Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rogue and El- A Chance encounter

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 10:39 am

Armeno’s groan of pain stopped Static in her tracks, her eyes flying to his face. She couldn’t look at him when she knew she was hurting him by pulling him onto her cloak- It would save him from more burns, but all the same… “Armeno?” her voice wavered dangerously at his name and she gulped back the tears that she knew were coming. “The dragon’s gone, I’ll find your sword.” She didn’t move, she would find it later. “Don’t talk.” Her voice cracked and tears spread from under her eyes, dripping clean paths down her soot stained cheeks. She couldn’t do anything… While he had healing powers, all she had was destructive ones… She closed her eyes, she couldn’t bear to look at him any more, the blood that was everywhere. She could still feel his weight in his arms, not having put him down from dragging, his shallow breath.

“It’s my fault, the dragon wanted me.” She said quietly, her eyes still closed. Only he would be able to hear him- there were people running from the tavern, stablehands getting the horses out of their collapsed lodgings, screams and shouts and even drunken revelry still. “You can’t die.”

She opened her eyes again, everything apart from him a blur. Her heart thudded in her chest. She leaned forwards, touching foreheads for a moment before kissing him, trying not to hurt him as she leant across. A few tears dripped from her cheeks onto his before she quickly pulled away, giving him a sharp tug to drag him onto the last bit of cloak. He was too tall, and his feet drooped off the end. She got to her feet, trying to ignore his yelps as she took hold of the edge of her cloak and started to drag it, and him, away from the worst of the hot rock. The cobblestones cracked under her feet, breaking into dust. She had to be careful to avoid the other people as she headed away from the burning tavern, checking her path.

A barmaid suddenly ran up to her, clutching, lo and behold, Armeno’s Levitas.
“I saw what happened!” she panted, her eyes wide with fear. “This is his sword.” She paled as she looked at Armeno, the elf covered in even more blood than Static. “I---“
Static pulled the sword out of the girl’s grasp, thrusting it into the belt of her dress. It stuck out wildly under her armour. “Go and get help, a healer, a mage, a sorcerer, someone!” she gave her a shove with one hand, her palm paining at the touch. “Now!”
The girl dithered for a moment before running for the stables, taking the first horse that was available- Velox, prancing uneasily. She leapt onto his unsaddled back with ease, kicking him into a gallop out of the courtyard, her face set.
Static dragged Armeno a little further, then stopped again, laying him carefully down out of the way and kneeling close again, still worried.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 3:29 pm

Armeno's brow creased slightly at Static's instructions. He wanted to talk, but she was obviously far more worried about him than she needed to be... He was fine, really. He tried to move, to let her know that he would be fine, but it only caused more pain. Luckily, the grunt he involuntarily released was lost among the moans from Static dragging him along. He could tell that every sound of pain he uttered took its toll on her, and he hated that.
'I'm not... going to die...' he stuttered, frowning at Static. She should know him better than that... Know that something like this wouldn't kill him. Though he did feel slightly lightheaded. His eyes flicked to the side; the sight of his arm caused only a slight amount of nausea. He felt slightly disconnected from his body, and was astounded at the amount of blood trailed on the baked cobbles. But he had little time to connect the lightheadedness to the bloodloss as his eyes snapped round to Static leaning over him. His face became a question for a second, then realisation, then shock.

It was during the shock that Static's lips softly touched his; he stared at her for a second as she withdrew, blinking as the salty tears dripped onto his face. She didn't need to cry... The kiss had thrown Armeno though. He was reeling mentally, trying to sort out his emotions. One part of him was oblivious to the kiss, focusing miserably on the pain and wanting to scream out loud. Another wanted to pull Static back and kiss her again. And another part... It had no idea what on earth it wanted. Armeno settled for restraining noise as much as was possible as Static moved him, then trying to convey his thanks through his eyes. But she was quickly gone... Her words with the barmaid were something of a haze, though Armeno dimly registered the girl riding off on an uneasy, jittery Velox. Armeno smiled despite himself; the horse persevered in his quest to be a nuisance always. He was currently experimenting with his new rider by jinking sideways and tossing his head, but he didn't seem to mind the girl so much. Perhaps he had got more used to women because of Static during their time with her and Tam... This was the last coherent thought which went through his mind before the resumed jolting pains combined with bloodloss dropped the black veil over the world again- apart from a registered wave of concern for Static, kneeling and crying by his side.

Ciqala jumped out of the bed with practiced ease, a forcefield bubbling round his outstretched fingers and his head swivelling to find the danger. He did a double take, leaping backwards, as he saw the thrashing Zack, then relaxed as he realised what was happening and stepped forwards to untangle Zack with a small laugh.
'Stupid dragon,' he scoffed playfully, before stopping and spinning round at Zack's next words. He had woken facing Zack, away from Racksom, and he reeled again at the flames and distant, echong yells which erupted from the city. He flinched as the dragon arose, having only met one other than Zack. It hadn't been exactly friendly.
'I don't know...' he replied, stepping round to the othr side of Zack so that he could still watch the city while he untangld the little dragon. He involuntarily winced at the massive flash of green light which catapulted the dragon far away; it didn't return. He turned slowly back to Zack.
'Some fight, huh? Part of me wants to go down and see what's up... The other part wants to stay the hell away.' He tilted his head very slightly, wondering what Zack would want to do.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 5:06 pm

Static couldn’t help the small smile that crept onto her face as he said he wasn’t going to die- So heroic, all the time. Maybe he was delirious, couldn’t see the mess the dragon had turned him into… She certainly wished she was. She ignored the burning in her hands for the moment, sitting by Armeno’s head and trying to control her tears, rubbing ferociously at her eyes with one balled fist. It felt like there were tiny needles sticking all over it, and she opened her hand, staring at the red raw flaking skin with little emotion. What did it matter? It was nothing. Nothing compared to what had made Armeno black out- She had a sudden, horrible thought and scrabbled for his side- If the fire had blackened the stones to cracking, then could it have caught Armeno outright too? His mangled arm was high enough across him for her to look at his side without moving it again, a godsend. His tunic was bloodstained like everything else, but his side… Much darker. Feeling sick, and not wanting to, she started to pull the fabric up, wincing when it cracked in her fingers. There was blood- lots and lots of blood. Being a mercenary, she was used to bad wounds, but this made her head spin- She had never seen burns so bad. The ones on her hands were trivial compared to what he had- Even with the little she had uncovered, it was bleeding like a stab wound. Panicking, she picked up the nearest folds of her cloak and wrapped it tight around him to try and stop it. The green fabric was thick, but it would quickly show the scarlet that was bound to seep through.

Soon there was a clatter of hooves behind her, and a whinny. The barmaid had returned! Static didn’t turn around, still trying to stop the flow of blood, letting her and whoever she had brought come to her.

There was a shuffling, then a large bag was plonked on the ground next to her, new, clean hands peeling hers away from Armeno. A flask was shoved into her hands; “drink this”. More shuffling around, and as Static took a swig of the liquid- Brandy, it burned like fire down her throat- She saw a young man busily clattering around, spilling bottles of potion everywhere.
“Who are you?” she asked, her voice hoarse.
“Foen. I’m a sorcerer.” He shot her a short smile before reaching over to Armeno’s face and giving him a good slap on the cheek. “Come on, wake up.” Before Static could react, he shoved more bottles into her hands. “I need him awake to give him something to stop the bleeding. And fix those bones a bit too. Don’t drink all that brandy, he’s going to need it as much as you.”

