Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 6:23 pm

Stefan spent most of the night walking through Racksom, and the more he walked, the deeper he ventured into the parts the Surahnian army had not completely occupied yet. A lot of the buildings were in complete ruins, but at least there were no more bodies lying around. That he did have to hand to the military, they were very efficient in certain aspects; well, probably in most but Stefan couldn’t see the positive things about all of them.

However, once again coming close to what this war for the good of their people had done for the other side was horrifying and he just couldn’t understand why Lourna wanted to join an army who would do that. Of course, from his studies, he also knew that no army was better and in the end it was just a matter of who had the better cards. Stefan just didn’t want to be involved in this sort of thing, even if somehow he didn’t really have a lot of choice in the end. He also knew that if times were hard, he would be called upon as well to serve but he sincerely hoped that time would not come. He had done a great job at avoiding it so far, he would continue to do so if only possible.

When morning came along, he briefly returned home but only to get some food before heading out again, out of the city this time. What he really needed was peace and quiet, and now that the city was waking up again he would not get it within its walls. He still wasn’t sure what he should think about the whole incident the previous night but he was also very aware of the fact that he might just be overthinking the whole thing a tad.
Spreading himself out on the grass where he had lain with Lourna to look at the stars, he intended to stay there all day, enjoying the sunlight and the calm surrounding him, only broken by the odd bestial sound. If anyone came looking for him, his mother knew where he was but she also knew that she wasn’t supposed to tell this to just anyone. To be quite frank, there were only two people he’d want to talk to, one of which was the woman he loved, the other was their partner in crime.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 9:05 pm

When she was told her love wasn't at either place, she'd received a hint that he wasn't in the city. That left only one place he could be: the field. She left the box with his mother, knowing she wasn't much a fan of cinnamon rolls, and ran away from the house as fast as she could go. Getting back to that road wasn't too tough, but like the first time she tumbled down the hill and landed on her rear. "I've got to learn to stop falling down this hill or he'll never let me live it down." she muttered. She stood back up and scanned the area before starting off into the grass and subsequently, thanks to her graceful nature, she tripped over the man she was trying to find. "I think it's safe to say I've "fallen" for you by now, Stefan."

She moved and turned to him with a smile. "You asked me to think and I couldn't possibly make a career in the army, since I'm really just a replacement and I might just end up being temporary until someone else fills my place. I'll have to stop pursuing my dream of being Bowmaster, but there are other ways of achieving greatness." She was sad that she'd have to abandon that dream, but she had decided to go after her dream of baking for royalty instead. "Siofra will still come around probably, and I will 'not' abandon Sinyaya; none of that will change. The only thing that will change is I will make a thriving career out of that bakery and be equally as good as an archer, but only when called upon for such things." She moved to lay next to him and looked worried. "I knew I'd be giving up something one way or the other, but just this morning I caught myself daydreaming about that wedding cake I designed. I cannot go an entire day without thinking of you, so giving you up in favor of a promising military career is not going to happen. I'd go mad if I didn't have you."
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 12:24 pm

Laughing out loud when Lourna suddenly came sailing down the hill only to fall over him as well, Stefan lifted himself up on his elbows. “Head over heels, huh?” He was glad to see her, glad that she had found her way here. This was their spot, the place where they could talk more openly and pour out their hearts without being afraid of being considered traitors or whatnot in case someone overheard. Nobody was ever here.

He didn’t say anything else however, knowing that she had something on her mind that she needed to let out, which was also most likely the reason why she had come here to find him. Thus, he let her talk, not saying anything that was on his own mind. However, upon hearing her words, his eyes opened a little wider in wonder and he couldn’t help the happy smile from spreading all over his face.

Passing up the opportunity to actually say something, Stefan quite simply leaned over and kissed her. He kissed her with a previously unstated passion to show her just how much she meant to him because he knew that when he said something, it would come out all wrong or not sound the way he wanted it to sound.

