Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons

Go down 
+6
Artemis
nen
Stormkatz
Rogue
Echo
Aero
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 1:29 pm

Lutis scowled at Starling’s self-satisfied words, rubbing across his lip one last time as she stood up much more loosely and relaxed than before.
“Right. You’re askin’ for it now darlin’.” He rubbed his hands dry on the sides of his trousers, curling them into fists briefly now and then. “You don’t know scared, and I ain’t it!”
He wasn’t the most natural of fighters, quite the opposite in fact, but did know how to brawl now and then. Circling round to one side and testing his feet on the ground in case of hidden wet patches, he looked her up and down carefully for any more assets she might have hidden on her, careful with his movement closer so it wasn’t too obvious. Couple of steps forwards, one back, one sideways, bounce a little… then he jumped forwards and swung out one leg low towards her ankles, dipping so his fingers touched the ground as he twisted around, before leaping towards her to try and grab round her shoulders and bear her backwards.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 1:39 pm

Starling was going to make another sarcastic comment, but Lutis caught her by surprise before she could do so. She had noticed him getting closer, but somehow hadn’t registered the threat until he dropped and swung his foot. Her ankles slipped, and as he got up she felt herself toppling. Beating both wings hard, stirring up a strong flow of air, she tried to keep her balance, pulling one knee up as she fought against Lutis’ strength pushing back on her, aiming between his legs, where she had been too polite to aim earlier.

She had to step backwards quickly, tripping over her ankles to straighten, and by the time she felt more controlled (still using her wings for balance) they were perilously close to the edge of the pillar. She pushed back, trying to get back to the middle, and shook herself, her anger resurfacing quickly.

Only then did she realise her position. A brawl, against a Kionarian. It was second nature to anyone from that city, wasn’t it? And there she was, usually so reserved with her oh-so-civil upbringing. Damn!
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 1:50 pm

Shoving at the avian as she scrambled to try and keep her balance, Lutis struggled to remain somewhat upright himself, legs scattering as he tried to find a grip on the floor, while still grimly hanging onto the girl herself. Such chaos did him a favour as she tried to kick him, kicking his thigh hard instead of a more debilitating place. He growled, displeased with that sort of underhand manoeuvre.
“Oi, I thought you were all for playin’ nice?” He gave her one last shove, then regained himself carefully in a broad-footed stance, too slow to bat away her own shove, but not moving too much backwards for it. They were quite close to the edge now, and although the next pillar was not too far away- nor too high above the water, easy enough to pull oneself up onto it from the drink- the girl didn’t seem to keen on getting her feathers wet.
Lutis, on the other hand, had few worries about taking a dip, apart from perhaps losing his boots and being eaten by a monster, if there was a monster in there. He raised his arms a little and pushed them forwards, trying to spook her into slipping off the edge.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 3:34 pm

Starling straightened herself up, almost convinced that her shoulders would bruise from Lutis’ tight grip, as he finally gave her a little space. “That was before you pulled my feathers out!” she snapped, circling around a little to gain an extra inch of pillar between her and the water.

Lutis’ attempt to spook her succeeded, but she didn’t jump back, only flinched. Her wings opened wide in shock and her arms lifted to protect her face, before she realised there wasn't an attack coming and straightened off. She caught her breath from the struggle, and charged into Lutis again. He looked like he was in a good, stable stance, but if she could get her arms around one shoulder, she might still stand a chance of twisting him around and overbalancing him. She reached, aiming low so that, if successful, she would have her arms under Lutis’ armpits. She wasn’t playing anymore, that had been sly and unfriendly, so her manners (which were a little stretched at the best of times) were gone.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 6:05 pm

”Shouldn’t have let me get that close to ya then!” Lutis retorted, laughing when she flinched at his movement. She was so quick to react. He tightened up his arms to do it again, but by then she was running towards him to get in another push at him. It was turning into a bit of a wrestling match, with all this shoving.
He wasn’t going to have any of that though, and hastily ducked away from her charge, scattering low across the ground before running to the edge of the pillar and leaping across to the next one, scrabbling to hold it as he almost went skidding across the other side. This was much lower to the water, almost lapping at the edges, and sodden all over so much that it was difficult to find any sort of balance. Probably wasn’t the best place to stay.
“Come on darlin’, I know you’re bitin’ at the bit for it!” He turned to grin impishly at her, putting his hands briefly on his hips in a victorious stance, before having to catch his balance again. Definitely not the best place to stand. He started looking around for the next pillar, meaning to jump for it soon as possible.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 6:57 pm

