Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 8

Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 4:37 pm

She nodded at the joke about the children and suddenly flushed red when someone asked her to dance. "I. . .Uhm. . ." Truthfully the poor boy looked as skittish as she did, and there was no harm in dancing sober, right? With a hesitant glance toward her companion and a moment to settle her nerves she nodded. "A-Alright. . ." She could only hope that the nervousness wouldn't affect any talent either one had for dance. Lourna's skills were rather basic, and by no means was it something she actively practiced. She now wished she'd spent a bit of time getting her footwork right, since she now felt rather foolish.

"I'm not a very good dancer, if I step on your feet I'm sorry." she mumbled rather quickly. Oh yes, she was a social butterfly, if their beloved King was a scullery maid! Thankfully he wasn't, but that didn't improve her nerves one bit. "Have I seen you somewhere before?" Somehow, whether by fault of lighting or poor memory, this boy reminded her of someone she knew. Better to ask than go through most of the night mistaking him for someone else. She felt slightly guilty leaving Siofra on her own, but then again if she hadn't decided to on her own her companion would've pestered her to go ahead anyway. 'Hope she's alright.' she thought.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 5:06 pm

Chuckling at the obvious distress both of the youngsters were going through, Siofra would indeed have ushered Lourna into accepting the proposed dance if the latter hadn’t done so by herself. It would do her good to be up and about in a swirling dance around the festivities.
It would also give Siofra the time to assess this whole thing a little more closely and in a slightly different light without having anyone around to watch her every step and move.

As for the boy leading about Lourna, he was slowly starting to get a grip on his nerves that he firmly held her in his arms and lead her around the dancefloor, which basically was literally everywhere though there was a pre-designed one as well.
“Well,” he cleared his throat nervously as the butterflies came rushing back at her question, “you may have seen me in your shop. I.. I have to admit.. I absolutely adore... your.. your bread rolls.”

The song was slowly getting to an end and Siofra helped herself to a glass of punch or whatever alcoholic beverage it was the Surahnians were drinking but it smelled good. She placed herself somewhere Lourna could easily find her but where she could still keep an eye out on everything. This was rather intriguing – in many, many ways.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 5:35 pm

"You ought to stop by more then." she replied feeling a bit better now that there was conversation. As the music slowed, Lourna noticed Siofra out of the corner of her eye and wondered why she wasn't dancing. She hadn't any idea at that moment, but at the compliment the boy had given her, her face had started to turn pink. "I spend much of my time in that shop, so I'm glad to hear that my hard work pays off!" Offhandedly Lourna cursed her negligence in covering up a scar on her hand from when she'd first started working in the shop. "Though from how tonight's going, perhaps I should spend a little more time celebrating."

However clumsy the girl was normally, or how inadequate she felt compared to others her age, that didn't matter. Someone had complimented her baking skills AND asked her to dance! 'Mother had been right to send me off in this dress. Maybe she knows more than she's letting on.' she thought. Somewhere in the back of her mind she made a note to remember her dance partner, and paused when the music changed. "Perhaps I'll run into you again, I-I should go find my friend." She left him a small slip of parchment with her first name written on it, and moved to sit with Siofra. "H-He said he likes my baking." she stuttered with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 6:12 pm

“There you go then!” Siofra smiled encouragingly as her companion rejoined her, rather red in the face and all cheerful. She also noticed the boy still standing where Lourna had left him, switching between staring at the slip of paper Lourna had left him and the girl herself. Siofra winked at him, making him blush furiously and quickly disappear into the crowd.

“Seems like you have a little admirer. It suits you.” Of course, she only said that once the boy was safely out of view. “I’m sure you’ll see his face in your shop quite more often as of now!”

The evening went by in a blur almost and it had already become much later than Siofra had realised when all of a sudden a big, really big man stood in front of them and wouldn’t let the girls pass without them having a taste of the wonderful dessert he’d made. “I swear, it will make you feel like you have stepped into heaven as soon as you take a bit. It is the best cream you will have ever tasted in your whole life! Go on, take a bite of the cake, it will alter how you view dessert!”

