Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons

Go down 
+3
Nyx
Eliza
Aero
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 3:30 pm

Perhaps he should have been happy, but when his sword caught between two of Measle’s thick scales Zykolos almost just felt more weary. How was he going to get that out to strike again? Well- or maybe he didn’t need to. There were some important body parts in the belly. Surely if he managed to get his blade deep enough into the wound he’d already made then that would be it for his opponent? Neither of them were up for any more lively fighting, really- especially not judging by the lightning storm’s feeble attempts to move the weapon half-embedded in his scales. With a screech of pain as he forced his tattered shoulder muscles to pull his other arm up to where one hand grasped his sword, he let his weight flop onto the weapon, hoping it would be enough to force it further downwards now that his strength failed him.

Unfortunately, just as Zykolos made his move the other dragon flexed his wings and, with a valiant effort, managed to shift himself. The sword dragon slipped, his hands moving from the hilt of his sword as he fell forwards onto his knees, head hanging for a moment as he caught his breath and tried to regain a little strength. If he hadn’t managed to push the sword in deeply enough just now, then he was quite sure he was done for. What an embarrassment. He wouldn’t be surprised if they put him through an extra year of training for doing so badly- if he even lived to become a full Elite, that was.

Last edited by Artemis on Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:56 pm

Measle gave a slight gurgle as the sword dragon managed to get the sword a little further into his stomach, before falling on his side as he managed to oull away a little. The pause his opponent gave told him that neither of them were doing too well, but it took what felt like all the energy he had to pull himself upright. However, with a mammoth effort that left his legs trembling, he managed to lift his upper body back into an almost defensible position. "Damn you're good." he cursed under his breath, before wincing as the deep cut in his stomach throbbed. For all that he had some practise in fighting from his years in the wilderness, he had never had to face such a ferocious opponent, and was unsure how to continue. He wasn't ready to just give up, though. Of course, if his opponent managed a good attack and pin his opinion might change, but not yet.

With a strangled roar he spat a spark at Zykolos, grunting as it took more precious energy from him. It wasn't enough to do any damage, however, and would stun his weakened opponent at best.

(i think we should start bringing this to a close now?)
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 25

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 6:46 pm

He hadn't expected to get a mouth full of feathers, and with a growl of frustration Sill clamped down and yanked his head backward, planting his good foot on the ground as he pulled backwards, trying to unbalance the Lash dragon and send her on the ground where it would be easier for him to inflict some sort of injury on the silly creature beyond the fleeting grazes and scrapes that he'd managed to scuff Hone with. Sill's genius plan to bring the crimson and purple dragon down were abruptly interrupted when a flash of blinding pain lay open his good shoulder and his front legs collapsed, letting go of Hone with his teeth in that moment of sudden pain. He knew what had happened as soon as his chest hit the dusty ground, both his shoulders now bleeding from long gashes inflicted by Hone's sharp bladed tail. He tried to right himself but as soon as he managed to get more than a couple inches off the ground Sill's head spun, the bloodloss hitting him hard and he fell back down on his chest weakly, hind legs finally giving out and joining the rest of his body on the ground.

Sill blinked his gritty eyes open, teeth clenching against the pain and spat out a few purple feathers, looking up at the double of Hone that he saw in front of him, vision darkening at the edges. The thought that he would just take a quick rest before showing the lash dragon what he was really made out of crossed his mind right before he blacked out, head falling down rather abruptly on his outstretched blood and dirt covered forelegs, unable to stay awake any longer.

