Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 8

Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 4:35 pm

She did not need to talk about it and she wouldn't. Bishop didn't even acknowledge that he'd suggested talking about it. Bishop's past was where it needed to be, firmly affixed in the past. Why bring up the painful, shameful moments of her past when it would do her no good? She couldn't do anything to change it, and it'd only make her angry.

"That's good" she said in response to his explanation. "You'd probably have little bastards running all over the place, from your popularity" she teased even as she took the heated water away from the fire and sifted the tea leaves out as she poured it from one cup to the other. She drank it all in one go before coming back to Del'ure's side, laying down next to him and getting comfortable. She reached up, played with a lock of his hair and chuckled. "You certainly picked a nice body".

Bishop couldn't imagine what it'd be like to be the host of some demon, but she had to think that maybe Del took the body when it had been about to die. Did that mean that the flesh was dead? Or did Del make it living. "It takes some effort to hurt you, doesn't it?" she asked, patting his chest.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 5:18 pm

“Yeah the body definitely was a good choice,” Del’ure grinned, unable to help himself from winking at her. It had taken him quite a while to find one that suited his wishes but he had not been in a hurry. Not much at least.

He was a bit surprised at the turn the conversation now took and he was curious to see where she would go with this. His hand had returned to its accustomed spot on her buttocks and was slowly stroking back and forth. “Yes, it does take quite a bit,” he replied, catching her hand on his chest and gently playing with her fingers. “I don’t feel pain in the same way, and since I can heal most wounds fairly easily, it’s not something that bothers me much.”

After a few moments of silence, he added: “You on the other hand... So vulnerable.” Grinning mischievously, he grabbed a hold of her and in one swift movement flattened her onto the furs. “But very strong-willed in certain respects,” he breathed as he started nibbling on her neck, his movements becoming more and more demanding. “You always know exactly how to get what you want without giving up yourself. I like it.”
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 5:33 pm

She laughed as he flattened her to the furs, nibbling her neck. He was good at expressing his desires, and he was good about taking them before she could protest. They both knew she didn't mind. She'd desired his body very early on and after finding out how good he was at anything sexual, she didn't mind him taking what he wanted. If she had minded, he'd have much more than scratches down his back. Hell, he might even have had a knife sticking out between his eyes, or at the very least, she'd have thrown the scalding tea in his eyes.

Instead, she leaned up and bit his chin very softly licking it in an oddly teasing manner.

"Well good. Here I was thinking that I would never be able to impress you" she drawled. "Who would have known all I had to do was be myself?". She was teasing him, mocking him, but now he knew she didn't mean it to demean him. This was how she was. The more she liked someone, the more she'd tease them. She didn't know how to express wonder and adoration without feeling as though she was exposing a hidden piece of herself, and she didn't think she wanted to, not to a man that would come and go as he pleased.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 7:43 pm

