Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

Female Loveliness : 8
Location : In the meadow with the Cherry Blossom and the Willow Tree. ^^

Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn   Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 4:28 am

The man shifted uncomfortably in front of her. He brushed his hand along his arm, looking anywhere but at her. Even when she spoke. He kept his eyes adverted. It was clear all he wanted was to go work on what his normal tasks on the deck were. He wasn't used to being near people, especially given a job that was kind of important. He really didn't want to be right here right now, and he was muttering under his breath in a different language that wasn't common around here. He understood well enough this common tongue though. Just didn't speak it. Or rather, he knew which words to listen to, and which meant what that Amaracuine and Nicolett spoke.

Amaracuine returned a few moments later with his side wrapped up. He looked annoyed, but otherwise a little relieved. The white bandages would make it harder for him to stealth, but so would the rising sun anyways. "Away," he growled when he returned, and the man nodded his head and rushed away. Amaracuine smirked. "Have fun with him?" he asked happily. He had gotten a kick out of that. Of course, then again, he was acting out of character and was starting to feel bad about it.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

Female Loveliness : 2

PostSubject: Re: Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn   Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 5:11 pm

"I could have," Arcania said, her voice almost a silken purr. She really was enjoying herself, it was always fun for her to test her wits against people, and with the exception of the crew, there were some fun people to tangle with. "I think I made him uncomfortable though," she added, a smile flickering on her face. That was not anything new to her, weak males always were uncomfortable around her. She was just too domineering for them generally. Of course, there were always those who tried to pretend they could handle her. Those always made her laugh.

"Obviously you and the captain run things with an iron fist," she concluded, looking around the ship. It ran like a well oiled machine, though perhaps a well beaten one would be more accurate. "That is good. Your crew may hate you in the end but at least they respect you." Respect was important to her, it meant people were doing their jobs properly, when others respected them. Whatever the cause of that respect would be.

Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn   Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 3:06 am

Amaracuine was about to reply when from above them, in the crow's nest, a bell started to ring. The sound was pure and simple, and echoed around the ship softly. The shade-runner froze and stood up straight, his arms tucked to his stomach as his ears perked up. "Oh," he said wickedly, "this will be fun!" Then from above them a man's head appeared over the nest. "SHIP HOO!" he called down to the rest of them. The boat made a sharp turn, and they were heading straight for this other ship. "What kind 'o ship?" Amaracuine called back up to the man. "It be a transport ship, sir!" was the response. Amaracuine smiled darkly. "Time to test ye stomach," he remarked to the girl.

Nicolett had rolled the wheel to the side and headed straight up behind this other ship. The bell had rung three times, then it was silent, like the rest of the ship. The crew scattered to the lower decks, looking to set up the cannons and prepare to board the ship. Or rather in this case, be boarded themselves. Looked like the sharks were already starting to travel towards the would be scene of the up coming raid.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn   Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 3:30 am

Arcania looked up at the crow's nest interestedly, quickly figuring out what the bell was for even as the man called down. Well, she thought, this ought to be interesting. If nothing else it would serve as an excellent gauge for how well the ship worked. The woman grinned at the first mate but said nothing. Her stomach was quite fine, and she knew it. Here, perhaps, was her own chance to prove herself. Though not really, for she could not fight while tied to the mast of the ship.

Of course, she could always call out for help, but something held her back from doing it. Her pride for one thing, but she honestly wanted to be there, a strange thing for her. She had to wonder what the plan was, for it did not seem like the crew was getting ready to board the ship. Shifting her weight slightly, Arcania waited patiently to see what would happen.

Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn   Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 7:48 pm

Nicolett sighed to herself as she looked at the ship. She watched her crew scatter underground and a thought came to her. "First mate, untie thy beauty den off 'o thy shadows with ye," she ordered. "Leave 'er 'bove thy decks. She be the bait me need." With that, Nicolett's eyes started to glow into the yellow cat eyes that seemed almost on fire. She was getting excited about this hunt. Perhaps they might even be a challenge for her. Now that would be wonderful. She kept at the wheel, but in the darkness she knew her make would be hard to see. That was until the other ship got smart. Of course, they'd be busy first with the questioning of this prisoner. This was a test, and an easy one at that. Stall the other ship, make them board, and don't let them know that we're pirates. That was all Arcania had to do. However, neither Nicolett, nor Amaraciune was about to explain the rules of this game.

