Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 10:47 am

“Reinforcements?” Siofra laughed briefly. “No.” And it was true, by the time reinforcements got here, the two women would have been able to nail most of these drunkards if not all of them to walls, the floor, each other. Siofra wasn’t very fussed about where she shot them, preferably in parts where it hurt and she was doing exactly that.

Lourna had been quick on the defensive reaction but she was far too shocked by her own reaction for it to do any good to the woman, and Siofra said as much while shooting off a few arrows of her own, which embedded themselves in soft squishy parts that people generally did not want to see hurt. “Just shoot, don’t fret over a shot that may have gone wrong or you’re going to throw off your whole aim for the next arrows. If you kill one by chance...” Siofra shrugged.

None of her arrows were aimed to merely scare off the men, all of them were aimed to hurt. In contrast to what Lourna seemed to be intent on doing.
“Have you not had enough yet?” she asked, her voice still clear and calm, in the meantime audible above the battle noise, which had died down a lot but only to mostly be replaced by whining and yelps of pain coming from the men.
As one of them started to complain about their treatment, the half-elf’s voice dropped a few more degrees. “The next time you think about getting into a brawl, think again. The next time a superior officer tells you what to do and you disobey, you’re losing more than just a finger, a toe, or maybe even your balls. Are we clear on that? If I see this one more time, I will not be so generous in my aiming.”
Siofra wasn't particularly proud of what she was doing but she needed to keep up a reputation and actually reinforce it as well. And where to better start than with the people who were producing the most gossip in a place - the drunkards and the gullible.

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 4:49 pm

Lori had been quick to react only because she felt she was being threatened, and as far as nerves went she was now a wreck despite not acting like it. Now she simply surveyed the scene and lowered her bow but did so very slowly in case one of them was angry enough to try coming at them. Just her luck that someone DID get up and try rushing them. Instead of firing an arrow, shockingly, she swung her bow around and knocked him across the face. "That should teach you not to act foolishly." she muttered. She hoped they wouldn't be in too much trouble for what they'd done, but soon her thought process meandered back to her shop, and the fact her precious little dragon was probably not very happy and being left alone.

Well, now that things seemed to have calmed down, she looked back to Siofra and at least attempted a smile. "Shall we go back so you can finish your pie?" There was also the sinking feeling that Yaya would be tearing the place to pieces from anxiety, but she hoped that the little dragon could be somewhat patient and wait for her to return. "Provided the little one hasn't done irreparable damage in our absence."
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 5:36 pm

Siofra looked at Lourna with an unreadable expression on her face as the woman slapped her bow across her attacker’s face, wondering why she had not gone for a more severe defence. She didn’t think it would have been worth killing the man over, of course not, but she was a little surprised at how vulnerable Lourna suddenly appeared in comparison to some of the other Surahnian women Siofra had met.

“I’m sure the dragon is just fine. Same goes for your shop,” Siofra replied, her tone distant as she looked back at the men, wondering what they were going to do now. True to fashion however when a high-ranked person told them what to do – and they were sober enough to actually realise it – they were all grumbling indefinable things and buggered back off to wherever it was they had come from.

Putting up her bow and arrow again, Siofra turned away from the scene. She could collect the arrows later on when she was heading back.
Forcing herself to smile, Siofra replied: “Oh yes, thank you. Finishing the pie would be nice. It is just too delicious not to finish it!” It would hopefully take her mind of things. She knew she wasn’t getting into trouble for it, it was part of her job after all, but she had not liked the way it had all gone. Something had been off, though she wasn’t quite sure where the problem lay.
“Everything alright?” she asked, just to make sure Lourna was really alright. She wasn’t hurt, that much Siofra knew, but the young woman still seemed rather shook up.

Last edited by Eldarwen on Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 6:29 pm

"I'm a bit wet behind the ears I guess you could say. I only just recently took my mother's position in the unit, so I'm trying to get accustomed to it. I'm sorry that I'm not up to par yet." Lourna tried her hardest to make everything work, but there were occasions where she just couldn't do it by herself. Thankfully things had calmed down in recent weeks, and she actually had time to plan her schedule, much less actually breathe. When the elf smiled, she turned and walked back over to her shop to prop the door open and let in some fresh air. She was also sorely tempted to send the rest of the pie off with her visitor as a gift. Perhaps that would be her way of saying 'thank you' for the advice at target practice.

