Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 8

Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:39 pm

She wished her hound was with her now and was quite sorry for being mean to it. She should have suspected something. Her dog was brave and fierce. As if on cue, it crept into the cave, tail between its legs and stood beside her. Bishop, grateful for it and more sorry now than ever that she'd scorned it, put a hand on its head and retreated a few steps to the cave mouth. "What..." she said, feeling a stammer coming on and cleared her throat. She wasn't afraid. She /was/ afraid, but she wasn't afraid because he scared her. She was afraid because he could kill her. That was it. Yes.

Bishop hadn't ever met anyone who wasn't human before. And if she had, she hadn't ever found them out.

"What are you?" she asked.

She slid an arrow from her quiver and nocked it, but did not draw the string back. Could he die? Was he an immortal?
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:49 pm

When the dog suddenly crept into the cave, he was oddly content with knowing that it would overcome its own fear in order to stand by its mistress, it spoke for it really and Del'ure was fond of courage as long as it was not senseless stupidity - which a lot of people seemed to mistake for courage. He looked at the dog, but without any threat or sparkle in his eyes, wondering if the dog would understand that he did not mean any harm, because he was sure that Bishop would not believe him no matter how he would phrase it.

Sure enough, an arrow was already nocked to her bow as she was retreating backwards, keeping her eyes on him, prepared for a possible attack. "I know you won't believe me but I am not going to hurt you. I'm not bloodthirsty when it isn't extremely necessary, like in times of war for instance." She wouldn't believe him, she just wouldn't. "As for what I am," Delure added, still remaining unfazed, even though still slightly surprised that she had found him out so quickly, but it definitely spoke for her senses and her observation skills. "I am a demon," he finally responded. "And the fact that you have found out speaks for you. You are highly able and it's what has kept you alive for so long and probably will for quite some time to come. You're not easily fooled, don't lose that skill."

He kept her eyes steadily on her, no threat or danger about him. None at all, but her face spoke volumes, but those questions he wasn't really willing to answer. It were the typical questions of someone afraid of something they did neither know nor understand and it would be dangerous, for both of them. "Would you let me off the chain though? Before you disappear? I won't be here when you come back, if that is what you wish. It would just make things a little easier for me if you took off the collar and it would prevent me from doing any harm."
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:58 pm

He hadn't hurt her when he had her in his hands, and she needed to know why before she came anywhere close to him. If she ran right now, he wouldn't be able to come after her... could he? Could he just break out of his chain and materialize in front of her. Her heart was beating hard, a little staccato drum in her chest as she lowered her weapon. "...Why'd you let yourself get caught?" she asked. Had it wanted something from her? Her soul maybe? Demons took souls right? Didn't they eat them or keep them so that when people died, they served them eternally?

Her dog wasn't exactly comfortable with Del'ure, still didn't like him, but he hoped that the bad smelling man would know that it would protect red lady. In fact, he wouldn't bite or bark or anything, if the bad smelling man just... didn't do anything.

"You could've killed me already... couldn't you?" she asked, the arrow falling to the ground from fingers numbed by fear.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 7:57 am

At first, he didn’t want to reply, then he didn’t quite know how to put it to sound believable, but then he reverted back to his previous conclusion. No matter what he said, she wouldn’t believe it. It probably had not changed within the last few seconds. “I wanted to know more about you and it seemed the only way to get close enough to you to learn a little something about you, Bishop.”

His eyes kept on her, drinking in her reaction. It was pretty normal really from what he had gathered about humans. They didn’t particularly take to demons, or anything unknown or more frightening than them. They tend to think everyone was after their hides because they considered themselves precious. Scolding himself for being cynical, he focused on the situation at hand again. “There was just something about you,” he admitted. “You are very different from anyone I’ve ever met and it simply stirred my curiosity. So, I let myself be captured.” Bishop was a different story anyways, she really had reason to believe every one, after all, she was a thief, and if her inclination to keep men as slaves was any kind of a clue, she did not have a good life up until now.

“Yes,” he simply stated, “I could have already killed you. If I had wanted to.” There was no need to sugarcoat what she already knew herself anyways. By now, the behaviour of her hound was making perfect sense to her too and she was probably cursing herself for not having paid attention to its awareness for things she could not perceive with her human senses and instincts. Seeing the arrow drop from her grip however, he sat up. “Why are you so afraid of me now? I’m not threatening you, am I? Nor did I before.”
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 8:49 am

"But you want something. Now you want something and if I don't give it to you... you'll kill me" she said. "And what if it's something I can't give?" she asked. Her dog whined and bumped his head against her hand. She pet it's head absently, pinched an ear the way it liked. She was sorry she hadn't listened to her dog. If she survived this encounter, she'd let him eat a whole deer all by himself. She'd also find him a bitch. Poor dog needed something to hump and it'd be good to have two dogs with her.

