Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

{Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

Female Loveliness : 2

{Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 4:05 pm

Dawn glanced over at him interestedly but made no comment, respecting his privacy when she noticed the nervousness with which he finished speaking. If he wants to elaborate he will she decided, though she did say, "The capital aye? Well that is interesting. I have never been there myself, and I expect it would be far too crowded for my liking."

She chuckled quietly, once again glancing up at Taya to make sure she was still there only to discover that her dragon was sound asleep. "I have heard many bad things about those specialty brews but never having tried one myself I cannot comment." Dawn fell into a pensive silence for a moment and then quietly added, "You know, I am not going to pry into your personal life, that is not like me. You do not have to worry about saying too much around me, I will neither inquire about what I hear nor repeat it to anyone else."

She did not really know why she was telling him this, but she wanted to settle his mind because he was clearly bothered about what he had said about the capital. While Dawn wondered what that hesitation was she refused to ask about it.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 5:31 pm

“Humph, I’m not worried about it being repeated.” He snorted, shaking his head. He had no fear about his private life getting out, since he had nothing to hide. He just didn’t know if he could bear to say.

“Yeah, I lived there for about fourteen years. It’s a nice place, all things considered.” He said, deciding that it was too much effort to avoid speaking about it. He grabbed another fistful of samples and shoved a few in his pocket again, before nibbling on one of the little rolls. As he ate, he almost felt that he /wanted/ someone to ask – it would give him less to worry about in the long run, really, but he wasn’t going to erupt information all on his own.

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the market, Measle had found a friend. The person in question was a child – maybe five or six years old, who seemed fascinated with him. He sat patiently while the child played with his ears and tried to climb on his back, lying down so he was no taller than a large dog, and hoped silently that its mother would turn up soon. He didn’t get on that well with children, and this was really testing his patience.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 5:40 pm

"Some people do not like being talked about," Dawn replied quietly with a slight shrug. She noticed he said nothing about her inquiring, and decided to dare one small question. "And by all things considered you mean what?" she asked, slightly nervously. This was not something she did often, this asking people questions about themselves, but she decided to try to be bold for once. After all, that was the whole point of being out with Taya.

"You know, much as I think I would hate it perhaps one day I will go to the capital," she said, though she barely meant it at all. Sounds like too big of a place for me, she decided, picking up a few more samples. Dawn was not really all that hungry, but she wanted something to do besides wandering around and that seemed like the best thing.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 10:11 pm

“Well, it’s a big city. There’s a lot of… sleaze, and some people find that off-putting. But if you stick to the richer parts near the castle, it’s a really nice place, if you can put up with the locals.” He said. It was true – the city /had/ been a nice place – he had spent many a weekend there with his father.

Ouch. That memory stung. It was those days out with his father that he missed the most. He itched to look at the message again, but it wouldn’t help. He knew it wouldn’t.

Just as he was reaching out to grab a slice of spiced pork, he heard a shout from across the market. He couldn’t hear what had been said, but there was quite a commotion going on a little way away.

“Let’s go and check it out.” He said, dashing off between the stalls. He heard another shout, but he still couldn’t make out the exact words over the general noise of the market. However, as he ran, an orange glow appeared behind a row of stalls. Either someone was selling an awful lot of orange fabric, or…
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 12:31 am

"It would bother me," Dawn agreed quietly, leaving it at that. She had no real cause to go to the city anyway, so what was the point? She too was just reaching out for some more food when the shouts went up and she gasped, not sure where they were coming from. Seeing Jackdaww race off she chased after him, determined not to get left behind. That was easier said than done in the crowded market. Spotting a strange orange glow ahead her pace slowed slightly before she pressed on, struggling to keep up now.

