Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 8

COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 10:47 pm

"Makes sense, don't think she's anywhere near here if that's the case. Looks like she's giving the horse a workout the way the dirt's kicked up. She's likely headed for a nearby town to hide out. There's a handful of those in the area." When he said he could be mistaken she shrugged. "You haven't been mistaken yet, no sense in doubting yourself." She was starting to warm up to this guy, he was nice. Not unlike a small number of other people she'd met, but it was comforting to know he wasn't going to hurt her. The amount of trees in the area didn't go unnoticed and Rose spared no time in climbing up one of them to get a better vantage point. She barely saw something through the trees and immediately jumped back down the branches. "She's not too far ahead of us, and not moving very fast from what I could see. She hasn't been pacing. We might just catch her if we speed up slightly. That horse has got to be pretty tired by now." She made sure she had a dagger or two at the ready in case things got ugly, but sincerely hoped she didn't have to use them to kill.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 6:49 am

“Mmh, agreed, let’s speed up a little so we can keep a better eye on her. But let’s not catch up to her just yet. She will wear herself down thinking someone is following her and constantly seeing people on the horizon not too far away from her and on the same trail as her, she might likely just run down her horse a little more or just lose her mind to paranoia a little. It will be more fun that way.” Del’ure grinned at Rose, obviously having checked out her backside when she had scaled the tree and now admiring the sight of her front side when she came back down.

“Or we’ll just keep travelling and following her, making her think that we’re just ordinary travellers who are on the same route as her entirely by chance. In the next town, she’s likely to try something and we’ll just corner her there. Might be less of a fuss if there’s more people around, or if that doesn’t bother her, it will most definitely be much more fun that way.”

He wasn’t even sure himself if he was sincere but, for what it was worth, it would indeed be quite the event if the woman did make a fuss. Ah, he hadn’t done this in a long time and in hindsight was actually rather pleased with having met Rose and with the fact that she had roped him into helping her with this particular case. “If all else fails, I’m just going to play her next victim.” He looked back at Rose for a moment, tearing his attention away from the horizon, and wriggled his eyebrows suggestively.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 5:22 pm

"Tough to find a man that thinks above the belt. Just don't get hurt if you play the victim, fair enough?" If anyone was meant to get hurt during this hunt it was her. This was Rose's job so it only made sense that she'd take any damage dealt. "You're a bit of a sadist aren't you?" It didn't exactly matter if he was or wasn't, but it was something interesting. "I just realized that I asked you to help me and I know next to nothing about you." It wasn't like this was the first time she'd made a friend this way, but the times were changing and she couldn't always rely on good faith. Taking off at an easy walk, Rose was tempted to climb another tree just for a bit of fun, but. . .Oh to heck with it she was going to climb a tree anyway! It was time for a little fun! After a bit of fumbling around and getting leaves in her hair, it was back to the ground and subsequently back on horseback. She spent the next fifteen or so minutes of time weaving a flower crown from little flowers she found in the trees and growing along the road. Then it was a matter of getting it on Del'ure's head. Best to do that like a ring toss! With a flick of her wrist she sent the flowers spinning through the air, but took off ahead of Del before she could see if it landed where it needed to.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 2:34 pm

“You’re adorable,” Del’ure grinned, “but there is no need to be worried about me, sweetheart.” The truth of the matter quite simply was that to Del’ure most everything was a game, and this wasn’t any different. There wasn’t all too much the woman could throw at him that he couldn’t handle. He wasn’t above getting a bit of a knife cut if it helped the cause. What was one more scar? He really didn’t care about getting a wound or two; as long as his face and general appearance weren’t ruined.

While Rose enjoyed herself climbing around the trees and fiddling with flowers, Del’ure made a show of stretching wildly on his horse, then walking beside it for a while. Altogether, if their prey was looking back, she wouldn’t see much more than a couple on the road, taking life easy.

Unexpectedly, Rose’s horse suddenly rushed off and he felt something brush against his hair. Instinctively, he jumped aside only to see a ring of flowers float to the ground. “Hey!” he called after her, somewhat indignant, but obviously in a joking manner. Picking up the flowers, he swung himself onto his grey and chased after the elf.

