Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons

Go down 
+3
Nyx
Eliza
Aero
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 11:04 am

It didn’t seem like his haste was entirely necessary. When Zykolos glanced back over his shoulder to check on his opponent’s progress, he was spiralling down gradually without any apparent rush. Well, that suited him fine; he levelled out over the water, folded his wings away and fell into the water, taking a breath as he did so.

Immediately, he felt much more relaxed and focused. The heat wasn’t an issue when he was submerged, and dragons were so dependent on magic that having water nearby made a noticeable difference to him. He’d never realised that before; interesting. Well, this tactic suited him, anyway. He flipped himself round to stand up in the water, which came about halfway up his chest, and located the other dragon in time to hear that roar. He could see the sparks crackling up the lightning storm’s throat to bounce around his teeth, making something of an alarming display. Zykolos was willing to bet that bite would be even worse than the last.

While he was loath to leave the water, which soothed his wound and generally gave him a feeling of wellbeing and strength, he knew he would have to in order to entice Measle over. Fanning his wings again, he rose from the pond and shook himself off in midair- good thing he was scaly, and his feathers nice and oily, the extra weight of water wouldn’t help him fly- before swooping round close to his opponent. He didn’t make an actual attack, instead swinging his sword in a loop past that scaly black nose before soaring back to the pond. He was prepared to keep taunting the lightning storm until he got them both in the water- it would only mean good things for his side of the fight.

~*~

That slight jarring on the back of his head could only mean one thing; sure enough as the little one swerved round in front of him he could confirm it. The slice on her chest had clearly been caused by his dagger-like horns, and he hadn’t even been trying. Kudos to her for reminding him about those extra weapons!

When she suddenly started limping her way around his legs, he panicked once more.
Nononononono he chanted in her head, doing his best to hop away. Thankfully, that ice hadn’t spread to most of his hindquarters, and so he did all he could to hurt and deter her now; he jumped around trying to spear her with the talons which grew out of his heels, smaller echoes of his scythes. They might not be as big, but they were definitely as sharp. And as she passed before his face, he let out another rumble of fire- but bizarrely, it began to sputter out and die away after only a few seconds. No more magic for a bit, hm? Well, he’d have to defend himself with his feet alone, then. Trembling all over, he stared wildly down at the tiny thing which was doing its best to kill him. Why, why, why? What had he ever done to it? He would’ve left it alone if it hadn’t attacked him!

Ooc: Sorry, I kinda forgot Jitt can only speak mentally >.> Thought I'd better tell you Smile

Last edited by Artemis on Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:58 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 11:13 am

Hone choked as Sill bit his teeth into her neck, furiously kicking and clawing away at his belly. He wouldn’t like that too much now, would he- the only problem was she had to stay awake long enough for him to back off again. It was hard, and she opened her mouth wide to try and get some air in, but it wasn’t working until he fell sideways, giving her precious oxygen. She gasped, using the motion of her tail swiping against the shade runner’s side to push herself onto her front, standing to four paws and huffing for breath, her ears fluttering wildly. Wow, that had been a close one. It was time for a comment, but she was still too out of breath. Blood dripped down her front, staining her dusty purple scales a dark black.

She looked over at Sill, looking as battered as she now felt, then jumped sideways as he lunged at her again, rising up to her back paws. His bite fell short, almost getting her front leg, but she swiped it out of the way, bearing her teeth at him. A little dust made a cloud behind him as he moved, and it suddenly gave her an idea. She spun away from him in another twirl, like she was about to attack him with her tail again, but instead of aiming up, she aimed down, scraping the length of her blade on the ground, then flicking all the dust, dirt and pebbles up into the shade runner’s face, before twisting herself back the other way to deliver a backhanded blow with her blade.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 7:44 pm

Measle snapped at Zykolos as he flew past, almost taunting him with that silly sword-tail. It annoyed him, but as the sword dragon looped back towards the water, he noticed something. The sword dragon seemed happy in water: Measle was not happy in water. Clearly the sword dragon had made the same connection. Darn it all, Measle thought to himself, taking a few slow, angry steps forward. He hoped he could avoid being in the water for too long – he didn’t want to zap himself with a stray spark. He loosed another ball of lightning, aiming for the water itself in the hope that electrifying the liquid would spark the sword dragon, before continuing to advance, wary of the water.

“Stop fluttering about and fight, will you?” Measle growled, the scales down his back rising just a little in an aggressive manner. It made him look a little bit bigger too – a feature that Measle really /did/ need. He just hoped that he could build up a bit more genuine aggression soon – that should even the odds a little bit against his clearly more trained opponent.

Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 5:07 pm

While he was there, Zykolos dipped his face briefly into the water and sucked in several gulps of it. No point in letting himself get dehydrated; gods knew it would be easy enough in this wasteland. There wasn’t a lot of time to waste, though, and he didn’t dare look away for more than a second or two. When he looked up, the lightning storm was advancing on him in a slow, purposeful kind of way. Evidently some kind of attack was coming- and Zykolos was ready when the missile flew out at him, shooting up out of the water straight away. He would be perfectly happy not to get hit again, thank you.

“It’s a little difficult for me to get around without fluttering, thanks to you,” he snarled. One thing he hadn’t thought of was the water preventing his wound from clotting, which it certainly had. Blood still trickled out from the injury, if slower than it had before, and the sword dragon could feel himself weakening. Not to mention that the pain was a real- well, a real pain. Apparently there were highly skilled healers on hand for the winners of fights before they headed on to the next round, so with a bit of luck this leg wouldn’t continue to be a problem. He circled through the air once, waiting until he was directly over his opponent before diving into Measle with his sword in hand and aimed down at the crack in the neck which he had already made.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 5:34 pm

Measle gave a semi-light-hearted snarl in response to Zykolos’ comment, not wanting to say anything. It was true, he had dealt the sword dragon quite a substantial wound there, and he still couldn’t quite work out it that was a one-up for him, or if it had just made the battle harder on both of them. He also didn’t seem to have that much time to waste – seconds later the sword dragon was in the air above him, with that terrible sword pointed at him. Measle had no desire to get decapitated with this blow, and tried to roll, protecting his cracked scales at least. However, he caught the attack across the base of his neck on the other side, the trailing blade hitting his shoulder too, opening another line of cracked scales, with a mid-depth cut underneath. Now both sides of his neck felt like fire, and he wasn’t happy about it. With a roar, he reared up on his hind legs, swatting at Zykolos with his claws in an attempt to pull the sword dragon out of the sky. He hadn’t been angry before, but now he was, the blood running down his neck and shoulder reminding him that he had come to the tourney to fight. He opened his wings to chase the sword dragon into the air, determined to et in another blow to make up for the pain rushing through his shoulder. That leg would probably be no more useful than Zykolos’ injured one, which was a nightmare.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 25

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:34 am

Damnation! There went his chance, jumping out of the way and beyond his reach. His jaws snapped closed furiously, a growl rumbling low in his throat and all throughout his chest to vocalize his rather potent irritation at the whole situation. It didn't help at all that the next thing that happened to him was receiving a face full of sand, straight in his eyes.

Sill hissed and sputtered, wildly flailing backwards and pawing at his face to get the dirt out from his eyes. The movement saved him from getting a bladed tail to the side of the jaw, but he couldn't open his eyes. He tried once and the stinging sensation that hit his gritty eyes made him instantly regret it. Hobbling backwards on his one good back leg, Sill's tails twitched raptly with irritation, flicking the dirt. Well, if he couldn't see, then it wouldn't be any fair for Hone to either. The only difference was that even though he couldn't see with his eyes, he could make due with his other senses. Who knew if the Lash could say the same?

Still retreating with his eyes stinging and other senses opening up to compensate for his sudden blindness, Sill threw dirt in the air with his foreclaws, flicking the sandy soil in the direction that he felt the Lash dragon in. His three tails swept the ground behind him, stirring up the dirt into a huge cloudy mess and he prepared for the next attack.
Back to top Go down
http://seroph.deviantart.com/
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 6:41 pm

Hone couldn’t help it, Sill looked silly, hopping backwards and trying to get dirt out of his eyes- so she laughed. A wide grin spread back over her face and she paused, tipping her head slightly to one side. “Y’look real silly, hoppin’ round like tha’,” she said, finding her voice again. So, her attack had missed, but hey, that was okay! She pawed at the slice across her chin, taking a slight break while the shade runner was otherwise distracted. But still, not too long a break. She jumped forwards, getting closer again, but not going at him with her tail. That would be un— oh! She got a full faceful of dirt as he pulled the same move on her, flicking her head fins close to her cheeks as dust swirled into the air, but still getting coated in it.