Siofra shot a glance at Lourna, frowning without the man seeing it, asking the inevitable question but without actually speaking out loud. ‘What the hell is going on?!’ She had no idea whether this really was a dessert or not or whether the man was trying to slip them something else entirely or what his plan was, and Siofra definitely wasn’t one to easily abide by others’ impositions.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 6:28 pm

This was strange, and not exactly what she wanted to see. "If you're passing that off as dessert I'm sorry but I'm not interested. I run a bakery and that doesn't look like anything I've ever put out to sell. Good evening to you!" She decided to try and move around him, but found that to be nigh impossible. "If that is what you say it is, then what did you make it with?" In most cases if someone couldn't tell you what ingredients were used, it wasn't worth the risk of eating it. Of course if this man really "was" proud of what he'd made she'd apologize for being rude to him and try it. Somehow the longer she looked at it the more familiar it looked, and sure enough it had the appearance of a poorly made cream pie. Novice mistakes surely, but Siofra didn't look like she was in the mood to try something strange. "Sorry to cut this short, I'm sure what you made tastes wonderful, but we should be going, right?" she asked with a glance to her friend.

The look on the man's face wasn't a pleasant one, but the lighting prevented her from telling whether it was one of insult or anger. She could swear she heard him curse, but left that can of worms unopened as she backed away from him and nudged the elf. "I know another way through, it's this way."
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 7:08 pm

It was a relief that Lourna had the same suspicions about this dessert that Siofra had but that didn’t make it any easier to get out of this situation again. The man hesitated with the ingredients and listed flour but that was generally the ingredient of any kind of cake so it definitely wasn’t the way to convince either of the two women.

The half-elf was proud of Lourna however for standing her ground. Apparently the dress made her quite more forward than she seemed to generally be, which was a good thing.

“I’ll take that other way out,” Siofra muttered back as she nudged Lourna away from the guy, whose expression turned from slightly annoyed at the women to severely angry at being refused. What was it with guys not accepting a different opinion than their own?

They had not even fully turned around yet when the man grabbed them and yanked them back towards him. “You dare refuse me?”
“Don’t try my patience,” Siofra growled as she stared him down. Yet, she did not make any other moves yet. She first wanted to see what Lourna would do in such a situation. It would benefit her if she could react quickly and from what she had shown before, she had least could reply. Now, could she also act?
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 7:37 pm

"Let go you brute!" she shouted. Thankfully she'd kept her dagger on her leg and was tempted to draw it. The shouting she'd done hurt her throat, and she cringed as she tried to yank away from the stranger. "If you don't unhand us I'll make you regret it!" If anyone noticed something was off, it'd be a miracle and a half. Most everyone at that point was drunk or past the point of coherence. Finally enough was enough and she bit the hand holding her. "I said let go!" she shouted again. This time she felt her arm slip and heard something rip. It was her skirt. The man hadn't actually torn at it, but all the struggling she'd done had ripped the seam out of the side of the dress up to a point just above her knee.

Angry and now very embarrassed, Lourna aimed a furious kick at the man's midsection but the aim ended up being a bit low due mainly to forgetting her height in relation to his. In short she likely got him between the legs, at least from the groan he made that's what it was. "Siofra let's go, please!" she chirped with a high squeak in her voice. Now she just hoped his grip would loosen enough to let them go.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 8:36 pm

The defence would need a little work but at least Lourna knew that some things could not be accepted the way they were. It was something to start working with at least, though Siofra was in no way pleased at how the situation was handled.

Of course, once the dress ripped, even the half-elf was in a hurry to get away, not wanting to give the man any reason to turn into a complete moron and do something that would cost him a valuable body piece. Which by the sounds of it were already in grave danger after Lourna’s kick.

As Lourna turned away to get away, the man let go of her but hold his grip fairly tight still on Siofra, who had barely struggled throughout the whole thing. She twisted her own arm and upper body in a way that almost made her throw him over her shoulder but only sufficed to twist his own arm in turn and then she pulled. He let go willingly after that. “Bugger off, you wily minxes!”

