Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons

Go down 
+6
Artemis
nen
Stormkatz
Rogue
Echo
Aero
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 6:07 pm

The whole fight would be much easier if the other two would focus on killing each other, Eliza decided, instead of her. Then again, she’d never been engaged by two men at once, in any way, so it was an exciting experience. However, when bird-man decided to shoot at her again, she abandoned her vulnerable position on the pillar and retreated into the water again, slipping into the artificial ocean before the arrow (which would have hit just above her collarbone) could reach her. She left the breastplate where it was, and swam downwards. The ocean wasn't as deep as it looked, and the edges of the arena stopped her swimming as deep as she would have liked, but she had enough water between the surface and herself to build up a really good jump. Although the webbing between two of her toes had been split by one of the attacks, she should be able to make up for it with the use of her webbed fingers as well. She was sick of getting spiked with arrows, and wanted to see how close she could get to that wretched flying archer…

Breathing in deeply to fill her lungs with the salty water, she powered up towards the surface and launched herself. The lack of extra weight from the breastplate meant she cleared the pillars easily, her feet getting above the younger human’s head, so she reached up towards the bird-man’s ankles. She still wanted to put a scare into him, so if she even touched the bottom of his foot before falling back towards the water she would be happy. If she managed to pull him down at all, well that was even better. She had slid her sword into the tiny belt around her hips, which was about as substantial as a piece of seaweed, but it freed up her webbed hands for grabbing.

Back to top Go down
Jula
Jula

Things that I am :
  • "Nice Guy"
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Complete Newbie
  • Medium Poster
  • Short Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

Female Loveliness : 0

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 7:38 pm

When the merfolk had ducked under the water, and abandoned her breastplate, Dmitri darted over to the breastplate and scooped it up, in case he needed to use it as a shield himself. It seemed like a good idea. And also while Eliza was out of earshot, Dmitri used the opportunity of her not being there to talk to Talos. "If we work together ... if we defeat her... and if we are pitted against each other..." Well, he was about to offer a forfeit in exchange for his life, but right then, the Mermaid broke back through the water. He hadn't prepared himself as well that time, but he was committed to NOT letting the crazy fish-person win, because she was crazy, and she was most likely not going to be as willing to negotiate over him forfeiting.

Though, he COULD just forfeit now, but he really wanted to be able to accomplish SOMETHING, and not just be a pitiful shell of a loser. He just didn't want to die. Right now, though, it looked like things were on his side. He really thought that he and Talos could work together to bring this crazy fish-girl down, and he would be a little proud of himself too.

As Eliza jumped over him, Dmitri swung the blade up, hoping to cut one of her legs clean off if he could - if he could cut one of those webbed feet off, it would absolutely hinder her from being able to swim well. If he managed to slice her in two, all the better.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 3:36 pm

Knowing she had absolutely no hope if it came to physical strength against this creature, Kassandra wiped her hands nervously on her trousers to get off the most of the water. Restraining the urge to curl her fingers into fists, she tentatively drew on some of her magic, quicker when she found she wasn’t quite so wet to cause herself damage too. Her haste came in handy as the monster leapt after her before she barely had time to collect herself. She ducked low to the ground, wrapping her hands over her head and scrabbling out the way of the monster’s outstretched claws, having to rest her hands on the ground as the pillar shook under its weight.
Although she had avoided his grip this first time, she knew that if she hesitated with him so close now, she was very prone to getting squished. It was a mad idea, but she threw herself at the monster, pushing at its lower back in an attempt to overbalance Genchu and tip it into the water. She didn’t think he’d last long, being so heavy.