“Hey, that ain’t fair, I jus’ did tha’!” she squawked, scrabbling out with her claws in Sill’s direction. She couldn’t quite see either now, her eyes squinting shut when she tried to open them. “Y’copycat!” She swiped out at him again, then jumped in the direction he had been before, hoping to tackle him to the ground, then sit on him.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 25

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:09 pm

"Don't laugh you damned crazy dragon!" Sill hissed under his breath, still stirring up the sand behind him and flicking dirt in the air with his front claws, his eyes still stinging from getting a face full of the stuff but he had now stopped trying to correct the situation. He grinned when he heard some of the dirt impact with Hone's face, feeling rather proud of himself for returning the favor. This whole situation was just a perfect example of why mothers always told their kids to never throw sand.

He felt Hone's claws come dangerously close to the tip of his nose and tried to skitter sideways when she leapt forward at him. His injured shoulder prevented a full retreat and the Lash dragon collided with his good shoulder. Immediately he swung his head with jaws wide open, clawing at the dirt for purchase as he went to bite Hone's neck again. He would only get a spit second's worth of chance for this because the collision stringed his bad should enough that he very nearly fell sideways at the impact.
Back to top Go down
http://seroph.deviantart.com/
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

Female Loveliness : 1

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 1:58 am

Ouch that really hurt. So did the hit with the other dragons tail. His whole body ached, he needed to move. But nothing would work. He knew it then he was finished and he was ashamed that he had let his pride and especially his father down. Aaron rubs the side of his face against his broken front leg, the drool wetting scale and fur. He could not even tell if the tears that leaked from his eyes were from the disappointment in himself or from something else.
With a growl he begins to raise, his body protesting the whole time. I can’t let them down I have to keep fighting. He snaps at the other dragons tail. He will take his pound of flesh if he must bite by bite before he dies. Because he didn’t think he would win the fight against a foe who could and probably would evade him.
Back to top Go down
http://noxnightstalker.deviantart.com
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 2:25 am

Gerris rolled his eyes and exuded a toxic gas. "It's better than you deserve, really, I mean, you leapt off the cliff, not that you were going to live much longer. I'm a fume dragon, in case you weren't aware. I've gassed you multiple times. Your death might actually be really painful, but it's shorter than living your entire life filled with shame. You are the dumbest of your species" he said and turned his back on the downed dragon, walking away from it. The monitors of the game had to be sadistic, to allow him this much time with a dying competitor. He smiled. So very much like Kaionar, his home town, the city of rats.

He languidly waved his tail back and forth, back and forth. Pleased with himself, he decided maybe he deserved to be pampered a bit. Have himself washed thoroughly, dried well, his scales oiled maybe. See to it that all his glands were functioning. Check his teeth. Ah there was a list of things to take care of, and he had time now. After all, the other bouts were hardly done, if the roars of other competitors was anything to go by.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons [Jitt vs. Hydra]   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 7:00 pm

Fight to survive. If she gave half an inch with this guy she'd be dead in a nanosecond. The way he kept at her with those talons on his feet, there was no way she was getting close to them. Looks like it was back up in the air for her despite the flaming pain in her right wing. On takeoff she paused to look at where she was going, and realized that if she wanted to incapacitate her opponent she'd have to take out the use of his legs. What a conundrum, the most lethal part of him at the moment was still functional!

Getting in too far back from his neck would mean if he got his fire back she'd be scorched. So, instead, she dove in and started trying to rip at him with her claws. It wasn't very practical but it served its purpose. Her chances of getting through this fight alive went up the more injury she inflicted, but she herself had a good few scrapes and burns as well. It would just be a matter of who fell first.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 10:50 am

Shaking her head from side to side and blinking open her eyes as much as she could, Hone tried to get the dust and dirt out of her eyes, but it wasn’t really working. Not enough for her to start seeing yet, that was for sure, because she was quite surprised when she rammed into Sill’s side. She yelped and tried to bring her front paws up to stop herself from falling over, but it was all a bit of a mess and she managed to lose her footing anyway, her feet skating backwards out of control. She squealed, flapping her wings around. A few of her feathers got in the way of Sill’s bite as he went at her neck, pinning her wing at a strange angle next to her face- but it saved her a full bite, which she would have been thankful for, had she been able to see him through her fronds of feathers.

“Leggo!” she said, squealing louder as she fell into him, feet really at the wrong angle to keep her upright. She swiped sideways with her tail, trying to keep her footing, but it was a bit of an impossible feat.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 4:46 pm

Even though he hadn’t caught Measle where he had hoped, it was still a pretty nasty wound that he struck and Zykolos felt a wave of triumph at his success. It was unfortunate that it was so short-lived, really; he saw the lightning storm jump up at him and tried to beat his wings faster, tried to get away.
He didn’t manage it. The claws closed around his leg, catching on the tiny, rough scales and dragging him from the air. He tumbled messily to the ground, saved from hitting it hard enough to really hurt only by the parachute of his still-spread wings.