A great roar came from the crowd when the dust settled a bit and they realized that one of the dragons was down, the announcer crowing the events of the match above the racket of the crowd before moving on to announce the happenings in other arenas where battles still raged on.
Back to top Go down
http://seroph.deviantart.com/
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:19 pm

Eventually, with his thirst somewhat quenched, Jitt sat back on his haunches to contemplate his position. He felt horrible; every bit of him ached, and some places burnt with searing pain. His tail, in particular, felt very odd; cold and shivery, beyond the cool of the pond. In confusion he twisted to look at it- and found, much to his surprise, a small blue dragon clinging onto it. She looked somewhat traumatised and at least as battered as he felt. Maybe some horrible fate had befallen them together? He couldn’t pick out what had happened from his hazy mind.
Hello? he said to her, leaning over to peer into her eyes. Are you alright there? I’m sorry, I don’t really remember anything… did somebody attack us? Well, if you don’t know, my name is Jitt. Pleased to meet you. He managed a faint and weary smile, but in truth he just wanted to sleep now. Then eat, then sleep again. In fact, that routine sounded like a good one for the foreseeable future. At least until he was somewhat healed, till some of this intolerable pain was gone.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:52 pm

She was beyond the point of wishing to harm Jitt and shook her head. "Sleep, Jitt. . .It will be over when you wake up." she assured him. She climbed off his tail and limped over to what was left of the pond, hoping the large dragon would just lay down and pass out. Once the pool of water had cooled enough she lay her burned wing in the icy slush water to alleviate the searing pain that prevented her from flying. "Sweet relief. . ." The other wing, which had been cut by one of Jitt's talons, received the same ice treatment.

Upon looking around she noticed that most of the fights had been over for some time and that apparently she'd been against Jitt for ages. Once totally cold again she wandered onto the hot ground and heard the water on her paws sizzle as it evaporated. Everything started to spin and she steadied her stance to make sure she didn't fall over, because if she did she knew she wouldn't get up for a long while. 'Stay awake Hydra, you can do thing.' she thought to herself and she locked herself in place beside the larger dragon.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:01 pm

Measle’s mutter made Zykolos use some of the little energy he had left in a tiny snort of laughter. Good? Was that some kind of joke? He was supposed to be one of the protectors of the island, a highly skilled warrior for the people to call on in times of need… and here he was, brought to his knees by just one dragon who was smaller than him, even. Unable to bring himself to move, he simply remained still until a light came to his attention. Rolling his eyes up to look at it, he realised what it was just as it hit him, sending him sprawling to the ground as he collapsed. He retained a slight momentum from the strike, however; slowly, his limp body rolled a small distance towards the pond which their fighting had drifted only a little away from. He came to a halt facing the water, his back to his opponent. It took a few seconds for him to drift back into consciousness, pulled more by pain than anything else. His eyes dropped open to blearily take in the water so close to where he lay helplessly. Perhaps if he could just reach the water… Well, it had to be worth a try. With a horrible whine starting involuntarily in her throat, he shuffled his way awkwardly across the ground towards the pool at a painstaking slow rate.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:35 pm

Hone squealed as Sill tugged ferociously on the few feathers he had managed to catch hold of in his teeth, feeling a couple wrench themselves out of her wing. Ow, that bloody hurt! She whirled round with a growl, shaking both her wings as he let go to ruffle them back into place (and keep them right out of the way, she was the only one allowed to pull her feathers out), but when she saw the shade runner had collapsed onto the ground, she straightened up from her crouch and shook herself back to her normal sprightly self.
“Y’don’t look so good no more,” she said, surprisingly breathless. Huh, that had taken a bit out of her. Well, a lot, but she was quick to recover. There were things to be done, stuff to see, dragons to annoy! She couldn’t be hanging around recovering from just one fight all day, now could she?

“Uhm, hello?” She snuffed close to Sill as his head flopped onto the ground, her eyes widening and her nose wrinkling as she realised he’d passed out. Well, that seemed to erm… be the end of that, then. She stepped back and looked round back and forth a bit, then picked herself a nice dusty patch of ground to lie on, rolled onto her tummy, then busied herself with trying to lick the scratches on her face with her tongue.

((Hone has won her fight against Sill-Vitas))
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 12:23 pm

Well, he was none the wiser as to who this little dragon was, but he was happy enough to do as she bid him. With great difficulty he limped his way out of the pool, flopping down on the dusty ground scarcely a metre away from the water. It took a few moments to find a tolerable position, but once he had he found that the pain of his wounds didn’t seem to matter so much. He was vaguely aware of something cold brushing past him before settling by his flank; he just ignored it. A little cold wasn’t going to do him any harm, right? The scythe claw cracked a huge yawn and flexed his joints before letting his eyelids slip shut to block out the world. Scarcely ten seconds had passed before he fell into unconsciousness, ignorance of his surroundings so much sweeter than the pain which had preceded it.