She wasn't all that shocked to hear Yaya still pawing at the door, but she had figured the little dragon would have long since gone back to sleep. When the door opened, the first person to be greeted turned out to be Siofra, and THAT was the shocker. "Siofr-ra!" she piped as she ran in little circles around the woman's feet. There was just something about elves that would forever prod at Yaya's curiosity, maybe it was their innate use of magic, or maybe it was just that they looked like the perfect people to cuddle with. More than likely it would end up be the latter. "Pretty!" she exclaimed as she rubbed against her leg much like an affectionate cat.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 8:30 am

The tension in the woman was obvious but Siofra let it slide. Lourna would need to learn how to deal with these sorts of situations and herself on her own. However, the half-elf made herself a mental note to test Lourna’s nerves further, though not necessarily on this day. There would be plenty of opportunity some other time.

The greeting she received at the shop was something she herself had not imagined however and it was now her turn to be somewhat ill at ease. It wasn’t that she didn’t like the dragon but rather that she was very aware of the fact that someone else’s dragon was strolling around her legs, asking for her attention.

“Now now little one,” she soothed the night dragon, “everything is just fine.” She bent down to gently pat Sinyaya before looking at Lourna again. “Getting up to par should be your foremost goal then,” she picked up the conversation where they had left of before entering the shop, “and you should start practising your shooting skills more often. Because that is all that it takes – practice. I don’t know how regularly you have practised so far but as of now I want to see you practise with your bow and arrow every single day. Baking is something you can do at all times, and improving will come with testing a few things. However, it is not a skill necessary for your survival, or for the survival of the army. Archery on the contrary is a skill you should not neglect.”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 1:59 am

"I practice as often as I can, usually at night after supper since by then I've closed up shop and the rest of my daily duties are done. I know I don't act properly like a soldier worth her salt, but I'm improving every day!" she assured her superior, for fear of being punished. When Yaya hurried back behind the counter to nap, Lori scanned over a list and glanced about the room. "Starting to get used to my schedule I think. After first being given this place everything was a wreck, from the house to the store to my practice routine. Guess it just took a little time for the shock to go away." Things were still taking their sweet time in fully cooperating with her set timetable, but the odd hiccup was a good thing for her managerial skills.

"Don't suppose business ventures are all that interesting to you, are they?" she asked looking back up with a small smile. Everything had been accounted for and all sales matched up thus far. It was a good day aside from the brawling that'd just been suppressed outside. There was also the tantalizing question of just what in the world make this elf smile. Seemed like she didn't smile much at all and it was starting to get a bit unnerving. "Other than pie, is there anything else you especially like?" she ventured to inquire.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 9:15 am

“Good,” Siofra acquiesced as Lourna explained her routine. “Keep it up that way. You cannot not practise, otherwise it’ll never work out properly.” Of course, it didn’t escape her that the Surah had suddenly seemed a little afraid of her but the half-elf couldn’t blame her for it. Siofra’s display of authority and cruelty sometimes was designed for it. Not that she overly enjoyed it. The things that needed to be done sometimes.

“No, business has never been quite my thing,” Siofra confirmed. “Though of course without it, we seem to be a little lost these days. Too many dishonest people trying to screw you over when it comes to conventional haggling.” Times were changing a little, that was no secret but it was less the times than the people, Siofra thought.

“What I like other than pie?” Siofra asked, lightly cocking her head to the side, as she took a seat next to the window where she could keep an eye on the outside and the inside of the shop at the same time. “Anything with apples really. And preferably things that can be stored for a while rather than needing to be eaten straight away so they don’t go bad. Though of course I do enjoy the occasional sinfully delicious piece of cake as well.”

Watching Lourna for a few more minutes, she countered the question: “What about you then? You ask me about my favourites. What are yours?”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 5:49 pm

"Oh, w-well to be honest I'm not quite sure, what with all that's gone on lately. I'm finding that most of what I make here tastes good, but my favorite fruit is the peach. Apparently they either don't grow around here or they aren't in season, I'm hoping for the latter." She'd never really thought about the things she liked, they were just there and most simply learned about those things by watching her. "I'm afraid my answer is likely not satisfactory, but I don't know how to express myself very well. Nobody has ever asked me that question before." Nor would many people ask her that in the future it seemed. Lori didn't want to appear hurt by that fact, but deep down she was disappointed that she wasn't up to speed like the rest of her generation.