Amaracuine wasn't about to go against his captain's orders either. And they didn't have time for questions. "Aye aye," he called back to Nicolett. He kicked the lock of the chains, which broke open and the chains would then slack before falling to the ground of the ship. He didn't pause to explain anything, or even see what the girl would do. He simply turned to the shadows and melded in. Actually, if you looked close enough, the bandages around his side were still kind of visible, as well as the white jolly-roger on his bandanna around his ear. Though, he did do a pretty good job of blending in, non the less.

The ship slowed as they pulled up close to the trade ship. It was eerily quiet, and then a light from the trade ship scanned the surface of the deck on the Nicolett's. "Hello there?" a man on the other ship called out. The light would hit anyone standing on the deck. If Arcania had stood still, not run away, the light would fall on her. If not, it would continue to search the deck before it would fall on Nicolett at the wheel. Either way, Nicolett was getting ready.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn   Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 9:11 pm

Arcania almost fell to the deck of the ship when the chains released her, not having realized how stiff she had gotten in the short time she had been standing there. After straightening out her clothes the woman examined the incoming ship and came to a quick decision about which game to play. Time to see if she could actually pull it off. It was one of the harder ones for her, due to her confident and proud nature, but that would make it all the more rewarding should she be able to do it.

Taking a quick moment to again mess with her clothes, pulling and tying them in different places to make them seem more revealing, she stood with a hand on one hip, her weight to one side, as the other ship approached. You can do this, she told herself as the light fell on her and a voice called out. "Well hello," she called back, letting a playful and slightly inviting fire glimmer in her eyes, dropping her voice to a barely audible level, letting the words roll off her tongue sensuously as she continued to speak. "I just came up for some fresh air. What are you boys doing out here?"

Obviously she was not going to get any backup in this game of hers, which was how she preferred it. Arcania could talk her own way out of things. It was more difficult when there was more than one person to cover for. Especially if that person seemed to be dead set on getting them all caught. Clearly that was not going to be the case in this situation, so as long as she could continue to play the game properly and things went well she figured she would be all right.

Lifting one hand to shield her eyes from the light she made a quiet disgruntled sound, shifting her weight to her other foot as gracefully as possible. "Oh come now, are you going to make me talk across the ship?" she asked with what she hoped was a playful pout. Trying to be inviting was so darn hard! Especially since she was used to direct attacks, or pandering to someone's pride, not their emotions.

Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn   Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 10:54 pm

Nicolett had to cover her mouth to keep from laughing. Not exactly the idea she had in mind when she left this to Arcania. Still, this was so amusing to watch. Her eyes drifted from the girl she'd left in charge of this distraction to the other ship. The man who stood on it, and the other two men flanking him. The light came from there crow's nest. And no one seemed to notice the jolly-roger flag on the very top of the mast. This was actually going a lot better than Nicolett would have thought. Maybe this girl would make a good pirate after all. Interesting.

The man, a younger captain who looked like he was about 28 to maybe only 30, shifted uncomfortably. He was watching the girl with a lot of, admiration. His eyes scanned her body and he was silent for a moment. Not one of the other men, who were almost drooling thought about checking who was steering Nicolett's ship. The man turned from Arcania for a moment. "Drop the anchor," he called to his men. There was a scrambling, and then the sound of the creaking metal falling into the water. Nicolett did the same, only her ship was better taken care of, there wasn't even a sound as both ships stood completely still in the open water. They both rocked slightly in the waves. "Boarding planks at the ready," the man called. Soon, the two ships were connected by the wooden bridge, with a twist, rails on it.

"Alright, we're coming over," he called to her. With that, the man headed over, followed by the two who had been by his side. "Are you alone?" he asked. He looked around uneasily. The other two men's eyes never left Arcania.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn   Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 11:15 pm

Arcania lowered the hand she had been holding up, letting a brief smile flicker across her face. Success. Males are so easy to toy with, she thought as they boarded the ship. Still, the game was not over yet. No, they had merely fallen for the opening play. There was more to come, and she had to keep acting, had to keep her ruse going long enough. "Well now that you are here I am not," she replied, now struggling to keep her voice a silky murmur. It was difficult, for she had no practice with it really, and was surprised that she had not lost it yet. Come on, you can do this, she thought to herself, hoping someone would jump in soon.