THE FIGHT BETWEEN JITT AND HYDRA IS A DRAW BY MUTUAL SURRENDER. But ahm, Jitt will refuse to fight in the next round anyway as long as nothing pisses him off and there are no bets on the fight so... for all intents and purposes Hydra won I guess.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 8:22 pm

Using his claws, Measle dragged himself along the ground a little way, trying to follow Zykolos. He was too weak to pose another attack, or even get fully to his feet, so his progress was almost as slow as his opponent. He didn't want to end up in the water, but it looked like that was where his opponent was headed. Man that last bit of magic had been a bad idea – Measle had never felt so weak in his life. That’d teach him not to overuse his magic again.

Now that his strength was gone, Measle’s desire to fight was diminished (not extinguished, but lessened by the small river of blood from the cut across his belly, which was leaving an unpleasant trail behind him as he crawled over the rocky ground). For the first time, surrender seemed to be a viable option. But then again, he’d come so far… he’d held his own against the trained dragon, and they were both weak by that point. But then again, the water could strengthen Zykolos to a point where he could hold his sword again. It didn't look hopeful for Measle. He would continue to try to reach his opponent again, but if he failed, he would admit defeat. He certainly felt like he’d been bested already, and while his experience from repeated scuffles out in the woods had kept him alive this long, the other dragon’s superior skill had been evident for some time.

Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 1:38 pm

As he flopped his way along like a fish out of water- or, perhaps, a little less functionally than that- Zykolos became dimly aware of a scuffling noise behind him which suggested he was being followed. Truthfully, at this point it was amazing that either of them were able to keep themselves moving. He paused, now, twisting his head very slightly to give a feeble hiss in Measle’s direction. It was hardly worth the effort; exhausted from the small act of aggression, he relaxed into the ground, less parched than the rest of the arena due to its proximity to the pond. Really… why should he continue? If he just gave up now, then most likely a draw would be declared. He would be healed and then get another chance to take on the lightning storm. Next time, he wouldn’t let himself be caught out. He knew his opponent better now. Surely there was something, anything, that he could use to his advantage. A different arena, too… hopefully not so dry, he would fight better than. Caught up in blurry daydreams of his beloved, humid Yarrowitz, and entirely unable to move even if he had the will to, Zykolos wilted into the dust and forgot all about his fight.

THE FIGHT BETWEEN MEASLE AND ZYKOLOS IS A DRAW
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 1:19 am

Attention all Ye Folk!

The first round of the dragon half of our tournament has drawn to a close! Everyone, please give a round of applause for the winners, and look forward to the next exciting round! For now, the arena will have a one hour break to be reset for the semi-finals of the competition and in the meantime our contestants will be healed by our experts behind the scenes. During this time, make sure to place your bets on next round's brackets!

->See the Lineup Here!<-

Interview Questions

-Gerris
1) The first part of your battle seemed to be an epic stare-off. Can you tell us what your strategy was in simply waiting your opponent out?
2) Fume Dragons are legendary for the deadly gasses they can produce. Knowing this, what do you think your chances are in the next round? Would you be bold enough to say that you very well might be this year's tournament winner?
3) My sources tell me that you're a local Kaionarian. Is there anyone in the crowd here you'd like to give a shout-out to?

-Hydra
1) You seemed to have entered the Tourney with a handicap; a bad leg. What was your strategy to avoid aggravating your wounds?
2) Scythe Claw dragons are notoriously dangerous when they're attacked from the front, and you took quite a bit of damage at the end of those claws. Were you nervous at all about facing off with a dragon equipped to kill?
3) Your opponent was looking for blood from the second the bell rang. Do you have any arena experience prior to this? You seemed to take that scythe claw's murderous charges right in stride.
4) What were your thoughts when Jitt suddenly seemed to give in? Did you ever think that he was setting a trap, or were you confident that you could force him to quit the match without a killing blow?
5) Your match with Jitt ended in a surprisingly peaceful way, given that this is a Tournament. Do you have any comments about your opponent's surrender?