“That could have gone worse,” Siofra commented. As she briefly looked around to take in their environment, she saw the shocked face of Lourna’s admirer in the distance but he quickly disappeared again as she shot him a disapproving look. “You need more self-defence training. This won’t do. But come on, let’s go get your dress fixed. There was a seamstress somewhere around here. We can’t have you walking around like this. Someone might actually see that knife on your leg and concealed weapons are supposed to remain concealed unless used.”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 3:46 am

A silent nod and a slight adjustment to her skirt made her answer clear. "Could have gone much better too. . ." she mumbled. She hadn't noticed her admirer, just the look on Siofra's face, and assumed it was for her. "Never really had a use for self-defense in the past." She removed the knife entirely and simply left it at the door of the nearest shop, hoping it'd be there when the seamstress was finished. She gestured to her left with a sigh. "Seamstress is over there, if her shop's still open. If not I keep a needle and thread back at the bakery and we can fix it there." How embarrassing! It wasn't like this would get any worse. The bright side was it was just part of the side seam and not the entire garment that came apart.

The bad part was that she'd apparently disappointed her friend and embarrassed herself beyond reason on top of it all. "I'm so sorry." she whispered. After a small bit of coughing she was tempted to just head home for the night and save the elf and herself both the trouble. Instead she checked to see if the seamstress was still in, thank the Mother she was! 'Fortune favors the bold indeed.' she thought as she looked in. An elderly woman came out scolded her for her little mishap and waved Siofra over. "This shouldn't take but a minute or two." she said in traditional Surahnian. Lourna relayed the message in Common and thanked the gods for their good fortune.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 8:52 am

Unimpressed with openly leaving a knife laying about, especially when there was no guarantee of being able to returning to pick it up again, Siofra picked it up and handed it back to Lourna. “If you don’t have the proper self-defense in terms of fighting, don’t drop your knife and leave it where you can’t reach it. Put it back where you had it.”

Just as she was about to reassure Lourna that the seamstress would certainly still be in at a night like this, the girl spotted her inside her shop. Siofra had no doubt that festivals such as this were a lucrative business not only for food and drink vendors but also for seamstresses. Lourna most certainly was not the only one to have a bit of bad luck as far as clothes were concerned.

However, it made the half-elf realise that she needed to step up her Surahnian language skills a little. She understood quite a fair bit already but those were mostly related to whatever she needed to know around Zartear and the army. Anything that overstepped those boundaries was still a blur, but she was getting there.

While the seamstress was working on Lourna’s dress, Siofra wandered around the shop a little and inspected the patterns that were scattered all over the place. Most of them depicted typical Surahnian clothing, modified a little to be either more comfortable or more dashing, or for practicality. However, there also were the occasional evening dresses and other festive clothes. And most of all, there was a wonderful cloak with inbuilt pockets etc that seemed to have been designed for immense practicality without being a hindrance in terms of weight or placement of the little hideouts. It was an intriguing design and Siofra made a mental note to return to this particular shop at some point to talk to the seamstress.

When the latter was done with Lourna’s dress, Siofra grinned. “There, all ready to go back out there and enjoy the rest of the festivities!”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 5:50 pm

After putting the weapon away, she paid the lady her due amount and thanked her before heading back out. "Let's just hope that's the only mishap tonight!" She thought she heard the elderly woman say something, and after deciphering her accent (which actually DID sound different than her own due to change over time), she realized what the seamstress had said. "She just said that we remind her of herself when she was young." The lady in question was rather old, likely in her sixties or even her seventies. She must have been in her teens long before the catastrophe that destroyed Old Surahnia occurred. From the way she kicked up her heels at her age, she must've been one tough girl to handle.

"You should find someone to dance with, Siofra!" suggested Lori with a smile. Surely it wouldn't be too much trouble to find a man willing to dance with her. As they wandered through the street, she noticed one of the fruit vendors she visited regularly and had an idea. The man had been single for some time and something told her he could use a little company. He wasn't a terribly quiet soul, but he was just as sweet as the cherries he enjoyed working with so much. She called him over and did her best to introduce him. "Sergei, this is Siofra. And vice versa."
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 6:11 pm

Sometimes it was hard to imagine older people in their youth but Siofra felt oddly complimented by the seamstress’ words. Nodding in farewell, the half-elf followed Lourna back out onto the streets. Nothing seemed to have changed and no time seemed to have passed at all while they had been inside the shop. Siofra began to see why apparently there were so many drunken people seen during this festival. They simply never stopped, thus had no time to actually sober up.