Chickens counted before the hatched.

She sighed, ran a hand over her thick auburn hair. "What. What do you want me to give you?" she asked. "And the chain thing doesn't count, that's... a matter of social er... dignity" she said.

She was Bishop, and even afraid she was blunt and to the point.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 7:20 pm

“Yes, I do want something, but that’s merely that you let me out of this chain, nothing more, and even if you don’t seem to be willing to do that. But this is something you can easily do and as you’ve already said, it’s a matter of being social” – he purposefully phrased it differently from her as he did not agree with the dignity thing, not at all. As a matter of fact, he thought it was fairly degrading, but maybe that was exactly what she had meant by that expression. Considering her general attitude, that might even be possible. He continued: “So you shouldn’t worry about me wanting to kill you simply because you don’t want to release the chain.”

Del’ure said this rather calmly with an undertone of disdain, but then he added in a more serious tone, thinking better of his words as he did not want to sound like he was mocking her: “Initially, all I wanted was to get to know a little more about you. And then we kind of ended up getting to know each other rather well – in a certain way.” A grin passed over his face at these words and the memory, though the latter was quickly clouded by her unfair teasing, thus Del’ure moved on.

“Now,” I know you don’t trust me, probably even less than before, but I would still appreciate it if you could loosen the collar. I promise I’m not going to kill you or even hurt you – intentionally.”
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 7:28 pm

She didn't trust him. Didn't trust him any more than she had trusted the bandits and pirates she'd lived amongst. No man was trust worthy, least of all a demon one. She walked to him, giving him as wide a berth as she could managed to get to his back. She fiddled with the collar (it would take longer to remove a chain) and it popped open. She tried not to smash his nose as she brought it up over his head. Once she was done, she backed up, the cave wall at her back. Her dog had slunk around the cave's edge to be next to her.

"There. You're free."

But she didn't expect him to go. He wanted more. She'd told him the chain thing didn't count. It was undignified for a demon to be chained whilst it tried to deal with a human.

Now that he was free, she was sure that there would be talk of what else she could do for him, wild though she was.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 9:20 pm

Del’ure’s eyes never left Bishop as she made her way towards him, keeping as much distance as possible between them, even while she was fiddling with the collar around his neck. It almost smashed into his nose but she managed to get it off quickly enough without damaging anything along the way. She had barely stripped it off before she was backing away from him again, even though he had not moved since straightening up and taken down his arms for her to easier get to the collar.

“Thank you,” he merely said, watching her. He knew the dog was beside her but he didn’t pay attention to it. As courageous as it was now trying to be by remaining at its mistress’ side, he knew it would not do anything to him. It was funny how she kept ogling him, as if he was going to turn into some weird sort of awful looking abomination at any second.

“Why do you keep staring at me like that? What do you expect is going to happen?” he asked, deciding to voice the thoughts which were running through his head. “Do you think I’m going to eat you alive? Steal your soul? Rape you?” He huffed a little at the options he listed, but he sat back comfortably again and tried not to let her be biased by anything he did.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 9:31 pm

"I would be naive to think that you wouldn't do something" she said. A woman like her didn't get around by believing the best about people. She knew there had been something off about the man. He just didn't act like other men. He was far too willing to be captured, far too comfortable in the face of captivity and actually acted insulted when she wanted to take what she wanted from him without treating him like some lover. A spoiled demon, she believed he was. Spoiled rotten.

"You're used to being spoiled... aren't you?" she asked, for lack of quick exit or better conversation. "You're used to sweet, nice women that wear dressed and corsets. The kind that fan themselves and titter, and run around bedrooms squealing as you chase them. I'm gathering you never met someone who don't appreciate living as some man's thrall".

If she could keep talking to it, then maybe it would dash the plans it had for her and leave quietly. She would never speak of its existence and would swear it if asked of her.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 10:59 am

“Yes, you would be naïve indeed, but it doesn’t mean that everyone is going to do something, just because you think they might be,” Del’ure retorted, before adding: “But you’re doing good the way you’re doing it, at least you’re not letting yourself be fooled.”

