Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons

Go down 
+3
Nyx
Eliza
Aero
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 25

Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 6:10 pm

WELCOME ALL TO THE KAIONAR GRANDE TOURNEY!

Welcome to the 100th Kaionar Grande Tourney, and don't we have something special planned for all of you!? Thank you to all of our competitors that have signed up. We look forward to your fights! But first, here are some ground rules!
RULES:
  • No Godmoding or Power Playing
    • Those accused of breaking this rule will be visited by Arasolra or Yveni and subsequently disqualified. You have been warned.
  • Respect your adversary!
  • ONE of you must lose in every round! (Draws are allowed, however)
  • Remember this does NOT have to be cannon if you don't want, so don't be afraid to get injured!
  • There is NO posting order! When you have defeated your opponent, your character will be allowed to rest until the others are done.
  • Above all, this is a PRACTICE for character combat!
  • HAVE FUN!

Now that that's out of the way, let's talk about what you'll face in the arena! The matches will be conducted on a one on one bracketed system. Winners advance through defeating their opponents and will face a neighbor in the neighboring bracket. Late entrants to the Tourney will be assigned to a space currently occupied by an NPC character! The competitors will be given a 1 hour reprieve while the arena is changed, and during that time they can choose to see our expert magic healers on staff! Let's take a look at our first arena for round one!

The Terrain

Ooh, what an exciting looking arena our mages have cooked up for our dragons this year! The arena has been turned into a delightful looking wasteland, complete with an astonishing 100ft straight drop cliff! This rocky and uneven terrain will certainly be something exciting to watch with the cast of dragon participants that we have this year! The ones that can't fly are going to have a rough time navigating that cliff if they get pushed up to it! The weather inside the arena is blistering hot without a cloud in the sky! Our competitors are going to have to watch out for dehydration! There's some water at the bottom of the canyon that our mages have created, but I wouldn't count on being given enough time to take a drink!

We have a team of expert barrier mages on site to keep the competitors fighting who they're supposed to fight, and the arenas appear to be about 200 square yards, plenty of space for the dragons to do their thing! In addition, I've been told that there is a ceiling on this arena as well! Oh, how interesting! That'll keep the action near the ground and maybe give our flight-less competitors a chance, right? In addition, Anyone caught taking shots at the barrier keepers will be instantly disqualified, so don't do it! They're here to keep all the competitors from running into each other's zones! Wow! This looks like it's going to be an exciting opening round! I hope that our competitors are ready for this challenge!

Round 1 Matchups!

Aaron vs. Gerris
Jitt vs. Hydra
Hone vs. Sill-Vitas
Measle vs. Zykolos

**NOTE: NPC. R designates an NPC played by Rogue while an NPC. A designates an NPC played by Aero.

See the brackets Here

And without further ado, let the Tourney begin!!

Last edited by Aero on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://seroph.deviantart.com/
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons [Jitt vs. Hydra]   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 6:42 pm

Why she had volunteered to do this she'd never know, but if this meant she'd get some decent exercise and possibly some money, that was all well and good. She wondered was sort of dragon this "Jitt" was going to be, and hoped they weren't big enough to crush her with one footstep. She set one foot inside the arena and hissed. Well of all the things they chose for the arena they chose the area she did worst in, a desert!

Finally instead of walking in she got herself a little ways off the ground and flew in, hoping to keep from frying as fast while in the air. That and she also didn't want anyone to notice that she had a physical handicap i.e. her limp due to an injury in her rear left leg. "Well, let the game begin." she muttered to herself as she looked around. In a moment of curiosity she landed on the ground and immediately felt VERY miniscule. "Perhaps this wasn't my best idea after all. . ." Worse yet her opponent was likely to be arriving shortly and the anticipation was getting to her.

Last edited by ElizaFlame13 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

Female Loveliness : 1

PostSubject: Aaron vs. Gerris   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 12:56 am

Aaron had no clue why in the world he would go and agree to join a tourney. But if it would help him win the leadership of his pride, then he would roll in other dragon poop if he must. Well maybe not that. A shiver rolls down his spine at the though and wondered why he would even do that. There was something wrong with him. Walking up to the arena he looks around for his opponent. There on the other side of the battle field was a rather imposing fume dragon. "Well poop on me." Tossing his head he makes his mane fluff out more, in hopes of making himself look imposing as well.