"The others are asleep," she added softly, more in her normal speaking tone than she would have liked. It was not cold or harsh, but it was less inviting that she had been speaking previously. Well, no one was perfect. She focused on the shifty one, pleased that he was slightly less taken by her. Of course, she did somewhat enjoy being gawked at, but it was nice that this one had enough presence of mind to still be wary. He was obviously a smart one. "You must be in charge," she guessed. "You seem a little tense."

Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn   Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 11:26 pm

The man shifted again. "Yeah, it's my father's ship. He got sick and asked me to look after the cargo. This shipment can't be late or else he gets fired. I couldn't let that happen, so I volunteered. After all, he has to look after ma and my sisters." He shrugged slightly and he kept looking around. Nicolett didn't like this. He was getting suspicious. One reason she made the men go down the deck was so they didn't listen to the sad stories that always seemed to come. That's why this was a test for Arcania. Would she still play the game knowing the price it caused? Time to find out. "No, I'm fine," he assured her. He offered a soft smile. "So what brings you onto the open sea?" he asked. The two men were whispering to each other. "You think the captain will let us keep her? You think she'd let us keep her?" They went on and on with there stupid comments.

The man looked about ready to send them back. "This is your ship?" he asked. The quiet still made him uncomfortable, even if she'd explained everyone else was sleeping. A less bright light was on the group, however, the bright one was before was exploring the deck. Amaracuine shifted more into the shadows, and when the light passed over his hiding spot, he managed to keep out of it. IT went to explore where the steering wheel of the ship was, and Nicolett kept out of sight as well, though her methods were a little more... demonic. Soon the light started to explore the sails. It wouldn't be long before they came across the jolly-roger.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn   Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 11:58 pm

"You sound tense too," Arcania said upon hearing his story, not fazed by it in the least. She cared little what troubles other people had. All the better to control them with. "Come on," she added, holding her hands out to him. "You should have some fun." Play the game, play the game, play the game, she repeated to herself. She knew she had to be close. How much longer could they want her to play them? After all, there was no way she could stop them from scanning the ship, so they were about to be discovered anyway.

"I wish it was," she replied, the first truthful thing she had said to him. "No, I am just one of the scullery maids. I find it is easier to get my work done at night when there is no one to get in the way." I wonder if I could keep this one, she thought, intrigued by the man. She glanced over at the pair who were whispering, only able to make out snatches of their conversation. It disgusted her really, though she was careful not to show it. Her fingers itched to drive a knife into their chests for saying whatever it was they were about her. Not much longer, she reminded herself, looking back at the captain.

Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn   Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 12:40 am

The man seemed shocked by Arcania's offer. The other two blundering idiots behind him shut up and looked at each other with jealousy. The man looked from Arcania's hand back to her, then shifted his weight slightly. He took her hand shakily, then looked up at her, into her eyes. "You sure it'll be ok with your captain. Should you wake him? Maybe let him know he has company on board?" The man wasn't going to let that stop him, the offer was a little more than he could refuse. Actually, he was intrigued by Arcania. The other two men were whispering more quietly and quickly. No one noticed the sudden rush of air that brushed past them.

From the crows nest of the other ship there came a soft sound of something hitting the ground. The light went out that had been searching the ship. The other still stayed on the group. Now it was time. That light too went out suddenly. The two men who had been about to draw daggers on the captain, and then try to 'convince' Arcania to come with them, stopped and turned around. "What the hell?" one of them asked. Nicolett dropped down onto the bridge that connected the two ships and stood there. "Why wake me?" she asked seductively. "I be right here me hartys." She let out a soft bell like laugh that made the two men's skin crawl. The other man turned his head to look at Nicolett and his skin turned cold. "Oh god no," he said softly.

