Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons

Go down 
+3
Nyx
Eliza
Aero
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 25

Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 3:49 pm

Damned crimson dragon. He really wished that he'd gotten her feet more damaged than just a measly scratch, but at least that was some payback for his beautiful tail. The rest of his payback would just have to come in time. He felt Hone land behind him but Sill didn't like having an enemy at his back so dug his claws into the dusty ground to turn around as quickly as possible. He didn't quite get all the way when Hone's claws bit into his backside, tearing through fur and flesh. He howled in pain, letting his hind end collapsed under the attack and furiously swiped at Hone's underside and face with all of his claws, blood streaming over his flank from the wounds in his side and matting his fur. He'd get her for this! Snapping his teeth at Hone's already damaged ankles, trying to rip open her belly from her back legs to her chest if he could just land a blow on her from his upset turtle position on the ground underneath her.
Back to top Go down
http://seroph.deviantart.com/
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 6:04 pm

Hone dug her claws in further as Sill whipped around, letting go only as he collapsed onto the ground and turned on her like a pinned honey badger, slashing his claws across her front. She managed to suck in enough of a breath to save him from opening up her belly, but he got a long length of her chest, opening up three long red furrows and a good slice across her chin and cheek too. She yelped and leapt away, kicking out with her back legs as he went to bite at them too, before landing in a heap on her front on the dusty ground, howling as grit got into the slashes across her chest.

Scrambling back to her feet, she touched one paw to her chest, whimpering as the movement hurt. Moving her front legs made the wounds stretch and burn, so she vowed to try and use her tail more. After all, it was the perfect weapon, and would keep Sill at bay, so she didn’t have to take any more cuts from his claws. Right. Action plan, SET! She went into a half-crouch, her tongue flicking out the corner of her mouth to taste the line of blood that tracked down from her cheek, then leapt forwards into a spin, whipping her tail round quickly to slice out at the shade runner.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 10:27 pm

When Hone kicked backward to get away from Sill she managed to get a claw across the plates on his nose, snapping his mouth shut and caused him to rather unfortunately bite his own tongue. With a muffled yelp Sill started to scramble to his feet, irritated at the way that this whole thing was turning out and just a bit scared. Had he underestimated Hone because of her childish attitude towards battle? He was starting to doubt himself, which only made him even more angry. No! He was going to win this thing, take home the prize and buy a year's worth of meat with it.

Sill only had a few seconds to try and get to his feet, and in that brief time he quickly learned that it hurt to stand. The leg that Hone had dug into wouldn't support his weight at all and was leaking blood at a rather impressive rate, staining his dark fur and even darker shade. He wasn't allowed to stop and lick his wounds however as a bladed tail came whistling at him, his sluggish attempt at dodging too late to save him from getting a new nick on his shoulder, though was saved from a complete skewing thanks to the plated scales on his back. The wound stung something fierce, but he couldn't stop to think about it. Instead of retreating to a safer distance he lunged forward, opening his mouth to bite the lash dragon's back, pouncing on her like a lion would a zebra.
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

Female Loveliness : 1

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:51 pm

Aaron didn’t want to take the bait that the Fume was throwing out but this was not only getting boring and aggravating. With a sigh he does his own turn at waiting. He knew so little of this breed he felt more at a disadvantage. He felt some if his muscles twitch but he put it off to just the tension of the “battle”- or lack thereof.

The low rumbling growls coming from him, was a hint of his irritation in the lack of fighting. Well I guess it is damned if I do damned if I don’t. With that Aaron charges at the Fume, he knew he would either connect or fall off the cliff. It was a suicide run and he well knew it.

Sorry dad, I guess I’m just not cut out for this. I wish I could have made you proud of me. His clawed feet dig up the rock as he run head on.
Back to top Go down
http://noxnightstalker.deviantart.com
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 11:11 am

As soon as he saw the other dragon, Zykolos began trying to figure out what breed it was. It had an unremarkable body shape and was mostly a shadowy sort of black, though there were bright blue highlights on various parts of its body. But the main reason he couldn’t figure it out was that it was a strange size, not one which was the standard for any breed. Evidently, it was an undergrown sort of runt. Whatever the cause, it was obviously smaller than him, which was a relief and a big help. Just because his years of training to become an Elite should have left him able to put up a decent fight against most any other breed of dragon didn’t mean that he could dispatch clubtails or lavas with ease. Far from it; those huge dragons daunted him.