Who am I kidding I am well over my head. Ok Aaron suck it up be a big boy, you can do this.

Aaron let out a loud roar letting all his fears, and worries into the wind. He let his claws dig into the dirt, as he tries to get a feel. He stood well enough away from the cliff. He knew he would have to do his best to stay away from it and try and keep the fume dragon on the ground. Which meant he would have to take out its wings in some way and keep it grounded otherwise it could fly around and rest. It was just his luck, to be paired against an opponent who had wings. Unlike him who was not blessed with wings of his own.
Back to top Go down
http://noxnightstalker.deviantart.com
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 2:53 pm

Hone was excited. Very very excited. Not for the money, of course not- the fact that she would be meeting new people (if but also fighting them, but they could make up and have cake afterwards)! It had only doubled as she got into the first arena, her eyes growing round like moons and crowing in delight. It was so hot! Already she could feel it bathing her scales in delicious warmness, and disregarding the opinions of everyone else already around, she dropped down onto the dusty ground, rolling over and around in the orange dirt like a bird having a sand bath. Mmm, that was good on her shoulders. She hoped her opponent would be fun, and wouldn’t immediately disregard her for starting the competition rolling around on the floor. After all, for all her silliness, she could fight still; she was an Elite for a reason.

Maybe that was why she had decided to enter this competition too? To prove to people that she could fight, if she put her mind to it. It was as good a reason as any- better? At least she wasn’t doing it for greed, like some of these others might have been. Yes, she had already decided what she would do with the prize money if she actually got it, distribute it to the poor, naturally! And hold some back for her own… requirements.

She could buy the biggest cartful of chocolate digestives with such a prize.

Shuffling onto her stomach, she spread her wings out wide to wait for her opponent, looking around the arena at the other dragons already there. This was so totally awesome!

Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 3:06 pm

Well, they certainly could have picked a better arena. Sill-Vitas sniffed, closing his eyes and letting his other senses feel out the arena, his huge claws kneading the sandy rocky terrain underneath his paws. He was used to the desert heat, but fighting for overlong out here would get him overheated fast. Right now the sun beating down on his black fur was reminiscent of home and felt delightful. However, that would soon change if he had to be out here long.

Opening his eyes once again, squinting in the glare of the sun, he saw his opponent in the middle of a cloud of dirt. Was she really…? Yes. Yes she was. He couldn't help the look of disgust that crossed his face and licked his teeth. What a fool like this was doing in the Tourney, he couldn't even fathom, but she had to have some reason to think that she could make it past the first round.

Watch for the tail. Avoid the claws. Good advice to himself. Lowering his body to the ground, Sill watched as the brightly colored lash dragon flailed around, getting comfortable in the arena. Then, with an explosion of force he took off running, launching like a black dart straight across the arena, hopping easily over rocks and obstacles that stood between him and the lash dragon. With a snarl he leapt at Hone, claws extended and aiming straight for the back of her neck. No need to mess around. Tourneys were serious business after all.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 4:10 pm

Gerris was in this simply for the opportunity to kill things. Alright, the pot and the glory did factor into it, but the fact of the matter was, Gerris didn't intend for any of his opponents to live. Taking advantage of the fact that he was winged, he made sure to sit with his back to the cliff, after taking a good look at his wingless opponent. He didn't sit as he normally did, with his tail curled around his legs resting between his forelegs. His tail was straight out behind him, his wings slightly raised. It looked as though he was ready for flight, but Gerris was ready for something completely different.

He'd spent years working on his natural ability, his 'father' Lyvas Hunt had made sure he was one deadly dragon, from battles in the sky, to battles on the ground and the well applied use of his natural talents. My winged assassin, no one expects an unwieldy dragon such as yourself to be as stealthy and clever as I've made you to be.

Oh Lyvas.

He reached up a claw to stroke the skull resting against his scales. Lyvas's downfall had been his arrogance. Gerris would not assume anything about anyone. He knew for damn sure that Lion Maned dragons were fabled to have incredible defense and offense. But could they stop breathing?