“I think you forgot something,” he chuckled as he reached her side and tossed the flowers back at her.
Far up ahead, the woman had turned around a few times when their horses had accelerated but seeing the two play-fighting seemed to have eased her a little, though she sped up her horse’s pace again. All the better, she wasn’t going to make it much further with the beast anyway.

Focusing his attention back on Rose with a mischievous gleam in his eyes, he growled: “Don’t make me take revenge.”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 3:12 pm

"Like you could catch me to exact any revenge you can come up with! Am I supposed to be scared? Quaking in my wee little boots?" she taunted with a smile. She couldn't help noticing that the woman ahead was getting nervous, but shrugged it off. She'd have to rest that race horse sometime. "Think we should give the horses a bit of rest once it starts to get warmer?" It was all well and good for her and Del'ure to wander in the heat on horseback, but the horses wouldn't take it too terribly well. The road was nice and shady in most places, they could stop just about any time they wished. Best to get a bit more distance in while the sun was still low. Something he said to her finally registered and she looked over at him. "What about me makes you think I'm adorable anyway? I'm the furthest thing from adorable there is!" She placed the flower crown back on his head and looked forward. "Now keep your crown on it suits you." Why was this all so easy for her suddenly? Most of the time she avoided contact with people in general, much less men she met at social gatherings. Didn't really matter, she was happy and having fun and she didn't want it to end.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 1:33 pm

A wide grin spread over Del’ure’s face as he replied: “Well, yes, that was the idea. But I see I will have to come up with another plan entirely.” Shaking her head a little while she talking, he did hold still however when she placed the flowers back on his head and then sat up straight, displaying them proudly.

“You should make one for yourself as well,” he suggested with a wave to his new hat. He didn’t reply to her question however, merely looked at her with a sly smile playing around his lips. It was so much easier, and way more fun as well, to let women cook up the responses to such questions themselves. The most interesting reactions came off that sometimes, good or bad. Obviously it didn’t always go well but Del’ure was fairly certain that Rose wasn’t suddenly going to tell him to bugger off.

“Yes, let’s keep riding for a while longer, then we’ll give them their deserved break. With a bit of luck there’ll be a straight stretch of road without those mini annoying bends so we won’t lose her either. Then again, there isn’t much she couldn’t chance upon on this road, so she’ll probably continue straight until the next town.”

They did happen upon a nice shady spot just after another one of those little hill rises. It was a lucky spot as the road descended for a bit before going straight for quite a long time. They had somehow managed to catch up to the woman a little because her horse was starting to be unable to keep anything quicker than a very slow trot. The hoof prints were irregular and Del’ure could only hope the horse didn’t break down.

“It would make our life much easier if the horse did break down from exhaustion, but I’d hate to see that happen. It is a rather nice beast, and out here, I’m not sure she would have enough sense to be able to do anything to help the poor thing.”
After a few heartbeats of silence, he continued: “At least we can keep an eye on her and rest our own horses for a bit – and to be honest, I won’t mind a few minutes of shade myself.” It should calm the woman down a little as well before she went completely insane from paranoia. Not that it mattered to him.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 4:39 pm

"She'd have to be a total dunce not to stop and let that horse rest before she makes it lame. There isn't much to be done at that point regardless of what you know about equine first aid." As he motioned to his crown she looked over at him. "Perhaps I shall make another crown before this journey of ours is over. It all depends on what sort of flowers I find. I found out the hard way that I'm violently allergic to roses, so using those is out of the question." Some time down the road the woman finally stopped and Rose in turn brought her steed to a slow halt in a patch of shade. "Well at least she had the sense to stop. Crazy woman. . .If she hurt that horse I'd gut her and sell her organs in Kaionar then send the corpse back to my employer." There was something about a person who didn't care about the well-being of animals that made her blood boil and her ears pin back. "I don't particularly recall him saying she had to come back alive." She was edging closer and closer to simply killing her instead of incapacitating her to take her back. That was not a good sign.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 8:10 am

Allergic to roses? Well there’s something he found interesting, for many reasons. Though he did find it funny that a girl was allergic to the flower she had been named after. What odd coincidences life threw at people sometimes!