Abruptly, the sword dragon realised that he had deviated from the most basic procedure for any fight: Never let your guard down. In fact, it was a good idea for everyday life too. But here he was, getting distracted by unimportant things when there was a dragon who probably wanted to kill him right in front of him. As he snapped his attention back to his opponent, he saw the beginnings of white electricity spark into life, before bursting into a web of lightning playing over the dark scales, blue-tinged and glowing dangerously. Of course, he should have known- a lightning storm. How idiotic! What other breed had that electric blue shade which almost seemed to glow even when they weren’t anywhere near to electricity? Well, this battle wasn’t shaping up to be a good one for him. What meagre magic he did have was water-related, and this arena was barren of water. In fact, he was starting to think that he preferred the rainforest. Maybe it was harder to breathe, but he’d never known how much he enjoyed the heavy moisture in the air back in Yarrowitz. So he was limited to physical fighting, and here he was against a strong magical fighter- and touching this dragon would just hurt him. Every blow would have to count. Maybe he’d just have to dodge attacks until the lightning storm ran out of magical power. He’d have to see; for now, it was obviously action time.

Standing ready to move and focused as he was, the crackling orb of electricity sent his way posed no problem and he spun easily out of its path, though feigning a lack of balance and touching one hand to the ground to steady himself. What now, where was his strategy when he needed it? Hopefully his opponent was underestimating him. Nobody had the upper hand for now at least, so-

Zykolos’ train of thought was abruptly cut off by Measle charging. Again he had dropped his guard, somehow assuming that no other attack was coming. Stupid- just because the dragon was strong in magic didn’t mean it couldn’t use physical attacks too. Was his subconscious trying to break a record for stupidest mistakes in battle? He definitely wasn’t living up to the standard an Elite should. He needed to shape up, or he’d be letting his patrol down. The only course of action left to him was jumping straight over his attacker, spinning once in the air with all six of his limbs tucked tightly in to his torso. As he landed he twisted to remain facing the lightning storm. He managed to avoid contact, but as his feet touched down on the ground he passed close enough by the tail that a spark passed between them. It didn’t hurt, but there was a slight twinge which enough to make him extremely confident that being on the receiving end of full-on lightning from this dragon would not be a pleasant experience. But what could he do about that? He could only hope that it wouldn’t have too bad an effect on him.

His combat training finally kicking in, Zykolos twitched his tail so that the sword fell from its sheath, catching it at the base in one hand. He could never really decide if it was a good or a bit thing to have the blade attached to him- sure, he couldn’t lose it, but it was really painful to have it knocked out of his hand and jerked away from his body. At least there were no nerves in the hard material it was made from, because that would have been agonising to fight with. Knowing that every time he struck a blow it was going to cost him, his attacks needed to be worth it, and so he used the momentum of his fall to put force behind his blow. Moving his sword in a long loop down and then up, he aimed a blow at the less-protected inside of the lightning storm’s leg. If he could damage the soft tissue there sufficiently, then his opponent would be crippled, if not disabled.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 9:51 pm

Gerris watched the Lion-Maned rush toward him, headlong and spewed the poisonous gases from his mouth just before leaping into the air, flapping excessively. It was not for show, for with every flap fumes were being released and directed down at the Lion Maned. He climbed steadily higher in the air and circled, only to dive down the cliff. He spread his wings right before he reached the ground, kicking up dust and landed neatly. Looked up at the cliff and waited. Either the Lion Maned was going to die from the gases, or he was going to fall off the cliff. Gerris hoped he fell off, because then he'd have front row seats to the big splat.

He stroked the skull at his neck. He hadn't been there for Lyvas's landing, but he'd watched the man fall. He'd died with some dignity, however. Not a single scream, nor a look of shock. It was as though he'd expected it, and finally it had happened. Acceptance, even a smirk before he fell, or at least Gerris swore he'd smirked in the small window where they'd locked eyes.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 2:02 pm

That piping little voice was easy to ignore, posing no distraction to Jitt. Why did she think he’d care what she had to say? They weren’t here to chat, were they?