The cries and light also woke Taya who leaped up quickly, causing tiles to fall from the roof and shatter on the ground below. Leaping from rooftop to rooftop she was easily able to keep up, though she did not dare rush ahead for fear of losing track of Dawn in the crowd. "I leave her alone for an instant..." she grumbled, trying not to completely destroy the roofs with her claws.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 10:46 pm

“As he passed the last row of stalls, the full extent of the devastation came into view. A supply cart was overturned, and was burning brilliant orange. The stalls nearby were catching fire too, and in such cramped conditions the whole place would go up in flames soon enough.

“What happened?” Jackdaww shouted to someone nearby, over the roaring of the crowd and the flames. The man, who looked seriously distressed, shouted back.

“We don’t know. The cart was just moving along, and something sparked. The whole thing fell over, and started to burn. We have to put it out!” he shouted hysterically, flapping a scrap of fabric at the fire in the hope that the flames would just go away.

“That we do. Pass me some of that, will you?” he asked, grabbing another piece of fabric that had come from the top of one of the stalls. He wasn’t watching where anyone else was – instead, he was just fanning at the flames with the scrap of emerald fabric, wondering why it wouldn’t go out. He wasn’t exactly the brightest...
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 1:56 am

Dawn skidded to a halt when she spotted the fire, her eyes widening in shock. This was the last thing she had expected, and so her mind froze for a moment before kicking into gear again, wasting precious seconds. She began to herd children and gawkers off, trying to make a space so that those who were actually fighting the fire had room to. Besides, children would only get hurt if they got too close, and she knew how clumsy children could be.

How could something have just sparked, she wondered, turning back to the fire. It was growing rapidly, which was a problem. If they could not stop it soon the whole city could be consumed. Then she realized what Jackdaww and the man were doing. Lunging forward she grabbed Jackdaww's arm in an attempt to make him stop. "Both of you quit that!" she shouted. "You are only making it worse! Either get some water and throw that on it or actually hit the flames with the cloth. All you are doing now is fanning the flames and giving them more fuel!"

She looked around in desperation and spotted Taya above, her tail lashing from side to side anxiously. "Dawn get out of there!" the dragon called down, unable to reach them because of the crowd. If she tried to jump down she would only hurt someone.
"Not until the flames are out," Dawn called back. "Now go see if you can find some water." Taya growled, mentally cursing her rider for being so stubborn about helping people, and spread her wings, flying off over the city in search of help. Meanwhile Dawn grabbed a cloth and began to beat at the flames, trying desperately to put them out.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 11:24 am

“Oh yeah, water! There’s a well a few streets down! Someone run to fetch a bucket! Hurry!” Jackdaww shouted, realising that they had been rather foolish. A couple of men at the other side of the fire shouted back, but he couldn’t hear them. However, they ran off a few moments later, so Jackdaww presumed they were going to get the water.

Calming down a little with the knowledge that someone was about to help out with the water, Jackdaww noticed Dawn nearby. “What are you doing?” he asked, almost frightened. “This could be dangerous! You should get yourself out of danger.”

Then, when he spotted Taya flying off, he realised that he still didn’t know where Measle was. Measle wasn’t scared of fire in the slightest, and it was almost akin with the lightning energy inside him, but Jackdaww was still worried. He needn’t have been, or course, since Measle was in far less danger than Jackdaww himself, but that didn’t change Jackdaww’s mind.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 4:06 pm

Dawn vaguely heard Jackdaww shout, and was relieved that people were finally getting organized. Perhaps they would be able to put the fire out quickly before it caught the nearby shops on fire. Once the buildings went up in flames it would be almost impossible to stop. The cloth that she was using to beat the flames suddenly lit up and she dropped it out of surprise before quickly gathering himself and stomping on it to put the flames out.

She had just taken a step back, hearing Jackdaww's concern, and it was a lucky thing she did because flames suddenly spouted out of the side of the cart, redirected by shifting wood towards her. Dawn shrieked in fright, throwing her arms up to protect her face. The flames shot around her, singing her shirt and striking her right arm. Dawn whimpered, backing away from the fire while clutching her arm to her chest. It was not serious, just very uncomfortable, and it would probably peel or blister later.