((Or you can have Alex’s version: ))
Knowing she had absolutely no hope if it came to physical strength against this creature, Kassandra wiped her hands nervously on her trousers to get off the most of the water. Restraining the urge to curl her fingers into fists, she tentatively drew on some of her magic, quicker when she found she wasn’t quite so wet to cause herself damage too. Her haste came in handy as the monster leapt after her before she barely had time to collect herself. She ducked low to the ground and Genchu flew over the top of her. She then shouted “PIIII-KA-CHUUU” and lightning blasted out from her. It struck all around; a glowing ball, extending outwards, of electrical tendrils. Genchu was hit immediately and flew back from her and dropped down into the sea. Kassandra cheered and jumped up and down in excitement shouting “PIKA PIKA PIKA.”
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 25

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 7:26 pm

A terrible sinking feeling engulfed him when the mer-woman disappeared back under the shifting waters. He could track the displacement of light that she created in the shallow sea for only so long before he lost her again, and Talos was at that moment consumed by the fear that she was coming for him. He looked briefly at Dmitri when the lad talked, about to agree with the notion of an alliance against the mermaid when he heard the fateful splash coming from below him. In a moment of quiet terror, Talos tried to gain more altitude, but he had forgotten that his back was already against the invisible magical ceiling. His attempt at gaining altitude rebounded and with a sense of horror watched as the mermaid's webbed hand grabbed him around the ankle. The sudden addition of her weight collapsed his wings, the load entirely too heavy for him to support for more than a fleeting second. Talos dropped his bow as the sudden vertigo of falling gripped him, the weapon splashing somewhere on the water's surface and reached for his sword instead just before they hit the water and swung the weapon down at his assailant.

*~*~*

Genchu slipped on the wet surface of the pillar, his arms crashing against his chest tragically empty of a human morsel that he could crush to death. "Blugh!" he spat and turned around quickly, but before he could steady himself he was falling sideways, the little creature pushing him toward the dangerous water that would surely mean his doom. Falling down on one knee and a large outstretched hand, Genchu stopped his movement over the side just inches from the rim of the pillar, becoming as solidly steady as a rock. With a roar, he lashed out with his free arm at the small human trying to push him over, his fist formed into a club of angry muscle that would likely send her flying if it struck her full-on.
Back to top Go down
http://seroph.deviantart.com/
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 10:21 pm

Kassandra was amazed that she managed to have any effect on the great beast she was trying to best, actually managing to tip it towards the edge of the pillar before it ground to a very solid halt. She tried one last small push to move it as it found a good stance to hold itself still, then straightened and backed off a pace, breathing hard for her efforts. Her fingers scraped at her palms momentarily, then the monster yelled aloud and swung around to attack her again, catching her by surprise. She barely had time to duck or move out of the way before it caught her around the shoulder with its mountainous fist. She went flying across the pillar with a scream of pain, barely managing to catch herself at all as the most of her went sliding off the edge, clinging on desperately with her right arm outstretched over the platform and a little of her body, the rest kicking out at thin air and her left arm limp and unnatural.

Her breath huffed in her throat as she kicked and wriggled to get back onto the pillar, oblivious to the shocked gasps that ran around the nearby watching crowd. Suddenly things seemed ten times harder and ten times more terrifying; but there was less to lose by using magic now at least, when it now felt like her every scrabble was lighting her dislocated shoulder on fire a little bit more.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 9:43 am

Eliza grinned as her managed to grasp Talos’ ankle, so that Talos could see all of her pointed teeth, and the bright purple webbing at the corners of her mouth. The bow nearly clattered into her on the way down, but just missed her. She knew that both her opponents wanted her out of the way for the next round, but she wasn’t too pleased about that. She heard Talos’ sword unsheathe, and quickly opened moved to bite his leg, before letting go of him and diving back into the water. The blade caught her left arm, leaving another cut that gushed water, but she quickly shifted enough of the injury onto her human form to stop the bleeding. She could probably only do that once or twice more, before the multiple injuries became a serious problem and she reverted back to her human shape, so she just had to hope she could catch one of them before that happened.

In the water, she found Talos’ bow, floating a little under the surface. She picked it up, kicking her finned legs to keep herself still. She couldn’t use a bow, and she couldn’t see any arrows in the water, so she burst her head and chest out above the surface, and hurled the bow back at the Avian, who already seemed to be falling, in the hopes of stopping him regaining altitude.