"Surahnian girls tend to marry early, and at eighteen I'm starting to get rather old, or so I keep hearing. I wish it weren't true, but that seems to be the case." She knew the elf was far older than she appeared, and began to wonder why 20 was such a big deal. She mixed a batch of sourdough and set it aside to rise before smiling to herself. "There is one thing I'm quite sure I like, having a family. If I didn't have my mother I don't know what would've become of me after Racksom."
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 7:50 pm

“Well, there is a first time for everything,” Siofra said, a small smile playing around the corners of her lips. “To be honest, I’m not really an expert on what I do or do not like either. It isn’t something I particularly think about most of the time.” The notion of sadness that had passed through Lourna’s eyes had not escaped the half-elf but she did not inquire after it. It wasn’t her place.

“Marriage is overrated. You don’t need a man by your side to prove your worth or to prove that you can fulfil your duties. But of course, most people don’t accept such a way of thinking. I say this though, so that you do not feel diminished in who you are, especially in comparison with others.” Siofra frowned slightly but didn’t look angry. She wasn’t either, she was merely stating facts. It was true that marriage was considered a must, especially for girls who should not be able to be without a family, especially a husband; however, she also believed that there was no reason for a woman not to prove her worth without abiding by such conventional rules. She would be in the wrong position if she did think a husband was important.

“As for a family... well, I guess you now have a new member who is quite a handful and will keep you fairly busy.” Still watching Lourna work away, while she herself was eating her pie, she added: “Don’t do what others expect of you. Do what you do best and keep doing it. While following rules of course. But you shouldn’t change for the sake of others, because it will not make you any happier. Probably on the contrary.”
Realising that she was talking way too much, Siofra shut up abruptly and focused on her apple pie instead.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 4:07 pm

Lori turned to face her guest with a hopeful shine to her eyes and leaned against the counter. "I'm already slightly suspect for the fact I've yet to marry and have children. Some girls my age have toddlers clinging to their skirts when they come in here, it's almost laughable looking at how the rest of the island seems to operate." Hearing her tell her to do what made her happy caused her to pause on her way to check the dough. "I don't very much enjoy the idea of war to be honest, it makes me feel a bit sick. Not to say I won't do what's asked of me, but it doesn't sit well with me." She felt it went against the principles of her religion as well, but that was a live can of worms waiting to happen, so she refrained from saying more on the matter as she kneaded the dough.

"I'm happy to have Sinyaya, very happy indeed." It happened to be at that moment that the aforementioned dragon ran across the counter and ended up under the blob of dough that'd been getting tossed about. "Oof!" She squirmed and squeaked, eventually wriggling free of the cold, almost slimy pile of goo that she tried to run under. "Yaya!" started Lourna as she set her hands on her hips. "I thought I told you not to sit on the counter when I'm kneading dough!" She pulled small bits of what would later be bread off her little companion and cuddled her in her arms. "Why don't you go sit with Miss Siofra? You won't have to eat the pie, just sit with her and be good alright?" With that being said, off Yaya ran to sit beside the elf as Lori got the bread ready to go into the oven. "Dragon-proofing the entire place isn't such a smart thing after all, since she's getting to be quite big in such a short amount of time."
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 9:59 pm

“Nobody should like war. And those that do, or pretend that they do, should reconsider the sanity of their mind and body. I’m not saying that sometimes it isn’t necessary, but it should never become a way of life. Especially on such a large scale as we are facing now.”

Siofra’s face clouded over at the thought of what they actually were in the middle of, as easy as it was to forget about it while sitting in a bakery surrounded by lovely smells and delicious food.

She had had to smile though at the image of women with toddles hanging by their skirts walking into the shop, and she was quite glad that she did not have to face such a problem. Not that she did not like children, but she preferred them when they weren’t her own.

When Sinyaya came to sit with her, Siofra patted her on the head lightly before replying to Lourna: “Dragon-proofing the shop isn’t going to do you any good either way. They’re very intelligent; she would bypass any proofing you’d do in a matter of hours anyways. Most likely at least.”
Turning towards the dragon, she mock reprimanded her: “You should listen to what she tells you. It’s for your own good. Just watch, you might not get any more goodies anymore if you don’t behave yourself.”