When he came up for air, he said in a low voice. “I never wanted you to give up anything. I just wanted you to be sure of what you really wanted out of what you are doing. I will be by your side no matter what you decide to do; I just want you to be absolutely certain. I love you.”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:00 am

"Please don't ever leave me alone again like you did last night. Going through most of today was painful without you." She was more than willing to put yesterday night out of her mind and pretend it had never happened, but there was also the matter of his present. "I dropped off a case of cinnamon buns at your mother's home, apparently they didn't sell well today." She ran a hand through his hair and looked at the sky. "Maybe we can stay out tonight and watch the stars like we tried the other day? It feels a good deal warmer now than it was then." She watched clouds roll by and flopped back to get a better viewpoint.

"This time I think I'll bring Sinyaya, poor thing needs fresh air now and then." She let her eyes drift shut to bask in the sunlight without troubling herself with the brightness. "I missed you last night." The gentle breeze cooled her face for a brief moment before becoming warm again and she cracked a smile. "She's no longer finding rats a challenge and she needs something bigger to hold her attention. Would you mind if I let her roam around a little while you educate me in astronomy?"
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 8:17 am

“I missed you too,” Stefan admitted, but the thought of cinnamon buns waiting for him at home didn’t keep him in the field much longer. And the mention of spending the night beneath the stars even less so. “Alright, let’s go pack our things then. Food and blankets for the night and you’ll need a rather large basket for Sinyaya because you can’t parade her through the streets. I’ll go get whatever I need from my place, then I’ll come over to yours and we can carry the dragon basket together. It will be too heavy for just one person all the way. She is growing after all.”

It was a good two hours later when they finally were back in the field. Stefan let Lourna take care of Sinyaya while he spread a couple of blankets on the floor for them to lie on and a couple more to huddle in. Food and drink in abundance was placed within reach as well so they wouldn’t have to worry about anything anymore that evening.

Comfortably settling himself in already, he waited for Lourna to come snuggle up to him so they could relax into the evening. Instead of Lourna snuggling up to him however, a shadow suddenly spread over him. With a yelp, he got onto his feet, only to realise he was staring into a wild dragon’s face. A very curious face at that. Cocking its head to the side, it looked Stefan over, slowly stretching its neck until its nose almost touched him, loudly sucking in air through its nostrils as it inspected Stefano, who was frozen to the spot in surprise, and a little fear. This was an adult dragon after all. An adult and wild dragon. Where had that just suddenly come from? His eyes quickly scanned the immediate area to see if Lourna and Sinyaya were alright. For now, he didn’t want to make any sudden movements however, just in case the dragon decided he was appropriate for dinner.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 3:50 pm

Lourna heard the yelp and jumped out of her skin before looking at Stefan and freezing solid. She wanted to call for Sinyaya, but figured that alerting this dragon was not a smart idea. Instead she inched her hand over and tapped the side of the basket, thus alerting her precious darling that it was safe to get out of the basket. The little glowing dragon pushed the basket lid up, put her small paws on the edge of the container, and observed the scene with wide curious eyes. She'd gotten the hang of speaking a bit of the common language from talking to Siofra and was now quite excited to see another dragon. "Oh wow!" Her baby-like excitement was just too much to contain, she was in the presence of a really big, really amazing looking dragon! Truthfully there weren't too many creatures that could ignore the cuteness of of a small purring Night dragon, and Sinyaya was going to use that to make a new friend!

Lourna could only watch her companion sneak over to try and talk to the rather large dragon that was inspecting Stefan. Guess their fate was in Sinyaya's tiny little paws. "Hey! You up there! Will you be my friend?" Willow Mother be merciful, if this fully grown behemoth left them alone thanks to this baby then a true celebration was in order! The only thing to do was pray things went over smoothly.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 7:57 am

Stefan was still staring at the dragon when he noticed from the corner of his eye that Lourna had sent Sinyaya into the game. He wasn’t quite sure whether it was a good idea or not, then again, dragon and dragon would be easier for communication than dragon and human. Or maybe that wasn’t the case? Sinyaya after all could speak, maybe this dragon could too? But would it understand Surahnian? Probably not. Though there was no harm in trying, he figured.

Before he could say something however, the little night dragon had already begun babbling at the large dragon. The latter paused in its sniffing of Stefan’s clothes and looked towards the small creature. Bending down to inspect the creature a little closer, the dragon snorted at Sinyaya. “You smell like human.” Its voice was a rumble deep inside the obviously male dragon’s throat. He kept his eyes locked on the little dragon, wondering what to do with it before looking from one human to the other before his eyes settled on Lourna. “So you’re the one who has gotten herself a pet dragon. How lovely.”