Pride had him straight back up, keeping to a low crouch and using his arms as extra legs for the time being- maybe he still couldn’t move too well, but it helped with the issue of his crippled leg. Bounding forwards, he set his sights on that wide canopy of wing. Maybe it wouldn’t be much of an issue while they were fighting on the ground, but it he could take out his opponent’s flight then it would be a real advantage to him. After nearly falling over once, unused to this new and uneven manner of moving, he came close enough and sprang upwards, twisting on his good foot to kick up and at the bright blue wings of the lightning storm. As he did so he swung his tail back into his hand and made an attempt at stabbing it through the membrane of the wings, trying to ensure maximum damage as he passed over the other dragon’s back.
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

Female Loveliness : 1

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 12:26 am

Aaron groans. “I am aware that you are a Fume.” Aaron didn’t care what the other dragon thought of him. He knew he was done for. His body began to fail him. There was a darkness creeping into his vision, and his heart felt like it would beat out of his chest. With a groan he laid there waiting for the end. At lest his father would not see him and how he met his end. Sad as it is. With a deep breath that rattled in his chest the darkness swallowed his vision and the air slowly left his lunges. Was not a fitting end to the son of a pride leader but not all lives end happily. Not many end with old age, sometimes they just end on a bad choice. But then who knows maybe is he didn't enter the games he would have helped against the invaders. Or he would be the one to tip the scales for the dragon horde to win the island. Such is life, never knowing what is or what could have been.

Last edited by Nyx on Sat May 19, 2012 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://noxnightstalker.deviantart.com
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 11:58 am

Measle grunted in satisfaction as he managed to make contact with the rough, scaly legs of his opponent, dragging the sword back to the ground. However, that small triumph left him distracted, and the sword dragon’s kick caught the underside of his wing painfully, near the armpit. He gave a muted roar, his wing flexing inwards to save itself from a broken bone. Measle tried to snap at Zykolos’ legs as he leapt over him again, but soon realised that he was still in danger. He snapped his wing in, in an attempt to save the precious membrane, but didn’t quite make it. The motion of pulling his wing to ‘safety’ just dragged it across the blade with more force. The membrane wasn’t quite fully pierced, but it opened a huge, angry red line across Measle’s entire wing. He gave a roar and intensified the lightning-shield to discharge some of the energy clinging to him, sending it out in an ever-widening sphere in order to attack the wretched sword dragon wherever he had gotten to, before sagging slightly. Bloody hell, that had taken a lot of energy – Measle was unlikely to be able to use any for a while. It was all he could do to keep up the small coating of lightning over his scales, and even that wouldn’t be strong enough to do any real damage.

Spinning his body around, with his injured wing folded in tightly, he grabbed for the sword dragon with his front paws, trying to pin him down so that neither of them could take off. If he could grab Zykolos, he could try to get under that sword again to do some real damage.

Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 5:27 pm

Just as the muscles in his feet began to burn from repeated exertion, Jitt realised that the little dragon was whizzing past him into the air. Scrabbling to pivot as best he could on the spot, he tried once again to belch fire at her. No such luck; all that happened was a deep heat warming his insides, loosening his muscles enough to return most of his mobility. He didn’t hesitate in the brief second of opening he got, shooting out his front legs to slash at Hydra with his claws. All set to keep attacking, he twisted to do so- but with the thawed muscles came thawed nerves. The pain of his wounds kicked in abruptly, and he shrieked in pain, abandoning his attack to flee. As he went, Hydra’s claws caught and ripped several long gashes along his back, as well as a few lacerations in his wings. Rather than sparking any aggressive spirit, they just made him run all the faster- run for his life, run away from her, runrunrun. Any idea of going on the offensive had fled his head head now, the scythe claw just wanting to get away.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons [Jitt vs. Hydra]   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 9:53 pm

When the other dragon started to run away she jumped back off of him and held her position in the air. "Wait. . .Does this mean I win the battle?" Still keeping her guard up she glanced around and finally settled on the baking earth with what sounded like a sizzle. Oh how she hated that sound! Again she took to the air and landed by the pool of water to get a drink. Something told her she wasn't quite out of danger and her tail lashed back and forth in anticipation.