Zack huffed with a little annoyance and a little embarrassment as Ciqala untangled him from the tent, fluttering down to the ground, his eyes still set on the city in front of them.
“Yeah, I wouldn’t want to be anywhere near that right now.” He followed the arc of the dragon as it flew into the air, a purple streak until it disappeared into the night. “Do you think it’s over? Shall we go and look?”

Tabri flew through the air, bowling this way and that as the huge energy that Static had released pushed her far into the atmosphere. She couldn’t get her wings under control… She gave a roar of frustration, twisting on the edge of the lightning orb. The green energy hurt- That was something new for her. Although with every growing centimetre, it got fainter and fainter until she could fly again, pulling herself up into the air over the city.

“Bugger.” She swore, looking down at the carnage she had caused. “Princess is more powerful than we thought.” There was a strange whistling noise as she turned away from the city, and she looked down at her chest to the arrow that was sticking there still. “Huh. Looks like you got one in.” she shrugged, flying towards the open expanse to the east of the city. “Although Artemis, I wouldn’t call that a fair trade.”

She spiralled down to the Everplains, scorching a strip of fire for landing. Her front paw buckled under her, and she only just saved herself from face-planting the dirt. She looked at it, surprised to see blood. “Is that mine, or the elf’s?”

Zack gave a squawk of surprise as the air around them suddenly got much hotter, a huge dark shape swooshing past behind them. He fell over, scrabbling to see what had just fallen out of the sky. “Holy—“
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 1:56 pm

Armeno’s eyes opened blearily, roaming until they found Static’s familiar face. A new, stinging pain was in his cheek, and he frowned at her.
‘My cheek... Somebody’s attacking?’ But Foen’s words to Static filtered into his mind, and he swallowed roughly before continuing to talk.
‘You’re... Helping? Thank you... Is Static...’ He trailed off, sight dimming. His eyes rolled back into his head as his eyelids slid halfway down. Another sharp blow to the face caused his eyes to swerve down again, open.
‘Right... Awake...’ he groaned, sifting through his mind for something which would motivate him to stay awake. The first image that came to mind was one of Static when he had first met her. Sitting up straight and proud on Tamarisk, fire in her eyes and green energy sparking at her fingertips. But his mind slunk away from the image, swinging round to one of Static more recently instead. Standing, facing up to Tabri despite the terror on her face. Somebody to be protected, but not somebody weak. Always brave. This image, his mind settled around comfortably, staying conscious so that it could remain fixed upon the picture. But his urge to protect would cause issues with Static later, he realised- she wasn’t generally the type to take the back seat. He frowned suddenly then; what ‘later’? What was he thinking about? Why did he even need to picture Static to keep himself awake? His eyes focused on Foen’s face, mind surfacing from its ponderings on Static. The pain hit back hard, causing him to gasp. He hadn’t realised how much Static’s image had distracted him; how much he must rely on her now, as proved by the first realisation. He dragged his eyes back to her again. Her face now, anxious and dirty with tracks laid out by tears exposing her pale skin, made him want to sit up and throw his arms around her. Fool, he chastised himself. For all his caution... The embarrassment in the inn, lying with his back to her when they had stopped for rest... He had sworn he’d never let himself fall for somebody like Static, another fighter. It just wasn’t helpful in fights, he got irrational about those he cared for and tried to make them stay home. Static... She wouldn’t. And that was why he was in this state now, hurling himself off a rooftop at a dragon... It was too late, for both of them judging from the way Static had been acting. Just he had been pointlessly denying it while Static had obviously realised. He took a deep breath to sigh, sending a flare of pain through the burn and making him let out his breath sharply rather than slowly. He was still gazing at Static, and now he wrenched his eyes away from her face and instead onto Foen’s, where he let them rest, awaiting instructions from him.

Ciqala frowned, nodding slowly.
‘Yeah, I think we should. Better than going ignorant about big happenin-‘ He too was cut off as the huge shape swooped past.
‘What the hell... It’s the bloody dragon!’ Ciqala looked petrified. ‘It’ll decimate us!’ he hissed frantically. ‘I guess it’s injured at least... We should get out quick before it notices us.’ The dragon was only a few metres away, and Ciqala was already slinking towards Zack, eager to be away.

Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 10:42 pm

Static fumbled with the bottles Foen had given her, trying not to drop them. They held a strange mish-mash of substances inside- There was a little bottle full of purple liquid, another with a skeleton’s face on it, a larger tube with (of all things) a newt floating in it, glass beads and glooping half-solid messes that it looked like nobody should touch, let alone take. She couldn’t help but drop a few when Armeno spoke again though, leaning suddenly forward to hear his every fumbling word. She gulped, losing any way with words she ever had. He had asked after her again… She sucked in a faltering breath, trying to rid herself of the lightheadedness that had just hit her. Foen picked up the bottles that had rolled free, tutting under his breath.
“Make yourself useful girlie. Keep this one awake.” He tinkered with the bottles in her hands, shaking his head when he didn’t find the one he wanted first time.

“Armeno? You have to stay awake for a while.” She saw his eyes move from Foen to her, the only white amongst the black and red of soot and blood. When before she might have dropped her gaze, now she held his, trying to put back his real face- the smiling, cheerful, stubborn, brave face that she had seen, not this blackened mask of pain and hurt. Another bottle slid out her grasp.

“Alright, these ones.” Foen held three bottles- A small dark one, a fat, flattish one with a flipping lid and the one with the skeleton on the wrapper. He also took the flask of brandy off Static again, tugging at the capper and taking a swig himself. “You can put those back.”

She scrabbled for the bag, dropping her armful and spilling the bottles into its open flap before turning back to Armeno. The sorcerer was sitting close behind his head, ready to prop him up.
“These are going to make you a bit better, but it’s going to hurt. Apparently quite a lot. The brandy will help, but it won’t take away everything, and it won’t be completely fixed.” Foen looked up at Static, giving her the brandy and the first bottle. “I’m not a Euphorn, they’re the only ones that can fix things like this outright. Come on, get to work.” He shoved his hands underneath Armeno’s back, propping him up slightly.

“Me?” she squeaked. Foen waved a hand- Be my guest. She gave another gulp, uncorking the first bottle, the one with the skeleton on. “Is this poison?”
“Noooo.” He waved one free hand nonchalantly. “It’ll realign his bones again. That one’s going to hurt the most, best to get it done first.”
Static gulped again, steeling herself. This was nearly as bad as having to watch the elf plummet in the claws of the dragon. “Sorry Armeno…”

Zack rose a paw to his lips to quieten Ciqala’s frightened hissing, trying very hard not to put wind to tail and run for his life. He backed up from his little tent towards Ciqala, fluttering as little as he could in the hope of not attracting attention.
“Get on my back, and we’ll get out of here.” He said quietly, trying not to be noticed.

Tabri hissed as she licked at her paw, pulling a disgusted face. “Ugh, that’s elf. Tastes like burnt pinecones.” She scrubbed her paw on the ground, staining the long grasses red. Pain shot up her paw. “Elf and something else. Elf, else. Elf, else.” She twisted the words together until they were slurring like a drunkard’s. “Elfelshhhh… Ouch.” She licked her paw again, then yanked on the arrow still sticking out of her chest, flicking it away through the grass.
“Okay… What else did you get in?” She sat back, stretching out so she could see. There was a line across her stomach, but she still had all her organs, so that was good; her paw was in tatters- now the elf’s blood was gone she could see that. His sword had ripped it into shreds, which might pose a problem for a while- It ruled out more attacks on the city to find that sorceress at least for a week. And there was an itch in her cheek: Ah yes, that stray arrow. She rubbed her head on her shoulder and the pain got infinitely worse- There was obviously something still stuck in it. That would need to be dealt with.