When she rose up into the air, those prissy little wings fluttering like she was some sort of butterfly, another surge of blind rage washed over him. More showing off? And then she had the insolence to go and ask him why he wasn’t her new best friend! Crashing to a halt, he made a clumsy attempt at turning while jumping into the air, slashing at her as she flitted around his wings. Oh, this was an infuriating one. He’d have to teach her a good lesson. He managed to hang in place in the air for a slow second, wings beating heavily either side of him, but it didn’t take long for him to slam back into the earth, leaving huge furrows where he landed. Even though his breed too its name from the two huge claws which grew from their front feet, the rest of their claws were formidable too- much more dangerous than a normal dragon’s. Now he was going to put them to good use, ripping up that little runt. Readying himself to defend against an attack, he leant back on his hind legs and lifted his claws in front of his face to slash out at the little blue thing.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 2:37 pm

Measle hissed in annoyance as his opponent simply jumped over his head. He turned quickly – years in the constant insecurity of the woods had taught him never to have him back to something potentially dangerous – and saw a flash as his opponent drew what looked like a sword. A sword? What was going on? It took Measle a long moment to realise he must be up against a sword dragon, and even longer to realise that this meant he was about to get one leg sliced. He leapt upwards at the last second, forcing his wings open and flapping to gain enough height to avoid the blade entirely. The sword dragon looked like he knew /exactly/ what he was doing with that blade on the end of his tail, and Measle was seriously worried that he’d come up against a properly trained opponent. If that was the case, he’d just have to hope that the underhand tricks he’d picked up out in the forest would help him.

Measle was no fool – he knew that flying was one of his weakest skills, so promptly glided down to the ground, a few feet away from his opponent, and began building another lightning-strike up deep in his chest. He loosed the strike, feeling the slight drag on his energy levels as he did so. Darn, he knew his magic wasn’t quite up to scratch, but he didn’t expect it to be taking a toll on him /this/ quickly. He’d have to stick with close-quarters combat then, which would /not/ go nicely if his opponent had a handy sword built in. If he could get inside that blade, he might stand a chance though. That was his new plan A.

Charging again, he kept close to the ground to attempt to creep under the sharp-edged tail. That was, presuming his opponent hadn’t moved already – he hadn’t been watching very closely after all.

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons [Jitt vs. Hydra]   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 3:56 pm

Hydra managed to narrowly avoid his first attack, but it also sent her tiny little body tumbling to the ground. If that was how he wanted to play then fine by her! She got up and maneuvered into a defensive position despite her painstakingly obvious handicap. This hunt was going to take a while, and that posed an issue. It was beyond hellishly hot in this terrain and if she turned her back on this rather insane dangerous looking dragon she'd be skinned alive before she could say 'sitting duck'.

Oh this was a real task she'd been given alright. In a lack-of-judgement moment she made a mad dash for the small amount of water there was over by the cliff, hoping to cool off for a nanosecond before trying to rip her opponent apart piece by mouthful-sized piece. Lucky thing for her she managed to get a small gulp of water then took to the air about eye level with her opponent, time to get this over with. She'd attack when he next charged her.
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

Female Loveliness : 1

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 10:25 pm

Aaron held his breath as he leapt off the cliff. Hopping the momentum would push him farther then he would have if he just leapt. Inside him he was screaming but he tried his best to not give the other dragon the satisfaction of even a whimper. He watched the other dragon fly away and then land on the bottom of the cliff. Aaron used his tail as a rudder it wasn’t very helpful but it did move him some. He just hoped the other dragon wouldn’t move and that he would collide into him. Only with the last few meters did he reach out with claws fully extended. He took a deep breath and let it out as he felt his body not responding the way it should. Go figure the Fume would use gas because it can’t fight with tooth and claw.

His amber eyes were locked onto his target; he just hoped his target wouldn’t move.
Back to top Go down
http://noxnightstalker.deviantart.com
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 10:58 pm

Gerris watched the dragon leap off the cliff. He wondered if it was merely stupid, or did it think it was brave? Had he been in the Lion Maned's shoes, he would have stopped at the edge and made his way down the cliff that didn't entail breaking his body on the ground below. As he watched, it seemed to him as though the dragon was guiding his fall, acting as a weapon himself, attempting some kind of suicidal take-down. He could kill Gerris, actually, and survive with broken bones if he managed to land on him.

Heart-breaking it was, then, that he noticed this long before the dragon extended himself and his claws. He had vertical reach, yes, but not horizontal. Gerris rolled out of the way and came up on his belly to watch the other male hit the ground.

He laughed at the absurdity of it all, slashing his tail through the air.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:19 pm

Well, there she was, fallen to the ground. Jitt felt hugely smug at his accomplishment and twitched his tail back and forth as he advanced on the little dragon, using his front legs to help with balance. But his plan to pounce was somewhat foiled when she turned tail and dashed off to a little pond over on the other side of the arena. He promptly adjusted his course to follow her, pushing the limits of his speed and ignoring the resultant decrease in grace. Not that there had been much of that to start with, of course.