Starling almost lost her balance as Lutis ducked under her attack, and staggered, keeping her balance but only just. He was so /fast/! She turned, just to see him skidding to halt on the next pillar along. “Look who’s running away now!” she shouted, leaping into the air. Lutis was already looking for the next pillar, so she landed (more daintily that after her first leap) on the pillar after the one he had chosen. They were making a general route towards the edge of the arena, away from the proper fight going on, so at least they wouldn’t get in the way of the two more experienced fighters.

“Come on then, hit me with your best shot.” She taunted, sticking out the tip of her tongue. She didn’t care for the smug look on Lutis’ face, but mirrored his stance by placing her own hands on her hips. She realised that the marshals would eventually intervene, so until then she would just enjoy the fight. She had always been discouraged from picking fights, so this felt like fun, despite the bruises she would undoubtedly have the next day. It was a simple was of rebelling.

Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 8:27 pm

Lutis ‘pfft’-d loudly at Starling’s words, grimly putting his arms out to each side to keep his balance and setting his jaw at a belligerent angle. He wasn’t running away, nor was she amusing him any with her quips or choice of where to stand. That was his new platform, not hers to get there first!
“Bugger off feathers, this is called tactic.” Like Lutis even knew what the word meant. But it was fancy enough sounding for ‘leap around a bit until she got bored’. Perfect tactics! She looked so smug, standing there in the perfect mirror of him. Well, that was going to change, if he had anything to do with it. He stepped up close to the edge of the pillar he was standing on, the side closes to the avian, thinking on what to do next. She was too far to jump immediately from his pillar to hers from just standing, even if he was a bit of a gymnast; instead he shoved his foot in the water (heedless of how it seeped in through a spot he had not known was leaky, these things came of living in a desert) and kicked hard towards her in a spray of water.
Let him see her taunting now, wet.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 9:42 pm

Starling was very pleased about how indignant Lutis seemed about her choice of words and position. The gap was troubling him too. For a moment she thought he was going to swim the distance, but her face fell as a spray of water soaked her head to toe. She shook out her wings, gasping from the cold, and glowered across the gap. “You little -!” she shouted, looking down herself in frustration. The water had soaked through her shirt, leaving it clinging to her narrow frame, and now the front of her trousers (she had never been one for skirts – they were impractical for flying) were soaked too.

“The feathers was underhand – that was uncalled for!” she shouted, flaring her wings and hopping to the pillar to her left, circling around the pillar Lutis was stood on effectively. “Come on then, let’s see some of these marvellous tactics – I am in no mood to dance.” He thought he was so slick, and she had to see his pride dented just a little.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 2:11 pm

Ah, so that got her attention. Good, the arrogant little bird. Lutis had no qualms about being wet- he was already dripping down his front from sliding around on the soggy pillar he now stood on- and he didn’t think she should be in any better condition than he was. Grinning widely, he stuck out his tongue back at her the same way she had before.
“Uncalled for? What, a bit like tha’ first whack you gave me. Ooh, mus’ give you a right raw spot.” He turned so that he was still facing her as she jumped to the next pillar along, giving him space on the one he was going to jump to next. He backed up a little from the edge and ran to jump onto that one, feeling a bit safer to be somewhere slightly drier; although only just, what with his recent drenching of Starling.
“Can’t hurry these things darlin’, not now you’re expecting them.” He shook off the excess water from his boots, crouching to spread his fingers on the ground and keep a nice solid posture, so he didn’t slip and make a fool of himself. “An’ I do so love to dance. You’re doin’ me out of all the fun here!” He shook his head, then abandoned this pillar too, jumping away from Starling. “Catch me if you can, get y’revenge!”

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 4:53 pm

Starling stammered, trying to find a comeback, but failed to find one. She stood fuming, watching Lutis leap again. She hoped he slipped, cocky little so-and-so. As he jumped over to the next pillar away from her, she crouched, ready to take off. If he wanted to dance, he could go right ahead, but with whatever beasties they had in the artificial ocean. ‘All the fun’, pah! This wasn't supposed to be a bit of fun for him, it was a serious fight!