“No, no, it’s fine,” Siofra waved off but too late. Lourna already seemed to have a plan how to get her to dance. Already, a young man had been waved over and Siofra couldn’t do anything but smile sweetly at him as his eyes took her in. Men were so predictable. Of course, she couldn’t really blame him, after all she had chosen this dress, but still, somehow it annoyed her. Not that it was any fault of his, but... Men were just too easy sometimes.

“Nice to meet you Sergei.” She could have said more but she had decided to stay quiet. If Lourna wanted to play the matchmaker, then she had better chosen someone who could get his foot out of his mouth and actually talk to her.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 8:13 pm

"The pleasure's mine." Thank the Mother! Sergei wasn't new to the idea of dealing with women, having been married previously. Nor was he anywhere close to Lourna's age, but compared to Siofra he was likely still a child. "I've been dealing with him since the bakery changed hands. While I don't wish to pry into his personal life, I'm sure he'll be a gentleman!" It was easy to see that he'd never seen a woman like her and, despite initially gawking at her, tried not to look at her chest too much. Now it was Lourna's turn to sit back and watch from the sidelines. She watched him lead her across the stone and hadn't any idea what he was saying. After sitting for a bit she got herself something to drink and glanced at her friend on occasion.

"I'm sorry if I'm not the best dancer, it's been a few years I'm afraid." he apologized. "What brings a fine lady such as yourself to the Festival of Life?" Let's hope small talk made things more comfortable, or Lori was going to get a thrashing. Siofra definitely didn't look like she belonged at such a gathering, but he could only hope he wasn't insulting her by asking. "You are far better suited to royal company than we who work with our hands." In all sincerity he was speaking his mind, but the outcome of such talk was not a certainty.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 9:43 pm

As much as she felt uncomfortable amidst all the dancers, Siofra had to hand it to Sergei. His dancing skills were not half bad. “Don’t worry, it’s been years since I have danced myself, so if I step on your toes...” She shot him one of her rare smiles and instantly made him trip.
Playing over the little mishap as though nothing had happened, she replied to his question without missing a beat: “Well, I’ve never been to a Festival of Life, this being the first year in Surahnian company, and it seemed a good idea to try and gain a little knowledge of your native culture.”

At his compliment however, she narrowed her eyes at him, wondering what he meant by it, if there was some sort of hidden message but he seemed sincere, and that was probably what threw her off most of all. Compliments simply weren’t her strength and she had trouble dealing with them but whereas most of the time she could play over the incident, in this little twosome, she couldn’t. “Well.. uhm.. thank you.”
The words were lame, and she knew it but she didn’t know what else to say and to top it off, she was even blushing now. How unbecoming!

In a way, Siofra was glad the song was over then though she didn’t regret the dance with Sergei. It had just been an awkward situation somehow. “Thank you for the dance, Sergei.” Despite her still slightly lingering embarrassment, she couldn’t help herself and winked at him, just for the sake of it.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 9:19 pm

The smile he gave was priceless. "Glad to see I was worthy of your time, Siofra." he replied. He meandered off into the crowd soon after to get himself a drink, while Lourna prepared to get ripped for setting the elf up to dance with someone. "I just wanted you to have a little fun is all." she said. Though truly, the woman didn't look all that peeved at the younger girl's mischief. "Was it fun? Did he behave himself?" The latter was just as important as the former, for she'd assured Siofra that Sergei wouldn't try anything inappropriate. Suddenly the scent of cinnamon buns wafted into the square, and it nearly set her to drooling. "What always made me interested in the festival was the food. Guess I was born to work with it!"