Raising an eyebrow at Rose’s reaction to the woman’s behaviour, Del’ure asked: “Wasn’t that the plan anyway?” His voice sounded completely innocent, though his face wasn’t, but since that had his front turned toward the horse to take care of it, Rose would most likely not see that he had a mischievous expression on his features. Ah, the fun of teasing. The option definitely remained though if her employer really didn’t want the woman back alive.

“That might actually be an interesting thing to tell her, don’t you think? If she believes it, it should give her quite the scare. Which is always fun.” Turning back to Rose, he looked at her to gauge her reaction and her thoughts, a little worried about the bloodlust he could hear in her voice. “Have you killed often on your job?” he suddenly asked, straightforward and without hesitation.

He wasn’t sure what he was expecting as a reply to that question, but he couldn’t help but wonder if that was an issue. Maybe she had had to kill too many times? Or maybe this was something completely different? Already it was odd that a petite woman like her had gone down this working route and now she was speaking about gutting and killing the woman with barely batting an eyelash. Rose was by far more interesting than he had thought at first, he had to admit.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 2:34 pm

"This has been my occupation for half my life; I have been forced to kill while doing my job, yes, but it isn't something I enjoy. Killing an animal to stay alive is one thing, they don't beg for their lives." She looked over at him and got a hint of a smile back at remembering one such adventure where she had to kill. "One job I had to do I killed this big lizard that walked out of a lake and tried to snap my leg off. I made a pair of boots out of its hide and I have its skull displayed in my library down at Harglen." Something to tell the woman they were after? That was worth a laugh or two! "Ha! You really think I should tell her that? I might if it comes down to be having to drag her back alive and trying to kill me or a gutless corpse." Her smile fell halfway and she shook her head. "There are certain things that just get my blood boiling, everything else I'll handle without a word. I'm sorry, am I making you uncomfortable? I don't mean to, it just gets me going that someone would abuse an animal like that."
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 3:13 pm

“Lizard skin boots,” Del’ure grinned. “I hope they’re comfortable. But no, don’t worry, it takes a lot to make me uncomfortable.” He had never tried any of those himself, he preferred to stick to the leather type booths he wore, the ones he knew he liked to feel around his feet. Of course, he had worn more presentable shoes for the gala, but now that they were taking a break, Del’ure deftly removed them from his feet and let them air for a while before he’d slip back into his fairly worn leather boots. While he was at it, he decided to also jump into something more comfortable in general.

Without thinking about what he was doing, Del’ure relieved himself of his formal shirt and was already fiddling with the opening of his trousers before he realised what he was doing and that he was actually in female company, female company he wasn’t necessarily planning on sleeping with right that second, though he could always gauge the reaction.

“Do you want to change out of your dress as well? Unless you don’t have anything else with you?” It was a wonder he even had clothes with him, but since he rarely stayed in one place for long, he had had his belongs strapped to the saddlebag already, ready to depart on the next day. Or in the middle of the night even, depending on how things would have fanned out. Turned out that once again that had been a good idea. “I may have something that could fit you if you tighten the belt a little faster if needs be.”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 3:33 am

"I never go anywhere without a spare set of clothes, heaven forbid I stain a shirt or pair of trousers if I only have the one set." she replied with a laugh as he most of the way disrobed. "Go ahead and continue changing if you wish, you don't have anything I haven't see before." The last man she'd seen wasn't nearly so attractive as Del'ure was, nor was he anything remotely close to kind to her despite being her spouse. "As much as I think I would like your clothing, it might look a little silly on me considering our physical differences." That being said she dismounted, pulled a bundle of clothing out of her bag, and scampered behind a tree to change. "Maybe I'll nick your shirt to sleep in, my clothes don't sleep too well." And it was generally true; she never packed night clothes when she went on jobs, too much to carry around. "Unless you mind me borrowing it, in that case I'll manage as best I can."
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 8:20 am

‘You don’t have anything I haven’t seen before,’” Del’ure repeated with a mock pained voice. “You’re wounding me!” But he continued undressed as he had started, unfazed by the fact that someone might be looking at him. “Yeah well, it might be a little big for you but if all else fails, it’s still more comfortable than having to ride and hunt criminals in a tight fitting dress all day long.”