But this little thing really was infuriating! Before he had reached her she was off yet again, this time buzzing around his face. Right, time to get her. With a snarl, he lunged forwards, swinging his claws down diagionally as if writing an X in the air right were Hydra was. X marks the spot. As his claws shot groundwards with the follow-through, he leapt into the air again and, flaring his wings to hang there, swung his hindquarters round with his momentum to scoop the little one in the huge toes and claws of his hind legs. Or maybe he’d stab her, or slice her. He wasn’t too fussy.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:31 pm

Hone completed her twirl with the grace of a much smarter dragon, sliding one foot back to take a nice firm position on the ground. Couldn’t have herself overbalancing now, could she? This fighting lark was turning out to be quite good, all her training up at Guardian’s Peak actually paying off- now wasn’t that nice.
“Y’ain’t lookin’ so chipper any more,” she squeaked, her voice straying into bat-territory in her rush of adrenaline and excitement. He certainly didn’t match her high spirits; one look at his face and she could see she was now up against one angry dragon. So she should be more careful.

But why be careful when she felt so hyperactive? She felt fantastic!

She growled as he lunged for her neck, swishing her tail to one side and bending her knees slightly so she didn’t hurt herself as Sill pulled her off her feet, slamming her against the ground. Choking as his jaws clamped together, she kicked out with her back legs, adding her scrabbing front claws and tail into the mix too to try and get a few good slashes into Sill’s belly. It was a dangerous tactic, but she was in the mood for that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 6:04 pm

The good news was that he was finally in a position to incapacitate his opponent. The bad news was that Hone was raking away clumps of fur and blood as she clawed at his underbelly. His first instinct was to let go and get away, but a little thought in the back of his head told him that this could very well be the only chance he'd get to make the bright crimson dragon surrender. Whatever his thoughts, his back leg wouldn't support his weight and he half fell off of Hone, digging in his teeth as hard as he could manage into her throat as his injured side hit the ground, too destabilized as he was to stop it from happening. The fierce pain that lanced up his side as the dirt and sand ground into the fresh bleeding wound caused him to cry out in pain, letting go of Hone's neck as he did so entirely by accident. Her flailing tail hit him in the side, knocking him back down when he tried to get back on his feet and sending another wave of pain washing through him. Sill dug his back claws into the dirt to try and get himself back on his feet, his beautiful black coat now covered in dusty sand and matted blood. He tried to dart back in at Hone and get his mouth around her throat again to attempt to force a surrender, wary of her claws and bladed tail.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons [Jitt vs. Hydra]   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 6:13 pm

She earned herself a gash on her shoulder in front of her right wing, and just missed losing a forelimb as she swerved around he quarry. 'Hmm if I could keep him on the ground he'd be an easier target.' she mused as she decided to go after his wings. This would probably just make him angrier, but maybe he'd pass out from blood loss somewhere along the line and she wouldn't have to kill such a spirited dragon. Oh to heck with it she was going to tear this one to pieces! Starting with his wings.

In a completely insane decision, she tried to latch onto his back and claw the Hades out of it to get the blood flowing. The less she actually had to do to defeat him the better. Upon getting close enough she began tearing at his wings and shoulder blades. In a final moment of partially-justified fury she sank her teeth in and did her darnedest to give him frostbite. 'This is for underestimating me you overgrown lummox!'
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 7:12 pm

Obviously, his opponent had at least some experience fighting. That twist was smooth and definitely rehearsed, even if the jump was a little slapdash. Zykolos hopped right up into the air after the lightning storm, determined not to let him get the advantage of height. But straight away, the other dragon came back down. Well, that was odd. Maybe not too confident in the air? Something to store away for later, but not to dwell on now. He may as well take advantage of his position and get a little higher.

There was no warning of the next strike. One moment the dragon was standing quite still and the sword was preparing to dive, the next there was a ball of lightning hurtling at him and he was forced to simply let himself plummet to avoid it. That didn’t quite work, though- it brushed one of his outstretched arms and sent a jolt through him. But bizarrely, rather than what electricity users normally felt like, the main issue was the burn where it had hit on his arm. Huh- what could that be? Maybe it was because he was flying? He’d heard something about electricity being attracted to the ground, once… That had to be it. Well, another useful thing to know, and another good reason to fly.