((Please, feel free to post whenever, I'm not back till tuesday evening. After I've done my english coursework. -stern look at self-
You can PP Static to give him the potions, the skeleton and the dark bottle ones he needs to drink, the other goes on his side as burn lotion. Also, if you want, take control of Tam/the barmaid/Foen, whoever you want :3 Heads up on Foen: He thinks he's the bees-knees, Static= girlie and Armeno=elf, and he takes offence if you don't think his magicks work. Just think crazy scientist with an ego problem Smile Have a good few days, I shall be daydreaming in every spare moment I get!))
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 7:26 pm

‘I think... I can deal with... A little more... pain,’ Armeno grimaced. ‘Like... he says... Get it over.’ He didn’t try to sit up again, but he opened his mouth wide so that Static wouldn’t have too much trouble giving him the medicines- for lack of a better word really, he was sure they’d be ingrained with a strong dose of magic. Medicinal potions? Either way, Static had poured most of the rest of the brandy into his mouth. He smiled slightly as it numbed him a little, and when he spoke again it was a little slurred.
‘Don’t be sorry, Static.’ He then opened his mouth again, and Static took a deep breath before upending the skeleton bottle above his mouth. Armeno lay still for a few seconds, not feeling anything.
‘You sure it’s working?’ he mumbled, before gasping as the pain kicked violently in. He’d only had time to see Foen’s annoyed expression before he had screwed his eyes shut and clenched his jaw. It was a lot more painful than he had guessed, and he hadn’t exactly been prepared. His right hand instinctively flew across his boast and grabbed the arm, but he quickly dropped it with a groan as it made the pain worse.

When the pain had passed and his arm felt slightly mended, Armeno opened his eyes and looked up at Static.
'Pretty sure it's over,' he slurred. 'Next one better?' Static nodded, then looked at Foen.
'Which one next?' she asked. He pointed at the dark one.
'It's to take care of any other damage which is under the skin,' he explained. Armeno just closed his eyes and opened his mouth again. Static gave him the potion from the dark bottle. Armeno's face remained blank as the drink went down, then he wrinkled his nose.
'Feels odd... On my chest, too.' Then again, he reflected, it was probably going to- and it was a lot better than the pain of the skeleton potion. This potion took longer, but the longer it went the less Armeno's wounds throbbed. When the last of the strange sensation trickled away, Armeno carefully pushed himself up with his right arm.
'Last one, please,' he said. Blood was still trickling slowly from the wounds; they were healed apart from the fact that they had no skin. Static held the flat bottle to Armeno's mouth, and he tilted his head back- he didn't quite trust himself to sit up without his right arm as a prop yet. He sucked in a breath as the new feeling began- a stretching feeling as his skin extended and indeed stretched to cover the gaps. It was more unpleasant than the previous potion had been, but again didn't really hurt, and when it's work was done Armeno felt excellent- or at least, excellent compared to before the treatment.
'I suppose it did all work, then- thank you very much indeed, sir. May I ask of your name? And also... What exactly is a Euphorn?' From what he had heard earlier, it sounded like it had excellent healing powers at any rate. Armeno flexed his arm, pleased with the healing at any rate- but then hissed as pain went through the area it had been damaged.
'Actually... I think there's still something wrong with my arm,' said Armeno, looking up apologetically at Foen.

Ciqala nodded hurriedly.
'I'd be inclined to agree with that,' he whispered back to Zack, hurrying over and climbing carefully onto his new friend's back. The injuries might just anger the dragon further, it occurred to him... At any rate, if it looked at all like the dragon had seen them then the forcefield would be going up. One hand held a fold of paper at Zack's neck, the other was of in front of him ready to summon a shield.
'Let's shift,' he murmured, leaning forwards to speak closer to Zack's ears.

ooc: Sorry, I didn't do a great job with the PPing :/
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 1:03 pm

Static winced as the potions kicked in, sitting back and closing her eyes. She hadn’t realised how much it was hurting her to see him in pain. She clenched her fingers into fists, concentrating on the burn in her palms instead. She looked back at the elf as he spoke to her again, giving him the next potions.

“I’m Foen.” said the sorcerer, rustling in his bag again, putting back all the extra bottles that Static had dropped. He frowned in irritation as Armeno moved his arm.
“Stay still, you stupid elf! I said that it’d realign your bones, not fix them!” he shook his head. “Honestly, I thought you elves were more patient that most.” He started to rustle through his bag, hunting for something.
“Oh blast, I’ve forgotten bandages.” He said, giving up on the mess in his bag and turning back to Armeno. “Hmm… Maybe you could come back to my house and we can fix you up there?”

Static watched Armeno in silence as he sat up, already looking better than he had- Under the blood of course. It didn’t reassure her though- And there were white spots flicking in front of her eyes. The dragon had crushed his arm… They were falling through the sky… Fire and green and green and fire… She blinked slowly, a breath hissing in her throat. The spots didn’t go away, and now they were joined by red ones.

“A Euphorn’s a type of dragon.” Foen looked at Static, his face slightly disbelieving. “Is she going to faint on us?” He clicked his fingers in front of her eyes, but she didn’t really follow, relieving the horror of the past few minutes again. The sorcerer sighed. “I think you’d both better come back with me.” He hefted his bag over his shoulder, pushing down on the top to make sure nothing fell out. It was a regular thing that his bag left a papertrail.

Zack fluttered his wings experimentally, looking into the air to see the best path to take up and away fast. Despite being tired earlier, he was now wide awake, adrenaline racing through him. The dragon was so close, she could turn her head and spot them at any moment. He slowly opened his wings and set off, trying to keep his beating to a minimum to blend into the undergrowth around. Once they were out of the grasses he would have clear airspace, but they could be seen much easier.

Tabri hissed angrily to herself as she rubbed at her cheek again, pain exploding underneath her scales. Her paw came away a bright red, her scales shiny and slick in the weak moonlight.
“Dammit.” she swore, turning her head to rub it on her shoulder instead. It was like an itch she couldn’t get rid of. And now her paw hurt too, the elf’s slice ripped further with her exertions.

Zack put on a burst of speed as he cleared the grasses, twisting into the air like a leaf on the wind. He wasn’t fast enough with his speed though.