“Say the war were to end tomorrow. What would you do with your life?” Siofra asked, leaning back in her seat as she munched on the last piece of the apple pie. “What would you change about your current situation?”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 10:36 pm

"If it were to end tomorrow? I suppose. . .I suppose I'd rest a lot easier at night for one thing. And for another I'd likely get out of this city and really see the rest of the island. Can't imagine why previous generations want to destroy the magic of this place, it likely wouldn't be the same without it." Turned out she was right, she just had no idea. Yaya crept over and sat by the counter quietly, only to curl up and go to sleep. Therefore, Lourna moved her to the back room and came back to fiddle with something. "If it were all to end tomorrow I don't really quite know what I'd do with myself. Traffic in the marketplace would certainly go through the roof and I'd have my hands full around here, most likely."

"The Festival of Life is just around the corner too. Lots of trouble to follow as well." she remarked with a wicked smirk. "Believe it or not more people end up married because of that festival than any other circumstance you can imagine. It's like a downhill sort of slope, lots of youth my age end up drunk, girls have to identify the fathers of their children, then marriage etc. etc." she rattled. "It's how most of our children come into being at any rate. Father used to mention how he met my mother, it was at the Festival. He made her blush every time! Though I guess I can see why, since it was soon after things died down that they found out about me." Mentioning it herself she felt her face heat up, and she knew she was blushing. "Will you be celebrating this year?"
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 3:00 pm

Siofra regarded Lourna with a pensive look on her face as the girl spoke. “No, it wouldn’t be the same at all. The magic is what makes this place what it is.” Realising however what this statement could sound like to the wrong ears, she added: “However, sometimes change needs to come, whether people are willing to accept it or not.” It was clear and evasive enough at the same time without even being a lie.
“You’d definitely have to do more around the bakery,” Siofra nodded. “That much is true yes.” Seeing however that the topic was making Lourna feel slightly uneasy, she didn’t say anything else and gladly switched topics as the young Surahnian woman began speaking about the Festival of Life.

“I’ve heard mention of it a few times here and there, though I don’t really understand the purpose of it. At least not from the little things I’ve heard about it,” Siofra admitted. “Would you mind enlightening me a little as to this tradition?”
Listening to Lourna’s story about her parents, she had to suppress a grin at the girl’s blush. “It does sound like fun though, definitely a good thing in these times. But tell me, how come you have not found someone during the festival yet since so many couples seem to be formed during that time?”
Adjusting her sitting position, she added: "I think I might be celebrating, at least a little. If only to experience this Festival of Life properly."

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 4:39 pm

Why hadn't she found someone...? "I suppose you could say I'm specific about who I'll settle down with. I'm not so good at talking to men either, so that counts against me." she replied with an embarrassed smile. As her guest inquired about the Festival more, she relaxed and forgot her earlier nerves. "It's a celebration revolving around children from 1 to 21. Our previous homeland was destroyed by a plague, and many of our people didn't survive. Many of our youth were among the dead, so for them to survive is now a great blessing. But yes, you might call it a "coming of age" for those around my age. For little ones it's just a time of eating sweets and being told by their parents how much they're loved. There is usually lots of drinking involved and more music that any sober person can handle." This year in particular was going to be nerve-wracking, as her mother was forcing her to take time off and celebrate.

"I'm not quite sure what I'll end up doing, but mother is making me take time off from work this year. I may just find someone if I'm not careful!" she joked. "You're sure to love it though, it's lots of fun!" By the time Lori got around to taking time off, Yaya would be accompanying her and she'd be the size of a hunting dog or perhaps a bit bigger depending on how fast she grew. Said dragon purred and rubbed against Lourna's leg, earning a bit of petting before going off to nap for a bit.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 1:28 pm

Siofra didn’t comment on the settling down bit but she could understand Lourna. It wasn’t always easy to find the right one and the Surahnians seemed to have fairly specific notions in mind as well sometimes with regards to what the perfect spouse should be like. It seemed all rather complex sometimes but the half-elf still thought it was rather interesting to find out more about their culture. Odd as they sometimes were.

“It sounds like an interesting festival as well, and worthwhile too. Life isn’t celebrated often enough and there’s a lot of people taking life for granted, so this seems like a nice reminder that it actually isn’t.” But that was a bitter side-thought that Siofra better not delve on too long, it would ruin the mood, for both of them.