-Hone
1) Your opening move in this round was… quite interesting. Did you plan to make your opponent let down their guard by doing that?
2) The match you had was quite a bit of a knock-down drag-out fight. Do you have any experience with arena fighting?
3) The match in the bracket next to you turned out to be a draw so in the next round you'll be facing a three-way battle. What are your thoughts on the upcoming match? Do you think that you'll be able to beat the other two and advance to the Finals?

-Measle
1) As a lightning storm, most of our audience expected a great amount of thunder in this match. Could you tell us why you chose to enter close-combat with a sword-tailed dragon and the strategy behind that move?

-Zykolos
1) Your fighting style seems very polished and professional. What do you do outside of the arena to hone your skills at combat? There's a rumor that you're an Elite soldier. Is that true?

- Measle &. Zykolos
1) The last half of your match was quite the slug fest! Why don't you tell the audience what it was like down in the grotto battling so desperately? It made quite the show!
2)Your match was quite fierce! But in the end, it seems like you both have passed! Due to this, the next round will be a little different. What are your thoughts on going into a three-way match and knowing that only one can come out to fight in the Final round? Nervous? Insecure? Excited? With the two of you tangling again in the next match, do you think that things will go differently?
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 4:38 pm

Q) Your fighting style seems very polished and professional. What do you do outside of the arena to hone your skills at combat? There's a rumor that you're an Elite soldier. Is that true?
A) Well, you're right and wrong on that count. I'm not a fully fledged Elite just yet, I'm in my fourth year of training. I'm not sure that I should say too much, and it would take much too long if I listed all the training I've done, but Elites-in-the-making undergo three years of full time training before taking another two years on the job. I've been assigned my patrol now, and I'll probably be there to stay.

Q) The last half of your match was quite the slug fest! Why don't you tell the audience what it was like down in the grotto battling so desperately? It made quite the show!
A) I can't speak for Measle, of course, but "desperate" is the right word for me. Even though I've done a lot of training, I've never had my life on the line before, and it puts things in a whole new perspective. Obviously there was a lot of pain with so many injuries, and I have to say I'm glad for the healers- they've done an excellent job!

Q) Your match was quite fierce! But in the end, it seems like you both have passed! Due to this, the next round will be a little different. What are your thoughts on going into a three-way match and knowing that only one can come out to fight in the Final round? Nervous? Insecure? Excited? With the two of you tangling again in the next match, do you think that things will go differently?
A) I'm really not sure what to think- it's going to be interesting fighting another trainee elite and somebody I've already fought once. I suppose- Hone is it, the third dragon?- I suppose she'll be at the disadvantage, seeing as both Measle and I will already know how Elites fight to a certain extent, whereas she's never met Measle. I'm sure it's going to be very different from the last fight. I'm a little nervous, a little excited. Knowing that there are no more draws- well, I don't want to surrender, but I know I'm not ready to die either, so if it comes to that...

Last edited by Artemis on Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 5:25 pm

1) You seemed to have entered the Tourney with a handicap; a bad leg. What was your strategy to avoid aggravating your wounds?
Staying in flight seemed to be the best way to avoid walking around, and/or being stepped on by a giant fire breathing dragon. Once I got into the air it was "fairly" smooth sailing.

2) Scythe Claw dragons are notoriously dangerous when they're attacked from the front, and you took quite a bit of damage at the end of those claws. Were you nervous at all about facing off with a dragon equipped to kill?
I was terrified when he came barreling at me like a bat out of Hades, but at that point the fight instincts took over and all I wanted was to incapacitate him. It didn't matter how much damage I took.

3) Your opponent was looking for blood from the second the bell rang. Do you have any arena experience prior to this? You seemed to take that scythe claw's murderous charges right in stride.
I had zero arena experience before that fight. What I did have was years of experience hunting prey larger than myself, so I used my usually unhelpful size to my advantage. I took it in stride? Hadn't really thought about it that way, I just wanted to stay alive so I could go home to Measle after this is over.