“What have we here?” asked Tabri, catching sight of the two tiny creatures and snaking her head around. The rest of her body followed, limping as she held her front paw high over the ground. She could just make out that there were two figures and she limped after them as they tried to escape her notice, watching them suspiciously. They had small enough paws, maybe they could rid her of her irritation?
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 7:07 pm

Armeno had been looking at Static with concern, but at Foen's reprimanding hsi jaw clenched and his expression turned slightly dark. But he then took a deep breath and stood fluidly, carefully holding his arm so that he didn't jog it.
'I'm sorry, I didn't realise that. I'd be fine coming back to your house, thank you very much for healing me.' He had been facing away from Static, and nodded at Foen's explanation of a Euphorn, but then whirled round, horrified, at his next words. Sure enough, Static's eyes were unfocused and she didn't look very stable. Holding his left arm out of the way, Armeno crouched in front of Static and put his right hand on her shoulder.
'Static? We're ok, the dragon's gone... We need to go back to Foen's house, he can bandage my arm and maybe give you something too.' He glanced questioningly up at Foen, then his eyes widened suddenly. He squeezed Static's shoulder, then strode over to Velox. He loaded the Arab with all their remaining possessions in a messy heap, the horse flicking his ears and twitching unhappily at being made to carry a load rather than a person. Armeno ignored the complaints, handing Foen a stray bottle as he walked as quickly as he could without jolting the arm back to where he thought Tam had gone. Once he had located the horse, he quickly mounted and rode him back to Static. Sliding off, he knelt by Static again.
'Come on, let me help you onto Tam and we can go back with Foen,' he said gently, then adding over his shoulder,
'Sorry if any of that moved the bones at all, but if it did I can probably put them back with a little effort- I don't think they moved much if they did.

Ciqala glanced round at the dragon as Zack spurted forwards. But as it obviously saw them, he cursed and let the forcefield which had been ready to blossom at his fingers expand to envelope them in a safe bubble. He still flinched as the dragon drew closer though, despite the protection.
'What do you think?' he whispered. 'Should we try and run, or stick around and talk?' Zack would know their chances of escape a lot better than him, but at least he could protect them from flames and claws for a time.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:03 pm

Static flinched involuntarily as she felt Armeno’s hand on her shoulder, not realising who it was. Her memories showed her the dragon’s fire, and that was something to escape from. She closed her eyes, dropping her face away from where she subconsciously knew Armeno was looking at her in concern. Everything seemed blurred together, and she couldn’t separate the fantasy from the reality. She had stopped crying as she steeled herself to give Armeno the potions as Foen had instructed her, but now the tears started to fall again, slipping down her blackened cheeks without a noise.

As Armeno looked up at Foen again, the sorcerer shrugged. “I might have something, but she’s in shock. We can’t do much except get her out of here.” He looked around at the carnage around them- He wasn’t surprised the woman had gone into shock, the place was horrific as it was, without whatever had caused such a mess. It looked like a dragon, from the charred mess of the inn, courtyard, even the stables (which were slowly catching from one end to the other with smoke and flames), and what else could have messed up the elf’s arm so badly?

He watched as Armeno busied himself with his horse, hanging back from the beast. He wasn’t good with horses, and the arab seemed flightier than most. He was very happy to hold whatever the elf had given him- A waterbottle? Adventurers must carry more interesting things than that- grabbing at the horse’s reins as Armeno headed for the other one. It snorted unhappily at him, and he gave it a dirty look before taking a step away. He looked even more put out as the elf returned with another horse, but he let him get on with it.

Static hadn’t moved in the time that Armeno had fetched Tamarisk, only unwrapping her fists. Her hands were stained dark red, her own blood mixing with that of Armeno’s. Underneath, her palms were cracked and burnt with the heat from the stones, deeper semi-circles cutting where she had dug her nails in. They throbbed with pain, catching her attention, distracting her while Armeno helped her to her feet, still looking down at them.

Tam was awarded with a sticky pat on the side as she saw the horse, scrambling up onto her back- That much she was so used to, it was like second nature, even through her fog. Once she was on his back though, she didn’t know where they were going, so sat forwards, twisting her fingers aimlessly through his mane as she waited for instruction.

“If you’ve moved the bones again, you’ll have known about it.” said Foen, shooting Velox another dark look. “This way.”

Tabri swiped at the little bubble forcefield that Ciqala had formed around the two with her good front paw. It bounced underneath her claws but slipped and she fell forwards, yelping as she landed on her cut foot. It collapsed underneath her and she ended up with a faceful of Everplain, hissing angrily to herself and spitting grass from her mouth. A few strands caught in her teeth and in a fit of sudden temper she blasted a patch with her fire, reducing it to cinders. Lightning cracked around her lips and she licked them, tasting ash.

Zack sent a fleeting glance at Ciqala, suddenly thankful they had found each other. He would have been toast.
“Um… She seems hurt…” he mumbled, still keeping his distance despite the larger dragon’s obvious discomfort. “Miss? Are you okay?”

Tabri gave a groan, trying to push herself to her paws again. They gave out, so she picked her face out of the ash and huffed, cinders floating around her face.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 6:31 pm

Armeno nodded with a slight grimace, more than willing to get out. He briefly wondered why Velox was veering away from a glaring Foen, but most of his attention was still focused on Static. Forget her having to look after him; he'd never be able to sit back and watch her sit there with semi-circles leaking beads of blood on her fists from her own nails. He nodded acknowledgement to Foen, then walked alongside Static, ready to steady her if she seemed unsteady. But after a minute or so, he just sighed and reached up across Tam's back with his right arm. Getting as good a grip on the horse's smooth hairs as he could, Armeno jumped and managed to get his leg over Tam's back. As he adjusted his seating, he wound his right arm around Static's waist. He hadn't exactly been intending to, more just thinking to be able to catch her more easily if necessary. But... Well, he wasn't denying that he'd fallen for Static, and his arm seemed to act of its own accord. But it felt natural, right, to be holding her like this, with the powerful horse moving for both of them. He suddenly realised, though, that Static was obviously not her real name... And he had no idea what was. He nearly asked there and then, but held his tongue, firmly telling himself that he would ask when they were both cleaned up. Now he had thought of this, though, he couldn't shed it from his mind, and he mentally ran through a list of names. Somehow, none of them seemed to fit... He closed his eyes and just focused on the warm body his arm was wrapped around. Static was relatively well, if not entirely, as was he. He had no idea where they were going after Foen's house, but for now he was okay.

Ciqala flinched as he felt the large pressure on his forcefield, but maintained it as the dragon fell.
'Yeah, it does look that way a little,' he muttered back. 'Maybe we should-' He cut his words short as Zack called down to the dragon. She really did seem in a bad way... Maybe it wouldn't be a disaster to stay and talk to her for a moment.
'Uh, I guess we can try and help her, though I'm not sure we can do anything,' he said to Zack.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 8:23 pm

Foen scooped Static’s cloak off the ground as Armeno returned, Velox following him reluctantly when they set out for his house. His mind was whirling with ideas to try and brew up something that would help- For either the elf or the woman, but at the moment, despite his injuries being the worse, she was in much worse condition. This kept him quiet for the time between the inn and his house, hardly noticing when Armeno hopped up behind Static on the leopard-spot horse.

Static kept her fingers wrapped around Tamarisk’s mane as they set off, starting when Armeno hopped onto his back behind her and wrapped his arm around her waist. It was warm and she suddenly shivered, missing her cloak. She shuffled backwards a bit, pressing against Armeno to borrow some of his body heat and closing her eyes.

Foen lead them to the edge of the city, a fair walk away from The Grey Snail. His house was a good size (he was well paid for his cures, and the frequent trade had made him a wealthy man, despite his young age), a house with two floors and flowering plants on the windowsills welcoming in the slight autumn moonlight. There was a small stable off to one side, just big enough for the two horses and he lead them to it, pulling the arab’s ungainly bundle from his back. It was heavy and slipped out of his arms with a clatter onto the floor. He pulled a wry face, tugging it out of the stall so it wouldn’t be in tatters the day after, and heading for the house.
“The door’s open, I’ll try and find something that might help…” he called over his shoulder, rustling in his bag again and pulling out a thick key.

