Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons

Go down 
+3
Nyx
Eliza
Aero
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 7:26 pm

His plan didn’t last long. He wasn’t even sure that it was intentional- maybe the surprise part had held out- but the lash abruptly sprawled face-first in the mud, giving him a rough landing only a few inches away from that blade. Instincts had him half-turning and skidding away before he really registered what was going on, saving him a bit of dirt in his eyes. Luckily for Hone, perhaps, he was too baffled by the behaviour of this new opponent- was she really an Elite?- to make any attack until she was about ready to. Lucky for him maybe that she did spend long enough sorting herself out that he could decide she was simply trying to distract him. Distractions had to be recognised and ignored, of course. In this case… perhaps one word would be a good recognition.
“Hello,” he replied ineloquently, settling into a battle stance of his own with a grimly straight face. But just as he tensed to make his move… a force hit him from behind and sent him crashing into Hone. It would take him precious seconds to make it back onto his feet, especially with the others to get tangled up in. He thought he’d avoided injury past bruising so fast- his scales, though fine, could protect against light scratches- but he was all too vulnerable right now.

After a moment, however, he realised that all might not be lost. He could feel more and more water directly in front of him… shoving off from the more solid ground with his feet, he slid straight into a murky and disgusting pond, to lurk beneath the surface. Maybe the others would come after him, maybe not, but at least he would be able to swim round to a different side undetected and take them by surprise.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 9:17 pm

Hone wa s just readying herself for a bit of action when Measle took both her and the other dragon completely by surprise, and she lost her footing right away again as they bowled into her, slamming her into the ground. She whirled back up to her feet again as soon as she felt the weight lessen on her, swiping her tail round in a big arc to make the others back off if they were still close, then going down into a bit of a crouch with her front paws resting lightly on the ground, her wings half-open to steady herself. Now she had been sent to the ground twice in about as many seconds, she thought it wise to try and keep her footing for a little longer this time.

The first dragon had disappeared, but she was pleased to see the second in front of her, not much bigger than a large dog, really (say a big hunting hound). So now she knew she wasn’t pitted against some hulking great red rock or the like! Those were a right tough fight, she could tell a few tales about that. They mostly ended up with her in the mud.

But she had already gotten that over and done with in this fight, so far.

Flashing the new lightning storm a wide grin, she bounced her way incautiously from her muddy spot to one that looked a bit drier, claws curling into the tough bog grass there. Once there, she sized up the other dragon quickly.
“Ain’t y’or bit small f’this?”
He really didn’t strike her as very intimidating, despite being quite brightly coloured under the wings.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 9:39 pm

Measle rolled through the mud as he landed after his attack, secretly quite proud that he’d managed to catch them both. It might be the only decent strike he managed to sneak in, so he was going to enjoy it. The distraction he caused also gave him chance to catch his breath, so he was just sitting, panting slightly, when Hone, the new elite, started to move towards him. Measle flinched, flying into a fighting crouch, before realising that she didn’t seem to be attacking.

“Hey, I’m not that small!” he objected automatically, before remembering where he was and clearing his throat. “Big enough to get this far.” he added, in a much deeper, louder voice. The other dragon was getting a bit too close for him to be completely relaxed – she was bigger and stronger than him, so close combat was not going to be a good idea – it had gone terribly in the last round. Time to step up the game a bit while the element of surprise was still kind of with him.

Summoning his energy, he forced as much energy into his claws as he could and let out a surge of lightning into the watery mud. It was only for a second, as the water and electricity made his scales burn, but hopefully that’d make the other dragon back off a bit, so he could steel himself for when Zykolos found his feet again. Where was that sword dragon anyway..?
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 1:10 pm

“O’course y’not tha’ small,” said Hone, quickly agreeing with Measle in the hope that he wouldn’t take offence from her slightly misplaced words. “Jus’ smaller than I thought you’d have been. Y’know, like, when y’think o’dragons, y’think big!” Perhaps normal lightning storm size, or bigger still- despite the fact that Hone herself was a dragon, you couldn’t help but be influenced by fairy tales, right?

She was supposed to be concentrating. Come along now! Where had the sword dragon done? He was waiting for some distraction of hers, or her and the lightning storm to get into a bit of a tousle and just end up doing themselves in. Well, that wasn’t a very honourable way of getting things done!