Minutes later she settled in the bottom of the pond and relaxed at the familiar chill seeping through her burns. 'Much better.' she thought with a silent sigh. Something about icy water just made her feel at home. Something above the water made her flinch, and she remembered that her opponent would likely be back to try and kill her for the wounds she'd inflicted on him earlier. She crawled out of the pond and shook off some of the ice before sniffing around.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 11:31 am

After running for about a minute, Jitt became slowly aware that his pursuer was nowhere to be seen. Spinning and staring around, he confirmed this in his mind and his thoughts began to trickle in a different direction. It only took him a few moments to convince himself that revenge was the only option.

Adopting a stealthy attitude, he dropped to all four legs and bounded over to the cliff edge near which they had been fighting previously. Once he peered over the precipice, he quickly located a little blue speck sitting at the bottom of a pool of water. There was no pause for logical thought as he launched himself off the cliff, aiming for his opponent.

Unfortunately, his wings weren’t quite as intact as usual, and so there was a distinct lack of grace or control in his descent- instead of gliding, he half-tumbled, his wings stopping the fall from harming him still, but the rips in the membrane still making an impact. He crash-landed straight in the middle of the pond, causing a huge splash and digging his claws deep into the riverbed below- or any unfortunate dragons who had been caught there. Tearing them free and leaping away, he looked wildly around for Hydra and, drawing up all the power he could, belched out a stream of fire over her. His wounds were agonising, but that only served to make him more crazed and aggressive- the blood loss wasn’t yet an issue, seeing as he was so big. As well as that, despite the wounds being defrosted, the blood was clotting anyway.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:27 pm

The catch and drag of his sword biting on Measle’s wing cued Zykolos to beat his wings faster, propelling himself away so that he wasn’t caught again. But his efforts were futile- in a burst of power he hadn’t known his opponent was capable of, a wall of electricity expanded to envelop him in its glow. In a way, it was a shame he couldn’t admire its rather attractive appearance- but he was too busy for that, sent tumbling to the ground by the force of the blow, where the remainder of the electricity was free to shock him. All he could do was thank the gods that he had been airborne when the lightning had struck, otherwise he was sure he’d be in a much worse condition. As it was, his muscles seemed to be rebelling, and he was having real trouble getting himself back together. You’re meant to be an elite, he reminded himself fiercely. You’ll never be fully qualified if you’re this weak! Threatening himself seemed to work, along with a little time to recover slightly; he managed to stir himself and began to sit up, trying not to whimper, but before he’d made any real progress he was slammed back to the ground by Measle pouncing.

Logic fleeing his mind for a moment, he let out a panicked yowl and thrashed, trying in vain to throw the lightning storm off his chest. The dragon’s claws hadn’t quite punctured his finely scaled skin, but there were shallow scratches where they had torn along his scales and dislodged a few. He knew that he was in a vulnerable position where he was; he had managed to turn on his side and get a wing between himself and Measle, but his neck was still exposed. At least he hadn’t landed on his tail. Lunging up, Zykolos snapped at his opponent , weaving his nose about the black, scaly face, to distract him as he tugged one arm free and shot it out with his claws aimed directly at the lightning storm’s eyes. As he attacked, he used his good leg, his other arm and his wings in an attempt to roll them over so that he was in the advantageous position- or at least free himself by pushing Measle off.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 7:52 pm

With Zykolos on his back Measle felt almost safe. He bared his teeth and went in to attack, but the sword dragon was too quick for him. He drew the attack short as his opponent’s nose appeared in his face and blinked. As he opened his eyes, he noticed the claws flying at him. Turning his head to defend himself he squeezed his eyes shut as fast as he could, but the strike caught his left eyelid, drawing two deep scratched. Giving a crackling howl he pulled back, trying to blink, but the cuts made it difficult to open his eye. He struck downward, blindly trying to grip onto Zykolos, but the larger sword dragon managed to roll him over onto his side. Measle just hoped he had enough of a grip to keep his opponent in contact to stop him getting away and taking flight again.

Turning his head so he could rely on his right eye and keep his left closed (for the cuts on his eyelid were streaming blood, meaning he couldn’t see even if he did open that eye), Measle gave a hiss and tried to bite Zykolos’ shoulder, scrabbling with his front paws in an attempt to pull the sword dragon back over onto the ground.

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 6:40 pm

Stealth didn't seem to be this dragon's forte, but then again a partially flightless dragon that's almost totally grounded against a dragon in flight is a disadvantage to the grounded dragon. To Hydra that just about leveled the playing field considering the size difference between her and him. She flew around him trying to find a safe place to strike from, and the only thing she could think of was to go after his neck and head. One other thing she needed to remember was to not use her teeth unless totally necessary, seeing as she'd cause frostbite.

