Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons

Go down 
+6
Artemis
nen
Stormkatz
Rogue
Echo
Aero
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 9:37 pm

Lutis continued to ‘gasp for air’ as he flailed around dramatically, quite taken by his performance himself. The water really did have quite the way of making it all seem worse than it was, and sure enough, Starling flew over to help once she saw he was struggling so. He sunk heavily into the water, blowing out fat bubbles from his nose and mouth for the time he was underwater, then came up gasping again, fingers stretching out towards Starling’s as she hovered nearby, come to his aid. Sinking again, he reached into the air and then more as he came up, grasping onto the avian’s hand firmly with his own. He breathed heavily and spluttered water, kicking his legs so he rose up to get a better grip on her with both hands, looking up with wide eyes but not doing anything more than hold on yet.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 9:57 pm

Starling was getting really worried about Lutis until he finally grabbed her wrist. She leant back, trying to pull him out, but her light frame wasn’t especially effective, so progress was slow to say the least. “Come on, you have to help too.” She cursed, setting her feet in a more stable position and starting to stand.
Her foot slipped and she swore again, almost falling into the water again after him, and sat down abruptly on the pillar, catching her breath. “You’re heavy.” She grumbled, half contemplating just letting go and making the man make his own way out of the water from here. But she was too nice. Easily angered, but soft hearted. She did wonder why he had suddenly started drowning, mind. Maybe there really were sea monsters in the water. Or maybe there was something else – she probably shouldn’t have hit his head on the pillar so hard…

Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 9:13 pm

Moving precisely and without hesitation, Armeno was aiming to bring the knife down in Jackdaww’s torso where it would hopefully be incapacitating but not fatal with the aid of the healers’ magic, when the most unexpected happened: a boot came flailing through the air near his head. It missed completely, his opponent unable to see and aim, but it succeeded in its task nevertheless, for a knife came flying out of it and hurtled towards Armeno without warning. Awkwardly positioned as he was, dodging was impossible and he barely even registered the missile before it collided with his left arm. He was only lucky that it hadn’t come out at a worse angle- though equally it could have hit handle-first and not dealt any harm- but the cut it left was still enough that he was unable to continue holding Jackdaww with the arm, his grip faltering even as his right arm and his knife continued their fall towards the man’s chest unchecked by him.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 8:47 pm

Jackdaww had not stopped struggling, so as soon as Armeno’s grip on him faltered he began to squirm out from under him. He managed to slip to one side and get a palm underneath himself before Armeno’s knife reached him. He avoided the worst of the strike, but the knife cut through the thin padding of his shirt and carved a wound over his right shoulder blade as he continued wriggling out from under Armeno. Blood seeped through the shirt, but the wound wasn’t terribly deep at least. He wouldn’t know how serious it was until he was stood, but as he was a competent swordsman with both hands, that didn’t matter in Jackdaww’s mind.

He was sprawled on his front, so continued wriggling left, taking advantage of Armeno’s weakened arm (he could feel the weight change, but could not see the cut his own knife had miraculously inflicted). Before long he had both arms underneath him, and gave a firm push upwards, trying to roll Armeno off his back and onto the pillar. It would be even better if he managed to roll him into the water, but standing up was his priority right then.

Back to top Go down
Jula
Jula

Things that I am :
  • "Nice Guy"
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Complete Newbie
  • Medium Poster
  • Short Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

Female Loveliness : 0

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 3:37 am

JEEZ it was about freaking time people actually pulled Melee weapons out! Swords, to boot! It. Was. About. Time.

Dmitri had been pretty prepared for a sword fight from the get-go, and having been hanging out safely on the pillar, he was unwounded, and although he had been a little terrified of the flying merperson, a merperson with a sword was much more manageable. Sword-fighting against other swords was the only thing he knew how to do, so when everybody finally had all of their swords out, he actually became much more relaxed. He couldn't handle arrows very well. Teeth also were a little offputting. Swords, he could do.