Out of the corner of her eye she saw her admirer, but she left that matter alone, he'd approach her if he wanted to or so she assumed. There was a slight nip in the air, but ah well, she'd be home soon anyway. The wind was really nothing to bother over, but what do to now was more of the concern and question. Unbeknownst to her Sinyaya had decided to spend her time surveying the festivities from the roof of the bakery, and had locked onto her favorite two-legged companions. They sure looked like they were having fun! Maybe they'd let her come along once she got a little bigger and could take care of herself!
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 9:01 pm

“Don’t worry,” Siofra assured her younger companion. “He was far too scared to misbehave in any way.” He had been a nice fellow but she was just as glad that he had disappeared into the crowds again. She much preferred to choose the people around her rather than having them imposed on her, even though of course life didn’t always work that way. In this case however, it had been meant well, thus the half-elf didn’t particularly mind.

“Mmmh, yes, good food always makes a festive occasion worth the while!” She might not look like it, considering her figure, but Siofra loved food, whenever she had the time to properly indulge.
The evening quickly passed into the night and without the girls having realised the hours had passed quite rapidly.
“I may have to call it a night soon,” Siofra finally said much to her regret as the festivities were quite a lot of fun, “but I have an early meeting with the bowmaster tomorrow which I cannot miss or be unfit for. Is there anything you might still want to do before I bring you home? Unless of course you want to stay a bit longer.” The half-elf grinned a little at that, briefly glancing in the direction where she had noticed Lourna’s admirer not too long ago. She would have to keep an eye on that guy, lest he turned into a stalker. It wouldn’t do for Lourna never to get him off her back again because he couldn’t keep his eyes off her. Admiration was all nice and well but there had to be a limit for that, too.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 11:59 pm

"I think I'll stay a bit longer, mother will not likely let me work tomorrow even if I went home. Might as well make the most of my time off, who knows when I'll have time again?" she mused. "Might actually go looking for that boy, make sure everything's alright. I'll walk you back to your quarters if you like?" Of course between there and Siofra's living space, she stopped and got them a cinnamon bun a piece. "This is definitely a night to remember. Don't suppose you'll be looking Sergei up anytime soon." she joked. As promised she walked her friend home, and having had very little alcohol-wise, which was a Godsend in disguise, she knew exactly where she'd likely head now that her friend was off to bed, home.

On her way through the street, she stopped once or twice to try a cider of some kind, and went on her way. "Wonder where he's gone off to now. . ." she muttered to herself as she sat outside her shop, suddenly feeling unstable on her feet. Seemed the late hour and whatever drinks she'd had were getting to her. Upon looking up she saw someone in front of her and tried to shake off the dizziness. "Who's there?" Something in the back of her head told her it was her admirer, but she couldn't be sure.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 6:54 pm

Siofra appreciated the nicety of accompanying her back to her quarters but it wouldn’t have been necessary. However, Lourna didn’t seem to want to hear that. Both of them were tired though and Siofra was fairly certain that Lourna wouldn’t stay out much longer either. If she didn’t head home straight away.

The half-elf herself couldn’t quite bring herself to sleep just yet however, as she felt a little restless. Stripping out of her dress in order to put on her typical clothes again, Siofra reconsidered the evening. It had been a lot of fun indeed, and especially the cinnamon buns had tasted amazing. She wasn’t sure whether she was ever going to see Sergei again but she didn’t have much of an opinion on that either way.

Strapping her quiver and arrow to her back, Siofra made sure her knives were secure on her belt as well before stepping back outside. And after the first corner she rounded, she promptly ran into their lovely friend from before.
“Well, well. Look who we have here. Want some after all, huh?”
It was safe to say that the woman was definitely not pleased about having to deal with him once again, though of course, he didn’t know she could defend herself since Lourna had dealt with him earlier. What on earth was that bastard doing here though?
"What do you want from me?" she asked, keeping her voice clipped.
"Oh nothing much. Just a little retribution for your earlier behaviour."
"Well if it isn't more than that..." Siofra glared at him, suddenly having the uneasy feeling that this was going to be a long night after all. Oh Gods, he hadn't sent one of his lackeys after Lourna, had he?!
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 9:55 pm

'Shouldn't have had that cider after all.' she thought sourly as she slipped in the front door and locked it, having noticed that someone had been coming toward her. The sudden pounding on the door meant whoever it was wasn't too friendly. Even Sinyaya had begun growling at the door. "Who's there?" she called readying her bow. She got no answer, instead they simply kept banging on the door. After quietly calling Yaya away from the door she crept out the back door and headed in Siofra's direction, unfortunately the person at the door heard her leave and followed suit. Yaya, being a protective little dragon, tried to use her magic to hide them as best she could, and partially succeeded.