It was almost a shame that she went to hide behind a tree to get changed, but Del’ure stifled the grin at this. After all, it was nice to see that she wasn’t completely without qualms. A woman was so much more interesting when she didn’t get naked within the blink of an eye.
“My shirt is yours, if you so wish,” he merely replied as he fastened his typical trousers before slipping on his boots. The shirt he left off for now, feeling the need to air a little, and not in the least because he wanted to play with Rose a little longer.

Before he lounged himself on the floor however – he had already put the satchel of food down on the ground – Del’ure scanned the horizon one more time, satisfied to see that the woman was still where she was supposed to be, her horse even slower but she wasn’t pushing it anymore either. She did turn around once when Del’ure was looking and he barely refrained from joyfully waving at it, but that would probably have pushed her over the edge. Instead, he made sure she saw him lying down on the ground. “There could be a little more moss underneath all this grass, for my taste,” he muttered, but he wasn’t going to complain. A little bit of rest in the sunshine was a nice thing to be had.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 3:09 pm

She walked back out feeling more comfortable now that she had better range of motion. The way he repeated what she stated made her stop for a moment. There wasn't any annoyance or negativity in her response, just pure amusement. "Allow me to clarify: I'm aware of what a man looks like without clothing. That's not to say what I'm familiar with is necessarily better looking than what's in front of me. Frankly my late husband couldn't hold an unlit match to you. May he rest in peace." That was more than half her life ago as well, she was in her forties when he died. When he mentioned the ground being a bit too hard she brought out her cloak and rolled it up before tossing it to him. "Makeshift pillow, maybe that'll help?" Did Del'ure "have" to leave his shirt off?! It was so distracting! "You're exceedingly distracting when you're shirtless, Del'ure. You know how tough it is not to look at you?"  Once or twice she'd caught him looking her way, and his behavior at the party was a good hint, but there wasn't any sense in pursuing it. "This spot taken?" she asked lying on the grass beside him.

Last edited by ElizaFlame13 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 3:27 pm

Del’ure raised a pleased eyebrow at Rose’s comment, and already had his mouth open for an amused comment, when he closed it again as she continued without letting him interrupt. ‘Late husband’, he thought. That didn’t sound very pleasant, the way she’d phrased it. Maybe sooner or later he would find out what had happened to him, but he wasn’t sure now was the moment to ask. Still, she was pleased with what he saw, and he was happy to hear it.

Propping himself up to put the cloak – which had obviously landed in his face – behind his head, he smiled broadly at her. “Thank you kindly, my dear. That really will be much better.” His grin grew even broader at her next statement and he winked at her. “I could put on a shirt if it’s such a chore for you to look away from my body,” he paused a little for measure, “but it really is just so nice out in the sun.” And with that, he let himself flop back down, with his head pillowed on her cloak.

With her scent filling his nose, Del’ure sighed shortly and closed his eyes before instantly opening one of them again to blink at her. “Feel free to lie wherever you want. I could even offer myself as a pillow if you’d like.” A wink accompanied the words before he closed his eyes again to leave her to her own devices. It was a good thing though he had placed the satchel close by because soon enough he really would have to take a drink. As much as he liked the heat, the inevitable dust kicked up by the horses’ hooves wasn’t making his mouth feeling any more pleasant.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 6:21 pm