By the Guardians, and she’d done it again, gotten distracted by her own butterflies of thoughts. She leapt into the air with a yelp as the other dragon sent electricity at her feet, almost losing her balance a third time (it was third, wasn’t it? Appalling). She managed to keep it though, just holding her balance and giving the lightning storm a dirty look at her feet zinged with the weirdest feeling. Not nice. She growled through her teeth, putting her ears back and letting out all the bizarre feeling as a roaring growl (well, the feeling remained, but the noise was what it felt like).
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 7:25 pm

He felt his opponent alight on his back and wondered if he was that well camoflaged, or if the fogs had helped to obscure him so much so that he looked like just another hard patch of mud. Either way, he couldn't believe his luck. He reared his head and snapped at her, opening his wings wide to gas her. He'd learned from his last encounter that nerve gasses took a while to end an opponent and aimed, this time, for something poisonous that would kill her in a rather bloody way. Aerioli bursting was rather painful, but hey, if it stopped her from leaping off a cliff and trying to bite his tail, why not?

He was quick to pin his wings to his body and snake back into the muddy waters, expecting retaliation and not fool enough to wait for it. This was his area, and he had the advantage. He aimed to use it.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 3:29 am

Of all the stupid things to do! She landed on her opponent! In a small fit of hysterics she essentially tried to freeze over the bog in its entirety. "Hellfire!" she shrieked as she took off and began icing over whatever she could, hoping to trap her opponent under the ice long enough to drown. Darn fume dragons had an unfair advantage! She took to the air frantically and sneezed one or two bits of frozen snot onto the mud pit below her, and possibly onto the dragon in it. She moved back a good few feet and landed on a semi-soft mud patch to get her bearings. "This is bad, I can't blinkin' see my own nose in front of my face, and I certainly have no idea where in the world that Gerris has slunk off to." She decided sitting still for a moment wouldn't hurt, and took a deep breath to steady herself before sneezing again. "That gas. . ." she muttered.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 6:53 pm

Gerris swam languidly as the ice dragon froze bits of the bog in her panic. Her frozen snot missed him by yards. Slowly, he rose from the bog pit he was swimming in and gassed the area, making it harder to see, and deadlier to breathe... for her. The fact that she was already sneezing meant she'd had a few good lungfuls of it. Her running nose would soon be added to a host of irritating things, like tearing eyes and constant salivation. By then it'd be too little, too late to save herself. She'd either have to kill him and let the healers give her an antidote, or die. Gerris was banking on 'die'. He grinned upon her complaints. "It will kill you, quicker than the Lion Maned I had to deal with... you're tiny, for a dragon of your species. It won't take much, and this swamp is filled with it." He hunkered down low, squeezing his wings tight to his body and crawled to the nearest bog, sliding in and swimming away, deciding he'd love a game of cat and mouse.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 9:20 pm

"Those of my breed are not called 'ice tanks' for nothing!" she retorted as she resorted to slowly cooling the battle sphere a few degrees at a time. If she were to unleash all that magic at once she'd fall over right there and pass out. Better to boil the frog slowly as the saying went, but in this case it was freezing a dragon. To get out of the way of any sneak attacks, she flew higher to get some clean air into her lungs before it finally shut her body down. 'Luck be an ice block.' she prayed. Having survived life for this long, there was no way she'd die in a tournament for some stupid human's amusement. When finding her opponent from the air did no good, she decided to lower the temperature a wee bit and circled overhead a bit longer. 'Let's just hope he doesn't come out till I've made a few rounds.'