"Apparently it can be dangerous," she said sheepishly, smiling weakly to show that she was all right. "I will be fine, do not worry about me. Just get that fire put out!" However she did think it was nice that he was concerned about her. Then again, the fire needed to be their top concern.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 4:23 pm

Jackdaww swore fiercely as the jet of flame went up. It singed his left arm a little, but Dawn seemed to have gotten the full force of it. However, when she smiled, he decided it was better to fix this mess first, and worry about her later.

The two men that had run off for water reappeared, carrying tow buckets each, and threw it across the fire at their side. The flames hissed and spluttered, before going out, and the whole fire shrank in on itself like a wounded animal. However, the side that Jackdaww and Dawn were standing on still looked deadly.

More people from the other side ran off to the well, carrying buckets or pans to fill with water, but the fire was getting so wide that Jackdaww couldn’t get round it. The shops at either end were looking dangerously close to catching fire, and he wasn’t sure how to stop it.

--

Meanwhile, Measle had just noticed the fire himself. He took off, and soared above the city to give himself a better view of the devastation, before looking for a source of water. There was a river not far away, so he glided down towards it, landing messily. He then lowered his head to the water and filled his mouth and throat, holding the water carefully. Sloshing the water around inside his mouth, he took off again, and flew back towards the city, ready to spit the water down onto the ferocious fire. He knew Jackdaww was still down there, and didn’t want him getting caught in the flames.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 5:11 pm

Dawn began to cough, the smoke pouring off of the rapidly burning cart swirling around her. things were starting to look bad, as far as she could tell anyway. While the other side was starting to go out, they were certainly trapped on theirs, and the fire showed no signs of abating. This is bad, she thought, backing away slightly. Hurry up Taya, she thought worriedly.

~~~~~

Taya, on her desperate search for water, located one of the troughs near the city entrance. They were actually for horses, but it would suit her purpose quite nicely. The only problem was getting to it. She circled slowly down and then folded her wings slightly so that they would fit between the houses as she dropped the rest of the way, grabbing on to the edges of the trough with her claws.

It did not come out of the ground easily, and she winced at every drop of water that splashed over the sides. Still, with a grinding pop it finally came free, and she beat her wings furiously to regain altitude. It was no small task, but eventually she cleared the buildings and could use the full length of her wings again, though they would be very sore the next day.

Heading back over the city she circled the fire for a moment, trying to figure out where the worst spot was. After a moment she simply decided to douse the fire next to one of the ends, simply to save the shops over there. Let the cart burn, she decided, but keep the city from doing so. Only after she had used the water did the Antler dragon look for her rider, quickly spotting her near one of the buildings, trapped by the fire by all appearances.

"Dawn get out of there!" Taya cried, hovering over the scene as she looked down in horror.
"Not until this is out," Dawn called back, causing Taya to snarl in frustration. Foolish human, she thought, turning and flying away again in search of a place to refill the trough.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 5:29 pm

Measle loosed the water from his mouth in a long, pistol-line across the fire. He saw the flames snake away from it, and targeted the makeshift stalls that were just starting to catch fire. A couple went out, smoking dangerously, and he made his way back to the little river. It was a long flight between the two, but at least the fire wasn’t actually spreading much further out.

--

Jackdaww swore an a burning ember fell from the plume of smoke and landed on his shoulder. His mail shirt protected him initially, but the metal loops got hot quickly, and the hot metal singed is skin through his shirt. He retreated a few steps, and looked for a way through to the other side, so he could get water or at least get out of the circle of burning stalls that was beginning to form around him.

There was a small opening between the burning stalls, that looked ready to collapse on itself, but Jackdaww knew that once it did, he would be trapped. “Dawn, follow me.” he shouted, running for the opening. The searing heat was enough to make his eyes water as he sprang between the stalls light-footedly, and just about made it through. Then, he turned to call back to Dawn, worried that the little gap would close before she could get out. Putting out the fire was suddenly less important, and saving their own skins was the most important thing.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 11:25 pm

The fire was simply too big, too hot. It was going to rage out of control and burn them all, and now they were trapped. These were the panicked thoughts running through Dawn's mind as she stared at the flames before them. She was still coughing sporadically, the smoke ticking her throat and making her eyes water. It would not be too much longer before the heat and the smoke would get to her, sending her to the ground. However Dawn knew that she had to stay alert, that she had to fight and survive.

It was then that she heard Jackdaww, and looked around wildly, trying to figure out where he had gone. The smoke was beginning to fill the marketplace, making it difficult to see, but she spotted him leaping between a pair of burning stalls. Chasing after him she came to a halt, daunted by the flames. There was a sharp crack and the wood began to shift, closing the gap off slightly. With a dry Dawn threw herself through the gap just as another crack sounded and the stalls collapsed.

A piece of wood slammed against her shoulder, knocking her off balance, and she curled up into a ball to protect herself from the flames and the hard cobblestones as she landed hard on her side, bouncing once before coming to a painful halt. Lurching to her feet Dawn hauled herself away from the flames, not stopping until she reached cool fresh air. Then she collapsed with a whimper, her shoulder and arms aching.