"I don't know how comfy a pillow you'd be." Either way Rose inched over and cuddled up to him. "I don't get out in the sunlight very much. I wonder if I'll blister." Nonetheless the sunlight felt wonderful on her skin and her ears twitched in a cat-like motion. The weather was wonderful, and it seemed like the woman wasn't in too much of a hurry. Of course the horses puttering about kept her from truly letting go and taking a nap. 'Darn horses.' she thought as she sat back up. For a moment she felt annoyed, then realized it was just nervous energy. "No false danger alerts over there you hear?" she joked as her horse fidgeted. "Silly creature's always nervous when he's not running." Years of facing dangerous criminals and enchanted beasts took a toll on any sane being, it was understandable. "A few minutes more and perhaps we'll get back on the road?" It was good to be out of the saddle for a bit, but her job was always nipping at her heels. "Ride without your shirt if you really want her to get distracted, no sensible woman can resist you for long." She was just about at the end of her rope herself, but she couldn't let that get in the way of what was at hand.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 9:05 pm

“Mmmhh, getting soft, are we?” Del’ure joked as Rose suggested he’d go shirtless because he was hard to resist, but he gently shook his head. “I have plans for her, and those plans may involve partial or complete nakedness for easy access to her vulnerable side but not just yet. Plus, she’s too far away to be able to properly admire the view.” This last part he added with a wink at Rose as he lifted himself off the grass and moved towards his horse to retrieve the shirt he had left over the saddle to unwrinkle a little.

After he had stripped it back over his head, he looked at his companion. “Shall we let your horse out of its misery and move on?” His own horse was merely briefly looking at him, almost as if raising an eyebrow and wondering if he was serious about getting on the road again. “Come on, big guy. You’ll get another break soon enough. See, my horse seems the exact opposite of yours. He prefers the more relaxing take on life.”

The woman they were pursuing had gotten quite a bit further in the meantime but nothing they couldn’t catch up to if they wanted to, but Del’ure suggested to keep going at their steady, easy pace so as to make sure that she didn’t bolt. “If she starts thinking we’re just normal travellers, she’ll certainly stop at the next town. She can’t go on like this anyway, and she probably doesn’t have any provisions with her either. And even if she does, her horse won’t make it much longer if she doesn’t stop. So I wouldn’t worry about catching up to her just now. We’ll get her in the town. What do you think? Got a plan forming already or do you prefer to wait to inspect the place?”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 10:13 pm

"What makes you say I'm getting soft? Just because I admitted that you're exceedingly attractive? That's just stating a fact that most people know by looking at you." She was trying her best to shrug off his comment, but she wasn't doing such a good job: the tips of her ears were turning red. "This poor beast has suffered through cursed forests, long sleepless night, and nearly lost his life more than once, I'd be a fool to blame him for being antsy. Likely enough I'm the reason he's like this." Rose wasn't necessarily sad or regretful, but there was a bit of pride when she mentioned what he'd put up with. "He deserves to retire to a life of being a pet, I might part ways with him soon to give him a few stress-free years. I guess we'll see how this job pans out and I'll find something to do with him later. Simply because I have this nagging feeling he wouldn't take it too well if he didn't see this through."

Her companion posed some very thought-provoking questions, it took her a moment or two to answer. "Best to get to know the area first, 'cause if she's been here before and we run in blindly we'll be at a serious disadvantage. Now that I think about it her ex-husband was very vague about her, how troublesome." There was still a ways to go before they got close, but it wouldn't be longer than a day to get there from where they were. "You seem to have fun with this cat and mouse game, Del'ure."
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 7:40 am

Well he seemed to have trodden on a sore spot. Not wanting to appear soft, on the contrary, wanting to appear tough but at the same time blushing fiercely when speaking about his appearance. Ah the possibilities such reactions provided… Del’ure revelled in them, but he didn’t let any of that show on his face.

“He might be too used to the joys of adventures by now to be able to happily settle for a life as a pet,” Del’ure remarked briefly if only to remind her that the horse had lived through all these adventures with her. “He might not take it kindly if you give him away while he is still able to put up with your antics. They’re just as attached to us as we are to them.” With a wink he added: “Definitely let him see this through. I get the feeling he has a bit of a bone to pick with that other horse.”