The gas continued rising, and she knocked some away with a handful of strong wing beats, but it came creeping back. Finally she exerted herself and at least ATTEMPTED to turn down the heat to about 40 degrees. If the gas didn't start to recede she was a goner, but there was a bit of hope when it stopped rising as fast as it had been. "Perhaps close combat would be better suited to this battle!" she called down to the ground.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 4:36 am

She could cool a sphere within the environment, but Gerris would just move. He was not one to allow his opponent any breaks for 'sportsmanship'. This was a Kaionarian tournament. He would win like a Kaionarian, especially in his element like this. Gerris didn't answer her, aware of her position by the tendrils of cool air sinking into the bog. She didn't know it, but she was creating more fog. The steam rising was not so much the area around them being unbearably hot (though humidity would make the heat unbearable), as it was from the bogs, warmer than the air around them. Heat rose, cold air sank, didn't she know that? Gerris slowly circled around her area of influence. Silly thing. Did she think he'd stay stationary? Of course she'd think close quarters combat would be better suited to this kind of battle. He suppressed a chuckle. Whether she liked it or not, her time was running out. A few lungfuls of clean air wasn't going to do her much good, she'd already started sneezing, that meant the gasses had worked their way into her system.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 4:21 am

'Needs to cool down so much more before it'll ever make a difference. From what he said earlier, I've only got a short time before I'm dead.' She noticed the movement down below and she dropped lower into the cover of the fog to try and make more of a difference, and could almost feel it. "Ready or not, here I come." she growled. Sinking low into the mud and solidifying it under foot, she realized that staying UNDER the gas was the better idea. Why didn't she do that to start with?! Because she wasn't used to having to fight, that was why, and it had made her soft. Perhaps a little too soft to prove otherwise to anyone but her precious Measle.

That was why she'd signed on to do this thing though, to get her fighting spirit back. Having the prize money wouldn't be so bad either. All her suppositions could wait till this arrogant dragon was a frozen block in the marsh! Right now he was a real danger to her existence and he wouldn't get past her. As best she could, she made a somewhat unseen layer of frozen muck on the top of a sinkhole. 'Now for bait. . .'
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 7:05 pm

Under the murky water, he couldn’t see or hear much of what was going on, but he knew when the fighting was underway all the same: a faint tingle ran through his body, prompting a shudder. More of that electricity was the last thing he wanted to face right now. Still, he could hardly stay under the water forever. It wasn’t too difficult to choose who he should target; the lash’s fighting would be familiar to him, and he already knew what a threat Measle was. If he could take out the lightning storm now then that would play out in his favour. Or so he hoped, anyway. Choosing his spot, he reached his legs down to touch the bottom of the swamp and tried to get a feel for the most solid part- without success. Surrounded by water, he was overwhelmed enough that he really couldn’t tell any difference. Still, traditional methods would do well enough. After probing the earth for a few moments he settled on a spot which seemed solid enough- perhaps a rock was embedded below the surface- and pushed himself straight up and out of the water, beating his wings to give him extra momentum.

Sodden feathers weren’t the best for flying with, but he still lifted high enough that as he dropped he could aim to land on Measle’s back, sword held with the point down and aimed at the same place on his neck where his scales had cracked before. They would have been healed, of course, but perhaps they still wouldn’t be as good as new. Indeed, for all he knew it was some old injury which had made them crack there the first time. It was as good a place as any to strike, at least.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 9:25 pm

The lightning hadn’t been the best plan, since it had burnt the scales on Measle’s toes a little in the process, but it did seem to catch Hone nicely by surprise. When she growl-snarl-roared at him, Measle bared his teeth and snarled back, crouching in the mud and flicking his tail. He could handle one elite at a time, he reasoned - after all he wasn’t dead yet, and that had to count for something. He was about to mount an attack when Zykolos barrelled into him, knocking Measle sprawling in the mud. The sword dragon’s lethal tail slid into the mud just inches from his neck - only missing because Measle had fallen so dramatically in the slippery mud. That blow might have taken his throat out, so he was at least a little shaken. However, lying in the mud surrounded by elites wasn’t a wise plan. With a roar, he released another electric wave through the mud. This one was much stronger, and Measle felt a few scales crack where the heat raced through them, but hopefully that would cause a big enough distraction to let him get to his feet. The wind had gone from his lungs, and he needed a second just to fill them again.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 1:45 pm

Hone crouched against the muddy ground again as the sword dragon suddenly erupted out of the water behind her, her loud roar cutting off much more suddenly than it had started. Woah, he was ferocious. Guess this was… well, apparently it was quite a big deal.
Cool!