Her tongue running over his chin made shivers run down his spine and there was an evident stirring in his desires. “Mmh,” he mumbled, “who would’ve thought?” He wasn’t really into talking much anymore for the time being as he was letting himself be guided by lust and the fact that she was herself was actually the best bit about her. The wildness was a turn-on since she kept it in bed as well and he was not inclined to let that go any time soon. And for the brief time he still had with her, he was intent on abusing her as much as possible; or let himself be abused if she so wished.

~~~~~~~

Once again, they were lost in a passionate and rather wild tête-à-tête, afterwards resting on the furs again, limbs entangled. “I quite liked those moves,” Del’ure purred as he was pushing his hair from his sweaty forehead, planting a kiss on her lips before shifting around, to lie on his back with his hands behind his head.

“You’re not going to have to drink the tea again now, are you?” The demon glanced over at Bishop. “I mean, if you really need to drink it every time after sex – if you want to be sure, I mean – then you will have to drink a lo-ot of him while I’m here.” The innuendo was obvious but then again, they both knew that there was going to be a lot of sex whilst they were in the same spot together, especially with the crappy weather reigning outside, thus removing every possibility of doing anything else but roll around on the furs.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:21 pm

She chuckled. "I will not waste my tea in that manner. I'll drink a potent batch when you decide to leave" she told him, not commenting on the kiss to her lips. It hadn't been unpleasant, but she wasn't one for kissing. Still, he hadn't thought about it, so she wouldn't bring it up. She would subtly evade his mouth if he tried it again, though. Turn her head to the side maybe. She pulled him down so she could stroke his hair, twisting it in her fingers. "Who is chasing you and why? I think I should know just in case" she said. That bit of information hadn't escaped her, but she'd been waiting for the right time to broach the subject. Now seemed as good a time as any.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 8:57 am

“Who is following me?” Del’ure repeated, sighing as the question came. He should have known that she’d ask sooner or later and he didn’t even blame her. In her stead, he would have done the same and it probably was better for her own safety that she knew a little about it, just in case they decided to retrace his steps, which probably wouldn’t happen since he would most definitely make sure that they came across him rather than his tracks before they realised he had spent some time in this cave.

Yet, it was not something he particularly enjoyed talking about, thus it took a few minutes of silence before he finally replied. “Their so-called leader is a guy I did a job for once. However, I got a better offer for the gem somewhere along the line, so I betrayed him. Gave him the gem, cashed in the reward, then stole it back from him and brought it to someone else. Of course, now he is a little pissed and wants to get my head on a spike as decoration for his garden – apparently.” Del’ure chuckled a little at the thought.

“All in all, this does not bother me, since it’s merely a cat and mouse game for me when it comes to humans. However, what does bother me a little is the fact that the bastard has had a tiny bit more brains than I thought he would have, or maybe he just got lucky in who he sat onto my tracks, because the one hunting me for him now, is actually associated with a few demons who have a bone to pick with me as well. So you can see it’s a little bit more chaotic.”

Shifting his position again so he was now lying on his side to be able to look into Bishop’s face, he continued, observing her reaction. “There is not much you need to know about him or any of his henchmen, apart from one thing: if you see them coming and I’m not around, leave immediately. They won’t touch your belongings or rifle through them, it is not their style. They merely want me and they’re taking any life who might know something about me. You can come back for your things later. He is easily recognisable with cat-like, bright yellow eyes, which you can see even from a distance, but either way you should be quick enough to avoid him. He might be dangerous but he is rather slow, a bit too slow really. His henchmen consider themselves ninjas,” – he rolled his eyes at this – “so they will be easily recognisable with their clothing.”

Sighing, Del’ure kept his eyes on Bishop, wondering what was going on behind that face, wondering whether she was now wishing she had never let him come back. “I will make sure they do not come here. He doesn’t hunt like other hunters do. I just want you to be prepared in case something goes wrong.”
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:36 am

She listened to Del'ure, silent while he continued on about who he had bothered and how, and what they looked like. All the while, she had to wonder how defenseless he thought she was. She never remained in one den for too long, and she had Bird and Dog to warn her of trespassers if she didn't already know there was danger. Slowly a smile spread across her face as he continued, and the worried look on his face. It was just so endearing. When he was finished, she barked a laugh. "Is that all?" she asked. "Why here I thought you were bringing knights on my doorstep..." she said. If it wasn't knights and they weren't going to steal her shit, she could avoid them as Del'ure wished her to.