She leapt into the air, darting after him. She stretched out her arms as she flew, hoping to catch his shoulders and push him over. She wasn’t very fast, but she could hopefully outrun him if he didn’t figure out what she was doing. If not, well at least she’d be close enough to give him a bloody nose to match that lip. It was a shame he was still so capable of speaking and winding her up after that – it would have been much easier if he had stopped.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 6:05 pm

All Lutis’ baiting started to come into its own as Starling was left gasping for some sort of retort, and he couldn’t help but grin one of his widest smiles. Not so good when she decided to take to the skies however, employing her biggest advantage over Lutis. Well, that was never good. He gave her a jaunty salute with two fingers as she gained a little height, then promptly turned his heel on her and ran for the edge of the pillar, leaping across to the next. It was an interesting sort of landing, sliding a little on the damp surface, but he quickly changed direction for the next closest pillar along, grinning widely to make the avian chase him.
He gave a yell as she caught at his shoulders on his next jump, tipping his balance all off so he flailed crazily in the air, almost landing face first on the next pillar. He managed to save himself just in time though, tucking into a ball and rolling over in a tight forward-roll, springing out of it barely before he reached the opposite side. It hadn’t given him enough momentum, so instead of trying to leap for the next pillar he used the energy he still had to jump up from his toes, yelling with elation as he folded in half and dived into the water, disappearing out of Starling’s grasping reach below the surface.

Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 25

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 8:37 pm

Rising to his full and very impressive height, Genchu stomped through the shallow toe-deep water that covered the platform that the two combatants battled over, spraying up water as he walked in large splashes. They conveyed his annoyance about as well as the angry look on his armored face as he closed the short distance between himself and the little human who had tried to push him over. That action was an insult in and of itself. "Little squishy could never topple Genchu!" He yelled in a fierce booming voice and sprinted the last of the distance, his big meaty hand coming down where his quarry was struggling to retake her footing on the far edge of the platform. "BLUGH!"

[*-*-*-*]

White-hot pain lashed through his poor ankle when the mermaid bit him, her teeth scissoring through his leather boots and leaving little bleeding wounds in the wake of her mouth when she let go to dive back into the water. His wings grabbed air, supporting his much lighter weight without the addition of the fish-woman, but the soles of his boots splashed into the water before he could regain any sort of momentum and spent a horrified second up to his thighs in water before he regained altitude. Mourning the loss of his bow and clinging to his sword for dear life, Talos only managed to gain a few feet above the water before something collided with his back. Turning sharply to see what had hit him, he saw his bow fly back toward the water after being launched by the fish-woman, who was grinning at him in a way that he much didn't like. Dmitri, for all the good he had done so far, was apparently attempting suicide by rushing the edge of the platform to try and get a swipe at the mermaid.

"Enrin's breath!" He hissed under his breath and dove for the water's surface, skimming along the top. Dmitri wasn't going to be able to end the fight on his own like this, and Talos definitely wanted to end it as soon as possible. The least amount of time he had to spend next to the water with the sea monster lingering in it, the better. Coming from the opposite side of Dmitri, Talos held his short sword with both hands, readying his strike to take off the creature's damned head as soon as he was close enough and hope that his wings wouldn't strike Dmitri on the side of the head and knock him into the water.
Back to top Go down
http://seroph.deviantart.com/
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 2:46 pm

Eliza was so pleased that she had drawn blood with her bite, and was grinning as the metallic taste swirled around her. The low levels of natural blood magic in the liquid fed her sylph half just slightly, and her human instincts such as fear faded temporarily. She knew that they were both after her, but she didn’t care. She was confident, and she knew she had them frightened. That was where her advantage lay. Dmitri was within her reach, and without thinking to moved towards him through the water. However, as she saw the Avian dive, she recoiled. She knew he thought the only way to kill her was to cut off her head or something, and while any number of other things would have the same affect in reality, that would be a little more effective than she was happy with. She stayed under the water, reaching for her own sword. It was rusty, as it had been in and out of rivers, lakes and streams since she acquired it, but it was still pointy. She burst through the surface holding it carefully, with the purple webbing of her hands draped loosely over the guard as she got a grip with her slender fingers. She lunged straight for the human boy, holding her other arm up to protect her throat from Talos.