(omg another thing I hadn’t realised it was my turn for! I am not good at this :/)
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 5:38 pm

Despite Armeno’s tackle being successful, it seemed Jackdaww wasn’t about to go down without a fight. The elbow glanced off the edge of his cheek; he gave a short hiss of pain, but didn’t loosen his hold. It would bruise, undoubtedly- though hopefully he’d win and be healed before that point- but it wasn’t exactly a serious injury. All the same, it aided Jackdaww in his escape attempt; his other arm came free, leaving Armeno with his arms locked grimly around the man’s torso. His knives would definitely come in useful in this situation, but he couldn’t draw them like this. Drawing on the endless hand-to-hand combat moves he and the other elves had been drilled in relentlessly at the Academy and disdained as only useful in practice situations, he pinned Jackdaww with the weight of his torso for a moment while he withdrew his arms and then used his left arm along with both his knees to try and hold him down as he whisked a knife from the sheath he wore across his chest.
Back to top Go down
Jula
Jula

Things that I am :
  • "Nice Guy"
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Complete Newbie
  • Medium Poster
  • Short Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

Female Loveliness : 0

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 6:43 pm

Okay. Talos was not having the best time. It was time to be proactive, and that kind of meant doing something really stupid, and that was going to be to bait her and hope she didn't kill him before he could kill her first. So to do that, he got right up to the edge of the pillar, trying to serve as a nice and easy target for the crazy mer-lady, so that she'd focus on him. Meanwhile, he recoiled his blade back, ready to strike at the first thing that emerged from the water, and hoped he could be fast enough once she showed her head. Which was what he was counting on. He just had to be faster than her and everything would be okay. And not let go of his sword, whatever happened. He was half expecting to get dragged into the water, and that was going to be really, really bad if that happened. But he certainly wasn't going to let that stop him from trying. He had to make a bold and daring move at some point, or he was just going to have to be content with running around and waiting. Right now, that didn't seem to be working out for Talos, him not being involved, and if Talos got picked off first then he would have to fight this mer-creature solo, and he really didn't want to do that.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 7:14 pm

Hitting the pillar had winded Jackdaww, but not so badly that he didn’t continue to struggle until his arms were both free. After a moment, he felt the pressure across his back change, and leaned a little to see what Armeno was doing. A knife? Crap, that wasn't good. He tried to twist around to reach his own knife, in its stupidly far away position, and by contorting himself as much as the pressure on his back would allow, he managed to grab his boot. He was nervous about Armeno’s knife, realising that, despite his armour, it would be easy enough from his opponent to end the fight right there and then, so instead of fumbling with his shoe to find the knife, he swung the boot behind him instead, trying to knock the knife away or at least gain enough space to wriggle free. He had a little experience in hand-to-hand combat, but all of it relied on facing his opponent, so thrashing around with his boot was the best he could do.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 10:02 am

Watching from the audience, Lutis leaned eagerly over the railing to see everything going on in the arena below. He had paid his copper piece to get in (actually paid it, a miracle in itself!) and by the guardians, he was going to get a good view. So far this round was hotting up quite good, although the one before had been a bit disappointing, what with half the action receding underground. And that arena had been damn cold! This one was equally as spectacular- thankfully much warmer- but it was nothing like what he had heard the previous dragon arena had been like, desert the whole way round. Now that was a scape you could have a good all-out brawl on.
He leaned his elbows on the railing and put his head in them as the elf and his opponent started trying to stick each other with knives, reasonably interested in the outcome; but so far it all looked kinda clean. Tame, almost. Behind him there was a bit of a commotion as some of the other spectators apparently got bored, shoving at each other and starting up their own fight, although Lutis wasn’t about to get into a pile-up in the middle of an audience. No, he did not want to end up squished beneath the rest of Kaionar. Although, he wasn’t pleased when he felt a push rock his own back, light at first, then another threatening him dangerously over the edge and into the arena.
“Hey, watch it!” He flung out his arms for support, grabbing onto the nearest person at hand…
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 10:14 am

The seats at the front of the crowd weren’t especially comfortable. Outside the fighting arena, the crowd smelt like... well, what thousands of Kionarians gathered together usually smelt of, which wasn't good. And people had been shoving since the start. The quiet part of the first fight had been almost scary, and now that the elf and human airing had ended up on the ground, everyone was getting restless again.

Starling had been watching the tourney since the first round, and so far had managed to avoid the more rowdy members of the crowd, so it came as a shock when a hand closed around her wrist. “Hey, what are you- Ahh!” she cried out, her wings flaring as she tried to keep her balance. Her light frame offered no balance, and she felt herself toppling towards the railings, pulled by the man beside her. Finally her balance went altogether, and the push of the rest of the crowd churning forced her to tumble right over the railings and into the arena itself.