Slithered up his body and laid her head in the crook of his neck, tangling her limbs in his. "I'm going to nap, when I wake up, I hope you don't have that look on your face" she teased.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:45 am

He frowned at Bishop’s words, not quite sure he liked the tone of it. Of course he knew she could defend herself and she had already proven this quite a few times in the few hours they’d known each other but she seemed to underestimate the powers of a demon by quite a lot. “His henchmen might be slow and rather stupid, but don’t underestimate him,” he murmured, but quickly pushed the thoughts to the back of his mind when she snuggled against him to nap.

Within seconds, the expression was wiped off of his face and instead he had put a less worrisome one in its place. For the time being, it was fake, merely to appease her but as he began drifting off into a relaxing doze, it became a more honest one, and soon he was peacefully asleep with Bishop in his arms. They had guardians, should anyone dare to intrude and wake them up.

However, if someone dared to wake them up now, they would meet with a rather pissed demon. His dreams had started to turn bad after a while, once again wiping his face clean of anything suggesting that he was a happy camper. Instead his face was more and more crumpled up in furious lines and he began to shift uneasily in his sleep.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:29 pm

She awoke uneasy, and when she looked down at Del'ure, she understood why. Carefully she extracted herself from his side and donned some furs before venturing outside. Everything was blanketed in white, not even animal trails marring the pristine landscape.

Well. That was a problem, seeing as she needed to relieve herself. If she left the den now, it would be an obvious clue to even the dumbest of people, and Del'ure had someone following him. She sighed and ducked back inside. Her den was just big enough for emergencies such as these. Though she hated to waste such precious supplies as lime. She shed the furs, down to the most basic to keep her warm, and began to dig a rectangle in the back of the den.

It took her a little while, but she finally got it done, and as she used it, she kept an eye on Del.

She liked him, she really did, but she didn't know him and she didn't know how he'd wake up from a violent dream.

She finished up, scattered the lime and edged closer to him. "Del" she murmured. "Wake up".
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 10:01 am

Del’ure woke with a start, sitting bolt upright, when Bishop’s voice suddenly touched his ears. He had a wild, almost feral expression on his face and his pupils were shaped like a cat’s more than ever. There was no need to hide this fact from Bishop anymore anyways since she knew he was not human, however, the prominence of this small detail might have been frightening to some.

His breath came in quick gasps and his hands tightly gripped into the furs below him as if he wanted to strangle someone. The demon forced himself to calm down a little, knowing that there was no immediate danger and he did not want to injure Bishop. The impulse had been there, to jump her, but he had been able to refrain from following the instinct easily enough. It was something he had become rather efficient in, repressing his baser demonic instincts.

“Don’t come close to me,” he warned as he slid off the furs and strode to the entrance of the cave, cursing under his breath as he saw the immaculate white carpet. As Bishop, he thought it would be foolish to destroy it, thus he began pacing the cave like a caged animal. He needed an outlet for his pent-up anger but other than pacing, there was nothing to do. His eyes briefly flickered to Bishop and a feral hunger blazed up, but he pushed that back also. He would hurt her if they had sex now, even if it might be the best way to easily and quickly calm him.

Instead, he forced himself to breathe calmly and to focus on something else. The imprisoned tiger he resembled at first, slowly began to dwindle back into an only slightly vicious cat, until finally Del’ure felt it was safe enough for Bishop again that he could address her.

“I apologise,” he said stiffly. “Bad dreams make me unbearable.”
He knew it was not enough of an explanation and she was probably going to ask about it but he was not going to give anything up by himself, maybe not even after she asked.
“How are you this morning, my dear? Did you sleep well?” Del’ure inwardly flinched at how formal he sounded, automatically reverting back to terms of endearment, which he generally only used to piss people off, to get them into bed or when he was faking to be someone he was not. Bishop deserved more than that, but at that particular moment, he could not and would not be himself.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 4:11 pm

Bishop's reaction to him was one that she'd never exhibited before. At least, not with him. It had been years since she'd been afraid of what a man might do to her, and she was a little angry at that, but Del was a demon and had proven that he could easily swat her if he wanted to. She would be a broken thing in his arms if he so wished. The thought unnerved her, his pacing frightened her and his tone alerted her that all was not well. She was stuck in her den with him and that did not sit well with her.

She ignored him.

Acting as if he was not there, she began to prepare food, staying as far away from him as she could. She did not look at him, did not breathe in his direction, and she made sure to slip on another fur, because it'd gotten chillier in the room, somehow.

When she finished preparing the food, she went to a familiar corner of her den and ate, her back to the wall, curled up so as to look a lot smaller than she already was. A hard target to hit.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 5:56 pm