Really, he was just okay at sword-fighting, but after feeling lost and a little useless, the step back onto familiar ground made him burst with confidence. Plus, they were still flanking her. Granted, with their target still being mostly submerged, her blade was coming from a low angle (which was just weird), but he didn't back off. Nope, not this time. Instead, he actually knelt so that they were on more even grounds. (He didn't make himself so stationary that he was on both knees though- one foot was supporting his weight so that he could easily jump back if needed). And as she charged him, he flicked his wrist and parried. He again decided to be completely defensive, hoping that if he distracted her long enough without giving her any openings, the flying fellow could do the actual attacking and maybe even finish her off. To keep her focus on him though (again, maybe being a little too confident), he taunted her with a "Gracious! Temper, temper."
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 9:39 pm

Hanging on tightly now, Lutis made wide eyes towards Starling as she struggled to haul him towards her pillar, grabbing onto her hand with his other hand. A nice, strong grip now, although he did not put any weight behind it yet, letting her tow him towards her pillar. He almost thought she had done herself in with no more aid from him when she slid, but managed to regain her balance and sit, making things somewhat more difficult if he wanted to unbalance her. No matter, he still had a good grip on her.
Close to the pillar now, he kicked gently with his feet until he found the base of the pillar beneath his soles, then set them there firmly. Looking up towards her, he kept his grasp tight like iron, then pushed hard up on the pillar as he bent himself down in half, dragging on Starling’s arm so he dipped under the water’s surface again, putting his strength into taking her with him.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 9:54 pm

Starling loosened up, relieved when Lutis came close enough to the pillar to touch it with his feet. She braced herself to help him up, ready to forgive him for disturbing her enjoyment of the tourney so far, when the weight on her arm changed. She realised suddenly that he had a dangerously tight grip on her arm that she had no way of breaking, and he was pulling down. “You sly bastard!” she shouted as she realised she had been tricked, her fury welling up once again.

She cried out and tried to back up, but her light frame didn’t have the strength behind it to resist Lutis’ pull on her arm. She toppled, flailing with her free arm and both wings, before her legs gave way and she collapsed forwards, rushing towards the water with frightening force as Lutis continued to pull. She screamed as the surface of the wter rushed up to meet her, spluttering as the salty water filled her mouth. She managed to spit the foul stuff out and take a gulp of air before her head was pulled completely under, but that did little to reduce the state of panic that being under water had induced in her. She struggled, clawing at Lutis’ hands with her fingernails, and tried to kick at the man to free herself. The water stung her eyes, and she could see nothing more than a darkish blur where Lutis was, and that frightened her even more. It was all she could do to remember not to try breathing until she found a way to the surface, such was her state of panic.

Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 25

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 10:05 pm

There was no steering away from the course he'd plotted. Talos was wholly invested in striking the mermaid creature dead right there and then, but the arm separating his blade from her neck was a definite hitch in his giddy up. Maybe if he swung hard enough…

Bearing all his momentum and strength into the single blow, Talos swung his blade forward at the fish-woman's neck, the sharp edge of his blade slicing easily through flesh and and immediate spray of what seemed like water hit his right side as he flew past, letting the blade kick back in his hand so that it wasn't ripped from his grip. Burning off his speed and momentum, Talos let himself be carried away from the battleground between the sea-harpy and Dmitri, coming to a skidding stop on one of the damp pillars for a quick turn around. He faced the fight once more, curious and slightly mortified that the water woman didn't bleed like a normal creature should have and took a few running steps to launch himself back in the air toward the fray, ready for another pass.
Back to top Go down
http://seroph.deviantart.com/
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 10:28 pm

(I didn't mean this to end up so disgusting, sorry NOO)
Eliza hissed through her pointed teeth at Dmitri’s taunts, annoyed that she hadn’t killed the scrawny human yet. The hiss turned to a harpy-screech of pain as Talos’ attack struck home, though, and she flung her head to face the flying man. Only as she turned did the wound she had taken register. Since her body was made mostly from water, her muscle tissue was soft and jelly-like, and the blade had cut through her thin skin and muscle easily, leaving her left arm hanging limp and dead by her side. It was attached only by a layer of skin and pale, translucent muscle, which revealed the startling transparent layers of her sylph-form. The agony was impossible to describe – so severe that she felt giddy and lightheaded, but the loss of that arm had saved her throat from what would have been a killing blow. She threw herself out into the open water, facing Talos , and grinned through the pain. He looked horrified at her thin, clear blood, and she was going to use that to her advantage.