“Taking time off to celebrate, huh?” Siofra grinned. “I think your mother might have exactly that in mind, that you might accidentally find someone. You never know!” The half-elf actually properly smiled at this though. It seemed like it would do Lourna good to find someone, if only for the night. At least it would make her feel a little more like she had a decent place within society, because that seemed to be most of the problem. Feeling like she didn’t belong.

“You know what? If your mother is going to force you to go, I’m going to top it a little. You are going. By orders of your superior.” The winkle in her eye was obvious though and the order wasn’t actually an order. “And since I might need some female company to get through those days... I think you might have found someone to take care of your dragon in case you get swept off your feet by a gorgeous man.”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 7:07 pm

Lourna broke into a fit of laughter, simply out of joy for the first time since Racksom. "Who am I to refuse?" she replied as she settled back down. It was when she looked at the space under the counter that she noticed a wrapped box, presumably left by her mother since she knew of nobody else who would leave her gifts in random places. "Well now, seems mother dropped by last night and stuck this here." Curiosity at its limit, she carefully opened the box and her face instantly turned red once again. "This might be a gift better suited to you, Siofra. You've more worth showing off than I do." To bolster her argument, she presented a red and black ensemble in three pieces: a black and red skirt made of satin and adorned with gold and beads, a red bustier that (much to her horror and surprise) left most of the midsection exposed, and a long jacket with full bell sleeves that was made to go over the top and partly cover the skirt.

"My mother seems to think this will help. . .I'm not so keen on it myself. . ." In point of fact she was still bright red at the idea of wearing it at ALL much less in public at the festival. Heaven forbid anyone see her in this, her reputation would likely go out the window! She decided to fold it back up and put it in the box before anyone else saw it. "I do believe the physician was right in saying she'd lost part of her sanity."
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 7:51 pm

Superior ranking aside, Siofra felt comfortable and it was good to hear Lourna laugh. It seemed like the kind of thing the young woman needed more often in her life and the half-elf was glad to have been able to provide her with an occasion for it. She herself hadn’t been much one for enjoying life to the fullest these past few weeks, constantly being on edge took it out of her and it was a relief not to have to be so tightly wired all the time.

Once Lourna brought out the wrapped box, she burst out laughing as soon as the woman pulled out the gift inside of it.
“Oh no no, that is not going to get onto my body. As much as I may have to show off, this is for you!” Siofra grinned, not even bothering to conceal her blatant amusement. “This is going to cause one hell of a frenzy, I can assure you that.”

As Lourna went to put it back in the box, Siofra got up and prevented her from doing so. “Don’t you dare,” she warned in a mocking tone. “Just imagine your mother see you going out without it – her sanity definitely give her reason enough to embarrass you even more after that, if not as soon as possible.” The half-elf found all of this very amusing and couldn’t help from grinning. “Besides, I’m sure it would look good on you. And with a scary-ass half elven woman next to you, they won’t dare harass you, but they will notice you.”

After another shove of the dress towards Lourna, she added: “Weren’t you the one wanting to find someone? What better way to get someone’s attention?”

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 8:13 pm

"I suppose you're right. I was worried about my reputation but I suppose age makes up for that!" She did frown slightly when she called herself scary. "What man in his right mind would be scared? The only thing to fear is a woman losing her husband to you!" Inside the box, along with the scary outfit, was a note that specified that she was only to wear the jacket if it got too cold otherwise. Peachy. Yaya didn't seem to mind the gift, in fact she kept rubbing against the soft fabric and purring, like it was going to be her new bed. "As much as I'd love to let you lounge about on the skirt, Sinyaya, my mother would be very displeased about it. I have no choice but to wear it."

"Looks pretty!" she squeaked as she reached up to paw at Lourna's side. "Both look pretty!" Apparently if she couldn't she make it into a bed, she was going to see the girl wear it, to prove that it did indeed have another higher purpose. She hadn't any idea that she wouldn't be out enjoying the festivities with her cuddling caretakers, and it would be a very sad night each time they went out. "Yaya can go too?" she asked trying to be cute.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 8:22 pm

Laughing out loud, Siofra thanked Lourna for her words though she waved them off. “Thanks, I guess other women might have to be scared of that, but really, there aren’t many men out there who can handle me.”