She bared her teeth like Measle had and leapt atop their dragon pile-up, fluttering her wings to give herself a little bit of lift to find her way to the top. Like a hill. It was a hill of dragons, and she… she was the queen of the hill! Her toes burnt with lightning at Measle’s attack through the ground and she yelped loudly, flicking her feet back and forth in the air to get rid of the horrible feeling, but it didn’t seem to do much… but either way. Dragon pile-up, this was the important thing for the moment. She opened her mouth to worry at one of Zykolos’ wings with her teeth, growling all the time like an angry dog just because it seemed like the right sort of thing to be doing.

This was an exciting fight, they were supposed to do exciting things like that. Squish one of them into the mud, and make lots of noise.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 6:26 pm

Gerris lurked behind her, wings tight against his body, pressed down into the ground. She hadn't noticed him before on the ground, his coloration and immersion in the bog the ultimate camouflage. He watched her, the folds behind his jaw wrinkling as he smirked. Slowly he crept toward her and turned quickly, whipping his tail against her. He darted to the side and pushed himself low. It was easy to see the places she froze, they didn't move, and he wasn't so foolhardy as to tread on the ice. The swamp, the murky waters, those were his safezones. "You're not suited to this competition. How long has it been since you inhaled lungfuls of my poison eh?" He darted around her and slipped into a bog, coming out on the other side, into a thick fog. "Come on, let's have fun before you die."
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 8:08 pm

"I'll rip your throat out, mark my words before I die I will make sure you never smile again." She had little time to worry over that when she got knocked to the side by his tail. Most physical damage she could handle: scratches, burns, bruises, broken bones and all that sort of stuff. Dealing with gases wasn't something she was ever prepared for. Seeing in this battlefield was hazy at best, and impossible in some parts. She'd heard him go into the bog, and then come out again somewhere else. "Seeing as I can still move and breathe, not long enough, Gerris." She sneaked into a nearby marsh and waded through it as quietly as possible to see if she could find her opponent. Going sub-aqua wasn't a smart idea since she didn't know what on earth was in the water, and this arrogant pain she was fighting was just as at home with water as solid ground.

'Guess it's up to teeth and claws yet again...' she mused sourly. She submerged herself for nearly a minute to think and decided one of the best things for her to do was make him swing his tail at her again, then latch on and simply do as much damage to him as she could. Hmmm...maybe she could get him into the marsh and freeze it around him? It'd take ages of waiting and cat and mouse but it just MIGHT work. Only trouble was she had poison in her lungs and it would soon start affecting the rest of her, not just her now snotty nose. Slowly she crept out of the water and coughed once or twice. "Hey were are you?" she called coughing again. Now to wait.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 10:20 pm

She was practically announcing her presence with every cough and word. It wasn't like Gerris was deaf and blind. He could hear her slogging through the water. It was easy to pinpoint her when she started coughing, and only confirmed completely where she was when she called out to him. Had she never been in a fight before? Gerris decided it really didn't matter. He darted out and pounced on her, clamping his jaws on the back of her neck, needle-like teeth pressing into her skin as he squeezed his jaws shut. He wrapped his claws around her shoulders and lashed his tail back and forth, keeping his wings close to his body and shaking his head. His hind feet were in the marsh, considering he was much bigger than Hydra.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 12:18 am

"Stop, stop I concede!" she choked. "Just...Put me down please I can't stand to move." Her coughing continued and this time droplets of blood came along with it. "I've never fought a Fume before, and I'm glad to have played this game with you. If you manage to find a Storm dragon named Measle, tell him I love him." A few more huffs of air and more coughing ensued before she could do her best to turn her head and look at him. "If I don't die I'll look forward to seeing you again, perhaps on kinder terms." She was starting to fade as it was, and she was beginning to think she wasn't speaking coherently. "At least my defeat was at the claws of a worthy opponent." she muttered as the rest of here senses failed and she fell unconscious.