He grinned. This would be a gas.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 4:12 pm

Hone grinned at her opponent as she saw him, recognising the breed. A shade runner- well, at least he wasn’t a huge clubtail or a spine dragon! Hey, at least she wouldn’t get squished, that was always a good thing. Although, she would have to look out for his claws. Or a face-smack with one of those tails!

Little known to her, he was thinking the exact same thing in respect to herself.

She fixated on him like a cat might a mouse as he suddenly leapt into a run towards her, her muscles tensing excitedly. So they were off at once! Ooh, what fun! She pulled in her wings a little, so she was ready to put them by her sides once she was up on two legs again, then decided that actually, starting on two legs would be boring. Everyone else would be doing that.

So instead, she flipped onto her back, flicking her tail up in a curve like a scorpion and showing her claws, giving a loud bugle as he landed atop of her. She flicked one wing across her neck to protect it as Sill-Vitas went for her neck, then slapped it back out to her side again, possibly whacking the dragon in the process. That wasn’t the only attack though, and she quickly followed up with a slash from one paw, before kicking her back legs out to try and get him off her. Then they could play properly.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 4:41 pm

The huge trough of water that they had thoughtfully provided for the dragons before they began their fights was almost empty by the time Jitt withdrew his head from it with a satisfied sigh. He took a few moments to let the weight settle in his stomach before straightening to his full hulking and ungainly height and making his way over to the arena they had assigned. He couldn’t really remember why he was here or what he stood to gain from this, but he knew one thing- he wasn’t going to let himself be beaten by a girl. Pausing just next to one of the barrier mages, he yawned hugely and lazily scraped his claws together before shambling on into the arena.

Maybe the place could have been a little bigger, but it looked plenty sufficient for him to move around in. That cliff could be a pain, but he had his wings to glide down on if anything unfortunate happened. And the heat… well, no complaints about that. It was like walking into a wall of fire, with less burning, but he had always loved deserts. The sand was so dry, it never stuck to you or anything horrible like on a beach. He took advantage of it, digging his claws deep into the ground and then scraping them against the rough sand and pebbles to clean them off as he scanned the arena for his opponent.

It took him a little while to find her, a tiny blue speck amongst the tan sand and grey rocks. When he did locate her, Jitt gave a snort of disbelief. This little midget? And it called itself a dragon! He’d show it what that meant.
Still squinting at her in the distance, he began to lumber towards her- when he realised that she was folding away little blue sails. Wings. So she could fly, huh? She thought that made her so much better than him! In an instant, something inside the scythe claw snapped and he let out a bellowing roar along with a pennant of flames as he broke into a sprint, gamboling along for a few seconds before crouching and then springing into the air. With his own wings spread wide- and their puny, underdeveloped little muscles working away- he glid in a beautiful arc, eating up the distance between him and his opponent. Oh, she’d regret mocking him like this alright.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 5:05 pm

He thought for sure that Hone would move out of the way or something of that nature, but was surprised when his claws dug into feathers instead. The second of surprise was quickly put on hold when he looked up and saw that deadly tail waving just in front of his face. Sill barely even noticed the wing tap against his shoulder blade, too concentrated on the claws that had just taken a chunk of his fur out of his side and leapt away, landing with a puff of dirt and skidding to a halt with his claws dug into the ground, carving deep furloughs into the shifty soil. He hissed, feeling the breeze near his ribs where his fur had come out and darted back in toward Hone, taking a false swipe at her side before leaping back again and to the side, putting his real effort into clawing at the base of her tail. If he could get that nuisance out of the way, maybe making a concentrated effort at disabling the rest of the lash dragon wouldn’t be quite so perilous.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 7:15 pm

Hone relaxed her claws as she got a swipe in at Sill’s shoulder, letting the fur fall to the ground and scrambling round onto four paws, before standing up to her full height and ruffling her wings back to her sides again. A few feathers fell to the ground, and she swept them away with a light wind from her swishing tail.
“Well then, we’re gaarn t’have a play, yeah? This’ll be geet fun!” She grinned, her eyes wide and lit up with excitement. “I’m so excited!” She couldn’t help but announce it to the world, if it wasn’t already obvious.