~~~~~

Taya, meanwhile, had found another trough and pried it from the ground, her wings screaming protests as she repeated her flight back to the fire. I will not be able to do this again, she realized, dumping the water over the fire. It was then that she realized Dawn was not where she had left her, and the Antler dragon began to look around nervously.

Spotting Dawn collapsed on the ground she screeched in fear, landing on a nearby roof. "Dawn!" she cried, her wings fluttering anxiously. "Are you all right? Speak to me! Someone help her! Help!"

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 9:43 am

Jackdaww gasped as Dawn went down, and darted back towards her, but the flames were too huge for him to get near. However, when she started to run, he waited, just outside the danger zone, for her to reach safety.

“Dawn, are you ok?” he asked, as the tiny gap hey had passed through closed up in a wall of flame. He hadn’t seen the wood hit her, and wasn’t sure if anything had happened at all.

However, he did know that his chain mail shirt was resting heavily on the burn underneath. With an almighty effort, he pulled the heavy shirt over his head, and let it fall to the ground. His white, slightly padded undershirt was singed, but at least the pressure was gone from the burn around his shoulder. He would check that out once they were truly out of danger, but right now they had bigger things to worry about.

--

As Measle flew back a second time, he realized that he wasn’t really doing much good. He couldn’t carry enough water to make a difference in his mouth, and the fire was getting so big that the water was turning to steam before it even reached it.

As he spat out the jet of water, he noticed two shapes, a little way away from the fire. As he watched, however, one started to look familiar. Jackdaww. Great.

He couldn’t have stayed out of the way, could he? Why was it that, whenever there was danger about, Jackdaww managed to get himself right in the middle of it? He sighed, and began the slow descent down – not bothered by the flames in the slightest. He landed a few streets away, as his small shape allowed him to fit between the cramped houses, and started towards Jackdaww, wondering what he’d managed to do now.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 11:22 pm

Dawn remained motionless for a moment, coughing sporadically, before she nodded slightly and stood, looking back at the fire. We could not stop it, she thought, watching sadly. "I am fine," She replied, brushing a few loose strands of hair out of her face. Her arms were aching and her shoulder hurt but she blocked it out, or tried to anyway, knowing that she needed to focus on other things.

"We still need to get out of here though," she said. "Or I do anyway. Much as I hate to admit it I am not in any condition to fight that fire anymore." Dawn wanted to help some more, but there was no possible way she could. In fact, the woman was not even sure how much longer she could remain standing. The heat of the fire had sapped her strength, and the smoke was making it difficult for her to breathe.

"Head towards one of the main streets," Taya said, shuffling her wings nervously still. "I can pick you up from there, or at least join you." Looking around the Antler dragon spotted Measle and nodded shortly. "Your companion is headed this way too," she added, glancing at Jackdaww. "And it looks like they are starting to evacuate people."