Keeping far enough away from the pillar Dmitri was stood on, she winked at the avian, her good arm holding her sword loosely and beckoning him with one webbed finger. “Didja think that was going to harm me, bird-boy?” she asked in a low, threatening voice. She stuck her sword (which was blunt enough not to harm her) under her good armpit, and grabbed the useless flesh with her right hand, squeezing the dead-weight of her left arm so that a little more clear jelly dripped into the water. She couldn’t have healed that wound herself anyway so she did the only thing she could and dug in her nails, teeth gritted, and twisted. “Why don’t you pick of the ssssscrawny one, since clearly you can’t do a thing to harm me? No? Then how about a swim, Feathers.” There was a sickening sound that sent pain through Eliza’s entire body as the last layer of muscle gave way, and her useless left arm went spiralling down into the dark water. As it sank, she saw the fingers shorten and the skin turn pink, leaving an alien, human arm at the very bottom of the artificial ocean.

She would pay for that stunt, as the blood loss from that wound was as dangerous as another blow, but she hoped it would have the desired effect. The thin watery tuff was thickening anyway, turning to more clear jelly around the stump of her arm even as she treaded water, gripping the handle of her sword to prepare for another attack. Never did she let the unnerving grin drop from her face – she wanted Talos to look at her teeth, and at what she had just done, and piss himself.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 5:19 pm

Lutis had time to grin manically before he sunk underneath the surface of the water again, feeling the change in effort he had to put in as Starling lost her balance and followed him into the water. He clawed himself up her arm a little further as she flailed around, pulling her down and sending up clouds of bubbles as she flailed and kicked at him, but quite stubbornly refusing to let go. It was quite unpleasant when she started to scrabble and stick her nails into him too though, and it was quite uncomfortable, so he didn't put up with that for long, giving her one last firm tug before clawing himself back to the surface himself, trying to avoid the too-many flailing limbs Starling had. It was easier once he was at the surface again, hauling himself quite happily back out onto the pedestal.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 10:39 am

Struggling to no avail, Starling was convinced she was dying. Her lungs hurt, her eyes felt like they were bleeding, and she couldn’t move properly in the water at all. /I’m drowning/ she told herself, kicking hard in the direction of Lutis but missing every time. Finally, however, the vice-like grip on her arm vanished, and she was sinking all by herself in the deep water. She kicked her legs ungracefully and flailed her arms and wings, unable to direct herself properly under the water, but finally broke through the surface of the water, coughing and gasping for air. “Your BASTARD! You could have KILLED ME!” she shrieked at Lutis, who looked way too comfortable on that pillar. Shouting sent her under that water again, as she couldn’t kick and shout at the same time, but she quickly surfaced and struggled towards a pillar to haul herself out of the water. She picked one with a big gap before Lutis’ pillar, so she could get out of the water without anything else happening to her. That had been horrible – she wished she’d hit Lutis’ head on the pillar harder now.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 9:13 pm

For a moment, Armeno lost all dignity as Jackdaww shoved him away, limbs flailing madly as he automatically tried to keep his balance and not roll towards the water. After a moment, though, his brain kicked in. Thankful that he hadn't dropped his knife, he used the momentum Jackdaww's shove had given him to bounce back onto his feet, snatching the other man's knife off the ground as he did so and stashing it away in his own sheath with a swift stabbing motion. He couldn't believe such a strong position had gone so badly wrong due to the man flailing a /boot/ around in the air behind him; it was an embarrassment, really. What was done was done however, all he could do now was get the situation back under control as swiftly as possible. Without pausing for a much-needed rest, he hurled himself at Jackdaww, hoping to get the man pinned again before he had a chance to get back on his feet.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 4:20 pm