By the time she could see Siofra she recognized the man giving her trouble and stopped in a dark alleyway to get an arrow on the string. Yaya meanwhile climbed up the nearest roof and made several squeaking calls, trying to at least notify her favorite elf that she and Lori were there to help. Silently she waited in the shadows until the man gave her reason to fire, then the henchman came into view and she immediately used said arrow to silence him. Finally she got tired of staying in the shadows and stepped out, another arrow at the ready. "Step away from the woman or die like your friend here!" she shouted. "Once I have a target, I never miss." she threatened. It wasn't TECHNICALLY a lie, but if she focused too hard she was liable to miss from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 9:09 pm

The squeaking on the roof was a tad distracting from the insulting and bickering Siofra and the thug were partaking in but the half-elf didn’t let her concentration waver. She preferred to get out of this without having to use weapons but apparently the man was having none of it.

“Alright, sweetheart,” Siofra purred. “Either you move out of the way and leave me in peace, for good, or you’re going to lose a few precious bits.”
The man went to protest but as he suddenly felt the tip of one of her knives pressed harshly against his family jewels, he stopped with his mouth hanging open but not saying a peep.
“Ah,” Siofra mocked. “Seems like you think they’re worth something.”

“You bitch! You’re going to pay for this!” he yelled in a rage but too afraid to move. After all, he hadn’t even notice her pull the dagger with him being in her face. Plus, there was something in her eyes that warned him not to make any sudden movements or she might actually keep her promise.

For a moment, they were both quiet, glaring at each other, weighing the other one. In the middle of that particularly long moment, Lourna suddenly stepped out from behind a corner and pointed an arrow at the thug’s head. Siofra almost scowled at the white lie but she kept her face as straight as it had been throughout most of this exchange.

“Seems like you don’t have much of a choice,” the half-elf said coolly as she pressed her knife a little deeper, drawing a few drops of blood even through the cloth – sharp knives were a blast. “Piss off and don’t you ever let me see your face again!”

The man nodded and he did turn and run away but Siofra was sure that it wasn’t going to be the last of it. He would be back sooner or later and definitely better protected next time, which meant that he would bring more of his minions.

“You killed him?” Siofra asked without looking at Lourna as she stepped around the corner to inspect the other thug. “What happened?”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 5:46 pm

"I had a little alcohol and went home, only to find that this thug was following me so I locked up shop and came this way. After seeing what was going on with you I decided to take out the one following me. Less to worry about later since he already knew where I lived. I didn't want him coming back and causing trouble or possibly hurting me." She didn't look so happy over it, and likely enough she had her own way of dealing with things. "The way I react and handle things like imminent danger comes from years of teaching. That and I'm simply a cautious girl." Better the thug be dead than troubling her until who-knew-when and he was sent to the Surselea.

She'd also been thinking of her reputation and the well-being of Sinyaya when she shot the man. "Too much at stake to simply let him harass me any more than he already had. He just about beat down the door to the bakery trying to get in." It was after the still-living man had left that Yaya trotted down through the air and sat in front of Siofra. "Siofr-r-ra safe now!" After using magic for the first time, she felt invigorated and almost couldn't keep still long enough to get a back rub from Lourna. She tapped her paw on makeshift flat surface and a soft pink circle glowed where her paw had been. "Magic!" she squeaked proudly.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 5:54 pm

Siofra quietly listened to the explanation which almost sounded more like a defence than an explanation but she let it slide. She wasn’t in the mood to be acting the superior and the girl simply had had a different sort of teaching than the half-elf had. Understanding the motivation, she skipped over it despite the fact that she herself wouldn’t have killed the man but merely severely wounded. She wasn’t one to waste a life like that, even if he deserved it.

It hadn’t been too long that she hadn’t thought quite in the same way, but war had changed that a little. Seeing so many people die over nothing, she had reconsidered many of her previous actions and decided that sometimes not killing was the best way to go.