Del’ure nodded in agreement to Rose’s statement. It really would be most helpful to know their terrain a little before they engaged in a battle, no matter what kind of battle they were going into. He snorted at her comment however. “Of course I am enjoying the game. It’s a game after all. They have been invented to be enjoyed.” Del’ure smiled at Rose briefly but behind the smile, he was beginning to wonder what kind of games she was intending to play. Maybe he should be a little more careful around her after all, considering she was an elf and they had a few advantages over humans, he couldn’t deny that she might possibly have more ruses up his sleeve than he had initially thought.

“Don’t tell me you aren’t enjoying this yourself, my dear,” he looked at her, a smile playing around his lips but his eyes had grown somewhat more serious. “If you weren’t, you wouldn’t be doing this job, and you wouldn’t have been doing this for as long as you have been. Or is there something else entirely to this?” He made a small circular motion encompassing Rose, the woman ahead of them, even himself included.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 5:46 pm

"I enjoy taking dangerous people off the street, and I enjoy good company, but I've always had mixed emotions about violence. While bloodshed is typically necessary in my line of work, I prefer to bring my targets back alive and in one piece. Death hits too close to home." Rose smiled as he stated his case for her keeping the horse. "You're right, yet again. He's got a long life ahead, it'd be insensitive to send him away in his prime to deal with a few snotty brats." Death did indeed hit very close to home, having seen her husband die and her only child never get a chance to live. "Perhaps I'll tell you a bit more later today, if you're curious." She didn't give deliberate information without being asked, something she picked up before she moved to the mainland. "To be fair I do enjoy a good chase; I just never have anyone to play tag with anymore." It didn't seem quite right for him to be following her about on this job without telling him something about herself at some point. "What about you? Any reason you're here helping me?"
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 9:36 pm

Del’ure acknowledged Rose’s offer for answering more questions at a later stage with a nod but didn’t react any further to it. While he was interested in hearing about the woman, he wasn’t particularly up for hearing every tid bit of her past. Her present and recent past told him quite a fair bit about her already.

“The chase is always better than the catch,” Del’ure agreed, a small smile playing around his lips. “It’s what I live for. A lot of the time at least.” In so many ways than just catching bounties as well, but that was another story, something she may or may not have already suspected but he wasn’t about to confirm it out loud. In his experience, a little bit of mystery was always a hook.

“No particular reason other than a beautiful woman having landed in my hands and having asked me for my help.” The man winked at his companion, before he grew more serious again. “I have nothing else to do at the moment and this seemed like an interesting thing. And since I agreed to help you at the party but the job wasn’t finished, I decided to keep going with it. I dislike leaving a job unfinished, whether it is mine or one I’m helping someone else with. It simply won’t do.”

Once again he let his gaze sweep over his partner in crime, raising a questioning eyebrow this time to see whether the reply was good enough for her or not, before letting his eyes roam back over the road ahead of them to check up on their victim. Less and less space separated them, and the town in the distance was coming nearer by the minute, it seemed. Soon, the next step of their fun would begin.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 3:10 am

"For the sake of putting bread on the table the catch is a little more satisfying than the chase; the chase gets my adrenaline going and the catch is euphoria." The town ahead didn't look like it would be anything too difficult to navigate, but the ghost town she'd seen with that Ranger had proved how deceiving looks could be. "Let's hope this place actually has people in it." If it didn't then this was going to be a bad case of déjà vu. A very bad case indeed. After nearly being suffocated in a bewitched house and getting chased by some of the most hideous primordial creatures ever to exist, she was happy to simply deal with thieves and crazy ex-wives. "Thank you again for sticking around to help me. Maybe the next time you see me I won't be working and we can properly relax." 'If I ever stop accepting these high risk jobs that take a week or longer to complete.' she reminded herself. "Guess the next thing to do is figure out what we're doing once we get there. I don't quite know where we're at right now."
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 10:46 am

The town turned out to be rather small, little more than a larger village, so to speak, but it was big enough to have a couple of inns, some grand master who thought he could rule the whole place and everyone living in it and two inns. There were quite a few small business scattered about as well but there didn’t seem to be much traffic of any kind, whether it was commercial or otherwise. There were a handful of small farmhouses as well but the bigger parts of those were slightly outside of the village’s limits. “I guess this place does have people in it,” Del’ure joked, though his eyes never left the village as he observed the little activity there was.