As soon as Armeno’s weight shifted from his back and the immediate threat of being stabbed was past, Jackdaww pressed up from the floor and sprung to his feet, whirling around to see where Armeno was. He turned around to meet anther tackle from Armeno, but managed to hold his balance. He opened his arms intending to lock shoulders with his opponent, which he hoped would stop the man bringing out his knife again (which would be problematic now that Jackdaww had lost his own). This was not how the battle was supposed to end up- they were both swordsmen dammit, not brawlers.

This was probably not Jackdaww’s wisest tactic. His bots had offered reasonable grip against the damp pillar, but his single dirty, hole-filled sock was much less effective on the smooth surface. He also lacked some of the raw strength that Armeno possessed due to his slight frame and avian blood. He was still close to the centreo f the pillar at present, but the combination of those two factors could easily become problematic for him very quickly.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 9:51 am

“Shouldn’t have tried to break my nose then, eh?” he shouted back, pulling himself away from the edge of the pedestal in case she came his direction. It seemed not though, as she tried to… was that swimming? Whatever it was, she made her way over to another pillar.
He lay back on his own and tried to sort out the sodden locks of his hair, blowing out heavily to get rid of the water from his face. Like this, his head suddenly throbbed horribly, his nose especially where it had thunked against the stone of a different pedestal, and he gingerly touched one hand to it. Ow, that hurt.
“Are you gonna keep tryin’ to break it, or are y’done yet?” Sitting up on his elbows, Lutis looked across at the soggy mess that was Starling, starting to hope she would be done and he could find his way out of here. Swimming was fun, but there was a limit. Also, he wanted his coat back.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 5:13 pm

Starling finally got herself onto the pillar, shivering and coughing. She sat huddling around her knees with her back to Lutis, shaking her wings to rid them of water, but it was futile. “I’m done, it’s ugly enough at is it.” She spat, giving up trying to dry her wings. She turned around to look at him, but her urge to fight had left her. She was cold, wet and miserable, and she just wanted to get out of there. “You still owe me an apology for knocking me out of my seat, but we’re done here. Maybe you should swim on your own from now on.”

The water actually looked menacing now that Starling had established she couldn’t swim very effectively, and she had no desire to stay near it. Spreading her wet wings, she took off messily, deliberately showering droplets of salty water over Lutis as she went. She half-heartedly tried to kick his shoulder as she went past, but aimed too high and missed. She had had enough; she was going back to her seat. Screw the damn Kiaonarian – he could find his own way out of the arena.

Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 5:36 pm

Normally, Lutis was quite the cheerful sort of person, and to see Starling shivering and cold the other side of the arena softened his heart a little. She wasn’t made for swimming, no, but she had at least given it a bit of a try. He touched his fingers to his nose again gingerly, but it seemed there was no lasting damage done. Thank the guardians.
“Good. Done too. Won’t be seein’ you around.” He looked away from her as he tried to find where his coat was, spotting it over on a platform quite a while away. Bloody hell, had they come that far? And he had to get back over there now?!

He flattened himself back down against the pillar as Starling came overhead, twisting to stand and shout after her as she went back to find her seat. She had a big advantage there where he… didn’t.
“Give us a lift would ya? Please? No?” His expression drooped, then he looked around for some sort of help. Well, he needed to get his coat at least.

Always one for theatricalism if he could get it, he turned to the crowd and made a sweeping bow to it at large, before stepping to the edge of the pillar and backwards somersaulting into the water, disappearing below the surface like a merman.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 5:43 pm

Jackdaww might have had time to get to his feet, but Armeno still felt relatively optimistic as they locked into a fairly standard wrestling stance. Apart from the pulsing pain where the knife had cut him, he felt in reasonably good shape, and he was confident that this was one area the one man would lack training in. His own hadn't exactly been extensive, but he'd had a grounding in basic techniques, certainly more than the average swordfighter. Elves simply had more time in which to train; while they were slightly stronger than humans on average, it was that which gave them their real advantage.