Even though Stefan didn’t understand most of what the dragon said, his common was still a little rusty, he could easily detect the underlying tone of sarcasm and frowned in confusion. He had read that dragons were intelligent creatures and he had personally come to experience this with Sinyaya, but he hadn’t thought they could amount to such levels of intelligence as to be able to converse like a human would. But maybe for the night dragon he had let himself be mislead because she was still so very young. This dragon was obviously quite a bit older.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 2:01 pm

Lourna froze in place and nodded quietly. "I-I wouldn't call her a pet really. She can come and go as she pleases, but she has chosen to stay thus far." Sinyaya looked a little perturbed at the large dragon whose voice was far deeper than any she'd heard and began shaking. "We just wanted to watch the stars." came her small, squeaky voice. Scared well beyond measure Sinyaya ran back to Lourna and curled up in her lap. 'Poor thing's terrified of this big dragon. Guess I'll need to handle this.' She didn't get up, instead projected her voice and tried not to sound as scared as Yaya did. "We do not have any intention of staying out here forever, but if you wish us to leave then by all means we can."

The last thing she wanted was a ticked off male dragon coming after them. She wanted to scold him for scaring her little friend, but didn't want her head bitten off and thus refrained. "Stefan perhaps we should go back up the hill or put this off until another day. This will certainly not be the only day we can come out here. We can spend the evening inside since we are apparently trespassing." The blue dragon did not hesitate to jump back into her basket and wait for Lori to pick her up. She folded up two of the blankets and put everything away before waiting for him to move.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 2:23 pm

“Well that is her choice then,” the male dragon grunted as he turned away from Lourna to stare at Stefan again. “You are different. Why?”
Stefan looked surprised and his eyebrows raced for the sky. “Me? Different? I’m just an ordinary human being like any other.” He couldn’t fathom what the dragon was trying to tell him, at least he couldn’t think of anything other than the fact that he was scrawnier looking due to a lack of physical training.
The dragon shook his head, his black eyes studying the young man before him. “No.” The simple retort held a world of unspoken things within its sound but the male refused to elaborate despite the human’s questioning look.

Turning back towards Lourna and Sinyaya, who was back in her basket by that time, the dragon looked at the hatchling, his expression softening somewhat. “You have a lot to learn yet. You haven’t even grown into your powers yet.”
Stretching his wings wide, the dragon spoke to Lourna again. “Stay. If you truly mean it that the little one can do whatever she pleases then stay here tonight. Let her learn. Tonight will be a good night for watching stars.” And with that the large male launched himself into the air and disappeared as quickly and as quietly as he had appeared.

It was a few moments before Stefan could regain his senses and managed to speak. “Wow, that was… odd.” Walking over to Lourna and Sinyaya, he asked, worry and amazement shaping his tone of voice: “Are you both alright?”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 8:36 pm

"A bit rattled, and in a good bit of awe but otherwise fine." Sinyaya hopped back out and ran up into the sky a little way after the big dragon and said her goodbyes before running back to Lori and nibbling on one of the pastries she found in the basket. "Don't be too tempted to sit around with us Yaya, go explore a little, it's part of why we brought you here." With that the little one took off into the grass chasing some kind of bug, leaving the humans to their own devices. Lori looked up at her partner and smiled, beckoning him to sit as she unfolded the blanket. "Come, sit back down. I don't think we'll get anymore unwanted visitors."

After pouring herself a drink and taking a gulp, she flopped back and covered up with one of the blankets to get a better view of the constellations. "Which one is this over here...?" She'd been pointing to the archer, but really was not versed in the names of star formations. The night was calm, somewhat warm, and the lightest breeze ruffled the grass around them. "This is perfect, absolutely perfect." She was starting to catch glimpses of fireflies coming out and dancing on the wind, and really tried to enjoy the night while she could.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 11:50 am

“I wouldn’t say unwanted, just unexpected. I really would have liked to talk to that dragon a bit longer. Or at least observe it. Fascinating creature really.” Stefan was still staring after the dragon even though it wasn’t even visible anymore – it really had flown off very quickly but with those huge wings that had been no wonder. His brain was working on overdrive as he contemplated what had just transpired. He would have to consult a few of his books and see what he could come up with, but not now.