4) What were your thoughts when Jitt suddenly seemed to give in? Did you ever think that he was setting a trap, or were you confident that you could force him to quit the match without a killing blow?
That was the most confusing thing that happened in the entire battle! I couldn't be quite sure what he was on about, but once he stopped trying to roast me it was clear that fighting wasn't going to be an option anymore.

5) Your match with Jitt ended in a surprisingly peaceful way, given that this is a Tournament. Do you have any comments about your opponent's surrender?
I'm happy that he didn't decide to tear me to pieces, and I'm also happy that we didn't have to resort to killing to end the match. Don't know what the next battle will bring, but it probably won't end the way this last one did.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 5:59 pm

1) Your opening move in this round was… quite interesting. Did you plan to make your opponent let down their guard by doing that?
Aren’t interviews s’pposed t’be in like, a fancy room with tea an’ biscuits an’ stuff? I thought they were. Y’got biscuits anyway? No? Awh, well, this ain’t a good interview at all, wotcher playin’ at? I demand biscuits! Chocolate ones!
-scuffling noises and pauses, Hone is eventually placated and reminded of the question again-
Oh, y’mean me rollin’ in the sand? It looked too invitin’ not to, I mean, I’m a desert dragon, right? An’ Kaionar’s not bad, not too far from t’desert, but it’s a trek t’get out to t’good sand. Couldn’t gar all t’way out there s’mornin’, ‘cos I didn’t have time. So, y’know, when I saw it was all nice an’ hot lookin’, and proper geet good sand, had to!
Tha’ Sill, he shouldha tried it too, wouldha calmed him right down- bit het up, he was, angry right at t’end there. I say, chill out and relax, tha’s the way t’gar. Everyone’s pretty friendly, if y’don’t gar an’ jump ‘em right off. Y’not found that?

2) The match you had was quite a bit of a knock-down drag-out fight. Do you have any experience with arena fighting?
Knock-down, drag-out? I not heard o’that before. Is tha’ some fancy new term f’somethin’ cool t’fight like? Djur Elites teach it? Man, I’mma jump Zeal in t’night when I get back t’my patrol, make her teach me tha’ one. She’s big, but we’ve scrapped loadsa times, it’s well fun. Bit different t’this though, ‘cos she ain’t as bitey.

3) The match in the bracket next to you turned out to be a draw so in the next round you'll be facing a three-way battle. What are your thoughts on the upcoming match? Do you think that you'll be able to beat the other two and advance to the Finals?
Y’mean I get t’meet even more people? Awh yeah, this’ll be fun! Are they big, or me-sized? Cos it’s kinda nice seein’ dragons my size, when m’Elite patrol’s kinda big dragons.
No wait, tha’s not even important. Do they like sand baths? If they don’t like sand baths, tha’s no good, no good at all. First I’ll teach ‘em t’do sand baths properly, then we can have a proper sit down an’ talk ‘bout stuff. Oh wait, this is fightin’, innit?
Well, we can talk about which biscuits are best, an’ then that’ll work it all out? If they don’t like chocolate digestives t’best, then I’mma knock it into them that they’re the best.
Wait, ista reason y’not got biscuits ‘cos they ate them all? The fiends!

Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 11:21 pm

1) The first part of your battle seemed to be an epic stare-off. Can you tell us what your strategy was in simply waiting your opponent out?
I could tell my opponent was a moron and I was simply waiting until he made the first move. Though if I'm going to be completely honest, I was deciding which poison to kill him with. I do so like the nerve ones, but perhaps I should have settled for a hemorrhagic one. It took him forever to die. Such a waste of time.
2) Fume Dragons are legendary for the deadly gasses they can produce. Knowing this, what do you think your chances are in the next round? Would you be bold enough to say that you very well might be this year's tournament winner?
My fumes make dragons appropriately fearful of me, and henceforth it means they never want to get close enough to touch me. This is good, because I don't like getting too physical. However, just because my main strength is my gasses doesn't mean I don't have other talents. Bold? My competition is stacked with incompetent dotards. This competition is like pushing the bad eggs from the nest.
3) My sources tell me that you're a local Kaionarian. Is there anyone in the crowd here you'd like to give a shout-out to?
Heh. Not at all. Kaionarians make it a point not to point out other Kaionarians. I wouldn't want to incriminate myself, after all.