Relieving the force he was putting on Jackdaww as they tried to shove each other backwards, Armeno made a small side-step and brought his foot round to sweep the other man's now-bare foot from under him. Hopefully, the combination of Jackdaww's forward motion and the sudden loss of one foot from beneath him would be enough to topple the man; generally, he had been taught, it was more efficient to simply kick out a single foot from underneath an opponent and swivel them down towards the ground using your arms than to try and execute the fiddly move of sweeping away their legs entirely. If he could get Jackdaww on his back, it would be a simple matter to pin him with one foot and hold a sword to his throat.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 10:44 am

Jackdaww had been so confident before, but now that their fight was becoming more of a brawl, Armeno had the advantage. The only brawls Jackdaww had ever been in were in taverns, after more than a little ale and usually about someone playing five aces in a card game. His bare foot slipped from underneath him easily, and although he staggered with the other to try and regain his balance, he fell all the same, landing hard on one knee with his body twisted round, half on his back. He kicked with his remaining boot to try and create enough space to get up and draw his sword. This wasn’t what he had been expecting – not from another ‘proper swordsman’.

He realised quickly that Armeno now how both of the knives in the situation as well. Damnit. He struggled to escape Armeno’s grip, worming his way along the slippery pillar, but again failed to make any great difference. Instead he focused on twisting and writhing his right arm, trying to free that before anything else went wrong.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 3:27 pm

After the devastation Jackdaww's previous boot had wreaked, Armeno was careful to steer clear of the remaining one. Jackdaww was on the ground, true, but he wasn't exactly as vulnerable as the elf would have liked. The way he was squirming around, Armeno was concerned that the man might pull them both off the platform- so as Jack gave a particularly vigorous twist of his right arm, the elf let go of him entirely, allowing him to drop down onto the hard surface of the platform as he drew his sword once more and aimed to drop down onto one knee pinning Jackdaww's chest, with the sword lying across his throat. Whether or not he would succeed was, of course, another matter; the man was as slippery as anything and seemed to get more than his share of luck as well. Of course, none of Armeno's training had included rock-in-the-sea scenarios either; that could just as easily be part of the problem.

Or Jackdaww could even have some proficiency in fighting.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 7:21 pm

the drop the rest of the way to the platform knocked some of the air out of Jackdaww's lungs, but he very quickly heard the sound of steel-on-leather above him. He knew that sound perfectly well - he had been around armed swordsmen more than the average man in Dragons Cove after all, and he wasn't going to wait for the pointy end to reach him. He was twisted over on th ground, and managed to slam his left hand down on the ground to flip himself over violently. He got a knee just about on the stone (which would bruise, he had slammed it down rather hard) and forced himself shoulder first towards Armeno's knees. He had no idea where he hoped this was going, but if he could get them both into the water, at least the sword would be out of the picture. He had never seen a man fight while swimming, and Jackdaww himself had recently discovered that he floated quite excellently.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 10:32 pm

Armeno couldn't quite figure out what had gone wrong with his manoeuvre, but there was no time to review what he had done wrong; suddenly, he found himself being shoved rather bodily towards the water. With no desire to go in there again, he scrambled for purchase on the slippery rock- but his feet simply slid out from underneath him as if he was standing on a sheet of ice. Swearing nastily, he grabbed for Jackdaww's shoulder or head or anything he could use as a handle as he practically danced around the man, nearly falling over several more times in the process. Sorely tempted though he was to give the man a shove in the back and send him into the water himself, somehow he suspected that all it would result in would be him overbalancing and toppling onto his back like some sort of oversized beetle. Pacing away and breathing heavily as he tried to regain his composure- somehow his balance being shaken up like that really threw him off- he levelled his sword, bracing himself for another attack, before lunging forwards and stabbing his sword at Jackdaww's torso.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 6:26 pm