She forced her wings open, managing to drag herself far enough over to land in a heap on one of the wide columns, rather than straight in the ocean, and glared at the man who had pulled her. “Look what you’ve got us into now!” she snarled, eyes narrowing in anger. She picked herself up and went to shove him in irritation. How the hell was she going to get out of this?
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 10:20 am

Lutis yelled as he felt his balance slipping and he toppled over the edge and into the arena, grimly hanging on for dear life to whatever unfortunate soul he had managed to cling onto. He was somewhat confused about the whole thing when they did not immediately go tumbling right into the drink below, but it became quickly obvious with the beat of wings that this was no ordinary Kaionarian. Well, what was an ordinary Kaionarian? Lutis was yet to meet one.
He lost his footing as they went crashing down onto one of the pillars in the arena, slipping on the wet surface but finding his feet altogether eventually. Although it did not seem as if things were going to go well from now on.
“Me?!” His tone was offended at the girl’s accusatory tone, and he scowled. “I didn’t do anything! So you can back off.” He gave her a firm shove back, not caring about the etiquette of putting his hands on a lady. She had started it.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 10:32 am

“You did! You dragged me over the edge!” She gave a dirty look as he shoved back, and rolled up her sleeves very deliberately. Starling had a very short temper, and she hated being this close to the water anyway – everyone knew that the most sure-fire way to ruin feathers was dipping them in salt water. And her boots were damp – it was going to take hours to dry them out properly as she had dipped one in the sea. She had skidded on the damp pillar while landing, and almost slipped into the water on the other side, getting her foot soaking wet in the process.

“I will NOT back off!” she snapped, pulling back her arm to punch this man who had offended her so in the shoulder. She had strong arms – she was an archer when she wasn't goofing off to watch tournaments – and didn’t pull herself short. Why should she? This man had almost pulled her into the ocean, in the middle of a fight that she had actually been enjoying watching. “You’d better apologise, or there’s another one of those too!”  she started to say, before her punch even reached its target.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 10:44 am

”I got shoved over the edge, an’ just grabbed what was to hand. Startin’ to think it was you that did it in the first place, though.” He put his hands to his hips and glared at the avian, yelping with surprise and then anger as she lashed out at his shoulder. Now holding his hands in front of him a little to catch this new punch she forewarned, he backed off a pace before slipping his coat off his shoulders.
“I ain’t apologising for anything. You’re just bein’ belligerent.” He balled it up in his hands and chucked it to the next post along, waving one finger at the air, wherever the officials were lurking. “Gonna want that back later, and bloody dry!”

That done, he turned back to the girl and rolled his shoulders back a little, turning his neck to one side with a sharp crack. Well… the audience was going to get a brawl now, even if Lutis didn’t get to see it. He jumped forwards to shove at her gut this time.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 10:52 am

The fact that Lutis was more worried about his coat than the idea of getting punched again annoyed her even more. She wasn't fussed about getting back to her seat anymore – she wanted to teach this fool a lesson! She was preparing to punch again when he barrelled into her gut, knocking the wind out of her. She screamed in anger, lifting up both arms to pound down on the man’s back, opening her wings half way for balance.

That was the last straw. She pulled away and took a step back, looking behind to make sure she wasn't too close to the edge. Then, mirroring Lutis’ attack, she charged, aiming her shoulder for his collarbone. There were people in the crowd shouting and pointing, but the marshals weren’t doing anything. The Kionarian tourney was a lace for watching fights, so as long as the pair of them were fighting, she doubted they would be forced to leave. It was all good entertainment as far as the spectators were concerned.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 11:01 am

Lutis tucked his head in as Starling thumped down on his back, jabbing at her with his hands and yelping even more at the heaviness of her punches. Cow! He jumped backwards and bounced on his feet as she pulled away, holding his hands out far to the sides and beckoning to her with his fingers.
Come at me, bro.
He lost his balance as she rammed back into him, going head over heels to crash against the ground with a whoomf of air leaving him. Turtled, he kicked his legs out at her and shut his eyes as he turned his face to one side, unconsciously not wanting to see whatever this girl tried to deal him with now. And he didn’t want his eyes gouged out by her fingers, either. Then he realised what he was doing and opened them again, reaching out with grasping hands towards one of her wings to rip the feathers from it. He’d like to see her laughing after that!