--

Starling giggled as Lutis slipped, pleased that she’d caught up with him, but stopped in astonishment as he dived into the water. She hadn’t been expecting than, and landed on the pillar he had just been on, looking over the edge. She could see his shadow in the water, but was reluctant to follow. She didn’t know if she could swim – she’d never tried. She had been told she would be able to float because she was an avian, and her bones were so light, but again, she had never put it to the test.

She was still angry with Lutis though, so after deliberating, she tried to copy him and dive. It went badly. She folded her wings against the water, but they got pulled open very quickly, and she spluttered for a moment, kicking to the surface. It was horrible – why would anyone choose to do this? She gripped the edge of the pillar, kicking her legs as she struggled with her wings, which were now all tufty with feathers at odd angles, which only made her more frustrated. She was getting out of the water as soon as possible.

Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 9:47 pm

Kicking and scrabbling to try and get back onto the pillar, Kassandra struggled for what seemed like an age as the monster stood tall and started towards her, its voice like the sound of a mountain moving from its roots. She kicked a little more fiercely, scratching with her fingernails to get up onto the pillar, eventually managing to haul herself onto her hands and knees, although only one useable hand. She held it close to her body with fear showing on her face as the monster closed the last little gap between them and closed his hand down on her, squeezing around her middle. She cried out breathlessly as her arm was crushed in against her and her shoulder was stretched, shutting her eyes against the pain and drawing up an electric shield around her unconsciously, despite the shocks it sent down her front from her wet clothes.

==X==

Lutis could barely see in the water, but that didn’t matter; as long as he was out of the grip and away from all the gripes of that avian chick. He twisted onto his back to look up at the blurry sky as he held his breath, then came up for air as there was a huge splash and a flurry of black shape near to the pillar he had come from. Surely not…? Was she so stupid as to follow him?
Had she not seen birds when they came out of a birdbath? Perhaps she was blind when she came in after a storm, because he sure as anything wouldn’t want to get feathers wet and then try to do anything more than crawl into a ball in front of a hot fire and dry off.

He took a deep breath of fresh air as he came up to the surface, kicking his legs to keep afloat for a moment as he worked out what the floundering mess nearby was- nope, definitely the bird girl- then dived underneath the water again, swimming underwater towards her before catching hold of her feet and giving a good yank. He got out of there twice as fast with a good flurrying of arms and legs, not wanting to be kicked.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 5:00 pm

Staring had almost managed to get herself onto the slippery pillar when something gripped her ankles. She squealed, assuming it was some kind of sea monster, then trashed around helplessly as her head went under the water. She got a mouthful of salty water, before figuring out that she needed to stop screaming underwater. She saw a dark, blurry shape through the water, and realised quickly that it was not a sea monster, but rather the annoying man that had pulled her out of her seat. He was not getting away with this!

She kicked to the surface and cleared the water, pulling herself quickly onto the pillar and opening her wings wide. They were soaked, and her feathers were sticking out at all angles. She shook some of the water free, then half-folded then behind her, hoping that the sun was strong enough to dry them. Then, she began to look for Lutis. He was still in the water, and she wasn’t about to go back in there. Maybe he would forget how to swim and drown in there, but somehow she doubted he was as poor at swimming as she was.

Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 5:25 pm

Lutis cleared off into an open patch of water, slowing his swimming to come up to the surface and take a few long breaths of air, laughing and waving one arm into the air at Starling as she gasped and gaped like a fish, struggling up onto the pillar he had dragged her from.
“Birds ain’t made t’be fishes darlin’, that’s why they’re called birds!” he shouted after her, turning onto his back and doing a pathetic attempt at backstroke. For all his liking of water, swimming in clothes and boots was difficult, and he hadn’t swum in quite a while.

He flapped his way across the water to another low pillar, this one not quite how he might like it despite being nice and low to the water. Nearby another fight was going on, the two men tousling to get a grip on one another. They had done quite well the round before, if Lutis remembered right.
Hauling himself up onto the pillar, he got his torso out of the water before turning over to rest on his elbows, breathing languorously for a moment while he had the chance and Starling was still sodden the other side of his swim.

Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 25

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 5:45 pm

The shock of her magic coursed up his arm in an instant, searing his nerves. Reacting on instinct alone, Genchu jerked backward with a stumbled and a howl of pain, shaking his shocked arm to relieve the painful tingling feeling. He thought that he would be able to make a decent meal out of this little squishy, but the fact that she shocked him like a porcupine would stick up it’s quills had definitely ruined his appetite. Enraged, he glared at the little squishy human woman on the ground, building himself up for his next attack and drew a deep breath. "No like! Bleugh!" Genchu thundered and stomping like the titan he was. Genchu, unwilling to get shocked in the arm a second time, rushed over, planted his foot, and kicked at Kassandra like she was a ball on the playground. If he couldn’t grab her, then he would demolish her some other way.
Back to top Go down
http://seroph.deviantart.com/
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 6:49 pm

Kassandra felt as if all her insides were being shook out of her when the monster jerked away, wishing she could hold on but having her arms crushed up tight. She cried out breathlessly, then again as she hit the pillar when it dropped her, falling limply with white dancing in front of her eyes like she had gone blind for the pain. She tried to crawl up onto all fours but it hurt too much and the pillar was shaking from the monster’s heavy footsteps, making it difficult to do anything more than curl into a ball and try and protect her head. The sound of its voice made her tremble and shut her eyes, helpless for what it might do to her.

There was a moment when nothing happened, then pain exploded across her arm again and her stomach too as the beast kicked her. She didn’t even have the breath to scream as she went flying out across the water, hitting another of the pillars solidly and cracking her head against it, then dropping down into the water. She sunk like a stone, leaving a trail of bubbles behind her, followed by swirls of dark red as she disappeared down into the water.

((Kassandra has lost her fight, sadtimes. Genchu (NPC-A) is the victor of this fight.))
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Starling did not consider anything about her situation to be acceptable. “Don’t call me ‘darlin’’. Or ‘bird’.” Starling snapped, hugging her knees and sulking. Her wings were wet and she was deeply unhappy. She was sick of this – she had paid a fair amount for a good seat for this match of the tourney, but this was a little too close to the action for her liking. “Now get out of the water, that’s really not fair.”

She stood up, shaking out her wings again. She hoped they would still work, sodden as they were. She didn’t know if she could easily jump between pillars without them, as she was quite slight and not especially muscular. Gods, she couldn’t STAND that man – he looked so smug, lying on his front in the water like the owned the place. She grumbled, then quickly launched herself at his pillar, hoping to take him by surprise – maybe even land on his back and pin him down. That would teach him to look so pleased with himself!

Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 4:45 pm

“Well, y’ain’t given me anythin’ else t’call you by, so I’m gonna be stickin’ to those until you give up a bit more information!” called Lutis back at Starling, kicking his legs slowly through the water. It was a bit of a treat really, to get a swim; he had been thinking the water had looked pretty good from up in the viewing area he had been sitting in before, and although the fighting was a downside… this was good. He tugged himself out a bit further and wiped a hand over his face, pushing back the dripping lengths of hair from his face and sorting himself out a little bit.

He hadn’t been paying much attention to what Starling was doing, she in a much worse-looking state than he was, and confident in his abilities to hear her coming. Unfortunately for him though, it was at this point that Genchu (across the arena a bit) gave a mighty roar and kicked his opponent off into the water, quite distracting Lutis for a long moment. Enough for Starling to leap across and land on him, crushing all the air out of his lungs in surprise and making him bang his nose hard into the pillar underneath him.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 7:50 pm

Starling was, in truth, a little surprised that she managed to land on Lutis. She was quite pleased by the look of his face as he banged his nose on the wet pillar, and after turning her head to see what the loud noise had been, she found herself crouched on Lutis’ back, unsure what to do next. She was still mad that he had pulled her under the water though – she could have drowned, for pity’s sake, and grabbed a fistful of hair to pull his head back and glare at him. Are y’sorry you pulled me out of my seat yet?” she snarled, “And my /name/ is Starling.”