Nicolett was illuminated in the moon light as a stray ray drifted from the clouds. Her appearance completely different than before. Her eyes were on fire, her hair looked more like feathers than the long midnight black locks. A crescent moon glowed from her forehead, and her hands looked like crow talons. Two feathered wings were on her back, black as the night, and on each side were two demonic pincer like things. "What be thy matter ye gentlemen? Not 'fraid of gentlemen o' fortune be ye?" She smiled a razor sharp smile.

"Pirates," the man with Arcania breathed in disbelief. "But why god did it have to be hers?"

Last edited by Tegan on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn   Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 1:22 am

Arcania grinned as he took her hand, pleased that she had been able to pull the game off. Granted he was not completely trusting of her, and looked as if he might bolt at any moment, but he had fallen for the bait. Poor thing. Too bad he might be about to die because of it. "Oh, I am sure she will not mind," Arcania replied, a pleased glimmer in her eyes as the light went out. They wanted to see if I could do it, she realized, not releasing the man though if he tried to pull away from her there would be little she could do to stop him.

Hearing the woman's voice behind her Arcania's smile turned feral. "Besides, she is right here. Ask her yourself." She looked back over her shoulder and her eyes widened sharply, surprised at the sudden change in Nicolett's appearance though she quickly hid it. Oh yes, she would be a powerful ally indeed. The effect the captain had on the men was instantaneous and effective, practically turning them into simpering children in Arcania's eyes. "I would apologize for tricking you boys but I am afraid ye made it too easy for me," she commented, turning back to them. "Ye were wise to be suspicious. These two... seem a bit useless to me," Arcania said, her voice cold at the end as she glared at the two men with the captain. "But you... you could be worth something." Of course, she doubted that Nicolett was going to let her keep him, and she was not about to ask. She did not have that kind of power yet and she knew it. Still, she was reluctant to let him go. Steeling herself Arcania asked, "So what do you want me to do with them?"

Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn   Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 6:24 am

(( WARNING: Post contains gore and such. Viewer discretion is advised. ))

Nicolett's smile was still charming if not for the fact of it being completely threatening. She was majorly enjoying this, so why not let Arcania have fun too? "Do what you want to him. The rest of his crew is asleep below the deck, Amaracuine is already on that, so you can have the captain, I'll take care of the pigs." Nicolett jumped into the air, floating about a foot off the ground. She glided forwards towards the two men. One pulled his dagger and threw it at her with all his might. Of course, she caught it mid air, a few inches from her face. "That could have been dangerous," she practically purred with amusement. The other man had started to bolt away, but one of the pincers shot out and caught him through the stomach, picking him up off the ground she held him there,his blood dripping off the end of the pincer. "Now now, too manly to fight?" She was quick to toss him into the water and turn on the second man. "Your turn." Her tactics were the same, if not more gruesome as she preferred to play with this one.

The man had been watching all this with wide eyes and he finally turned away when she finished with the first man. "Please," he said looking to Arcania, "Help me. You're better than her, I can see that in your eyes." He was desperate, and truthfully he really didn't want to die, and he really rather liked this girl. "At least be the one to kill me," he said, his eyes full of fear. "Don't let me end up like them, and burn me with the ship, don't give me to the sea." For a first time captain, he actually knew a lot about what pirates did. They raided ships, tossed everyone to the sea, then burned down the ship. Though, Nicolett's favorite pass time was to make the captains watch there ships go down tied to the mast of her ship thirty feet in the air, so they didn't miss a thing, then finally dropping them into the sea alive to get eaten. "Please?" he asked.

Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn   Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 2:47 pm

"As you wish," Arcania replied, watching silently while Nicolett dealt with the other two. Had Arcania done it the deed would have been far messier. She despised men like that, and would have dealt with them accordingly. Still, the captain was doing a good job with them, Arcania had to admit that. Turning her attention back to the man before her she drew his own dagger and held it to his throat. He had impressed her, and so would die a quick death. Unless...

It was not a hesitation that stopped her, but a reluctance. She had won this man fair and square in her mind, and who better to be a loyal servant than one whose life you have saved? But still, she doubted that Nicolett would let her keep him. "Ye would end up in the depths anyway," Arcania replied quietly, not swayed by his begging. "No matter what happens. But at least you will die an honorable death. That much I can give you."