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 11:15 am

Starling smirked as the man toppled, a little surprised at her own strength, and hopped back as he kicked out, narrowly missing her knees. He had shut his eyes, so she moved closer, going to kick his side, but a sharp pain in her left wing made her howl. The bastard had ripped out three long feathers, and it hurt like hell. She whirled both wings around to batter him around the head before retreating a few steps, waiting for the stinging pain to subside. She would grow new feathers though, at least she knew that for sure. Putting on a stubborn face, she marched over again and kicked at Lutis’ leg. “That’s not fighting fair, get up.” She hissed through her teeth. She had no reservations about kicking at him where he was, but her blood was ready to boil in anger now, and it was so much more satisfying to punch someone who was standing, especially when the threat of falling over the edge of the pillar came into play.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 11:25 am

A crazed laugh escaped Lutis as he got a fistful of feathers, throwing them up into the air wildly. Then he hastily covered his head with his arms as she hit him round with her wings, grasping with his fingers again to try and rip out some more. He scrambled up to his feet again when she kicked him, rubbing at the sore spot before huffing a breath in the direction of one of her libertized feathers.
“This is Kaionar babe, what did ya expect? Niceties?” He laughed and dipped into an extraordinarily patronising bow, blowing her a kiss at the lowest point. He wasn’t going to lower himself to her every attack like this for long though, and quickly straightened back to bouncing on his feet, hoping he wouldn’t skid off the side of the platform in all his energeticism. “Come on then. Or are ya scared now I’m not on the floor any more?”
He had quickly discovered she was not a lady, therefore she was exempt from the normal ways of behaving around them (except the flirtation, but that was a granted). He was, in some respects, surprised she hadn’t aimed between his legs with her last kick- although so, so very grateful that she hadn’t.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 11:33 am

As Lutis tried to mock her, bowing like a real gentleman (which she didn’t believe for a second he was) she tried to knock him over with her wing again, but she was too slow and only brushed the stone in front of him. He had bounced back quickly- she wished she’d hit him harder while he was lying of the damp pillar now. Never mind, there was time for that. She glared as he spoke again. “Scared? Hardly!” she shouted in response. There was a wider, dry-looking pillar beyond Lutis, and she wasn’t enjoying the slick surface of that one, so she charged again, spreading her wings and kicking off the pillar, flying towards Lutis’ shoulders in an attempt to push him over into the water as she leapt to the next pillar. She landed messily on one shoulder, rolling to a stop at the far end of the pillar, and struggled to get herself upright. She knew Lutis wouldn’t be far behind, and she wasn’t going to leave herself open to any kind of attack by just lying there.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 11:43 am

This girl was crazy-hot tempered! Lutis was glad for his vigilance as she swiped out at him again, reaching to grab at her feathers, but missed. He was going to get her wings as ragged as Hone’s by the end of this, if he had his way!
He had to dive back onto the platform as she came running at him, feeling the damp seep through the front of his shirt. Scrabbling to his feet again as she landed awkwardly on the next pillar along, he brushed down his front and made a face at the coldness against his skin, then fitted his hands round his mouth and yelled after her.
“Why you runnin’ away then, if you ain’t scared?!”
He backed up across his own empty pillar then, testing the grip of his boots on the slippery rock, then charged across it and leapt into the air, landing much more gracefully with a roll the other side, popping up to his feet like a finishing gymnast. Oh yes, Kaionar had treated him well in this respect, getting from one awkward place to another. “We’re not done yet though darlin’, are we?”

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 11:56 am

It was annoying that a human could land more gracefully on the pillar than Starling had, but she circled around, staying at the opposite side of the pillar in preparation. “Damn right we’re not!” she replied, dashing to the middle of the pillar to tackle him again. She aimed her elbow for his stomach, her other arm free to grab his shoulders once he was in reach. Her boot was actually squelching as she moved, and in her head that was his fault – she could have landed nicely without the extra weight of some idiot clinging onto her. She’d be damned if he didn’t end up in the drink before their little brawl was over.