Del’ure wasn’t very pleased when she suddenly ignored him, not even responding when he asked her a straightforward question, and had he not felt somewhat bad for having exposed her to his sudden overly bad mood, he would have been pissed. As it was, he figured that he deserved the treatment for how he made her feel in her own place, especially considering that there was no possibility for them to leave the cave for a bit to get some space.

Since he didn’t get a reply out of her, he decided that he would leave her in peace for a little longer. He didn’t look at the food either, did not even ask if he could take some, not feeling very hungry anyways. Slumping down against the opposite wall to where Bishop was sitting ignoring him, the demon remained silent, trying to let his eyes roam as little as possible in her direction, even though he was curious as to what she would do further.

Slowly, his old curiosity was coming back and he was wondering how she would be acting around him now. He knew he had definitely done something terribly wrong and he was waiting for the reprimand which might or might not come. With her, he was never quite sure. The demon would definitely not be speaking for quite a while, to respect her wishes and to take a bit of time with his thoughts because quite apparently there were a few things he had to consider.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 5:34 pm

It was a good thing that he too fell silent and respected the distance she created. After a while, she calmed and drifted over to him, setting down a plate of food that was now kind of room temperature. "Sorry.". And it was odd because Bishop never apologized for anything. "I felt threatened.". It was as good an explanation as any. However she showed that she was no longer threatened by seating herself right beside him. "Do you always wake up like that?" she asked.

It had been a frightening thing to consider that Del'ure might lose his temper in her den, while she was there, trapped because of the snow. She knew he was strong, and he was a demon, so the scope of violence she would suffer, in her mind, had called for her to distance herself as much as she could.

Bishop, despite her roughness, was not fond of pain, or suffering it from a man's hands.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:06 am

Del’ure took the plate and ate a few bites but he wasn’t particularly hungry, so he soon set it aside again. He could always eat it later, it wasn’t anything that would go to waste anyways. Glancing at Bishop briefly as she apologised, he gave her the hint of a smile. “No, don’t be,” the demon replied. “You had every right to act the way you did.”

A frown creased his forehead at her question though and his words came out slightly more worried than he had intended them to. “No, I generally do not wake up that way, though it has become more recent over the past few weeks, though recent might still be a rather broad term.” He was wondering if it had something to do with the demon on his tracks but he didn’t say it out loud. If it was, he would get to the bottom of it sooner or later anyways.

“Please don’t worry. I’m not going to hurt you and if this happens again within a short amount of time, I’ll go on the hunt to solve the problem. I would have to leave you alone for that but you would be out of danger at the same time as well.” He would most definitely go on the hunt and he would fiddle with the snow enough to make sure that he could not be traced back to this den in particular, if at all. He might not care about a lot of things or people but he was true to his word and he was not going to let Bishop down.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 4:43 pm

She pointed to the latrine she'd dug. "You can use it, just throw the lime in" she told him. Bishop knew he was sincere, but the fear instinct was hard to push down, especially when men had so often been the cause of her pain and suffering. However, she was warming back up quickly and was a little alarmed at the fact that Del'ure was uncomfortable and agitated. "It's the ones that are chasing you. We should hunt them" she said. She had the itch to hunt too, and the fact that hunting in the snow was an experience altogether different from hunting during spring, summer and fall made all the difference.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 8:49 pm

The demon looked at Bishop in surprise when she suggested hunting the ones that were tracking him, instead of waiting around for them to find Del’ure. The idea was not a bad one and he couldn’t deny that he had thought about this many times already but so far he had always rejected again. There were too many complications to be considered for the time being, but the longer he thought about it, after that morning’s agitation, he couldn’t help but warm to the idea more and more.

“It would not a bad idea, cannot say any different,” he finally spoke his thoughts as he searched the woman’s face for any clues on the reason behind this. “It would definitely be interesting, especially considering the time of year, they will not expect to be hunted themselves. They probably barely are moving themselves, if at all.”

Getting up to pace the cave, Del’ure contemplated this a bit longer, completely ignoring the fact that his bladder was starting to feel like it was going to burst soon. “I’m still not entirely convinced however. I don’t know what their plan is and I don’t know where they’re heading, they might just as well be taking care of something, or rather someone, else before me.”

A few more paces later, he added: “Are you really sure you would want to do this?”