With that, she pushed forward, trying to bash his nose on the pillar again. Her wings were still half open, ready to get out of the way if he threatened to pull her into the water again, but sat on Lutis’ back seemed like the safest place to be right then. There were people cheering loudly – one of the matches must have just finished – but there was a definite group in the front two rows of the audience who were cheering her fight with Lutis too.

Pushing Lutis’ head towards the ground again, she sprung back, her feet on his lower back and loked around, trying to pick a new spot to head towards if she had to. Moving about seemed like her strong point, and she meant to use it.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 8:15 pm

Lutis made a horrified noise as Starling landed on his back, one hand flying to his nose to feel all over it as he turned his face to one side. He snarled as she dragged his head backwards, wincing in pain at the awkward angle. His nose was throbbing now and his neck wasn’t much better.
“I didn’t pull y’out your seat, you stupid cow,” he growled, his hand waving in the air as he tried to grab at Starling’s hand, then he yelled louder as she smashed his head against the pillar a second time, well and truly bruising his nose. His eyes started to tear up badly as he felt across his face a second time, making all sorts of pathetic noises. For all his bravado, he wasn’t really a fighter.

He managed to save his nose the third time, hand in the way to protect himself from the stone, but even the jolt made his face hurt, and he whined even at that. Wicked bitch. He felt her move and took the chance, dipping his feet down towards the water and pushing himself backwards off the pillar again, trying to protect his face from any further attacks as he found himself back in the water, instantly soothing the burn of his nose.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 8:52 pm

Lutis didn’t sound very tough and manly after she’s bashed his face on the pillar, but she was still nervous when he started to move underneath her, and sprang off his back and out of arms reach before he could get her near the water. He was heavier and probably stronger, so if he got hold of her ankles, she didn’t fancy her chances. She landed carefully on a different pillar, out of the way, and watched for Lutis. He was in the water again, and she couldn’t see him, so she just fixed her gaze on the spot where he had slid off the pillar.

Her heart was pounding, and for all her irritation, she was kind of starting to enjoy herself, although that was just because she felt like she was winning. Pausing to catch her breath, she risked looking away from Lutis to see where they were in relation to the actual fighters. There was a good gap between her and the two men grappling on their pillar, and a similar distance from Genchu. She would have to go in a fairly straight line between the two to avoid interfering, and she really didn’t want to get in the way of a proper fight. This brawl was one thing, but the actual competitors had weapons. She did not.

She looked back at the water around the last pillar, still looking for Lutis, and caught her breath, ready for the next move.

Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 9:07 pm

Letting himself sink below the surface of the water, Lutis probed delicately at his nose, squeezing his eyes shut tightly against the stinging sensation. It was thoroughly uncomfortable, enough for Lutis to find himself holding his breath for a long time while underwater to make sure that he was in one piece before coming back up to take in another breath. He glared at Starling where she was over on another pillar, hanging on with one hand to the nearest one to get a bit more strength back before he had to start the slog over to the next.

Well, it was either that or sitting out on this pillar until she came back. He sighed and started the swim across to her. This was getting tedious, following her around from one pillar to the next, and giving her the advantage the whole time…
Advantage, eh.
Suddenly he kicked out hard and splashed his arms up and down, a terrified expression coming over his face and sinking into the water. He splashed a bit more to come up to the surface, waving his arms in the air frantically.
“Help! I-I- Help! Gir—Starling!” He sunk again, waving around as if he couldn’t swim at all and spraying a fountain of water from his mouth. “Help me!”

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 9:28 pm

Lutis resurfaced well within her sight, which was good, so Starling just watched calmly as he swam over, letting him do all the hard work. She didn’t even know if she could swim, since her dip in the artificial sea had been so short lived that she hadn’t really tried.

Speaking of not being able to swim, it looked like Lutis had forgotten. Starling’s mean streak dissolved as the man started to struggle – he even remembered her name to ask for help. “What-?” she started to ask, before his flailing mass vanished under the surface again. She swore, looking at the water suspiciously, then held out one arm. “Grab that!” she shouted back when he came up for air, hoping it was close enough. She was annoyed with him, and still wanted to punch him, but she wasn’t mean enough to let him drown just for pulling her out of her seat at the annual tourney. The water he was splashing up sprayed her, but she was already soaking so that didn’t matter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next