Last edited by Nen on Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 8:20 pm

Q) As a lightning storm, most of our audience expected a great amount of thunder in this match. Could you tell us why you chose to enter close-combat with a sword-tailed dragon and the strategy behind that move?

A) Well, to tell you the truth, I’m not especially practiced with lightning – in the particular circumstances that I’ve encountered, close quarters fighting has been more sensible. I underestimated the threat of Zykolos’ tail, and I hadn’t been expecting such a pre in the first round. However, with two apparently physical fighters in the next round, I dare say the crowd can expect a few more fireworks…

Q) The last half of your match was quite the slug fest! Why don't you tell the audience what it was like down in the grotto battling so desperately? It made quite the show!

A) To put it bluntly: it was brutal. We were both running out of energy, so I know that I at least was trying to inflict what damage I could whenever I could. My level of training was no where near enough to prepare me for that, so I’m going to have to really rethink that before the next round. I can honestly say I’m lucky to have made it out alive.

Q) Your match was quite fierce! But in the end, it seems like you both have passed! Due to this, the next round will be a little different. What are your thoughts on going into a three-way match and knowing that only one can come out to fight in the Final round? Nervous? Insecure? Excited? With the two of you tangling again in the next match, do you think that things will go differently?

A) Nervous, I’d say. One elite I could just about hold off, but two? That will be an undertaking an a half. However, I think I have Zykolos’ strategy sussed now – I’ll be back with a vengeance in the next round. As for this Hone, we’ll have to see. Hopefully a change of fighting style will have them both in hot water. Or hot Thunder.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 12:27 am

The Terrain

Our dragon competitors have advanced onto the next round, and ladies and gentleman, this is where things start getting serious. Five dragons are going into this contest, and only two can move on to the final round for the championships. That means that three will meet their demise for your entertainment! After the break, our mages went to quick work to whip out our next arena, and look what they've managed to bring out of the desert! Ladies and gentlemen, the desert sands from last round are gone to be replaced by wet marshy turf! Thick fog obscures the ground, but don't worry! We'll have our magic eyes on scene to bring you the battle even if the fighters can't see each other! I've been told that there are quite a few traps scattered through this marshy bog, not the least of which are bottomless pits filled with muddy water just waiting to drag an unwary dragon into the marsh. If one of our contestants falls into one of these pits and doesn't come out after a few minutes, it's probably best to assume that they've drowned to death. An inglorious way to die indeed! Let's hope that the combatants kill each other the good old fashioned way before that can happen!

Round 2 Matchups!

Gerris vs. Hydra
Hone vs. Measle vs. Zykolos

See the brackets Here

And without further ado, let the semi-final Tourney round begin!!

Last edited by Aero on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 5:00 pm

Ick. Marsh was horrible, all slimy and sucking-on-the-paws. Hone stood uncomfortably on the driest patch of grass (although it wasn’t really grass, it was more like soggy moss, with some thin reeds mixed in for good measure), chewing on one of her paws and looking around. She was less than impressed with this new arena they had put her in. Where had that awesome desert disappeared to? She couldn’t even spot it, because there was fog. Now that was just playing mean games.

She tucked her wings a little closer to her sides, ruffling them so as many feathers laid over other feathers as possible. The fog was damp, and making her cold. Well, there was a solution to keeping warm, but it meant chancing a different patch of grass.
“This is a bit… ickity,” she murmured to herself as she looked around her paws for another dry patch, then hesitantly stepped forwards and tested another bit. It held, and she padded onto it, tail wavering behind her to keep her balance. “An’ creepy.”