“Can give it a go.” replied Zack, fluttering down close to the dragon. She watched him with suspicious eyes, then all of a sudden tried to get to her feet again, as if the thing that had made her fall had lost interest and would let her up. The ploy didn’t work, and she ended up on her side this time, pulling a face as she scraped the ground with her muzzle.

Tabri grumbled under her breath, then gave up. “Summat in m’paw.” She spat more dirt from her mouth. “And there’s something under my scales.” She turned her face, blood dripping from the arrow wound down and onto the ground. “Get it out?”
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:13 pm

As Static leant back into his chest, Armeno relaxed a little almost involuntarily. He touched her face and hands; the slight coldness surprised him, and he withdrew his arm briefly to rearrange his large cloak so that it encased her too.

By the time they arrived at their destination, Velox wasn't in the best of moods. He gave Foen a glare of his own as the magician removed the pack from his back, then instantly trotted a metre or two away and looked expectantly at Armeno. The elf just shook his head, dismounting from Tam and leading the horses into the stable. He then offered his right arm to Static as she dismounted, and carefully helped her inside.

Once there, having nodded thanks to Foen, he sat Static down in a relatively comfortable-looking chair and began to scrounge. Before too long he had come up with a bucket of water, a bar of soap, and a few soft pieces of cloth. He stacked the fireplace with logs and kindling, then focused hard for a second. A solitary spark flew from his fingers onto the kindling, and it flickered into life. Armeno paused for a moment, partly to gather himself after the small toll of the magic and partly to watch the flames spread from the fast-burning paper and twigs to the logs, which crackled as they burnt and spread warmth and light through the room. He then placed the bucket of water on a hook above the fire to heat and turned back to Static.

'Come on, armour off,' he said gently, unfastening the prices of metal and laying them carefully on the floor. It wasn't that easy with one hand; his movements were a little clumsy and sometimes he had to carefully manoeuvre his left arm to steady a strap or buckle as he undid it. He pulled her boots off, then, when she was sitting in her dress he dipped one of the pieces of cloth in the water. Using his right hand to help, he slid his left hand under one of Static's and then took the wet and warm cloth in his right hand. Using the lumpy soap, the pieces of cloth, the water and a much longer period of time than t normally would have taken him, he washed Static's and his own hands and face to a basically clean level. He quickly rinsed their arms, then stood, wondering where Foen was and if he could at least splint the arm for better use. But he shrugged and crouched next to Static again.
'Better now?' he asked, gently pushing back a stray lock of white-streaked hair from her face. 'We really should wash or hair too, but I can't do that with one hand...' he mused.

Ciqala glanced uneasily between Zack's head and the larger dragon.
'Um... Ok, I guess...' he said. Realistically, he should be able to stop the larger dragon from hurting him as long as it didn't go on for too long. So he braced himself and jumped from Zack's back, his unhumanly light body bouncing slightly on the soft grass. He then edited his forcefield, which had stretched to admit him, so that it split into two which were practically skin tight to both him and Zack. This required much fine- tuning and small, flicking hand gestures, so he stood tensely adjusting them as quickly as he could, once done, he jogged over to the paw which was almost the same size as him and peered at the wound on the underside.
'Ouch,' he stated quite simply. 'I think I can pull that out... But it'll probably hurt a fair bit.'
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 10:22 pm

Static was pulled out of her torpor as Armeno dismounted from behind her, the little heat that had collected under his shared cloak disappearing into the air. She opened her eyes, blinking wearily but not really registering the change of place. She unwound her fingers from Tam’s mane as Armeno offered a hand, slipping with little grace off the stallion and almost tumbling into his arms.

Her eyes flicked warily around the room as they entered, wide and mistrusting. They lingered on the network of glass tubes and bottles and jars that sprawled over a desk in the middle of the room, strange coloured liquids bubbling of their own accord. Foen’s face was distorted through a bulging glass as he bent over his work, busy trying to concoct something new. She watched Armeno move around the room as he gathered items, not moving from the chair where he had sat her. When a spark flew from his fingers, lighting the fire, she gave a little squeak, tugging at the edge of one of her sleeves. Despite her fear, she couldn’t drag her eyes away from the flames, only dropping her gaze when the elf was close enough for her to grab his fingers and check them carefully for any sign of burns. As he pulled his hand away to unfasten her armour she fidgeted like a child, her eyes flickering from his face to the fire and back, but let him take off the metal plate, sitting up from the chair to let him pull it off. She pulled her feet up onto the chair, her skirt drooping over her knees.

She flinched as Armeno used his left hand to take her own, her fingers curling away from him before he started to wash them. She watched him work dully, still not really connected with the present. She scrunched her face up as he washed that too, the dirty water getting in her eyes before he wiped it carefully away. Underneath the soot, her face was pink from the water, and speckled with red down one side where the hot cinders from the stable had blow against her, burning her lightly without her realisation. Her face looked worse, but her hands looked a little better now they weren’t scarlet, although the peeling skin hardly looked healthy.

As he crouched by her again, she traced a finger down one side of his face, a little of the soot that he had missed coming off. She watched him trustingly, blinking.

Foen continued to tinker with his potions until Armeno spoke a second time, dragging his eyes away from the little dish that he was mixing solids in. “Here, better deal with that arm if you insist on using it right away.” He stood, turning to a shelf behind him and taking down a box- it contained splints of all sizes and lots of bandages too. “Uh… The table’s probably the best place.” He started for a table, its top covered in books, but held up a finger and took down a pot from the shelf too. “Shirt off, you might feel in one piece, but if you got burnt on the side, it’s going to need bandaging too.”

Zack felt the weight suddenly lift from his back as Ciqala jumped off, his mouth widening into a little “O” of surprise. He fluttered down into the grass near the homunculus, feeling the forcefield tighten around him. He twisted his tail around a grass, not wanting to get to close to the other dragon on account of the fire, and the blood.

Tabri huffed, watching Ciqala out of slitted eyes. “Hurts already, make it worse.” She looked up from her grassy pillow for a moment before dropping her head back, not even looking at the man now.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 10:41 pm

Armeno nodded to Foen.
'Sounds good, thanks,' he replied. But he didn't move across the room; he stood where he was, frowning as he examined Static's burnt hands and face. He studied her expression as she wiped something he had missed from his face, glad that she had got over the event somewhat. He then lightly touched his lips to the top of her head before turning swiftly away and heading over to Foen. He had taken in the instructions he had been given, and he now obligingly unbuttoned his shirt. Its colours were in an odd contrast to the skin it revealed; most of the shirt was stained red with blood, burnt or covered in dirt from the ground, whereas most of his skin was much cleaner though far from clean, and lightly tanned. He shrugged the tattered fabric off his right arm, revealing well-developed chest and shoulder muscles from riding, fighting, exercising and stretching. He had to ease the shirt over his left shoulder and arm though, the upper bone shattered as it was. He tensed slightly, muscles tauting, as the shirt caught on his skin- still damp from washing it- and caused a small pain to go through the broken bone. But he then dropped the shirt on the table and looked expectantly at Foen. The potions had done a fair amount for the burn, but it still stung and the skin was pink and slightly raw over the area, not smooth and browned like the rest of his body.