Joining Lourna on the blanket, he instantly launched into an explanation of the various constellations they could spot without it turning into a full on lecture. It was a perfectly lovely evening and the breeze didn’t turn too chilly with lots of animals out and about on the ground and in the air. It was wonderful really. There were many things to see and to talk about and the time passed so quickly that it was already midnight before they had realised it was so late. Only the high position of the moon told them that they had already talked away most of their time together.

“I don’t think there’s many more to see that I could tell you about, and frankly,” Stefan grinned, “my mouth is starting to feel a little fuzzy with all the talking. I didn’t mean to turn this into a school lesson, I’m sorry. Is there any more left of that delicious wine?” He’d had his fair share already but he wouldn’t mind another glass, it would hopefully also distract him enough of Lourna’s proximity. “And maybe a cinnamon bun or something?” He knew there still had to be one or two left but he nevertheless wasn’t quite certain about it. Dinner was long past but they hadn’t really eaten all that much, and all this talking had made him a little hungry.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 4:34 pm

She handed him the bottle and one of the cinnamon buns before getting comfy and snuggling up to her bookish companion. "Wow, what's that Stefan?" she asked pointing to a shooting star. "It's so beautiful..." She'd never seen a shooting star before, and it was mesmerizing. "You must feel like this a good deal, always seeing and learning about new things." The moon was bright and illuminated the entire surrounding area, but what she was fixated on was how brightly Stefan's eyes shone. "Your eyes shine with a sun-like brilliance when you look at the stars. They make His Majesty's fine gold look like unpolished lead." She nibbled on a bit of dried meat and stifled a yawn as the late hours of the night started to work its way into her mind.

"Perhaps we should soon return to the city, or make ready to sleep out here under the stars. I fear I cannot stay awake for too much longer." Her stargazer was more comfortable to rest on than even her bed was on her sleepiest of nights, despite his slender build and lack of prominent muscle. Sinyaya was still off chasing fireflies when she'd started to yawn, so while her smaller friend wasn't looking she leaned over and kissed the young astronomer's cheek. "We should be getting home, we cannot wait until dawn to return with a dragon in a basket my darling."
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 1:14 pm

“Weren’t you the one who wanted to spend a night underneath the stars?” he joked as he returned her kiss. After lying back on the blanket for a good few more minutes, he finally made to get up, though he really didn’t want to disturb Lourna, who seemed to practically be falling asleep on top of him. “Let’s fetch that little mischief of yours and head back then, while we really still do have the cover of the night.”

Lourna was right, there were too many people milling about the streets in the early morning hours and it wouldn’t do to be caught with a dragon in a basket, even if most people probably wouldn’t look into the basket. Though they would wonder what on earth they’d been doing outside of the city with such a large basket, and it wouldn’t necessarily be polite questions. Then again, maybe Stefan’s brain was just working overtime and nothing would happen, even if they did wander in mid-morning with a very heavy basket between them.

Packing their stuff together was done fairly quickly, though Stefan wouldn’t have minded dragging it out a little. He really did prefer this sort of thing than being stuck inside the city all the time. “Well, yes,” he picked up her earlier line of conversation as they were walking back to the bakery, “this is practically what it is like for me all the time, but seeing things in reality rather than just seeing them in books makes it all the more interesting, more exciting. It’s like with baking, I guess. It’s fascinating to find and read a new recipe but it’s so much better when you can actually get down and do it rather than just hear or read about it. Isn’t it?” For a moment, he felt a little sheepish, because he had been assuming it would be similar but thinking about it now, he wasn’t quite sure. It made sense to him at least, but he was interested in hearing what Lourna thought about it.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 4:02 am

"It's always more fun for me to actually apply the recipe than to sit about reading it. More fun for the people who buy things from me everyday to get an actual pastry than a recipe card." As soon as the door was shut her dragon was out of the basket and up in the rafters to hunt the bugs. 'Silly little baby.' she thought to herself as she put away the basket. "I know I said I wanted to sleep under the stars, and I'm sorry, but next time we should take a tent and make it a proper camping trip, so we don't get rained on when the dew falls in the morning." She reached over and ruffled up his hair, sporting a cheeky grin as she went over some last minute paper-related things. "Do you think I might be able to accompany you at the library sometime?"