She leapt to the side as he feinted with one paw, spinning on the spot so fast she put one front paw on the ground, bouncing her back end around a bit further with this extra touch-point. “Boing, boing!” She felt Sill’s claws scrape across her scales, and let her knees bend a little more to avoid anything more than a scratch, before straightening to her full height again and stopping her spin away from the shade runner, reversing it into a whip back towards him, tail swishing around in an arc. She tipped the sharp blade at the end to one side slightly though; she didn’t want to cut him in half! A bruise or a cut was much more manageable, and anyway, she still wanted to play. This wasn’t hardly started yet!
“Watch out, movin’ object comin’ y’way!”

It was one of her quirks, that had put off opponents in the past; her constant chatter, especially inane during fighting, could sometimes serve as a distraction. People seemed to get quite put off by random questions and then her insane giggling. It was fathomless to her why.

Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:15 pm

Was… was she mocking him? Though satisfied that he had at least scored a small hit on her tail, Sill felt like the exuberant Hone was laughing at his very serious attempts to beat her. It annoyed the hell out of him, and the displeasure clearly showed on his face. Before he could get properly angry at the lash dragon however, he was forced to crouch and jump backwards or else risk having his side bashed in. As it was, the lash's bladed tail came perilously close to his nose.

He landed a few feet away from Hone, staring at the brightly colored dragon like she had grown a second head as she continued to giggle. "Are you insane?!" He yelled at her, his ruff rising in irritation, all three of his tails poofing up slightly so that they were larger than normal. The snarl on his face wouldn't go away now, irritated as he was, exposing his sharp pointy little teeth. "Go ahead! Underestimate me! I dare you!" He took a leaping run straight at the lash dragon, veering at the last second to make a tight half circle around Hone's right side and took a swipe at her ankles, letting his motion carry him past his intended target.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:11 pm

Hone finished her twirl neatly, managing to not actually stumble or fall over. It had taken her quite a few training practises to do it! It was another matter of keeping her balance when she actually hit something with her tail though, and an altogether much more difficult task. But this time, it was easy.
“Well,” she said through her giggles, trying to sound sincere, “Norm’lly people call me crazy first, then it’s a bit o’ a scale, y’see, crazy, mad, barmy, nuts, an’ then insane. Y’kinda jumped all o’them other ones!” She giggled more, grinning. “You’re a new one, f’that!”

He looked quite fierce with all his tails puffed up like an angry cat, and the smile faded slightly on her face, lips pouting. “Aw, don’tcha look at me like tha’, it ain’t so bad!” She reached with her paws to pull a smile using them, but Sill leapt back into action and she didn’t have time. His side-swipe took her by surprise, and he caught her right leg, setting her off balance and making her stagger heavily to one side. “Well ahreet then, le’s gar!” she crowed, bouncing back onto balance and pouncing after the shade runner, chasing his tails and snapping at them when she got near.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:30 pm

Hone probably got a good chunk of the fur out of one of his tails, and Sill yelped when he felt the hair pull away, the slight pain goading him to leap away at a run. She really was nuts! Maybe that's why she had entered this competition. Likely, someone just dared her to come and risk her life and she'd done it for the promise of something shiny. Like a rock. Or something. At this point, he wouldn't put it past the Hone. But attacking her ankles had apparently galvanized the brightly colored lash into actual combat, and an idea occurred. Well, maybe he could wear her out.

Purposefully he ran slower than his maximum speed, looking over his shoulder periodically to see if the Lash could keep up with him. "Well come on then you barmy eyesore! Betcha can't catch me!" As if to prove a point he leapt over a bolder that came up to his chest, flicking his tails as he went over the obstruction.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:54 pm

Hone huffed through her nose as she grabbed another handful of fur, tossing it into the air behind her and shouting forwards to Sill, “Sorry, you’ll have t’see t’healers after this, aye? We can gar t’gether, an’ then we can do some proper talkin’. I don’t want t’make y’bald though.” She let him speed away from her, dropping back to catch her breath. Short bursts were okay, but running full out for a while was tiring. She would need chocolate digestives after all this, to give her more energy! Although, Sill wasn’t too hard to keep up with, and she managed to stay a few paces behind him until the boulder he leapt over, which she instead chose to scramble up the side of, pausing at the top.