[OOC: This round goes to Gerris!]
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 7:20 pm

Zykolos only had a moment to register that his attack hadn’t really gone according to plan before all thoughts flew out of his pain, banished by the electricity pulsing through him yet again. Thankfully it was weaker than some of the blasts in their previous fight, but it was still enough that he had to take a moment to regain his wits, sprawled out in the mud like he was. Apparently the other Elite had fared better- well, if only her feet were in contact with the ground then she would- for just as he was pushing himself back up onto his feet her weight suddenly dropped onto him. Next thing he knew, she was making for his wing with great gusto. Snarling, he twisted and thrashed in an attempt to buck her off. A few feathers drifted away as he dislodged her grip, pulled from his wing by her teeth, but he noted with great relief that none of them were large enough to be vital for flight. It didn’t seem like she’d done any more than scratch his actual flesh, either- but now was not the time for counting blessings. There was no hope of using his sword at such close quarters, though at least she couldn’t use her own tail against him either. As a second-best option he levered his arms around to claw at her face. Maybe the wounds would be smaller than something she might inflict on him with her teeth, but if he could get her in the eye it would still be plenty effective. His fingers- as they were- tapered to hard, pointed claws which could deal some damage. Of course, what he really needed to do was take out her tail blade… but that was easier thought than done while they were grappling on the floor as they were.

Splashing in the bog slightly to their side alerted Zykolos to Measle’s movement, and as he shoved at Hone a thought occurred to him. His sword might not have been any good for fighting the lash right now, but there was no reason why he couldn’t make a pass at the lightning storm. It was difficult to get much power behind his tail without holding it in his hands, so he dropped one arm from Hone’s face briefly to help sweep his sword in an arc across the floor and hopefully into the other dragon’s legs, his attack on the Elite dropping briefly.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 9:28 pm

The fight had somehow turned into a big dragon pile… and Measle had found himself at the bottom. He thrashed pathetically, trying to get his feet back underneath him to stand up while the other two were otherwise engaged. The movement must have caught Zykolos’ attention though, and before Measle could arrange himself and get out of the mud his back legs seemed to catch fire, and end of his tail where it had been lying beside them. He clenched his teeth and flared his wings, launching his whole frame forwards and away from the elites to nurse himself for a moment. He landed messily, falling to his knees in the mud and bed around to study the damage. He was pitted brown with muck, but a line of red was visible even through that. The backs of his left calf had been all but immobilised, while his right leg and tail had both sustained shallower but equally painful slashes. Damn, the mud was not going to be Measle’s friend, and if the others got up close again neither would the ground. He spread his wings and heaved himself into the air. His take off was painfully slow as his back legs only had a fraction of their normal strength, but eventually he got above ground level and out of reach. He was a weak flier, but it should give him enough time to build himself up for another lightning strike. He had been using them sparingly, but with his legs wounded he would need to reply more and more on his magic, as it was the only thing he could really use from a distance.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 5:22 pm

Hone squealed to have Zykolos claw at her face, lifting it high away from him and batting out with all her limbs to get him back, shaking her head too. She had already been clawed enough across the muzzle in the fight before, thank you very much! Squishing him and Measle didn’t seem to be working very well for her either now, and she crawled her way off into a slippery patch of mud that was distinctly nasty-feeling on her scales. Under her claws, too, oh how she hated mud under her claws. The lightning storm had somehow found his way out of the pile-up and into the sky, distracting the sword dragon well enough for Hone to have the time to pick herself up off the ground and at least shake out her wings, raising her front paws in the air to make a vague slashing move in the air like she was gesturing to the dragon.
“Get y’self back here an’ make mud on y’self, y’ick-slinger! We ain’t done with rollin’ in it yet!” She bounced a little from her spot, but then found it was a bad combination with trying to keep her balance successfully. Instead of going for Measle then, she went for Zykolos, stretching her wings and paws wide in some semblance of a dragon rugby tackle. Not the most subtle of moves, but she wanted to see them as coated in mud as she was.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 6:55 pm

(OOC: Sorry for the random inconsistency here, thought I should start using Zykie’s new sprite asap so here goes XD)

All three of them seemed to be taking a second out from the fight, Measle hauling himself into the air and Hone moving away from the brawl. Zykolos heaved himself back to his feet, paws skidding slightly on the saturated ground, and shook out his wings, panting heavily. He could feel the mud which was packed in the crevices around his spikes drying out in the most unpleasant, itchy way, but he couldn’t let that distract him now. It looked like he’d dealt some damage to the lightning storm, and he wasn’t really injured himself- just a bit worn down generally. Deciding that he could better defend himself in the air, given that Measle was wounded and Hone couldn’t fly, he pushed off as best he could on the soft surface and rose to the same level as Measle, eyeing him warily lest he try on another attack with magic. That was the last thing he needed; if he never saw lightning again after this Tourney, it would be too soon.