Well, there was little she could do to stop that. Well, the ickity problem, at least. Creepiness, well, it was a well-known fact that cheerfulness kept that at bay. Picking the sunniest-sounding tune she knew, she started to hum loudly under her breath, choosing what looked like a relatively safe path through the marsh, and wondering where her opponents were. This was not what she had expected from her next fight, not at all.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 7:51 am

Measle looked over the new battle ground and cursed, borrowing a word from Jackdaww. Marsh? Seriously? He used /lightning/ magic, but the ground was already so wet that it would just suck the force out of his blows, unless he made it to the air. Damn and blast. Well, nothing to do but get on with it – the new contender (the elite he /hadn’t/ already battled) was already there, so he set off squelching through the boggy ground, testing each step carefully in case there was a deep bit. The mages had fixed him up well enough after the last match, so his wing flexed properly again, and his neck and shoulders were fully coated in scales, but the memory of the last battle scared him a little, in truth. It wasn’t a playground out there, and he hadn’t been ready. Setting his jaw, Measle went about changing that. This time he knew what was coming: he wasn’t going to be taken to his knees so easily. Squelch, squelch, squelch, towards a hopefully less brutal fight. Unlikely.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 5:24 pm

It was nothing compared to the beautiful rainforest back in Yarrowitz, but this marsh was a vast improvement on the desert which he had been forced to fight in last time. He hadn’t really noticed it previously, but he was beginning to suspect that the overwhelmingly dry climate in Kaionar had been clouding his mind somewhat. Certainly there was a much greater sense of wellbeing here- the very air was thick with water, if not in the same way as back home. He couldn’t say for sure, but he doubted that his opponents would be so happy here as he was. A lightning storm, surely not- and whoever the other was, an Elite he’d heard, they were unlikely to have water magic. It wasn’t rare, but there were just so many kinds of magic- what were the odds?

Now, he dropped onto all fours to spread his weight on the thin crust which covered the mud. Not so nice, he had to admit, but by keeping his magical sense wide open he was able to tell where the mud was mostly solid and where it was so watery he’d go straight down. The others, well, he wasn’t as sure as to where they were. He couldn’t really see them at all- but then they wouldn’t be able to see him either, would they? If he was really lucky, he’d be able to stay out of the way until they’d hurt each other enough that he could swoop in to take the victory. He spread his wings and ascended slowly, glad to have full functionality back after the damage Measle had done to him. His plan, however, was immediately foiled- his wingbeats dislodged the fog enough for him to see the tip of a bright tail, blade attached. A lash dragon, then! He’d fought them enough times. Being a common breed and well equipped for fighting, more of them were Elites than any other breed, and he hoped that the frequent practices he’d had with them would give him an edge. Of course, both of them being Elites they’d be very evenly matched for knowledge of each other and skill- he’d heard that she, too, was in training- but maybe surprise would be enough to tip it his way.

Resisting the strong urge to let out any kind of battlecry, Zykolos plummeted through the sky and aimed one foot to pin her tail into the mud while leaning to grab her by the neck and hold his sword to the veins there. She’d be able to put up a good fight for sure, but he thought that he’d be able to hold down her smaller front legs with his own free leg- and if she got her tail free, hopefully he could clamp that too. Neither of them were too heavily armoured and they could do a lot of damage to each other if they started hacking with tails.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 3:31 am

Hades and hellfire and all things unpleasant! Did they HAVE to make this place into a bog?! So many bad memories from places like this flooded into her head. Hydra was an ice dragon for pity's sake! This Gerris she was up against was likely to fare better here than she was going to, but at least her small size would make getting a hold of her difficult. Thankfully the less liquid-like patches froze when she walked across them, and she figured she could use that to her advantage if she ever found her opponent. "It just had to be a swamp didn't it. . ." she muttered as she iced over a bit of semi-soft ground.

This was far beyond anything she'd ever do on her own, and to that point she hissed at the muck around her. "Bloody mud. . ." She couldn't stand it any longer! With a frustrated growl she took to the air and looked for a place to perch and scope out the scene in front of her. Sadly all she did was clear out some fog, but that was a start. At least now she knew that if she'd continued going forward she'd have gotten stuck in a mud pit. "Well, now to see where this Gerris is. . ."
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 2:35 pm

Already, Hone didn’t really like this new marshland. It was making her paws all icky (and she had thought sand was bad, getting inbetween her claws), and mud posed this tricky new problem that included standing up. It seemed awfully set on making her slide all over the place and fall over.