While waiting for his answer, she got the counter re-organized and looked back at him expectantly. "If your superiors and colleagues would be displeased with my presence then I suppose I'll visit on my own, but I should like to have a tour one day with you when you aren't too terribly busy." After a quick dash to fix her bed and get a fire going, it was easy to tell that she wanted sleep, and badly. "If you'd like to sit up and read, you're more than welcome to browse my limited cook books, but I'm going to pass out at this rate. I bid you goodnight, love."
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 1:43 pm

Stefan nodded as Lourna explained how she felt about it. Much the same as him, and he was pleased that at least in this respect they were on exactly the same page.
“Oh that is absolutely not a problem. It isn’t as though the library is off limits, and I can do what I want when I choose so, though I’m much to honest, I believe. It will be my utmost pleasure to show you around a little. Many of the books in there have been salvaged either from the battle here in New Surahnia, or they have been brought along on the ships. We tried to take along as many as we could without overloading the ships of course.”

Before, he went off on a ramble, the young man stopped himself and quite simply followed Lourna up the stairs, not seeing the point in telling her that he had not been reading the last couple of nights he had spent here, and thus he would not need it now. He had briefly gotten the impression as though she had not wanted him up in her bed that night but he brushed the thought away as nothing. If she really did have a problem, she would tell him. Of course, it could also just be a subconscious payback for him leaving the night before. But seeing that they had managed to work around the issue, he wasn’t going to bring it up anymore, and quite simply went on as though nothing had happened.

The next couple of days followed much the same routine. Each of them went about their own business but they met up as often as they could but work seemed to have piled up ominously for Stefan which thus kept them apart for most of the time, leaving them unable to spend more than just the evening hours or maybe an hour or so around lunch time when everybody else was busy with others things and didn’t need Stefan.

Siofra kept to herself for all that time, busy with matters of the military and preparing her unit for a short scouting trip around the surrounding areas in the near future. Most of her time was spent in the archery training area, shouting at some of the new recruits because they flat-out refused to take her advice or didn’t manage to get her words into their brains for good. It was frustrating work and therefore she was glad when she could spend a few hours each day on her own, not having to deal with anyone else or their problems.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 3:55 am

It wasn't exactly a big deal to go see Siofra, for Lori at least. She brought a box, in which sat a hot apple pie, since she hadn't really seen her superior in some time it was nice to go check on her. "Siofra! How goes the training? They giving you trouble?" New soldiers could be quite tough to work with, as she well knew because her first mission was a total disaster, but at least her superior and her lover didn't mention it. Though it was easily just as likely that Stefan had no idea what kind of idiot she'd made of herself. "I won't be here for too long, there's been some sort of upset at the library and the scholars are getting stressed about it. I haven't found out exactly what's going on but it's never easy to tell if those people have actually found something to be stressed about or if they're going stir crazy from lack of proper sunlight."

Her thoughts strayed back to Stefan and she grew worried for him concerning what kept him so busy. She wanted to mention it, but she'd come here to hear about Siofra and how she was doing, she could go to the source and complain to him about how worried she was when he wasn't too busy. Well maybe complain wasn't the correct word but the sentiment was the same.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 9:38 am

Before Siofra even considered replying to Lourna, she squinted at one of the archers, knocking one of her arrows and after tracing his poor movement for a while, shot it straight between his feet, making him stumble over the arrow and fall flat on her face. “You need to move quicker!”
Grunting in dismay, the recruit got back to his feet, removed the now broken arrow from the ground and put it in his quiver. He knew he would have to replace it for breaking it. Siofra was relentless on that matter. Even if it had been herself to shoot the arrow in the spot, he was the one who had broken it.

“Ah, yes the scholars. Some of their scrolls have mysteriously disappeared. Important ones, and a few of the superior officers are up their asses about it,” Siofra explained to her friend, her voice rising in annoyance as her eyes followed the movement of yet another trainee. Without further ado, she knocked and shot, sending the next one flying.