Raising her voice she said, "I do not suppose you would let me keep him as a slave? He seems like he could be quite useful, and I could keep an eye on him. But should it not suit your fancy I can just kill him here." The last was said rather nonchalantly, with a small shrug. In truth Arcania did not really care either way, but she did want this male as a pet, for somehow he had intrigued her.

Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn   Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 5:56 pm

Nicolett sighed when she finally tossed the second pig into the water. The water stained red and the sharks having a frenzy as they fought for scraps. She let her body revert back to it's human appearance, the wings and pincers dissolving away like in the wind. The last thing to vanish being the feathers into her hair and the crescent moon fading back into her skin. She put her hand on her hip, which actually was lacking the three swords that were normally there. She mauled over Arcania's offer. "Me dun suppose ye dun have de stomach te kill they gentlemen?" she asked curiously. Amaracuine appeared behind her and handed her the swords back. She clipped them onto her waist and resumed her position. "Me suppose if ye can prove dat ye have de stomach 'o kill 'im, den ye can keep 'im," she said shrugging. "Ye be responsible for 'im. No one who sees me as I be normally lives 'o tell tee tale," she warned darkly. Her eyes were still fire.

The man swallowed hard as his eyes went between the captain, the first mate, and then back to the girl who held his hand. He knew she was right, he was going to die, no matter what. Death was coming, and he felt his skin already turning cold as if Davy Jones already had him in his embrace. His pleading eyes stayed on Arcania. Would she really try to protect him? Or was she luring him into a false sense of security just so when she did kill him he wouldn't see it coming. The sea's air finally started to blow and the ship rocked slightly. Honestly, he almost nearly fell over, not having expected the rocking. He kept his balance however, fairly clumsily as he waited. His heart skipped a beat when Nicolett finally gave her orders. What did she mean by that? She obviously wasn't going to say. Did that mean that he would be brought to near death then nursed back to health? Or was it a command to chop off a hand or a finger? Either option didn't sound all that appealing to him.

Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn   Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 12:29 am

Arcania smiled wolfishly, clutching the dagger in her free hand. Oh yes, this woman was a worthy adversary. Once in a blue moon did one find someone like this pirate captain, demon or not. In fact, that only made it even more fun. "You sound as though you are threatening me, for I saw you too," Arcania commented. "But I feel like you are testing me. It is a game I play often, and one I can recognize easily. We are very much alike, and I respect that." She turned back to the man, laying the dagger against his throat and drawing it lightly across, leaving a few shallow cuts in its wake.

"I could easily cut his throat," she continued tonelessly, wiping the blade on her own shirt. "But you see, I can see the worth in him. He would make an interesting slave. They are especially loyal when one saves them from death. Men are like that for some reason. But there will be other pets in other places, this one was simply a convenience. Pity..." With that she rammed the blade into his shoulder, a mirthless smile on her face. "Now, there are two ways this can go," she continued, as though nothing had happened. "When I pull this out, he will bleed like a leaky faucet. If nothing is done to help him, his last breath will be quick to come. Or, I can bandage him up and perhaps, if he has the will for it, he will live. It is your choice... Captain." Arcania glanced over at the woman curiously. "If I may be so bold as to call you that."
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn   Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 12:44 am

Nicolett watched curiously, her smile still on her face. Though it was more a twisted wicked smile as she watched the girl with the mouse she'd caught. Interesting her... almost affection to the male. It was hardly that, seeing as not one word the man said seemed to save him anymore in Arcania's eyes. She would make a great pirate, but of course, Nicolett wouldn't be known to give praise. The girl was right, it was a test, but the threat was clear. A warning if the girl tried to escape with her pet. They would be hunted down and killed before a breath of what they'd seen could be expelled from their mouths. Amaracuine was growing bored with this, as he looked between the humans. He had to smile when the dagger was shoved into the man's shoulder though. "Me beauty," Nicolett spoke after a moment, "thy can keep your pet. Just make sure to clean up after it."