Dawn looked down at her reddened arms and winced slightly, knowing it would be painful to put salve on them and bandage them later. "Are you coming Jackdaww or are you going to stay here?" she asked quietly, about to turn and go. There was nothing more she could do, though she had tried her hardest. it was enough to make her feel slightly useless.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 2:49 pm

Jackdaww thought for a long moment. The fire was huge now, writhing like a great beast, and he knew that they would never be able to put it out. However, leaving it to burn didn’t quite sit right with him.

“Ah, to hell with it. I’m coming.” He said at last, as his shoulder throbbed in complaint. He turned away from the glowing flames just as Measle turned the corner nearest them.

“Jackdaww, are you ok? You had me scared silly.” He panted; tired out after running down the last few streets. He had water dripping down his front, and looked a bit of a mess really.

“Yes, I’m fine. Where’ve you been though?” he demanded. Measle shook his head, still panting, and mumbled something about telling him later.

“The biggest street I can thing of is that way.” Jackdaww said, pointing left. It was also quite far from the fire, but he had a feeling that wouldn’t be the case for long. Every house in the city had a wooden frame under the stonework, and most of the roofs were thatched with dry straw, so a fire this big would spread impossibly fast. He doubted that the city would still be standing by this time tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 1:48 am

"Okay," Dawn said, coughing once again. "I wish we could have done something, but we did try," she added softly, the flames reflected in her eyes for a moment before she turned away, her head falling and gaze dropping to the ground.

"Well at least we are all safe," she commented as Measle arrived. "Things could be worse after all." And certainly they would be for the people of this city. "Taya can fly us all out of here, if you do not want to deal with the crowd. Right Taya?" The Antler dragon spread her wings out for a moment, judging how much energy she had left, and then folded them again and nodded.
"I believe I can," she agreed, nodding towards the direction Jackdaww had indicated and heading that way, moving carefully but quickly over the rooftops. "Meet you over there."

"Would you like to come with us?" Dawn asked, a little hopefully. "We certainly do not have anywhere important to go."

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 10:14 pm

“Well, since this place will be burn to the ground by tomorrow, I guess it’s time for us to move out anyway, so sure, why not?” Jackdaww responded cheerily. However, then it seemed to hit him that he had been offered a lift. It wasn’t an idea he was too keen on – he wasn’t fond of heights really, and he would have been terrified of the flight. He could tell.

“However, if it’s all the same to you, I’ll meet you outside. I’m not really a flier.” He joked, feeling glad that Measle couldn’t actually carry him. That would have been even stranger. Flight was never meant for people, in his eyes, and he was not about to test that fact.

“There’s a little stream just outside the city walls. The other side should be safe from the fire, so we could meet there.” Measle suggested, deciding that mocking Jackdaww for being so afraid of flight could wait. They may be into cooler air, but they certainly weren’t out of danger.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 12:37 am

"No problem, not everyone is," Dawn agreed, giving the fire one last parting glance before turning away and beginning to walk. "Yes, meet you there. Taya should be pretty obvious." She could only hope that her dragon would actually be able to land in the street, because she did not feel like being carried in her claws. They could do it of course, and had in the past, but it was uncomfortable to say the least. So it was with tentative steps that she headed towards the main street.

Fortunately, when she got there, she found that Taya was already waiting for her, the crowd streaming around her. Carefully hauling herself onto the Antler's back, Dawn looked down at the city as they flew over. Spotting Jackdaww and Measle below she waved slightly, not sure if they were looking up, before Taya banked and hid them from view. "Well that was more adventure than we needed," Dawn commented, a quiet rumble the only response she got. Curious but patient, Dawn fell silent until they landed again by the quiet stream.