“Hey, wait up a minute, y’don’t wanna gar too far thataways. There’s this line jus’ there,” she pointed to where the cliff broke off the arena, “an’ then it’s all nothin’ness.” She patted her paws against the warm rock underfoot, then looked around and back to the direction they had come in. There were a few more dragons around now, which was very exciting! “Hey, we’ll gar back thissn way, aye?” She turned around and bounced off the rock, then thinking to surprise the shade runner, crouched down behind the rock, ready to scare him if he came back over the top again.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons [Jitt vs. Hydra]   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 3:03 am

"Just my luck they pit me against someone who does well in the heat, huh? You must be Jitt, I'm Hydra." Proper introductions always came first, but it seemed he'd gotten a bug up his snout or some rubbish and he charged her. On impulse she took to the air to avoid the flames. There was a reason she stayed in the air, her bad back leg. If he knew she had that kind of weakness he'd take out her wings in no time flat. Taking him down from the ground was simply out of the question. Seeing as he couldn't properly fly she'd simply have to dive bomb him and hopefully get enough skin contact to freeze him.

"Now what have I done to make you dislike me so much?" She tried to maneuver around him and get to his back so she could take out his only source of aerial movement, but dragons that mainly stayed on the ground knew how to cover weak points, she knew that from spending time in forests and not being able to fly everywhere. Many people, animals and humans alike, typically considered her to be a hatchling. Wrong on SO many levels. She was a skilled hunter and after nearly 17 of gaining experience she could handle almost anything, or so she thought. She'd never fought a scythe claw before, but apparently they couldn't fly, only glide, so that made things a "little" easier and a "lot" more interesting.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 3:59 pm

Sill trotted to a stop when he realized that Hone was no longer following after him, now only a few yards away from the gaping mouth of the cliff. He looked over his shoulder just in time to watch her disappear back behind the bolder and snorted, his tails twitching in annoyance. Was she even aware that she was in a tournament, or was this all one huge game to her? Aggravated, he trotted back toward the rock to try and find where the lash dragon had gotten off to in the arena since he didn't see her anywhere. Sill was almost halfway around the boulder when he stopped up short, ears twitting. He paused with one paw in the air and closed his eyes, his other senses fanning out. It was then that he felt Hone's heart thumping, the sensitive whiskers on the back of his head picking up the slight electromagnetic signal that all living animals gave off.

He backed up, opening his eyes again and ranged out a little further from the rock before coming around the other side and seeing the lash dragon's bright hide. "Soooo, are we gonna fight, or what?" He asked, not even bothering to keep from sounding exasperated.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 6:31 pm

It was strange to think that after all the time he’d spent fighting, he’d never actually had to fear for his life before. Of course he’d had to take care of the odd little thing, but the truth was that stationed up north in Yarrowitz, he didn’t see a lot of action. Now though, everything was different. Maybe it wasn’t kill or be killed like in a war, but there was a definite possibility of death happening in these fights. Well, it wasn’t going to be him. He wouldn’t let his patrol leader down like that. He was going to make her proud.

Down on all fours, Zykolos bounded lightly up to boundary of the arena and paused there, rising to his hind legs to take it all carefully in and assessing the landscape. Well, it didn’t look too bad. That cliff could definitely be used to his advantage if his opponent was non-flying, and maybe even if they did have wings. It shouldn’t present a problem to him, anyway. The ground looked nice and firm, good to move on. Maybe a few little tripping hazards, but if he couldn’t work around those then he deserved to lose. The only thing which seemed like it could be a problem was the climate. Hot and dry, he was guessing. Hot was something he was used to, but it was the cloying, smothering humidity of the rainforest rather than a desert. But there was nothing he could do now except brave it out. At least he was better prepared than some of the others would have been. He wasn’t sure how much his opponent would know about sword dragons, so he folded his wings tightly into his back and tried to get the feathers to blend into his scales. More than once before people had seen his semi-humanoid frame and simply assumed that he had no wings, not even bothering to notice them after that. And it was something he could use to his advantage.