But now, after that somewhat clumsy move, he had lost sight of his opponent. Well, they were down on the ground, so that was the place to go for now. He performed better there, too, even if they did as well. He came down in time to spin around once and then catch sight of Measle once again bulldozing his way over. There really wasn’t a moment to rest here, was there? Feeling the strain of a full-on, dangerous fight, Zykolos let the dragon get underneath his tail and jumped up into the air, a quick flap of his wings redirecting him to land on Measle’s back. As he came down, he stabbed his sword straight down at those thick shoulder muscles. Take out his movement. This was worth a shock, he figured; it could get some pretty major damage done if it hit.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 7:46 pm

Measle cursed as he realized his opponent was /not/ where he’d expected him to be, and looked upwards. Damn, he didn’t know sword dragons could fly, but he was already too late to completely avoid the collision. He managed to lean far enough away to stop that blade severing the tendons in his shoulder – he needed those – but the sword scored a thick red mark though the scales on the side of his thigh. He gave a crackle, turning his head to bite at the sword dragon on his back. He /hoped/ that the network of veins of lightning over his scales would be doing some sort of damage – even if it was just a case of irritating and distracting his opponent. “That hurt.” He hissed between bites, trying to grab or of Zykolos’ front legs to stop him swinging that sword again. Once he’d got a grip he could probably pull him in too close to wield it, leaving them both with just their teeth and claws, but actually making contact was going to be a problem.

((sorry it's short - it wouldn;t behave NOO))
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 10:15 pm

Upon scoring a hit, Jitt brayed wildly with victory, hopping from one foot to another and snapping his jaws. He also blew out a little streamer of fire, not really aimed at anything in particular. But when Hydra swerved and came back after him, he abruptly broke down.
“Oh, no, don’t hurt me, please, not again,” he gibbered, before wailing childishly as her claws punctured his back. He flung himself about dramatically, succeeding in hurling her loose, but that wasn’t enough for him. Terrified that she might get on his back again, he dropped to the floor and rolled about on his back- until sand got in the little stabby holes and made them hurt even more. With another wail he sprang back to his feet, cowering with his claws crossed before his face for protection- but he couldn’t see the little ice dragon.

He soon found out where she was.

This time, as her jaws sank into his back and the cold began to spread out from the bite, he didn’t bother with any flailing in an attempt to dislodge her. He just plunged himself straight onto his back, rolled onto his front and twisted his head to breathe fire down his back and then rolled again.
“No, no, no, leave me alone, don’t hurt me…” he moaned piteously all the while.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 10:07 am

The lightning wasn’t as bad as he had imagined, but it was definitely along the lines of what he had logically expected. Zykolos gasped in shock as he made contact, the jarring this time continuing along with a horrible sensation which he really didn’t want to last for long.
“That hurt too,” he spat out, tugging his sword away and trying to jump from Measle’s back- but at that moment the lightning storm’s jaws clamped on his ankle and he snarled with pain and anger at himself for not getting away quick enough. Bracing his leg to keep it firmly in place, he stabbed down at the lightning storm’s neck, exposed plainly and anchored in place by the dragon’s grip on his leg. Whether he killed his opponent or simply got him to let go, it would be to his advantage. He was going to be careful not to stay close for any length of time now- those teeth hurt like anything. At least he’d had plenty of experience in being forced to keep on fighting while in agony. Some of the Elite trainers were merciless.

It didn’t look like this dragon was any stranger to pain either, though. Zykolos couldn’t have guessed how this one would turn out, not for all the money in the world.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons [Jitt vs. Hydra]   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 4:02 pm

There was a loud unearthly screeching sound from Hydra as the fire came into contact with her wing. There had also been the trouble of getting a limb dislocated when he rolled over like he did. Okay wait, no it wasn't a dislocation he had actually broken part of her tail, and icebergs almighty did it hurt! "I'll only stop if you forfeit the match!" she called. If he was wailing like this the entire time she was liable to get a migraine.

She yanked back on the chunk of meat in her mouth and had to admit she hated the taste of an insane dragon, or maybe that was just dirt from the wound she was tasting. This was new to her, attacking something this large and actually winning against it. It was no power trip though, it was survival. If she could do "just" enough damage, maybe she'd be able to win this via forfeit and save her strength for coming battles.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 5:44 pm

Urgh, did she have to make so much noise? Jitt wailed himself as the shriek pierced his ears, still thrashing around and trying to rid himself of her.
I don’t know what you’re talking about! Leave me alone! he sobbed, rolling onto his feet yet again and beginning to run in frantic circles. Why did you attack me anyway? And why wasn’t she letting go? He must have hurt her, judging by that scream, but she just wouldn’t leave him alone. And now the pain in his back was gone; that was good, until he realised that he couldn’t feel anything.