It was far enough away from the main entrance that most people were not heading towards it, not at the moment anyway, so they were alone as Dawn approached the stream and dipped her arms in with a hiss of pain. It felt better and worse at the same time, a very strange feeling. "I will pay for that," she muttered, splashing water on her face in an attempt to clean the soot off. "Well Taya, at least we tried."
"That is a strange thing for you," her dragon replied, a solemn look on her face. "What got into you?"
"I had to try to help," Dawn said, her tone making it clear that nothing else would be said on the subject. Taya chuckled and shrugged, looking back towards the city while Dawn dug around in her saddlebags for the burn salve, which she began to spread on her arms.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 7:49 pm

Jackdaww nodded his temporary goodbyes, before ducking his head and following the crowd to the nearest gap in the walls. Measle followed, deciding to take the lower route rather than fly, as he didn’t want Jackdaww to get lost.

The crowd was moving fast – people were screaming and fleeing the fire, carrying all the belongings they dared to collect. Jackdaww felt lucky that he was only taking the food he had stuffed his pockets with and his mail shirt – a pack would have made leaving the city far harder.

Measle and Jackdaww increased their pace even more, and finally broke into a run as they neared the city gate. The mob of people was crazy, and they were sure they would be crushed between everyone, but as the crowd surged through, they found themselves standing safely on the other side of the wall. The fire was visible as a plume of black smoke, lit from within with tongues of orange, but it was far away by then. The city was slowly burning, but Jackdaww knew there was nothing left to be done. As soon as the wooden structures started to catch, the whole place would be up in sparks in seconds.

Measle led him to the stream in question, and he found that Dawn and Taya were already there. Jackdaww jumped over the little stream, and dropped his heavy chain mail on the ground beside him. His shoulder was really stinging now, and he knew he should take a look in a minute. However, he opted to simply hold the burnt skin, in the hope that pressure would make the stinging stop.

It was still warm – boiling hot in fact, and he could feel the skin blistering a little where stray sparks had touched the bare skin through his singed shirt. He could also feel a curious pattern dappling his shoulder and chest, which marked (in places) where his chain mail had burned him – each ring defined as a bright pink mark. Great – that was just what he had wanted to do today. Not.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 3:09 am

After Dawn had covered her arms with salve and bandaged them as well as she could on her own she looked up and realized that Jackdaww and Measle had joined them. Nodding towards the pair she smiled weakly, waiting for the pain to subside before she began to speak. Otherwise her words would end up a breathless whisper, which was not exactly helpful for getting her point across.

"I have some salve for burns if you want," she offered, holding up the jar. Dawn doubted that he had gotten away without a scratch, especially if the way he was holding his shoulder was anything to go by. "It will not heal it perse but it will make it feel better," Dawn amended. Which was true, the pain in her arms was already starting to fade slightly.

Taya was not really injured, besides the copious amount of smoke and ash she had inhaled while flying over the fire, but her fur was now a strange mix of white, gray, and black that she looked at distastefully. "Well," the Antler dragon commented, getting up and heading down the stream a short distance before jumping in and beginning to roll around, trying to get clean. It was not really going to work because there was not quite enough water in the stream, but it was better than nothing.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 9:21 pm

“That would be wonderful – if it’ll take some of the heat out, I should be all set.” Jackdaww said, taking the offered salve. He turned away from Dawn, and (leaning against Measle for support) pulled his shirt over his head to see the burn properly, revealing his muscled back and arms. He was still skinny, and generally quite weak and unbalanced, but years of sword fighting had built up reasonable muscles - in his upper body at least. It was a pleasant enough day, so he had no problem about being too cold, but the burn put a bit of a downer of his mood. The skin was red, and looked almost like it might be about to rise in a blister in the middle. That was from the burning wood itself, but all around the burn and across part of his chest was a pattern of rings, from his heated chain mail. He should really start leaving that somewhere instead of wearing it all the time – it only ever seemed to cause problems. However, he knew fully well that he never stayed anywhere long enough to pick it up again, and their hasty escape that afternoon had been a perfect example. Refusing to dwell on that though, he set about rubbing a little of the salve onto the worst part of the burn, and thanked his lucky stars that he hadn’t been more than singed anywhere else. He felt glowing, as if he had sunburn, from the heat in general, but that was the only localised burn that he could find.