She couldn’t help laughing and breaking off her humming as she realised that all the mud wanted was a good hug. And, because she was laughing so much at this revelation, the mud got what it wanted as she lost her balance, falling face-first into a particularly slimy patch.

Despite getting a faceful of ooze (including up her nose, it smelt horrible), it put a definite kink in Zykolos’ plan to pin her by her tail, because her tail went up in the air. Instantly aware of his sudden presence, she backpedalled mud in his direction, flapping with her wings and scrambling up off the ground with all the elegance of a baby cow. She shook her head, aware of wasting time, but at the same time, mud up her nose? No. And it was dripping off her chin, too.

She rubbed one paw across her mouth, pulling a face at the amount of black gunk that came off, then gave the sword dragon a wide smile.
“Well hi! In’t this icky?”
She wrung one wing off, splattering mud everywhere, then went down into a playful crouch, grin still on her face.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 7:08 pm

Gerris was one of the most vain dragons to ever live. He hated getting dirty (and that involved blood too) and he hated places that could see him get truly filthy (like muddy forests or something), but the swamp was different. Something about it called to him, like he belonged there. The warm sludgy water was so comforting and he took a little time immersing himself in it, snaking through the waters, his wings tight against his body. With his tightly packed scales, he could swim powerfully, and with his coloration he could hide in the waters almost unseen. The fog around him could be a cover for his gasses.

He started excreting them almost as soon as he rose out of the water, keeping his body close to the ground. He let them take on the foggy white color of the harmless fog that had been rising from the swamp. An aberration in the fog told him another dragon had been dawdling around. Well, it had to be his opponent, they didn't put other dragons in the same area unless they were to fight. He grinned. He'd love to end this with it just walking into the deadly cocktail of fumes and fog.

Last edited by Nen on Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 1:15 am

A cough and a sneeze later and she started to think something funny was going on. Fog had never made Hydra sneeze before, but then again she also avoided swamps like the plague. Heaven forbid she be up against a Fume, if she was then this would be tough indeed. After sneezing frozen snot a handful more times she flapped her wings to repel the gas. "Just my luck I'm dealing with a dragon three times my size, and it's a Fume on top of that." she muttered as she moved backward.

She was hesitant to descend and walk along the ground, but she felt staying in the air wasn't an option either, so what was left? She certainly wasn't going to go swimming in this muck! No point in changing her direction, she simply gained a bit of altitude and tried to see the ground from where she was, hoping she was above the gas layer, but then remembered that being high up would only spell trouble since it was about unbearably hot in that arena. Best thing to do would be to get close to the ground and assess her opponent that way, so down she went to a slightly hardened patch of mud to have a look about. "Hmmm. . ." she muttered.

Last edited by ElizaFlame13 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 4:08 pm

Measle spotted his two opponents (who were already engaged in what actually looked like an attempt at conversation, oddly enough) quickly, and gave a sigh. He’d been hoping for more of a rest before the fighting started, but trudged his way through the mud towards them anyway. It was already up to his knees, and a portion of his stomach was stained a lovely shade of brown, as his small size didn't allow him much legroom in the thick mud, but he had avoided the worst of the really liquid mud. He hated the new terrain – how in the world was he going to get out of this mess alive? Hopefully the others were at just as much of a disadvantage.

“Ugh.” He grumbled as a pocket of trapped water squelched and squirted Measle’s face as he took another step. He was reasonably close to the others now, but as his blue scales were already covered with the disgusting mud, and he was ‘dusty’ enough already (well, he had been told so not long ago by someone…), he blended in reasonably well. Measle began to slide closer over the mud, hoping to make at least one stealthy attack while the lash dragon was chattering. He opened his wings to force his way out of the mud and jumped in the direction of the two dragons hopefully, claws outstretched.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next