For now she'd make do with clawing him up as best she could without getting shredded to ribbons. She went after his tail and tried to rip it to pieces, while realizing that she could inadvertently disorient her opponent and incapacitate him, either by frost, dizziness, or blood loss. Anything would do at this point as the heat was starting to really get at her. 'Let's see just how much damage I can do by going after where he can't reach.' she thought to herself.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 6:34 pm

Despite a brimming desire to cheer at every blow he struck, Zykolos ignored the cuts he had opened on Measle’s eyelid to continue fighting the lightning storm. He couldn’t believe that this dragon had had no training at all; or did the Elite-in-training just have no idea of what it was really like to be in an all-out fight? He just hoped the former was true- if not, then he was going to have to really work to get qualified. His patrol leader would tell him if he was really terrible, though… right?

Once again, he was forced to remind himself that now was not the time to be distracted. As soon as Measle began trying to pull him back down, Zykolos strained back, trying to escape from the lightning storm’s clutches. He didn’t manage to do so until teeth clamped on his shoulder. The injury registered in his mind a second before the pain, giving him time to shove free on a surge of anger. He flared his wings and beat them strongly, trying to take to the air, but the new bite on his shoulder screamed in protest, forcing him to drop back to the ground. Three of his limbs had now been rendered useless and he was losing blood- he needed to end the fight. Thankfully, his damaged shoulder was the opposite side of his body to his bad leg; beating one wing to help him move, he hopped forwards, brandishing his sword with one arm. A pitiful sight, perhaps, but he was determined to take Measle down now and so charged in with a series of stabs at the dragon’s abdomen, hoping he could catch the lightning storm before he made it to his feet.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 3:20 pm

Measle hissed and spat out a small mouthful of blood as the sword dragon pulled away, taking the opportunity to catch his breath. He had done a fair bit of damage to his opponent, but he was by no means safe yet. Sadly that didn’t stop him underestimating his weakened opponent. Zykolos’ sword caught him on the join between two of the thick, plate-like scales that covered his underbelly, causing him to shriek and coil up on himself. He snapped at the blade more to try to alleviate his pain than to strike back, and opened his uninjured wing to try to push himself to his feet to better defend himself. The wound was pouring blood, but it had brought his opponent closer to him, so he continued to snap at the sword in the hope that he could pull it from his opponent’s hands. With his sight weakened and one wing and leg rendered useless, however, he couldn’t keep up the fight much longer. He thought he might be able to outlast his opponent, but now that they were both losing blood quickly it was impossible to judge.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 9:47 pm

Obviously the smaller, flying dragon was simply too nimble for Jitt, whose messy fire didn’t do more than warm Hydra a little more than was, perhaps, pleasant. He wallowed his way out of the pond, head pulled right back in unease as she continued to come at him. When she darted round to attack his tail, he let out a banshee-like screech and leapt frantically into the air. The pain continued; he hadn’t come close to dislodging his opponent. Cracking yet again, he began hurling himself about in every way possible in a desperate attempt to get rid of Hydra before she did any more harm.

A few seconds later, he became aware that he was lying sprawled on his front, in a pond. The water felt cleansing and soothing to his various wounds, and a feeling of deep calm and contentment gradually spread over him- along with a strong urge to drink. How had he not noticed how thirsty he was? Scrabbling back to his feet, he dunked his face into the water and began to guzzle it up with relish, closing his eyes against the harsh and desolate landscape to better immerse himself in the pleasure of drinking water.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 10:23 pm

Somehow this didn't seem normal. This dragon had to be mentally unstable, for his manner of behavior switched from killer to prey to coward to charging warrior all in a manner of minutes. Now that he was just drinking water, she stayed clamped to his tail and felt her wounds starting to truly burn and ache. It didn't take long for it to start affecting her vision, but in her fear of falling unconscious she dug her claws into his tail even more to keep from falling off. She could only hope that she survived this fight, because if she didn't. . .well the consequences didn't bear thinking about.

Whether from pain or other causes she'd started shaking, much like a rattle at the end of a snake's tail, but colder and far more lethal. There was absolutely no way she could think of giving up: she was still alive and moreover she was still fully capable of clawing her opponent to ribbons given the opportunity! If she wasn't going to win for anyone else, she'd win for her own personal satisfaction darn it! Small dragons can be deadly too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next