While Jackdaww nursed his shoulder, Measle noted with interest that Taya was rolling in the river. It looked a little unusual, as she was a fairly large dragon, and the stream was rather small, but he had to admit that he would probably be doing the same if his scales weren’t already black. He could tell that there was a good deal of soot across them, but it was barely visible, so he didn’t bother cleaning it properly. Instead, he just ruffled up his scales to shake off the worst, and focused on calming down after the stress of the fire.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 1:41 am

"It should, for a little while at least," Dawn replied, sitting down on a nearby rock. "You may have to put some more on later. I know I will." She winced slightly when she saw the damage his mail had done. It looked increadibly painful, far more so than her still throbbing arms. Clearly they would be nursing their wounds for a while. Speaking of which... she began to look around, trying to find a suitable place to set up camp. They were going to need a place to spend the night, and she doubted that either of them would feel like wandering around the wilderness in their current condition. "Do you need some help with that?" she asked, not sure if there was a spot he could not reach. She tried to keep from staring at him, knowing that it was impolite, turning away from him slightly to give him some privacy.

Taya, while completing one of her rolls, happened to look up and see that Measle was watching her. The Antler dragon paused for a moment and raised an eyebrow at him before continuing to roll around. She waited a few more minutes before deciding that she was as clean as she was going to get and climbed out, shaking where she was to keep from dousing the humans with water.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 10:38 pm

Turning back around to pass the salve back to Dawn, Jackdaww shrugged a little. “I’ve had worse – the burn hasn’t risen up yet, so it might just fade away. Thanks though.” He smiled, grabbing his shirt and sitting down on the bank of the stream to pull it back over his head. His chest was muscular too, just like his arms, but it was still clear that he had a very light build underneath. He broke easily, so light burns (which he would class this as, since there wasn’t actually a blister over it yet) or flesh wounds were never as much of a problem as broken bones. Those hurt more, and took far longer to heal, and unless he could set it properly there always seemed to be some little complication. He seemed to splinter rather than break, which was never convenient.

“Those look painful, mind. Are you alright?” he asked, almost as an afterthought, but there was some honest concern in his voice. He dipped his hands in the stream to wipe the traces of soot from his face, and then tried to forget the burn. It stung, but the salve had calmed it nicely, which made it almost alright.

--

“Sorry, that must have seemed rude. I was just thinking I should make an effort to get some of the muck off my own scales.” Measle said, realising that he had been staring while he thought. It seemed like a nice idea to get to know Taya a bit more if Jackdaww and Dawn were going to stick around for a while. It would be nice to have another dragon around, especially if Jackdaww was going to be feeling sorry for himself for a while.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 11:23 pm

"Yes I am," Dawn replied with a short nod. "Thank you for your concern though. They should stop hurting sometime tonight or tomorrow, with any luck anyway." She could really only hope that would be the case, never having been burned before. Well, there was a first time for everything. "I hope for your sake that it does fade," she added to his first comment, tucking the salve back into her bag. It was lucky that she had gone into an herbalists shop a few weeks ago and decided to pick up some things. After all, best to be prepared right? Clearly it was a good idea.

She glanced over at Taya, making sure her dragon was not too far off, and was relieved to see her just down the stream. She was not exactly protective of her dragon, though she would be if necessary, she just wanted to make sure she had not been left behind. It had happened to her too often for that not to be a fear in the back of her mind. "So should we stay out here or try to find a better place?" she asked, turning back to Jackdaww.

~~~~~

"Oh you are fine," Taya replied, shrugging. She looked back at her fur in dismay. It still had streaks of grey and black running through it, and she knew they would not come out until she could take a proper bath. Which who knew when that would be. Oh well, she thought with a sigh, laying down on the riverbank. "So, how long have you and Jackdaww known each other?" she asked in an attempt to make conversation.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

{Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next