Waiting for a good while before slipping into the streets themselves, the companions soon found where the woman was housed. Del’ure looked at Rose as he halted his grey in front of the stables in question. “It would be easier to stay in the same inn to make sure we don’t miss any of her moves, but it would require us to come up with a decent cover-up story. And I sincerely hope she doesn’t look too closely at the horses because if she recognises ours, our cover will be blown before we get started.”

As he let his gaze roam around the place again, he continued: “We could also check into the other inn and hope for the best. I think the stable boy here could be easily bribed into giving us all the information we need and might not be able to acquire ourselves. At least it then wouldn’t require us to keep up pretenses all the time. I mean,” he added with a purr as he turned his eyes back onto Rose, “we wouldn’t want to get distracted now, would we?”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 9:21 pm

"There's a fine line between a cover-story and a distraction, my dear." Rose retorted lightly as she looked between the two inns. "A little bribery goes a long way. . .Let's not risk distraction this time 'round. We can fool around with distractions and such later." She added a mischievous wink after her jest. To sharpen her daggers once things got settled or- no definitely sharpen daggers. It wouldn't do to go into a fight with a dull blade. "I'll take care of the stable boy and meet you at the inn shortly." Obviously convincing a young boy to take money to spy on a potential murderer was not an easy task, but nothing was too difficult for the intrepid hunter to at least give a valiant attempt. Of course she was careful to omit the part about the woman being wanted for murder and put on her best smile. She soon had herself an informant and went about her business of looking for her partner in crime. "Ah there you are! I wondered where you'd gotten off to you sneak." A bit of lighthearted teasing never hurt, right?
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 3:36 pm

Ah distractions, what a lovely prospect, but Del’ure wouldn’t let himself be misguided. For now at least. Maybe there was a little something he could do later on but for now there was a task at hand and that required more attention than any distractions he could possibly have in mind.

With a grin, Del’ure nodded and took hold of Rose’s horse’s reins, leading both of them away from her victim and towards the other inn where just as young a stable boy was tending to the horses. It looked as though this stable was also almost completely full which meant that at least they weren’t going to have to make do with worse service.

Handing the horses over to the boy with a promise of a small monetary reward if he took extra care of the animals, Del’ure made his way into the inn with their few belongings, secured a large room for the two of them and settled down at the bar for a pint of something cool, which is where Rose found him.

“Ah I knew you could find me anywhere, my dear,” he replied with a wink as he motioned for the bartender to bring another cup of the same brew. “All good, I assume? Let’s make our plans for tonight, shall we?” Del’ure put on an extra little purr for the bartender’s benefit who would most certainly spread the word to the barmaid, who was already eyeing Rose with murder in her eyes. Hopefully, she wouldn’t complicate things. The disadvantage of having to pretend with Rose was that he could not get his hands on such lovely offerings as the barmaid presented, but alas, the sacrifices he made.

Downing the rest of his drink, he got up and moved closer to the elf, his eyes glinting. “Shall we take this up to our room so we can plan?” Even if his intention wasn’t what his tone and demeanour hinted at, the important people in the room would most likely swallow it without a second thought, which was the idea.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 4:17 am

With the look she knew she was getting, it was time to really get the barmaid frazzled. Now how to go about doing that; there was a long list of options. "Since when have we ever needed to plan when we travel? You lead, I follow: it's that simple." She knew full well that she couldn't play cute and innocent at her age no matter how young she looked, and she was aiming to piss of the maid anyway so why bother? "But if you're intent on planning, so be it." She sauntered off in the general direction of the room, drink in hand, and paused with an embarrassed blush lighting up her cheeks. "Just realized I don't know where I'm going. Care to point me in the right direction?" she joked leaning on the door frame. "I swear you're such a distraction I'd lose my head if it weren't attached to my shoulders. And I say that with all the love and affection in the world." The last bit she added with an "I'm being sweet please don't take that personally" smile. It wouldn't do for anyone to think she was really being insulting, least of all Del'ure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next