The man who had been watching the two of them was looking at Arcania with less and less hope in his eyes. He shivered as the cold steel of the dagger drew across his neck and he felt his blood drip down his skin. He swallowed hard and pressed his lips fearfully. He almost relaxed when the blade was pulled away, that was, until he saw it's speed heading back towards him. He shrieked in pain as the blade lodged into his shoulder and blood dripped from the wound. Now what? The girl was right, this was either his end, or a beginning of a new life. His arm was throbbing with new pain in each wave, and he felt like any moment he might pass out. He was getting dizzy from the pain, and it seemed like there could only be one end to this. Then... had he heard that right?

Nicolett turned back to Amaracuine. "You know what to do," she said simply before heading back up to the wheel of the ship boredly. Amaracuine merely nodded. "ALL RIGHT YE LAZY SEA DOGS! TAKE IT ALL!" the shade runner yelled. Suddenly the doors to below deck burst open as the pirates from the ship rushed out to collect the treasures the other ship offered. "Kill anyone who still be livin'," Amaracuine added as he headed back t Nicolett's side.

Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn   Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 1:36 am

Arcania watched the crew swarm the ship for a moment, letting the man suffer for a moment more. "I suppose I should help you," she said finally, turning her attention back to him. "Men are so much trouble," she commented, tearing a strip of cloth from his shirt and tying it loosely around his neck and then tearing several larger strips and a big section to use as a bandage for his shoulder. Once that was accomplished she gripped the hilt of the knife with a steady hand, pausing for a moment. "I cannot guarantee you will survive," she said calmly. "You will have to want to." With that she pulled the blade out cleanly, wiping it off and tucking it into her belt before bandaging him up.

She wondered what kind of will he had, whether it would break under the strain of living on this ship, of having to obey. It certainly was not for everyone, but perhaps he would be able to survive. Certainly she was not going to baby him. Pitying people was not something that she did. "Play by her rules, and mine, and perhaps one day we can walk away. But it will not be any day soon, my pet." Arcania patted him on the head before she stood, watching the pirates destroy the other ship, letting the wind catch her hair. "Besides, I think this life could suit me rather well," she commented, smiling dryly.

Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn   Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 1:52 am

The man was gritting his teeth in pain as he he nodded his head in response to Arcania. A part of him wanted to resent her for what she was putting him through, but at the same time, he knew he owed her for letting him live. If she hadn't of taken an interest in him, he knew he'd be dead by now. Little did he know the events of her even being on this ship. How could he realize how lucky he'd been Nicolett even ran into Arcania. He cried out when the blade slipped out of his skin, but wouldn't anyone? "Alright," he said panting hard in response to her saying he had to want to survive. He honestly wasn't sure he wanted to though. Wouldn't it be better to die than to live as a slave to pirates? He guessed he'd just have to figure that out. For now though, he'd fight to keep himself alive. His voice was a little weak and husky but he nodded his head. "I will do what is asked," he said, adding in his head, 'for now.'

"Ye really gonna let 'em both live cap'n?" Amaracuine asked. Nicolett was watching the two of them while the dragon was rising the anchor. The other ship was cleaned out, all the men putting the supplies below deck, and two others kicking the boarding plank of the other ship away. Nicolett leaped walked to the rain in front of the wheel and climbing onto it, leaped off of it, catching a rope a good 20 feet into the air. She swung on it to the fore and climbed a few more feet up it before grabbing another and swinging back to the rail. In response the sails raised and caught the wind. She tied the rope down and turned back to Amaracuine as she took her position by the wheel. The smooth wood a delight in her hands. "For now," she replied softly. "We'll see how this goes," she added. "Give them the command now." Amaracuine nodded and did as was asked. "BURN TEE SHIP 'O TEE SEA!" he called out. The crew tossed the balls lite on fire at the ship and it ignited the gas poured throughout the ship. It caught immediately as Nicolett steered The Burnin' Seas away from the burning mess of that boy's father's ship.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn   Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 2:48 am

"Aw, I am sorry pet," Arcania cooed at his cry, realizing that she was having way too much fun with this and not really caring. She smiled when he agreed to do her bidding, though she had to wonder if he truly meant it. Would he run the moment he got an opportunity? Arcania would not doubt it if he did, but she hoped he would not because there would be no way for her to save him. But that would be his choice, which she could respect. Not exactly the way I expected things to go down, she thought, but I suppose they turned out well in the end.