As Sinyaya crept up on the two women again, obviously having decided to skip the rest of her nap, the half-elf joked: “See? Even your dragon believes this is a pretty awesome gift!” As she waved Lourna off into the side room to put on the dress, taking the jacket off her hands just to make sure she didn’t sneak it on as well, Siofra turned towards the dragon.
“As nice as it would be to have you accompany us, my dear, I’m afraid that won’t be possible.”

After a while, she wondered what was taking Lourna so long to quickly jump into a skirt and she frowned at the dragon. “Maybe you should go have a look and see what she’s doing. We don’t want her to get cold feet and not wear the dress, now, do we?”
Neatly folding up the jacket, she put it back into the box for safekeeping, fairly certain that the night wasn’t going to be cold enough to wear it. Besides, there would be fires, people and drinks all around, and thus no time to even feel cold. Lourna would be just fine without it.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 8:41 pm

Having been nudged into the side room to change, she did take a while to get dressed, simply because she had little idea of how to put any of it on, and had only just figured it all out when Yaya sneaked in to check on her. "I couldn't figure out how to get into the skirt, it had so much added on that it was difficult to figure out." After another minute of fiddling and Yaya making sure she was actually going to WEAR the dress, she walked back out feeling more embarrassed than before. "Mother seems to have forgotten that I'm not too pleased with my figure, this is a nightmare!" she half-joked. The little dragon meanwhile snuggled up to Siofra. "Want to go too, please. . .?" she begged. She wasn't used to being alone for very long, and certainly wasn't used to Lori going out without her.

"No I'm afraid you can't come with us tonight. Perhaps another night I can take you out and let you run around, okay?" With a sad whine the dragon nodded her head and trudged off to the back room to wait for sunset so she could chase the occasional rat that would get into the shop. "Bye bye Lori and Siofra." she said quietly. Darn guilt-trips, babies knew how to use those too well in Lourna's opinion. "Perhaps you'd like to change into something more festive before we brave the grand event?" asked the young baker. Not to say the woman wasn't nicely dressed, but celebrations usually involved over the top attire. "Not to say you're not dressed fabulously, but it IS the biggest event we've had since his Majesty's coronation."
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 8:58 pm

Siofra almost felt bad for the dragon but it was for the best. She didn’t know herself what would be awaiting her and the experience was certainly going to be different for Lourna this year as well. From her reaction to the dress, she had never worn anything like this ever before, so the attention she was most definitely going to get would be new to her as well. Better she would only have herself to worry about tonight rather than having to worry about Sinyaya on top of it all.

“Now, if you aren’t all too comfortable with it... Paint. Instead of painting your face, paint every other piece of your body. It will be a nice decoration and will work well with all the stuff dangling from the skirt. Preferably a golden paint would be best.”
Looking down at herself, Siofra nodded. “You’re right, I need to get changed for this. And while we go get myself something – I might have something suitable lying around in my room somewhere – we’re going to try and get you some paint to cover most of your skin so you feel more comfortable but aren’t changing the impression the dress is going to make.”

Looking around the shop briefly, she didn’t see a cloak or anything similar, so she quickly removed her own cape and threw it around Lourna’s shoulders. “Wrap yourself up. We don’t want to give away the surprise before it’s completely ready.” With an amused wink and a called out ‘bye’ to the dragon, Siofra swept out the door and lead Lourna towards her quarters.

They weren’t the biggest but they were big enough for her to comfortable accommodate someone else in a separate room while she went into her bedroom to rummage through her wardrobe. A servant girl would most likely happily help Lourna do final touch-ups to her costume.
It had been ages since Siofra had worn anything remotely festive, believing in the practicality of her clothes, but she had had to attend various important meetings and had had an audience with the king of Dragon’s Cove once upon a time and she never had managed to bring herself to throw away the nice clothes – backstory and all.

Once she reemerged dressed all in a midnight blue skirt with a matching top that revealed quite a bit of her sizable cleavage, she looked at Lourna. “Ready?”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 9:28 pm

"Men and boys alike are going to drool over you." she remarked kindly. In the time she'd taken to change, which hadn't been that long really, Lori had drawn on the artistry skills she used to decorate cakes and applied it to body painting. "I think I did the painting right, but the shine in the paint with the paleness of my skin proved to be a challenge and I might have made a mistake or two." she admitted. "I'm ready as I'll ever be regardless of paint malfunctions!" It was a little tough to smile over it, but she was excited all the same. She wasn't quite sure what would happen, but it was worth venturing out to see. A servant fussed over her hair for a moment or two and hurried back out of the room. It was after that occurred that she realized her friend had deliberately left her jacket in the shop and likely wasn't going to let her go back and get it.