Faltering in his running, he craned his head around and spat another stream of fire at the creature. There seemed to be a thin layer of frost on his scales, and some of that melted away… That let him feel the aching cold deep in his muscles, and he realised after a few moments that he was probably frozen.
What did you do to me? I can’t move properly! he gasped, trying and failing to lift his front legs and claw her. It was hard to move his neck now too, but he did his best, twisting even further to snap at her with his powerful jaws. Scythe claws were strong for their size, if not as much so as a lion maned.

Last edited by Artemis on Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 6:38 pm

As the sword struck Measle’s neck he howled, letting go of Zykolos’ leg immediately. His scales had cracked in a long line along where the blade had hit, but they had stopped what would probably have been a fatal blow reaching anything more important. He’d never been so thankful for his hard, black scales before in his life.

He twitched his back, letting the sword dragon jump from his back without complaint – he was in too dangerous a position to just stay there. The wound to his neck limited his movement a little, but somewhere inside him, his mind had liked the battle to the many times he’d been forced to protect Jack. He could nurse his injuries later – there was something more important to deal with right then.

Measle turned his head towards his opponent again, and snapped at his sword-like tail directly. He knew that was just a good way to get his mouth cut up, but if he could knocking it aside he might be able to tackle Zykolos properly.

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons [Jitt vs. Hydra]   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 5:25 pm

Burned, battered, and broken-tailed, Hydra was enraged beyond reason and swallowed the chunk of nearly frozen flesh she'd just torn off her opponent. She went in again from behind to take out one of his wings and ended up with a gash on her chest from one of his horns. For a moment she nearly dropped out of the sky entirely, but even on the way to the ground she was still snapping at his wings.

Hitting the ground wasn't her best option, but seeing as her giant quarry had limited movement and could in fact breath fire, it seemed taking out his legs was a better option than his wings. Sadly she remembered that her frostbite tactic didn't allow for him to bleed and she realized she needed to use her mouth less and her claws more. The only drawback now was that she could look up and plainly see Jitt's face, she was in the line of fire.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 6:03 pm

That splintering noise as Measles’s scales cracked was hugely satisfying to Zykolos, paying back the lightning storm for the lightning which was burning him all over.

As he landed back on the ground he kept his weight off his right leg, using his wings to help him hop backwards enough for some space. He could tell what the other dragon was trying to do, and it would work if he succeeded; he couldn’t fight if he didn’t have enough space to swing his sword. For the time being, however, his opponent seemed to have changed his tactic. Obviously no injury was a good idea, but he couldn’t risk his tail being damaged- he’d had to practice fighting without, but it wasn’t at all easy. Spinning ninety degrees, he threw the sword from one hand to the other behind his back and caught Measle’s teeth on his already-mauled ankle, tugging it away again before he could get a good grip going. Oh gods, that hurt. Clenching his jaw, he sent up silent prayers as he began to beat his wings furiously while holding his right leg carefully off the ground. There was no way he could walk now; if his wings were taken out, he’d have a serious issue. For now, he was most worried about blood loss from his leg- along with the possibility of passing out with the pain. He’d just have to brave it out and hope he got through this before things got too dire.

Making speed his priority lest his opponent catch him up, he winged his way over to the cliff and dove down, headed straight for the water at its base. He could fly back up if he needed to, and this little oasis could just be his saviour.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 8:41 pm

Measle crackled to himself in annoyance as he got another mouthful of blood from his opponent’s already injured leg, rather than managing to disarm him. Of course, it was always a good thing to actually get a hit in, but he wanted to keep the battle to the ground. He didn’t want to over-tire himself using the weak muscles in his wings, but now it looked as though he’d have no choice. He groaned, and kicked off the ground, snapping his wings over to glide down over the cliff at a leisurely pace. He was still feeling quite relaxed – it took him a long time to work up any real anger, and without it he could see no reason in rushing things.

Spiralling down slowly, he touched down a good distance away, not wanting to spook the other dragon into taking off again. He could fly fine – he knew /how/ to, and his technique was fine, but he’d tire fast. He used the moment of calm for a breather, rolling his neck to try to ease off the pain in his neck.

The moment over, Measle gave a roar, crackling in his throat. It was supposed to be an intimidating gesture, but since he was shorter than shoulder-height against the sword dragon, it probably didn’t have quite the intended effect. Ah well, no matter: he had plenty of bite to go with the bark. He circled in slowly, teeth bared and glittering as sparks of electricity danced between them, hoping that this time the sword dragon would make the first move.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next