The world was a blur as the pair of fighters twirled on the edge of the pillar, and Jackdaww was sure he felt his hair being pulled at one point, but eventually he found himself at the very edge of the pillar, with Armeno a short distance away, searing by the looks of it. Jackdaww wheeled his arms to keep his balance, but he could easily see Armeno’s sword. Good – he understood swords. Jackdaww managed to grab the hilt of his own sword with his left hand and drew it messily from his unbalanced crouch, trying not to send himself into the water now that he couldn’t take Armeno with him. Armeno’s attack came in fast, and Jackdaww almost flinched away despite his training when the blades clashed. He barely threw his sword up in time to block. Jackdaww swore aloud in frustration at the untidy attack, but ducked under the interlocked swords as best he could, swapping sword-hands during the manoeuvre, in an attempt to come up in a full sanding pose to Armeno’s left. Even a more balanced crouch would do at this stage. Either way, swords were a much safer strategy for him than brawling, and he didn’t intend to let the line be crossed again.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 11:01 pm

Now that he finally had the advantage- standing somewhat stably in the middle of the pillar while Jackdaww flailed on the edge- Armeno didn't intend to let it go. In the second while the swords were braced, Jackdaww managed to regain his balance, but no matter. The man still stood with his back right against the sea, while Armeno bore down on him. He was cold and his wounds hurt, he knew, not to mention the water which soaked his clothes weighing him down, but he'd been colder and he'd worn heavier armour and he'd definitely had worse wounds. He still couldn't suppress a shudder every time he thought of the awful moment Tabri had come down and crushed his arm. It had definitely merited amputation, yet somehow he'd been lucky enough that magic had pulled him through and restored him to fighting condition. In fact, he hardly had a scar to show for the mangled mess which had been his upper arm.

Armeno was not thinking about any of that now, however. They exchanged a few light blows, the elf keeping a close guard and shadowing Jackdaww's every movement to keep him pinned between the edge of the platform and the sword. A feint here, a touch of steel on steel there- and a quick step to the side as Jackdaww made a move. Once he was slightly more comfortable with the situation again, having returned to a- relatively- normal swordfight, Armeno began to press the attack a little more. Really, it didn't matter too much whether he actually scored a hit or whether Jackdaww was simply forced back into the water trying to step away; either one would, hopefully, result in his victory.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 10:43 pm

Against all odds, Jackdaww was back on his feet, and back in his comfort zone. He fought defensively, only moving to black Armeno’s attacks for a while as he recovered his breath as he tried not to slip into the water. He was too close to the edge, but that didn’t worry him hugely right then. He was confident that he could manage the water if it came to that, and everything about the situation was better than the prospect of brawling again. However, when Armeno pressed his attack again, Jackdaww was ready, and he exploded into action.

He swept his sword in a downwards, circular parry and flicked upwards into an attack aimed in a shallow slash across Armeno’s chest. Then, dancing right, he circled around, trying to spiral around to the centre of the column. So long as he kept moving sideways and back, he would remain on the pillar and could press the attack. Well, that was the theory.

Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 8:39 pm

Somebody who knew what they were doing had taught Jackdaww to fight; that was obvious, Armeno thought offhandly. That looping parry had taken him somewhat off guard, being a slight change in fighting style, but he didn't let it distract him and drew his blade back up in time to deflect Jackdaww's blade without too much difficulty. He had made some stupid mistakes earlier on, but he knew now not to underestimate Jackdaww just because he was human- Armeno wasn't about to let himself get over-confident again.

It was easy to see Jackdaww's plan as the man started skipping around the perimeter of the pillar; Armeno would have done the same thing himself. He couldn't let Jackdaww find an opening to slip past Armeno and take the centre of the pillar. Taking a quick, measured step back, the elf widened his range to either side, taking up a light two-handed grip on his sword to be able to use either hand at short notice and therefore get maximum extension to either side. A change in attack strategy to use quick, fierce attacks and feints would hopefully cause Jackdaww to flinch away and into the water without thinking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next