Time to hope the weather was fair. Music could be heard outside and as the younger of the two women moved to the door, she froze and started a debate with herself. Moments later she forced herself to open the door and brave the strange looks she knew she'd get for her attire. "Don't let me run into Atoro, please." she muttered making a small sign to the Willow Mother. "What shall we do first?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 9:45 pm

“Ah don’t worry about possible small mistakes,” Siofra tried to calm Lourna. “I’m sure nobody will notice over the enthusiasm of seeing the masterpiece.” The half-elf swiftly passed over the compliment she had been given, unsure how to deal with it, so preferring not to pay any heed to it at all. She wasn’t one for compliments, especially when they concerned anything other than her archery skill, and even then it was a precarious situation to deal with.

“Don’t worry, we’ll make a wide arch around him whenever we spot him,” joked Siofra, though she was actually hoping it wouldn’t have to come to it. She much preferred Zartear’s tactician when he was somewhere far away from her. He simply wasn’t someone she trusted and most likely never would.

Walking out the door of her chambers with Lourna, she debated the other woman’s question. “Not quite sure. After all, this is the first time I’m participating in such an event, so maybe I should let you be the guide this time around.”
Heading out the front doors and into the crowd was the easy part, however, braving the crowds and, most of all, the unknown would be the challenging bit. Nonetheless, Siofra quite looked forward to this part. It would certainly prove interesting and she couldn’t wait to see reactions to Lourna’s dress. It would do the woman’s self-esteem good, Siofra was certain of that.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 3:47 am

Not so surprisingly, she got quite positive reactions to her dress, and somehow it made her feel better knowing that. "I. . .I guess mother had her reasons for making me wear this getup. Food and drink is a good place to start." Dancing would likely commence after that, if someone dared ask. General festival things would be dispersed in between. "I've never really had native food, don't guess it's much different than what we make here." She suddenly lit up and glanced at her companion. "You'll actually get to try some of my savory baked goods tonight; I worked out a deal with some local vendors and they're serving some of my bread and rolls here."

She watched some of the younger teens sit around trying to look like they were worth noticing and rolled her eyes. "Kids, who can figure them?" Upon taking a moment to pause and look at them, they didn't seem all too happy to be there. "You'd think they'd be having fun at something like this." Then again most didn't look of proper age to celebrate to the fullest, but they could at LEAST be dancing or playing a game! Something in one of the food stalls kept distracting her and she brought back two bowls of it for Siofra and herself. "I think it's vegetable soup, but I can't tell just by smelling it." She knew each serving was paired with a sourdough roll, but that was about it.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 10:42 pm

As predicted, the positive responses were numerous and Siofra was glad to see Lourna light up a little after the initial embarrassment of being stuck in a dress she didn’t quite like. However, soon enough she seemed to feel comfortable with her lot and was even joking around.
“A deal seems like a good thing for an event such as this one. I’ll definitely try to snatch some of your baking goods when we pass them.”

The festival itself was a lot to take in for someone who had never been to it before. There seemed to be dancing, food and music everywhere Siofra looked, not to mention liquids. The festival seemed to be a mostly wet one from where she was standing, but she couldn’t say that she minded. Most people were much more open or at least less rigid when they had some alcohol in their veins, which certainly made her alien appearance easier.

“Hm yeah, but maybe they wanted to be here as much as you did at first,” Siofra commented, partially joking, partially reminding Lourna not to pass judgement too quickly. Sometimes appearances weren’t what they seemed.
The kids were quickly forgotten however when it came to food and the half-elf was quite curious to see what Lourna was bringing in that bowl. “Oh, thank you,” she said as she took the bowl from her companion, taking a taste. “I can’t quite tell what exactly is in it either but it is good!”

As soon as their bowls were empty, the girls moved on again and it didn’t take too long for the first guy to finally work up his courage and ask Lourna for a dance. It was quite nice actually, even though he was a bit clumsy and shy at first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next