“I’m going to spend the entire evening making new arrows with this sad little bunch of wanna-be archers. Hopeless!” the last word was yelled for the benefit of the group training under her supervision. Sweat was pouring down their faces and their hands were starting to be calloused by the many arrows she had them shoot; their feet blistered by the movement exercises she made them do.

Looking at Lourna, she frowned briefly at her appearance, not sure whether Lourna looked worried because that simply seemed to be what she does or whether something really was up. “It wouldn’t do you any harm to get in a training session yourself again to keep up the physical exercise. And stop worrying about Stefan, he’s not quite as incompetent as you sometimes seem to believe him to be.”
Her words were harsh, but Siofra was in a bad mood and had zero tolerance for anything. Her days were rough at the moment and she barely got time for personal pleasure apart from the few hours each day she spent in quiet an peaceful solitude.

“I’m going to take them into the woods tomorrow in groups for some proper exercise. Think about it,” she offered before she turned back to the recruits, sending yet another one flying with a third arrow, which consequently was splintered into little pieces.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 8:20 pm

"Wouldn't do to get rusty, I suppose. Would it be alright for me to stay around and practice with your group, maybe accompany you tomorrow?" To blame Siofra for her harsh words when she had days like this was like blaming the sun for shining. It just wasn't done, it was silly. "Gives you less to worry about if you have one of your pupils around to do some of the yelling for you. Also gives you some time to eat that pie I brought you." Thank the Mother she'd had the forethought to go ahead and bring her bow with her, or she'd be rather embarrassed. "Time to embarrass some horrendous archers." Siofra's teachings weren't impossible, they were rather easy if they were listened to. "You're all truly idiots if you can't grasp what she's saying. You should be so lucky to have the Second in Command as your instructor." With that she loosed a series of arrows, about 5, with only one not hitting the bulls-eye.

"Every one of you should be able to do this with no trouble. Learn or be disgraced, she does not have time to waste in dealing with your ignorance!" Hopefully hearing it from a fellow archer who had learned from the fire-haired elf would make it easier. "Should you be disgraced the ramifications will be most painful." It was always bad news to hear that you were a laughing stock because you couldn't do your job right, archer or otherwise. It wouldn't do for her friend to get a bad reputation because her recruits refused to learn.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 5:21 pm

The most annoying thing probably was that Siofra was so dumbfounded by the sudden action Lourna took that she was incapable of saying anything whatsoever. Of course, she was right with shouting at them to listen to what Siofra told them but it simply wasn’t her place. Did Lourna have any idea of what she was doing? Not only to herself but to Siofra along in the process? Who did she think she was simply taking over command as though she was more than a simple archer somewhere in the unit far down the hierarchy line?

This was the Surahnian army. Disobeying and rule breaking was quite simply unacceptable, whether this was by a lower or a higher ranking officer, not even mentioning a simple member of a unit, with or without special orders or assignments.
“Keep up those exercises. When I come back, you will be able to do them flawlessly. Lourna! Over here. Right now!

Siofra barely managed to reign in her temper, all her concentration flowing into not releasing the arrow currently knocked to her bow. “Thank you for the cake and for your concern,” she said through gritted teeth, her eyes spewing with unreleased fury, her arm straining as she pointed the arrow only inches from her friend’s face. “But if you ever disrespect me like this again, embarrass me in front of my soldiers and assume that you can take charge of a group of archers without clear permission and instruction to do so, if you ever ridicule me like this again, I swear, this arrow isn’t going to miss its target. M’kay pumpkin?”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 3:51 am

"Excuse me for trying to help. Good day then, Siofra." Friends didn't shoot each other over things like this either but if she said any more it was likely enough she'd get shot. "I should leave you to your torturous training session." 'So you can simmer down and keep from killing me just because some idiots pissed you off.' she thought sourly. It wasn't the first time she'd thought to simply abandon her people in favor of a life free of such strict ideals, but each time she thought about it she felt worse for it. Every now and then things like this would just get to her and she'd spend the entire afternoon pounding out bread dough, then everything would blow over and be just fine. Lately everyone was just on edge about goings-on and it was just a matter of time before it got quiet again. Maybe it was best she leave everyone alone for a few days and just focus on spending time with Sinyaya. Perhaps things would get sorted on their own if she just quit trying to help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8