Light flickering in the corner of her eye caught her attention, and she turned to see the ship going up in flames. The fire reflected in her eyes, making them glow faintly as though she were in her hawk form. "Well, looks like we both have nowhere to go," she commented. "So we might as well make the best of things. Oh, and I should warn you, I really do not have any problem with killing you, so I suggest you tread wisely. And if you should be tempted to kill me, do it right the first time, and do not give me a chance to lash out, because I can and will take you with me if at all possible. Other than that we should get along quite well." The threat was obvious, but she left it up to him to decide what to do. "Now, stay here, I will be right back."

With that the woman turned and headed towards Nicolett, stopping a respectful distance away. "Your crew is very well organized," she commented. "Where did you find them all?"

Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn   Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 4:22 am

The man was unnerved by the way the girl talked to him. Actually, he still wasn't sure what her name was, but he didn't dare ask anything of her. He knew better than that. No, he'd remain silent unless directly spoken to from now on. That seemed like the safest way to play after all. He supposed this girl was right, there really was no where to go. There went his father's life, burning to the ground, and along with it, the rest of his families. Pain welled inside of him as he thought of his family being thrown from there home out onto the streets. His babysitters having to fend for themselves. What would they turn to? He sighed quietly. He couldn't on that, it would only drive him insane. "Yes ma'am," he replied softly to her order to stay put. He waited till her back was turned, then dropped to his knees on the deck. The pain in his arm still present, and all he wanted right now was sleep. Still, he couldn't yet.

Nicolett had just explained to Amaraciune about where they were headed now. To the island that every pirate knew of, and no non pirate ever wanted to set foot. She looked over at Arcania's approach curiously. She noticed with obvious pleasure how the girl showed respect to her now. It had taken long enough. However, her question surprised Nicolett somewhat. "Me sprogs?" she asked amused. "Thy not be all dat organized. No, thy be more afraid. Mess up a order 'o me and thy be in de sea 'fore thy have time 'o blink," she explained with a soft laugh. "Actually, if ye be lookin' 'o see where thy come frum. We be on our way der now," she added with a glint of amused wickedness in her eyes. Yes, her home. This island for pirates, where, to tell the truth, Nicolett almost ruled it. No one dared opposed her, but they were pirates, they had no need for a ruler after all.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn   Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 2:56 am

Arcania half glanced back at the man interestedly. All too often the stronger ones broke down swiftly and completely, losing their sanity to whatever meadows it decided to frolic in. She was curious to see if this man was going to be one of those people, or if he would simply bend to her will without complaint. Only time would tell, if he did not end up dead of course. That was always a concern. But at least he showed her the proper respect. That was excellent considering all that had just happened. He needed real medical attention, not to mention food and rest she was sure, but he was just going to have to wait a minute.

Turning her attention back to the captain as she spoke Arcania nodded in agreement. "Fear is an excellent motivator," she said, actually respecting the woman in some small way. It was more her attitude than the woman herself, for if she was to change Arcania would no longer respect her. There was a fine line to walk, but Nicolett was managing it without even realizing. "I look forward to seeing it then," she added, shifting her weight as the boat rocked so that she would not get thrown off balance. "About how long will it take to get there? I think my pet needs some rest."

Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn   Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 11:05 pm

Nicolett smirked. It was a great motivator wasn't it. How interesting that the girl thought the same way as she. She looked out into the open waters as if looking for a land mark or something. However, in the open waves the only land mark was the burning remains of the ship out in the distance. "To be honest," the captain said with a smirk. "We be thar in but a few hours. Ye both be havin' time te rest." It was true. Though most people wouldn't understand how, Nicolett had an uncanny ability to always know her way to the Pirate's island. Although, Arcania might have an idea as to how she managed to know by now. Still, there was always the chance the girl might not know. Not like she was going to ask. "Listen up ye lazy sea rats, be off te bed with tee lot o' ye. Rest 'fore we make land in the cove." With that said the men started to head to there bunks. Nicolett returned her attention back to Arcania. "Find anywhere down thar and that be were ye stay."