Bracing himself, Zykolos tweaked his tail so that the sword which made up a good deal of its length was loose in the sheath he wore strapped between his wings, and then stepped into the arena. As he had expected, the heat hit him at once- but it wasn’t as bad as he had imagined. True, the air was dry and stale in his mouth, but it was easy to breathe, unlike back in the rainforest. He took another few moments to accustom himself to the environment, before beginning to walk slowly further into the arena. He didn’t use all four limbs- he never knew whether to call his upper two legs or arms, seeing as they did all the jobs of both- again trying to keep the true extent of his abilities hidden from his opponent. After all, humans weren’t exactly the best born fighters, and if the other dragon just assumed he was as weak as one in all respects other than having a sword built in, then the element of surprise would win the fight for him.

Last edited by Artemis on Sat May 05, 2012 9:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 7:45 pm

Measle walked uncertainly into the arena, absorbing the scene quickly and looking for hazards. He was used to doing this sort of survey – he always had to make sure that places were Jackdaww-proof, so it only took him a few seconds to make a mental note of the cliff off to his left, and the slightly uneven ground. It was too warm for his liking, but not intolerable, so the next big problem would be his opponent.

Speak of the devil. He caught sight of the dragon in question standing across the arena. It had a vaguely humanoid shape, and didn’t /look/ like it had wings, so Measle relaxed a little. However, it was clear already that the other dragon was taller than him, so he would have to use everything he had to keep the match even. He closed his eyes for a second, focusing, and his black scales exploded into life – tiny sparks of electricity dancing across his whole surface. Now any physical blows thrown at him would earn his opponent a shock, which Measle hoped would give him an edge. It would sap his strength sustaining it - that was certain, but not unbearably. He was sure he could sustain it for the battle, easily. It was the long range attacks that would be harder.

Not wasting any time, he gave a roar, and sent a roughly fist-sized energy ball flying in the direction of his opponent. His magic was weaker than he would have liked it to be, and he was trying to save his energy, but he hoped that it would be enough to distract his opponent. He lowered his head so the longer spines on his head were pointed forwards, and charged, letting out a cracking roar as he chased the ball of lightning he had released seconds before.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 10:11 pm

Holding herself still and quiet enough for the length of time it would take for Sill to get back to her was a struggle for Hone, and she had to put a claw to her mouth to keep herself quiet after a few seconds, reminding herself not to jump up and ask whether he was back again yet. No, no, that wasn’t the game, she would wait for him and then…

“Hey, y’aint supposed t’come out there!” she exclaimed as he appeared from around the side of the rock, her ears flicking back against her head in disappointment. She had been looking forward to jumping him, it was one of the best things to do, scaring people like that. “Y’were supposed t’jump over t’top.” She huffed out a breath, then the sulky look on her face suddenly turned into a mischievous grin. “Y’wanna play like tha’ then? Ahreet…”

She suddenly leapt forwards, snapping sideways at his right ear with her teeth, before sending out a pair of hooked paws, like a kangaroo might, ready to whack him a couple of times around the head, one with each front leg. “Let’s PLAY!”
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 10:53 pm

"So sorry to burst your bubble…" Sill muttered under his breath, somehow still astounded that the flighty dragon could find amusement in all of this. There really was something wrong with her brain if- ACK!

Sill jerked backwards in time to keep his ear from getting bit off, but wasn't quick enough on the jaw to avoid a smack in the face from Hone as she leapt at him. He ducked, eye watering from the sudden pain in his jaw and opened and closed his mouth experimentally a couple of times. That. Bitch. With a snarl Sill snapped his teeth together and leapt sideways and forward, swiping at Hone's ankles with his large claws. He was properly angry now and was fully intent on damaging Hone as much as possible, his tails now fluffed up significantly. Some might call it reckless, but then again, he didn’t particularly care. He just wanted the stupid lash dragon to curl up and beg for forgiveness for damaging his beautiful fur coat, especially the very bald part of the end of his tail. That was just downright cruel.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:30 pm

Hone lightly steadied herself with her front paws on the ground as she smacked Sill around the face, pushing herself back to two paws almost instantly and twirling on the spot, flicking her tail over his head- it missed, as he was already jumping forwards, long claws outstretched. She squealed and, not wanting to get her legs slashed, did the only thing that seemed sensible at the time- she leapt forwards, bouncing high into the air and launching herself over Sill’s back. His claws scratched across her feet, scoring long red lines into the tops of her feet, but at least she still had feet… She lost her balance as she landed, tumbling onto the ground and throwing dust into her fresh cuts, which made them sting worse than just the air.