After glancing briefly between his two opponents, he decided that Hone posed the greater threat. After all, he couldn’t stay airborne forever; he may as well take her on while he still had the energy to fly. He repositioned his wings so that he swooped down over the Elite in a dive, swinging his tail blade through underneath him as he pulled out of it and laboured to gain altitude once more.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 7:24 pm

Measle caught his breath effectively, ignoring the shouts from Hone, and worked himself up ready for another magic attack. As Zykolos dived to attack Hone again, however, he changed his tactic He half-dived, half flew towards Zykolos as he dived, hoping to attack the elite as he recovered from hi own dive. He took all the charged up energy he had accumulated and focused it around his teeth, trying to bite Zykolos with his lightning-charged fangs. He flew in from behind the sword dragon, hoping to hide in a blind-spot until he got very close to prevent himself sustaining any more serious injuries. It would be easier to wait, and forfeit, but that wasn’t the sort of dragon he was. He couldn’t bring himself to go down without a fight.

As he got close, the lightning around his jaws crackled, giving away his presence if Zykolos had not already noticed, but he didn’t pull back from the charge at all, hoping to unbalance Zykolos with his own momentum. He would deal with Hone when his legs felt strong enough to face landing.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 8:13 pm

Zykolos took to the sky before anything could be done to stop him from causing any more menace in this fight of theirs, and Hone was left metaphorically hanging (or more to the point, the only one not hanging). She skidded to another halt in the mud, shaking the excess off herself the best she could and grumbling quietly to herself all the while. She had not signed up for this, and it was quickly turning miserably cold.
Oh how she longed for a nice desert landscape, devoid of trees and heavily dosed up on the sand.

She didn’t have much time to ‘dry off’ as such, when that blasted sword dragon came swooping back down to slice her in two (or more, who knew what sort of damage he was aiming for). Much as she hated to do so, she leapt forwards and splatted on all fours into the mud at her feet, flattening herself the best she could to avoid the sharp tail swinging through the air at her. It still caught her in a long line across her back that made her screech like a harpy still, and she bedded herself down in the boggy ground as best she could as the two dragons came flying erratically overheat.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 9:33 pm

There wasn't really time for Zykolos to notice Measle's attack until the other dragon was almost upon him, fangs bared and crackling with more of that accursed lightning. Taken aback and unable to collect his thoughts, Zykolos faltered in his flight slightly, wings beating unevenly so that he dropped through the air as he stared up with horror at his attacker. When the teeth snapped together a clean foot away from him, he breathed a sigh of relief- but his relief was short-lived as Measle's similarly outstretched legs collided with him, sending him plummeting groundwards with a wail of terror. One of the many advantages of being able to fly was not having to be afraid of falling, and Zykolos never had been. Not until now. Somehow, he had a feeling that this was going to end badly, his bulk bringing him up to a dangerous speed even in the few metres he had to fall. There was no time to try and get himself back into a flying position before he crashed into what must have been the only bit of hard ground in the whole arena, his right wing getting trapped under his body. There was a definite crunch followed by horrible pain.

Zykolos wasn't flying again any time soon.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 8:58 pm

Measle assumed his attack had failed as soon as his jaws clamped shut on nothing but air. However, as he managed to collide with Zykolos, the pair of them lost their flight pattern and tumbled downwards. Measle detatched himself from Zykolos just before the ground, managing to keep himself mostly the right way up, and landed in the thick, sticky mud below. He sank up to his shoulder, but unlike his opponent was not injured by the fall. That didn’t make up for the deep wounds across his hind legs though. Moving through the mud was too risky with one leg immobilised and the other in pain, so he took to the skies again. His take off was slower than ever, as the length of the fight began to wear on him as much as his wounds. He had never been trained for extended fights like this, and was growing more tired by the minute.

His wings beat laboriously as Measle struggled to lift the dead-weight of his injured legs out of the mud, leaving them open to attack for much longer than he would have liked. When he eventually cleared the mud, he continued to struggle for altitude, rising slowly, but hopefully quick enough to get out of reach before either of the other dragons recovered enough to attack him again.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next