-Couple hours later-

Amaracuine rang the bell with his tails as the island of the pirates came into sight. With the appearance of the Flaming Seas on the open water, everything seemed to get a little quieter already. It was funny what was about to happen when Nicolett actually entered the place. Everyone knew of her there. It was like she reined there with an iron fist. Not like she had to try. The humans just were naturally frightened of her as a captain, and also as a comrade pirate. The men sleepily started to climb back onto the deck as the sun started to raise over the horizon making the ship look like it truly was on fire to any on lookers from the beach. Other ships were tied up and anchored around the sand. And soon, this one would be the one everyone was watching with curious suspicion.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn   Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 7:38 pm

Arcania nodded slightly, both in agreement and in thanks. Turning away from the captain, listening carefully just in case the woman got any ideas about attacking her. She did not think that was likely, she seemed to be accepted at the moment, but there was always the chance that Nicolett was lying or hiding her true motives. Goodness only knew that Arcania did that enough to know others could. Some people were completely blind to the fact, and they were the ones Arcania so looked down upon.

"Come with me," she said, tapping the kneeling man on the shoulder. "Let us find a place for you." She followed the crew below the deck without waiting to see if he would join her, searching for a place to stay. It took a little while but she finally found two bunks across from one another, one on top and the other on the bottom. Knowing that the man probably would not want to haul himself up onto the top bunk with his damaged shoulder she chose that one, leaping up nimbly and settling down. Although she did not really need sleep Arcania closed her eyes anyway, knowing that she would probably wish she had if she did not.

~~~~~

Waking to a ringing bell Arcania waited for a moment before jumping down from her bunk and heading up onto the deck. Bright morning sunlight greeted her and she turned her face away from it until her eyes could adjust. As she did so the island came into view and she focused on it, studying it interestedly. Well, I suppose this will be a test as well, she thought, glancing at Nicolett. And it was one that she was determined to pass.

Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn   Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 6:52 pm

To the sound of the bell the man sighed. No one had even asked his name yet, but he supposed no one would either. Oh well. He's slept for a little bit, and honestly had been laying her for the last few minutes with his eyes open looking at the deck below the bed. Still, he really didn't much want to move when the bell started to ring. His shoulder was killing him, literally. Yet, he knew what he wanted. He wanted to survive. He truly didn't want to die, especially if the girl had spoken the truth and they really would be let free one day. The stories of old always had said, those who have the misfortune of running into the Burning Seas never made it home. All that was found was floating bodies in the water, or just pieces of them. His chances of making it home, were slim to none. Still, he had the will to survive. Still, when his savior jumped out of her bed, he knew it was probably best to follow her, and so he did.

Nicolett was busy as she rushed around the ship, Amaracuine had the wheel as the ship's sails were slowly being pulled back and put down so the wind didn't catch the ship and send it flying into another or against the shore. Nicolett worked on this by jumping up and grabbing ropes that a normal human would have a hard time gripping, and pulling them down to tie them down. The sails would roll up neatly, and Amaracuine would gently glide the ship to a place in the water that was close to the shore without being too close to any other ship. Once they were in a good position, Nicolett gracefully moved over to the anchor and dropped it into the water. This ship stood still, rocking in the breaking waves slightly. With that, Nicolett turned back to the sprogs who had gathered on the deck. She headed back to the wheel of her ship and jumped up onto the rail in front of it.

"Alright ye lazy sea rats, ye be in charge of me ship while I be gone. Be thar any trouble and me'll keelhaul ye lot 'o ye," she said darkly. Her eyes burned like the sun and she had her back facing the sun. From this position a dark blackish blue aura surrounded her. She was used to this, but it made her smile to see how her crew shivered in fear when she did this. It was of course on purpose. It wasn't like she didn't know the sun did this to her. So, she looked out over her sprog picking who should come with her. "Ye two," she said pointing to Arcania and then the male who was standing just behind her. She looked over the rest and pick two others of her more new crew members. "Time te head out," she added. Nicolett headed over to the life boat by the side of the ship and motioned for her crew to get in. "Ready te head out?" she asked with a smirk on her face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn   Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spirit and Tegan: Playing popcorn
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next