Ciqala looked quickly back at Zack. The big dragon made him extremely uneasy, but he figured it was best to just get this encounter over with, so he carefully took the arrow in both hands. Bracing himself again the large, scaly foot, he pulled it out. He staggered backwards a couple of steps afterwards before carefully placing the arrow on the ground and looking up at the dragon.
'That's out now. Sorry if it hurt a lot... I'm not exactly practiced at that sort of stuff. I think it could get infected, though...' He peered at the arrow, which when whole had probably been about his height in length, then shrugged and retreated to stand by Zack.

Last edited by Artel on Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 3:17 pm

Static’s eyes widened slightly as Armeno leant over and kissed her on the top of her head, breathing in his warm, earthy scent. She watched him as he pulled off his cloak and shirt, taking the cloak from where he deposited it on the back of her chair and wrapping it around her, burying her hands deep in its warm folds. She pulled the hood over her head and snuggled down, pulling it up around her nose until only her eyes could be seen. Her hair fell back over her face and she pushed it anxiously back into place, pushing at it until it sat where Armeno had tucked it.

Foen stacked the books on the table into messy piles, tutting as a few papers slipped from their folds and spilled onto the floor. He dumped his armful of bandages, scrabbling for the papers and tucking them haphazardly inside the top book, squashing them flat so they stayed. By the time he was done, Armeno was ready to be patched up a bit further. The sorcerer gave a low whistle as he took in the extent of his burns. “I’m surprised you’re still standing. Those potions may have been strong, but for you still to have wounds like that, you must have been close to falling to bits.” Sitting, and gesturing for Armeno to as well, he rifled through his box for a long splint, fitting it to the elf’s arm and starting to wind bandages around. He unscrewed the pot he had taken, looking inside before handing it to the elf. “Put some of that on your side, but don't use too much, because it looks like she's going to need some too. Oh, and I never got your names--?”

After a while, Static tired of sitting on her own and got to her feet, the too-long cloak winding around her feet. She shuffled over to the table, sitting on the edge of another chair where more books were balanced. She watched Armeno in silence for a moment before the contents of the box caught her attention and she rifled through it, pulling out a long green ribbon and laying it on the table. Foen flicked a glance at her but didn't say anything. She pushed its folds flat before deciding that she didn’t want it flat, and wound it round her fingers instead. Then she decided, with a frown, that Armeno needed some green, and tied it clumsily around his good wrist in a bow.

Foen looked at Static in confusion, his eyes flicking to Armeno briefly before back to her. She wasn't behaving quite right, for someone who was obviously used to dangerous situations- After all, she was wearing armour. “When was the last time she said anything?” He had had a couple of people go into shock after something big had happened to them before, but never to someone who wasn’t the main casualty, and never quite like this. If it wasn't so concerning, he would have been fascinated to see how it developed.

Tabri gave a snarl of pain as Ciqala removed the arrow, her face contorting almost out of recognition. She reared her head out of reach, hissing. The eye on the side of her face where the arrow had just been pulled out was screwed shut, and her scales were bleeding again.
“I was being ironic.” She bared her teeth at the homunculus, crouching back into a long shape like she was a cat about to pounce. “Do people not know what satire is any more?”

Zack looked frightened as the large dragon hissed at them, letting his tail droop near Ciqala in case they needed to make a quick getaway. “Uhhh Ciqala, I think that was a bad idea…”

((The arrowhead was in Tabri's cheek, so I just changed it back ^^ Her paw was cut open by his sword though, so it's probably pretty gritty still with dirt and ash and the such.))
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 4:28 pm

Glancing back at Static in the chair, Armeno smiled to see her huddled under his cloak. It wasn't exactly like her normal self... But then, it had been a trying day for her. His eyes swivelled back round to Foen as the magician spoke, and he frowned.
'They were bad wounds, yes. But I've been injured before- it's inevitable with my lifestyle.' He obediently sat and let his arm be bandaged, cautiously sniffing the contents of the pot he had been handed. While he had learnt a while ago it was generally best to obey what a healer of any sort told him to do when it came to an injury, there was still no point in being stupid. But he dipped a finger into the pot and withdrew it again with a small blob of ointment on the end. Carefully and sparingly rubbing it into the burn, he replied,
'Sorry- I forgot in everything that was happening. I'm Armeno Narandal, and this is... Well, Static.' There was the name issue again. The ointment was cool and eased the stinging of the burn quickly. Armeno used no more, but screwed the lid back on the pot and looked round to Static as she moved over. After using the ointment he had laid his arm back on the table; he now watched as Static tied the ribbon around it. He smiled a little as he realised it was a similar emerald green to her cloak and clothes.
'Thank you,' he murmured. But his head and focus quickly snapped half to Foen as he made his inquiry. When /had/ she last spoken? This prolonged silence couldn't be a good sign, though she did seem a little better... He bit the inside of his lip, soemthing he was hardly prone to doing, as he thought back through the night's events.
'When she was giving me the potions, I think... She said sorry to me.' His mind had been a little blurred with alcohol and pain then, but he had sobered up from the cold ride and the wash, and he was in less pain now, so he was fairly sure of it.
'Is that bad? Will she be alright?' His voice was anxious as he turned back to Static and gazed at her expressionless eyes. He picked up the pot of ointment again, and removed the lid by holding the lot between his knees. He then took one of Static's red, peeling hands and began to smooth ointment into it, massaging the burns gently with his one good hand. The lotion was fragrant, a slight scent of lavender incorporated into the mix, and it left Static's skin a less angry shade of pink and a little softer.

Ciqala held his hands up either side of his head, edging closer to the helpful tail Zack had put out for him.
'Ok, sorry. Just thought it might help... Guess we'll be off now, then.' He hastily hopped onto Zack's back, checking the forcefields for flaws with his mind as he did. He had the feeling they might need them all too soon...
'Sorry. I think we better just get out,' he hissed to Zack, watching Tabri a little fearfully.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 5:59 pm

Foen nodded as Armeno talked, mostly concentrating on what he was doing. When he was done with the elf’s arm, he started on his torso, picking a larger roll of bandages this time. “Nice to meet you.” The fabric covered quickly, and Armeno was soon half-wrapped in bandages. He tied the last ends together then sat back, pleased at his work. As he saw the little gesture the two shared, his eyes widened slightly, then he gave an exaggerated yawn and got quickly to his feet.
“It’s late, I’m going to bed. You can use the first room on the right upstairs,” he pointed to one corner of the room, where a dark staircase lead upwards, “There’s a pair of beds in there. Use what you like, but don’t touch my equipment.” He headed for the staircase without looking back, until Armeno hailed him again. He stopped and half turned, trying not to sound too positive or too disheartened. “We can hope.”

Static’s hand curled involuntarily as Armeno started smoothing the palm with ointment, but she relaxed again as it cooled her skin. The tiniest smile twitched at one corner of her mouth as she breathed in the smell, reminding her of her childhood. Leaving her hand in Armeno’s, she bent over to rest the side of her head on the table, watching him. She curled her other hand inside his cloak, stroking a finger along the inside of the fabric.

Tabri’s eye flashed with anger as the tiny man backed up, the other still glued firmly shut. “It helped making it hurt.” Although she did have to grant that it didn’t hurt as much now, but still, it was the principle of the thing. She shot him, and his dragon, a black look, then looked to the sky, her wings snapping open then driving downwards, launching herself into the sky and disappearing in a flash.