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 7:58 pm

"This is the best time to get them. When they are lax, thinking you are holed up somewhere, trying to hide from them. They will not think to look up or behind them. Only ever ahead, looking for you" she said even as she strung her bow and checked her quivers. "You need not worry about me. I am in my element" she said. Which she was. Out in the snow, she was like a wraith. You may catch a glimpse of her, but even with her fiery hair, you wouldn't be able to spot her.

She began to sift through furs until she came to the white ones. They were beautiful, well kept and especially invisible against the stark white of the snowy world outside.

"You should use the latrine I dug there. I'll be filling it up before we leave" she said.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 8:34 pm

As soon as Bishop started getting her weapons ready, Del'ure was already checking for his own weapons. His daggers were all accounted for even though he had to dig one out from behind the furs. He had no clue how it had gotten there though. They both knew that Bishop was right and that they should take their chance now and catch his followers unaware. Plus, it would be nice for a change to actually hunt for someone again, everything else had started to get boring. It would be new as well to be working together with someone else for a change..

It was only when Bishop hinted towards her little hole in the ground when the demon finally noticed how close he was to bursting and he gladly took up the offer, relieving himself with a happy groan. Without further ado, he threw in the rest of the lime, Bishop had already started as it was no use leaving a piece of lime lying around, it would go bad anyways, and then he began to shovel the earth back into the hole as she had pointed out she would do.

"I'm actually looking forward to this now," Del'ure grinned as they were ready to set out. "Hunting gives a special thrill that I have not appreciated in far too long."
The first steps into the snow felt weird but amazing at the same time. The crunch under his feet and the chilly but fresh smell of the frozen white powder sent a shiver of excitement down his back and the demon turned to Bishop with a mischievous grin. "Let's get us some fresh meat."
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 4:08 pm

She walked out behind him, eager for the hunt. There was a smile on her face as she brushed past him, running off into the unbroken white. A whistle and Dog was bounding toward her, breaking a path in the snow. She grabbed him by his scruff and scratched him behind the ears, seemingly in a daze. After a minute or two dog yipped and ran off, and Bird landed on a branch, shaking off the snow. It chwirked before taking flight and Bishop turned to Del'ure. "We've got eyes, ears and nose... let's find some meat" she told him.

In the time between their meetings, she had gained a power from a man. The ability to understand, communicate and use an animals senses. It wasn't very easy, as talking to it and listening to it. No, she had to understand the rhythm of their breathing, the beat of their heart, and slowly their thoughts, in sights and sounds, would come to her. Then it was up to her to decipher them, and send back her own sights and sounds.

She had thought about acquiring another animal, but it was tough enough to communicate with Dog and Bird. Although using their senses was the easy part.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:38 pm

“Extra senses are always an asset,” Del’ure smiled as he eyed the animals who were now each going their separate ways to scout the area for them. “How long have you had those two?” Despite her rather harsh treatment of the animals from time to time, she still had a gentle hand with them when she was in a good mood and it was clear that the animals were dear to her.

The first part of their journey passed in relative silence though and they sped along the snow as if it were not hindering their movement or speed in the slightest. The demon began to be rather bored at some point but couldn’t be bothered with small talk either just to fill the silence between them. Plus, now that they were further away from the den and heading back from where Del’ure had come from, chances were that – if the others actually were on the move – they could at any time bump into them.

Still, Del’ure did not think it would be the case any time soon; they would probably have to spend the night under the stars and move on the next day if they wanted to stumble across his followers. Just as well, the demon thought. He was not quite ready to face them yet. Rather, he had to prepare mentally to come across the other demon, knowing that it played with dirtier tricks than him and he did not fall into a trap.

“Maybe we should start keeping our eyes open for a place to spend the night if needs be,” Del’ure suggested. “A small cave might be better than sleeping out in the open.” Of course, they still had a few hours until night time would settle but the demon believed in being prepared when on a hunt and they had already left Bishop’s den in a rush, he didn’t want to be rushed for anything else now.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 11:50 pm

"I've had the bird longer than the dog, but I've had them both a mighty long time.I usually don't count time, so I really wouldn't know..." she said. And that was the end of their small-talk. They fell into a silence that was comfortable for her. This way, she could listen with Dog's ears properly. When he spoke again, she realized they were in familiar hunting grounds for her.