“And for your information, that wasn’t running,” She snarled, “that was seeing if you could jump, or if you’d just hurt yourself.” That was half true, at least, and the best trash-talking she could manage. It wasn't really a very good attempt, but she hoped he would be distracted enough to come within her grasp again. She held her wings back, half folded to stop herself losing any more feathers, as Lutis seemed rather keen to pull them out. She had been shedding smaller ones since the big three had been pulled out, and he had very nearly got another handful twice now.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 12:08 pm

Lutis held his hands out in front to grab at Starling’s as she ran at him, managing to catch her elbow with both and twist it back away from himself again. He could do without being winded a third time. She got her other hand round his shoulder though, which would never be good. He pulled a bit of a face and grimly hung on, stepping up close towards her so they were almost pressed together like lovers, trying to hook his leg around hers and sweep her off her feet.
“I can jump perfectly well. I’m a Kaionarian, did ya expect me to be clumsy or summat?” He had to grin at that, when he had already demonstrated the opposite. Fine, he had fallen over the edge of the audience, but that wasn’t exactly his fault. “Guess you got it wrong there, birdy.”

He didn’t really know what to do with this arm of hers he had, except try and keep it out of his way, although it was an awkward and uncomfortable position he was in, with both arms drawn across his body to try and keep the one of hers away. Relinquishing his weaker grip with his left arm, he tried to bring it back to a better place, but it was difficult when he was also stood so close to her.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 12:21 pm

Lutis catching her elbow stopped her dead in her tracks, and when her other hand failed to grab his shoulder too she struggled helplessly for a second, looking for an opening to move. She staggered a bit as his leg caught hers, but after dipping or a second she managed to keep her balance, locking her knee back to stop herself falling. “Well you hardly made a good first impression,” she growled, still struggling against his grip. When he moved his left arm, She pushed back with her wrist and elbow, trying to create a little more space and free herself.

Ergh, the way he spoke to her made her sick. She wasn’t used to the Kionarian accent anyway, but she hated being called ‘birdy’ in any voice. She supposed she should really try to be the grown-up and back off, but it simply wasn’t in her nature, so she tried to punch again, aiming right for his lip. Maybe he wouldn’t talk so much if she set his teeth crooked.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 12:34 pm

”Says you! Ain’t nice to just all an’ out whack someone for trying to save their neck.” He looked at her with one eyebrow raised a little as they tousled on the spot for a moment, then pulled his arm up from between the pair of them and put it around her shoulders, smiling crookedly. “Tha’s better now though, innit?”

Lutis’ comfort at being so close to Starling suddenly dropped tenfold as she lashed out with her free hand and socked him good and proper in the mouth, making him recoil and gape at her as he quite hastily pulled himself away from their close embrace. His hand went straight to his mouth, dabbing gingerly at where she had managed to split his lip, then shook out his other hand in pain and whined a little from it. A string of muffled curses filled the air as he patted at it and made all sorts of faces.
“Ow, shit, what was that for? Great guardians alrigh’, not up for bonding time yet. Bloody hell!” He found a little more distance, nursing this new injury like it was a mortal wound.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 12:47 pm

Starling was not comfortable being so close to Lutis, so she was quietly pleased that he recoiled so much from the punch to the lip. “That was because Shayenne chicks don’t like being pushed around.” She grinned, rubbing her knuckles gently with her other hand. She wasn’t sure that she had told the truth there – Shayenne was full of rich folk, and she doubted a proper ‘lady’ would have gotten herself into a brawl like this, but it sounded more intimidating than ‘I don’t like it’ did.

She stood back, watching in amusement and chewing the end of one fingernail as Lutis fussed with his split lip. Ah, that felt so much better – she was pretty sure that made up for a damp boot, but her temper was unusually unpredictable that day, so she could easily be taunted into picking up her attack again. If she lost another goddamn feather, all hell would break loose.

“Who’s scared now? How does it feel, getting beaten by a girl?” she asked, feeling very pleased with herself. If that didn’t annoy Lutis, nothing would, she figured.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next