“Good plan.” Zack whispered back, edging down the plant closer so Ciqala could get on easier. As the dragon shot him a dirty look, he assumed an innocent expression, then tightened his paws as she suddenly flew up into the air, her winds battering the plant down to the ground. He landed in a tangle, closing his eyes as dust flew up around them, then when the wind was gone scrambled onto his front, looking around fearfully.
“Let’s get out of here!”
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 6:57 pm

'Pleasure to meet you too. And thank you.' The words were soft but still there, issuing from Armeno's mouth as Foen tied off the last bandage. 'I'll try to take it easier with the arm, too.' Though he might speed things a tiny bit just before he went to sleep, when the energy loss wouldn't matter.
He frowned slightly at Foen's announcement; surely it was a little abrupt to retire so soon?- but quickly realised his real motives from the over-the-top yawn. And despite himself, he was very grateful for the gesture. Foen's parting words weren't exactly encouraging, but Armeno certainly would hope.
'Very well. Thank you very much; and sleep well.'

Armeno smiled as Static did, continuing to rub in the ointment. When he was finished, he gently reached inside the cloak and took out her other hand. He smoothed the lotion into the second and her face burns, then replaced the lid and put the pot back on the shelf; a smear of ointment remained on the bottom of the pot.
'Alright?' he murmured. He would have liked to go upstairs relatively quickly; Static looked tired, and he felt it. But he couldn't easily carry her upstairs with one arm, and he certainly wasn't going to wash her all over or change her clothes. He coloured at the very thought. So for now, he gently pulled her up from where she was half-lying on the table, and took her into his right arm. He uttered a mental curse at his broken arm; he would give a lot to have it whole right now. He sighed, deliberating in his mind, then whispered to Static,
'I'll be right back, stay here.'

He jogged out to the small stable, shivering at the cold; he had stupidly marched right out without his cloak on. But he grabbed the pack which Foen had left just outside the stable and lugged it inside, where he dumped it on a section of table which had a flat covering of books. He rummaged inside it until he came up with some food and water- he didn't know where from exactly, but it was there. However, there wasn't much, and be frowned at it discontentedly. Three doors lined the room, which Armeno tried; one was the door outside, one led to a room filled with yet more books and potions, and the third concealed a pantry, which was filled with food, tequila and brandy. Armeno smiled, taking two bottles of brandy, one of tequila, and a small range of food to supplement what he had. He then moved back to the table, took a deep breath, and cleared the things off it into neat stacks. He spread the food and drink out on it, then looked at Static.
'Static. If I pass out, and my hand is still on my arm, you need to take it off and slap me until I wake up. Okay? That's really important.' She wasn't exactly on top form, but he was pretty sure she'd be up to that. It was more conversation and everyday life that was an issue right now. He hoped.

He closed his eyes and placed his hand on the shattered bone, breathing slowly and steadily. He then began to channel his energy, using it to fuse and heal the fragments of bone under his skin and muscle. His tense position gradually weakened as he made a weak joint between each shard, then fractionally strengthened them one by one. After a couple of minutes, sweat had broken out on his brow and he was shaking. He pulled his hand away with a short groan, and sat weakly in the chair for a few seconds before clumsily picking up a bottle of brandy and taking a large swig. He rapidly consumed about half the food and the rest of the bottle, looking a little better afterwards. He then stood up, swaying a little, and scooped Static into his arms with a grimace. He carried her to the large and comfortable chair in front of the fire, weakly deposited her there, then took over the remaining two bottles of alcohol and placed them on the floor next to it. And then, he lifted her again, and flopped into the chair with her half on the rest of the chair and hf on his lap.

'I was going to take you upstairs, but even though the bone's strong enough now I'm not sure I'd make it,' he explained quietly. The healing was the most he had ever done, and it had taken a lot out of him. The alcohol had helped replenish him as well as the food, but it had also made him slightly drunk again. Before he probably wouldn't've sat with Static like this... Now, his exhausted and numbed brain couldn't put up much of a fight. It was the easiest option. And Static was warm, which was nice against his cold and bare torso...

Ciqala raised one eyebrow as the dragon took off.
'No idea what that was about, but I'd agree there,' he said, getting a hold on Zack's neck-pieces. 'To Racksom, then?'
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 10:19 pm

Static scrunched her face up again as Armeno rubbed the burn lotion into her cheek, feeling a heat that she didn’t know was there slowly fade. His hands were warm and smelt sweetly of lavender, a little oily from the salve. She half-drooped as he pulled her upright, fatigued by her exertions over the day before and that night too, leaning a little of her weight on him experimentally, but it didn’t last for long as he whispered some words and left her alone. She leant back against the table instead, swaying a little and watching the fire- it had dropped to a steady glow, the coals burning a fierce red on their undersides. Somehow, it was worse than the leaping flames that it had started with, and it made her shiver. She pulled Armeno’s cloak closer around her, a thick woollen shield that would protect her. Of course it would protect her- It was Armeno’s.

When the elf returned, rummaging around in the bag he had lugged back with him she stepped closer, picking up one of the waterbottles and fumbling at the capper with her fingers. They kept slipping clumsily and she gave a little frown, tugging out the cap with her teeth and drinking thirstily before Armeno returned with more bottles from the pantry. The water was sweet, washing away the bitter taste of ash in her mouth. As Armeno spoke to her, the bottle slipped from her fingers, the little that was left in it spilling over her feet on the floor. Her face paled at his words and she sunk into the chair she had been sitting in before, a sick look on her face at the thought of having to slap him. It grew worse as he closed his eyes and put his hand on his arm, the worry in her eyes growing as he shook from the effort. It was like he was dying all over again, and she still couldn’t do anything… her breaths were shallow even as he took a gulp from a bottle, frozen in the chair like a statue. When he scooped her up in his arms she was like a stiff doll, her fingers stuck resisting in the folds of the cloak where she had taken hold of it again. She could feel his arms around her strong, but they also wavered a little under her weight.

She sat still in the next chair he deposited in, her eyes unseeing until he adjusted her position, picking her up and pulling her onto his lap. She blinked a few times, her eyes focusing on the fire's dull glow, the only source of light, then she turned her head and wrapped herself around the elf, buying her face in his chest and putting her arms around his neck. The cloak slipped off her arms, covering the two like a blanket. He was strangely cold to the touch, the many bandages rough and unnatural. She gave a strange hiccup, her dark waves of hair falling around her face and covering it from view. She gave another hiccup, then the tears were falling again, sliding down her cheeks before dropping onto his chest like rain. Her arms tightened around his neck, she wouldn’t let him go. She couldn’t let him go, not after seeing him so close to death twice in one night.

“Yeah, now?” squeaked the little dragon, scrambling to his paws as Ciqala got onto his back. His own takeoff stirred hardly a leaf on the grasses around as he zoomed into the air, getting free of the plants before starting out towards Racksom with as much speed as he could muster.

((if you can't think of anything for Ciqala, ne'er fear, just leave him out- They're on their way to Racksom anyway, and that'll take... Ooh, at least until the next morning, probably lunchtime, when they might just appear at a certain sorcerer's house? We'll need to match up the timings though, otherwise things are going to get more than confusing!))
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 11:13 pm

Armeno had been pleased to see Static drinking, and as she embraced him he thought briefly that she was coming out of her vacant trance. But even though the tears were far from the blankness which had covered her face before, they were a whole new issue. Armeno felt weak after the healing, but he had strength enough to wrap her in his arms; one around her shaking back and the other hand resting on the back of her dark head. His head came down too, his cheek resting on the top of hers, and tree he stayed, feeling the wetness of the tears trickle down his skin and soak into his bandages. He stayed in that same position for a long time, meaning to let Static cry herself out. But after a few minutes he lifted his head and gently stroked her hair.
'Everything's alright, Static... We're both going to be fine. Look, your hair's still dirty. We should get it clean... I'm feeling a bit better now, I can probably get up...' But even though he said the words, there was a large part of him which just wanted to stay in the chair with Static and go to sleep. Maybe he should have somehting else to eat and/or drink before he got up properly...