"I have a hunting blind up here somewhere. We can stay in it overnight, and if you don't snore or toss and turn too much, we can stay there. It might be a bit uncomfortable, and tight fit, but it's better to be above ground than at ground level when hunting" she said. Snow coated her furs, but from far away, she was practically invisible. Her hair was soaked through with snow, and were it not for her hood, would stand out like a sore thumb against all the white. She was still excited for the hunt. For her, hunting was something of a religious experience.

Though, she mostly killed animals during hunts. Demon things and people did not really comprise her hunting tastes.

Sometimes, though, one had to enact a preemptive strike in order to survive, and Bishop was all about surviving.

She stared up for a moment.

"Remind me what these demons look like" she said in a faraway voice.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 1:38 pm

“Hunting blind sounds good. Doesn’t have to be anything special anyways, just something where we can spend a few hours of rest all the while keeping an eye on our surroundings.” Del’ure didn’t consider hunting like most others did. He did it for entertainment purposes or because he had to sometimes but he was nevertheless not going to simply waltz into a dangerous situation without being prepared. At least not when another demon was involved, no matter how small or petty they might be.

When Bishop suddenly stared upwards and talked to him in a rather distant voice as if she were not completely in her own body anymore, Del’ure frowned as he looked at her, but willingly replied to her question to give her the information she required. “They were black, body-fitting clothes as they try to blend in with the darkness and think they are shadow fighters. Their leader has yellow cat-like eyes and will be out of the way for the most part, definitely not at the forefront,” Del’ure added as that was the one being he was interested in. The henchmen, his so-called ninjas, were of no consequence to him and they would be easily and quickly dispatched, even more so with Bishop’s bow and animals by his side.

“Why? What is it? What do you see?” he asked, squinting his eyes to see anything in their surroundings but there was nothing but trees and snow in his vision. Plus, she wasn’t really staring at the trees but into the sky, which was a little unsettling.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 10:01 pm

"I see four black dots, not far from where we are" she said. "By not far" she said and looked down, blinking her eyes a couple times. "I mean they are about half a day's walk from us. Bird doesn't understand people distance" she said and led the way to her hunting blind. Thankfully, animals had been tracking all over, the heavier ones making furrows in the snow. "Let's get set up. We may have a successful hunt, soon..." she said, sounding eager. She looked back to Del, a smile on her face. "I brought an extra bow for you" she said, almost girlish in the way she sounded, as though she'd gotten him a present.

She reached the tree and began to climb up. The blind was invisible among the boughs, even if it was winter. This was because she covered the blind so snow would not pile up inside it, but around it. At worst, it looked like a snowpile, at best, it didn't look like anything at all.

"Nobody ever looks up, Del. Nobody" she said, keyed up as she disappeared into the blind.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 7:50 am

An inquisitive frown passed over Del’ure’s face as Bishop told him about Bird’s conception of distance and he was slightly confused but quickly dismissed the emotion. It was not something he had considered, quite simply.
Of course hunters learned to communicate with their animals over time and learned to interpret the signs they gave but he had not thought that a mere human without any magical abilities – or apparently so – could enter her animals’ minds. It seems as though he had been mistaken. It was a very handy skill however, he absolutely did not deny that.

“Looks like we’re going to get our hunt very soon indeed,” he grinned in return to Bishop’s blatant excitement at being able to hunt something, bastards on top of it all. When she mentioned the bow, he had to grin. “I guess this is the right time to tell you that I’m not really proficient with the use of bows.”
As he watched her climb up however, he couldn’t not admire her posterior for a second, before he cleared his throat and continued while clambering upwards himself. “I never really used a bow; I’m more a hand-to-hand combat kind of guy. I like my enemies up close and personal, generally at least.” He winked at her, remember how they had crossed paths for the very first time.

She was very right about the looking up part however. He himself rarely checked for enemies above him, something he should probably change. If anyone was ever going to hunt him and thinking like Bishop, then he might not be able to dodge nasty things coming at him seeing that he was not prepared for an attack from above.

“So, there’s four black dots,” Del’ure picked up her previous information. “That’s good. They’re all accounted for then.” His mind was racing now, wondering what their plan of action would be and how to best counteract any attack. Of course, he had never considered a fight from the position he was currently in, thus he looked to Bishop to hear her plan.
“What do you have in mind? Take them out with arrows before they know what is coming for them?” He raised a questioning eyebrow. “In that case, I should warn you though that my little demon friend is not quite as easily to hit as I apparently am.” He couldn’t help but joke about their first meet, once again. It had been quite the introduction after all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7