Of course, she understood this. Lourna wasn’t the best at confrontations and this would indeed safe her a lot of unnecessary trouble.

When Sinyaya suddenly came down through the air, Siofra looked at her in surprise, even more so when the night dragon suddenly demonstrated her newly acquired ability to work with magic. “She’s still young, she shouldn’t be able to use this much magic already,” she muttered as she bent down to the dragon’s height and looked at her. “Are you tired?”

Looking back at Lourna, she said: “She is developing so much faster than I ever would have thought. Walking through the air like that.. She should only have been able to do that in a couple of weeks. Extraordinarily quick learner!”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 6:33 pm

"I didn't know she could do that!" she exclaimed. Yaya was beaming with joy over the reactions she was getting and wagged her tail. "Lots practice! Lots rats!" Lourna took a moment to decipher what she was saying and dragged her palm down her face. "Oh, I see! She learned how to do all that by chasing rats in the bakery. I never really see what she's doing because she tends to sleep in the day and she hunts while I'm asleep." The little dragon was getting rather tired from all the excitement that night, but she didn't want to say anything. So she yawned her answer instead. "I think someone's had enough magic and excitement for one night." remarked Lori quietly as she lifted the soft dragon in her arms.

The amount of magic she'd used was indeed making the poor baby tired, and her incessant yawning was good enough proof. "Sleepy. . ." she mumbled. Her caretaker shook her head with an amused sparkle in her eyes. "Ah Sinyaya, my little prodigy." She turned her attention back to Siofra with that same amusement still present. "I'll try to make time to study her magic, see what it is she's capable of. If she walks through the air and creates light, who knows what kind of potential she has?" It certainly didn't look dangerous like her elders had always warned when speaking of magic. "I suppose she'll keep learning and discovering as she's been doing. I suppose I'll let you go get some rest for that meeting. Goodnight, Siofra." She sort of wished she could go, but she had no motive and everyone would laugh at her anyway.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 7:19 pm

“It really is incredible,” Siofra couldn’t help but be stunned. “I guess the rats are good practice though indeed. Good size for her to practice well at least.”
When the night dragon merely yawned in reply to her question, Siofra shook her head, grinning. “Better take her home,” she muttered just as Lourna was already picking her up.

“Just a little warning, my dear,” the half-elf said as she addressed the dragon. “Be wary of you perform this magic of yours in front of. Not everyone is going to look upon it with a smile. There may be people out there who might want to steal you from your mistress and lock you up for their own purposes. Don’t be scared though! Just be cautious.”

The glance Siofra directed at Lourna afterwards should have been enough to rephrase the warning for the woman as well. “I’ll see if I can find a scroll on night dragon magic somewhere in Racksom and bring it to you. There used to be a few scroll writers and librarians here but who knows if they’ve survived the fires.”

Nodding, she replied: “Good Night to you too. Be safe on your way home and you better make doubly sure that all your doors and windows are locked for tonight. We can take care of our friend tomorrow.” He would need another lesson of course, just so the women could be sure that he wasn’t going to do anything stupid.

Watching Lourna and Sinyaya disappear into the night until were out of sight, Siofra turned around and headed upstairs. By now, it really was getting late and she needed a few hours of sleep though, if not a lot.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 7:09 pm

Upon finding that her door still worked, and was still locked at that, she went back in through the rear entrance and locked her windows on her way through to the front. Yaya hopped down and quickly found her bed amongst a few boxes in the stock room with a rather loud yawn. "You just get some sleep Sinyaya, I'll be fixing things up in here." She thought she heard something outside, but brushed it off until it got louder. "If he's come back he's getting an earful." she muttered to herself. She carefully cracked open the door and looked about to see if anyone was there. Not a soul to be seen.

Ah well, maybe it was what was left of the cider in her system making her hear things. Or the lack of sleep. It was likely the latter, since it was only a few hours till dawn. Another clatter outside caused her to roll her eyes and fully open the door. "Alright who's out here?" she called. "I'm not going to stand for this at all hours of the night you know." With her little dragon snoozing, and not likely to wake up till the next sunset blazed in the sky, she sat back wondering if she'd get any more late night visitors. She was genuinely hoping the answer would be no.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next