Ciqala let out a sigh of relief as they sped away to Racksom. The dragon might have left but he still felt safer heading away from it... After a few minutes, he dropped the forcefields and just scanned the sky around them occasionally.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 6:17 pm

Static felt Armeno’s arms wrap around her, but this only fuelled her tears, cascading down her cheeks like little waterfalls. She didn’t quite why it made her cry more, but everything was so muddled up- How could it feel so real when the world had fallen apart on her before? Although it felt much more than a dream.

As he spoke she slowly lifted her head, resting her cheek on his chest and looking up into his eyes. Her eyes were rimmed with red, her cheeks pale all over apart from the speckles where she had been burnt. A few light freckles showed across her nose, where they normally wouldn’t. She took a couple of deep breaths, the tears coming a little slower now as she looked him in the eyes, then shook her head. No, I want to stay here. She gave a gulp, sniffing away more tears. Were they really going to be fine? Was… was this really reality?
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 7:38 pm

Armeno nodded, a little relieved.
'That's okay. We can stay here.' The crying had now slowed to a manageable pace; he took Static's face between his hands and lightly brushed the tears away with his thumbs. They glittered orange with the firelight as they fell through the air, shape distorted from the friction of their flight, and fell onto Armeno's chest with the rest of Static's tears. He found himself studying her eyes, just two or three inches away from his own. They were a subtle blend of colours; he supposed the best category would be hazel, but it didn't really do them justice. They had a base colour of relatively pale brown, which overlapped and merged with rings and portions of green; some vivid, some softer. He could look at her eyes for a long time, but he let his gaze wander across the rest of her face. She had strong features; he could see the lines of her cheekbones, and he gently traced his thumbs along the symmetrical contours of her face. Her hair was falling around her face yet again, and he slowly ran the one lock of it which they had both tucked back between his thumb and forefinger, before he firmly stowed it behind the ear which was pressed against his chest. It stayed there, or at least at that moment, and he smiled. Which brought his attention to her lips. They were a little paler than normal, but still flushed pink with the blood that ran through them underneath the thin skin. It suddenly occured to him how close her lips were to his; how easy it would be to lower his head just that tiny bit and touch his mouth to hers... With his mind slightly askew from the alcohol, it didn't seem like such an off idea. But he was still himself, at least in part, and so he began to stutter out awkward words.
'Static... I know we haven't been travelling together for very long, but... Well, I... I have become... I suppose I feel... Close to you, for how long we've been together. I would just like to ask if you...' He trailed off, ears low and bright red at the tips too, he was sure. That hadn't exactly gone well; he was sure he would have done better to just kiss her or not. Now, he raised his head a fraction, but continued to look down at Static.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 9:05 pm

The breath caught in Static’s throat as Armeno took her face in his hands, butterflies suddenly erupting in her stomach. This had to be real… His grey eyes flicked across her face, freezing her like a statue. She had never seen a grey that could be so warm- No more tears fell as his thumbs traced along her cheekbones, he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, sending shivers up her spine. It seemed the only breaths she could take were the shallowest, and she could feel her heart beating very fast. His ears were low and slowly pinked at the tips as he stuttered, suddenly becoming the elf she had known for the past few days again. Somehow, it just made her love him more, the way how he was so reserved, but determined at the same time.

As he raised his head, drawing slightly away, she suddenly tightened her arms, pulling herself up to meet his lips, kissing him. Her eyes drifted shut as she breathed in his heavenly scent, kissing him until she had to relax her arms and breathe again. She opened her eyes, finally knowing that this was reality, not the dream she thought it might be, that she was here, in his arms. Her lips were slightly parted for a moment, then she spoke a single word, her voice wavering on the word that she hadn't said in years.

“Kassandra.”

Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 10:01 pm

Armeno's eyes slid shut as Static's lips touched his. Some part of his brain dimly registered the fact that her face was dry, bare of tears, but the majority of his kind was focused on Static, holding her head up to his in his arms. Strange, that after more than eighty years he had not found anyone he would want to stay with. And now, in this most unlikely of humans! But he felt nothing but joy, pleasure, delight that she obviously felt the same way as him. Where had their time together gone? Where had it come from? It had been only a few days, yet those days seemed like weeks or months. Perhaps he was wrong, but he felt he held an understanding of Static; at the very least, he knew the part of her which he loved; which, perhaps, was his. One thing he was sure of- part of him was hers, and it would be. Elves tended to be at extremes; flitting from one relationship to another, or, like him, taking so long to find the right person for them. And he had let her in so easily; even from when they had first met, with that fight! And then, just an hour or so ago, he had been thoroughly risking his life for her. As they parted, he breathed in her scent deeply. Behind the soap and lavender smells from the care she had register while here, the metallic tang of blood lurked malevolently. An unpleasant singed smell was also present; but at the bottom of it all was the scent Armeno had wanted to smell. Another tang, in a way, but sharp, bright. Like the power which Static could command, electricity.
And as Static's lips drew apart, Armeno's breath caught, leaving him with silence and Static's smell hanging by him as her whispered word rushed through him like a torrent of warm, cleansing water.
Kassandra. It seemed right, natural for Static's name. His eyes stayed fixed on her, as his mouth repeated the word with no sound. He didn't know why it did fill him such a feeling to know her name, but it somehow let him just trust her that bit further. Like he wouldn't've given his life for her already! He was always the protector, as he frequently found himself thinking. ((translation: sorry for repeating that so many times >.<)) He felt like he wanted to share something too; tell her his true name. But he had no further true name that he knew of, no great secrets which bubbled to his mouth. He just had a place; and he would take her there. But not just now.
'Kassandra...' he murmured, now giving some of his thoughts voice. 'It's perfect.'
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 8:35 pm

Static rested her head back on his chest, his skin slowly warming from the unnatural clamminess that it had held when he had first picked her up. He was still damp, but only from her tears. His lips motioned her name, her real name, and instead of the horror that it used to hold for her, before she had taken on her new name, there was a warm glow inside. Of all the people that she might have told her name to, she would never have thought it would be an elf she had met only three days before (had it really been only three days?), and never in a thousand years would she have thought that she would have told it to someone out of love. Because, she couldn’t deny it, that was what it was. And he seemed to like her name too, bringing a smile to her lips. The one person she had told it to, and he thought it fit.

She slowly unhooked her arms from round his neck, running her hands over his shoulders and onto his chest. Her palms tingled to the touch, making the sensation even stranger. It was a good strange though, not overly unpleasant- her hands hurt a little, but it was a dull throbbing pain, not really connected to the moment, more out of its time. She slipped her fingers under the top of his bandaged chest where Foen had been overzealous with the bandages, curling her hand over so the only way of letting go was for him to physically pull her hand away. The smile saying on her lips, her eyes slid closed slowly, still enjoying how close he was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rogue and El- A Chance encounter
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next