Nevertheless, she wasn’t going to stay down from just a couple of cuts, bouncing right up to her feet again and turning back to Sill, behind him again. She hadn’t leapt right over him, more to the side, which put her at a good spot to attack again. With a squawk, she dashed back towards the shade runner, jumping at his side with her claws outstretched, like a wolf might take down a big piece of prey.
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 1:52 am

Aaron noted the skull on the other dragon, he had the sinking suspicion he may not survive the fight. He would do his best to survive for the sake of his pride. Though they didn’t need the gold, it could always be used one way or another. With a sigh he begins to advance, he might as well get it over with. Like ripping a band-aid off –whatever those were.

Aaron tried his best to keep away from the cliff, he knew doing a full out charge would be suicide cause his winged opponent would just take off and he would go off the cliff. Even though he was feline in some aspects there was no way he would land on his feet if he dove off.

His claws click on the rocks as he advances his posture low as he stalks Gerris. This was no grasslands like he was used to. He just hopes the Fume would do something besides sit there.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 6:09 am

The mental aspect of the game was often overlooked. It was demoralizing for an opponent to sit so poised and wait for his foe to come to him. Gerris, fully versed in the ways of intimidation and posturing didn't move an inch, didn't seem to acknowledge the Lion-Maned. Pathetic as it was, the thing was attempting to stalk him with no grass to hide behind.

It was just the two of them and that cliff.

He was tempted to talk, but Lyvas had taught him that silence had more power.

Within closed jaws brewed a potent poison gas designed to attack the bodily functions of the pre-deceased. He had but to flex his body and the gas would come forth from glands just underneath his scales. He decided to leave the gas colorless and odorless, all the more to confuse his opponent.

After all, for what he intended, the gas would work in a manner that shut down the victim's ability to control his functions. Excessive drooling, tearing and snot was the first stage. Second stage was restricted breathing and cramping of the muscles. Third stage was convulsions and ultimately death. All in the span of one minute.
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 1:50 am

Aaron stayed low for another reason, he knew that Fumes had many ways to attack but one of them was their breath. His father had taught him as much as he knew of their other cousins and what their main weapons they would use. He hoped that staying low he would also be close to clear air. He was beginning to get agitated by the nonchalant posture the fume was taking with him. He couldn’t understand why the other dragon would not get up and fight him.

He could hear the roars of the other combatants fighting in the other battle grounds. He wondered when they would soon hear noises from theirs.

He tried to use the small amount of fur on his body to tell him when he was up wind of the fume dragon. Aaron figured it would be the best place for him so at least if the dragon did use his breath he may be just out of range. He hoped.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 5:53 pm

Gerris wondered what the Lion Maned was up to. Crouching as low as it was, it didn't think it'd be close to clean air did it? He wondered exactly how little it knew of his kind. The gas would penetrate the area total to the height of Gerris himself. The only way to beat the fumes was to be able to fly, not that Gerris couldn't be precise about where he issued his fumes.

The breeze was blowing gently against his back. Gerris was smart enough to make sure he was downwind for this battle. It was essential for the maximum damage his fumes could cause.

He gestured with a claw, beckoning the Lion Maned. Gestured over his shoulder at the cliff, smirking, covering the flex of his muscles used to release the odorless, colorless gas designed to attack his opponent's control over his bodily functions.

The fumes in his mouth he decided to make highly toxic.

This was quite posibly the most boring battle to take place. He was quite sure that the Kaionarians would be disappointed. They'd expected something extravagant with one of their own, Gerris, Lyvas Hunt's 'son', and a Lion Maned, one of the most physically formidable fighters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next