He briefly wondered why it was that he kept complimenting her on the way she was going through life, but he shrugged it off. There was just something about her and she really did know how to get along without anyone else’s help, which was quite something, especially for a woman.

His face clouded a little at her next words but he decided to go with the mocking route, because in these things, Bishop could obviously not be taken seriously and she wanted to get a rise out of him. Though why she kept trying to, he did not understand. It was as if she absolutely wanted him to do something to her. Briefly, he was reminded of her asking him to be a brute... but then he quickly pushed that aside.

“Oh yes, I actually do like them when they’re all squealing and wanting to touch me all over without me doing anything for it to be that way. Like moths to a flame, you know?" The demon smiled broadly at this, purposefully once again ignoring a part of what she said, before he continued to vocalise his train of thoughts. "I think it is too pathetic though to chase them through the bedroom, I just head to the bed and they follow. Or they actually just already lie on the bed, in a lovely little dress which I can then shred to bits, or already completely naked...” Del’ure was smiling at some of the pictures this was conjuring up in his mind. “Ah the lovely variety,” he mumbled.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 11:11 am

"Well you're a piece of shit and I planned on killing you" she said and bared her teeth in a feral grin. "Granted, you're a good looking piece of garbage, but your mouth was going to get you killed. You talk too much. Can't be a proper slave" she said and shrugged her shoulders. "Now you've got your freedom. Get the hell out of my cave before I find out whether or not stabbing a demon in the eye kills him" she said.

She sounded a lot braver than she looked.

She was still pressed to the far cave wall, although her fingers had dropped to the hilt of her knife, jutting out of her belt.

Bishop, by nature, had been a calm person, silent, with eyes that could see into forever. The world made her confrontational and angry. She made a great hunter, because other people were not involved. However, she was a terrible person to be around. She made everything into an argument or a fight, and in the end, someone ended up dead or bleeding. She didn't know or didn't want to know any other way of being. She couldn't handle it, presumably, or she just didn't want to be let down by life.

She'd taken the lemons and made a lemon fortress that squirted lemon juice into the eyes of passersby.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 12:43 pm

“So going against what you’re saying is making you angry and agreeing to what you say makes you angry. What don’t you turn into a fight, dear Bishop?” Del’ure asked, sitting up straight again, hands down beside him, pressing against the furs. He still kept his eyes steadily on her, noticing the brief movement towards her knife. He might want to start getting prepared for an attack now seeing that she was losing patience.

“Funny, I thought you were different,” Del’ure hissed, “But yet here you are. Scared out of your wits and only brave because you have a few pets beside you and a dagger in your hand. It’s always nice and easy to hide behind a bow and kill things from a distance, but I could almost bet you don’t have the guts to kill someone up close. Or do you?” The demon was teasing her now. He was fairly certain she could do it if pushed enough and he definitely was willing to push a few buttons. Not that he was suicidal but he merely wanted to know what she’d do. In an odd way, he’d actually quite like to help this woman and reintegrate her a little more into the real world instead of this nomadic and hermit sort of life.

“Why do you want to fight everything and everyone so badly? What is your story?” There, he finally had said what he wanted, knowledge, but it might not have been what she had expected him to want.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 12:52 pm

She frowned. "I shot you up close, bastard" she pointed out. "Twice". She shot him once from far away, and even then she'd been close enough to see. And she'd killed plenty of men up close, but bragging about that would just feed him some fodder she didn't wish to. He asked her story and she went stony-faced. "Nothing special, demon. Nothing you need care about. Just some girl nobody cared about being on her own. Simple as that."

It wasn't simple as that.

Her life was a series of misfortune. She supposed her greatest misfortune was being born a girl, or being born Bishop's girl... hell being born at all. But she didn't disdain the life she had. Nay. She fought for it, tooth and nail and existed despite so many attempts at her life from the fates themselves, or some other kind of deity. She was sure there was someone up there, because so many awful things had happened and only a cruel, morbid sense of humor could see to that.

So much misfortune could not be coincidence.

"Whose body was that before you snatched it?" she shot back.

She knew a little about how demons worked. She'd captured amonk before. Wouldn't shut the fuck up or stop trying to convert her, and in the end she just drowned the blaspheming, miserable sod.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 1:49 pm

“Yes, ‘shot’ being the driving word. Would you have the guts to plunge a knife into me? Somewhere other than my leg at that.” Playing with fire, just the way he like it best. Del’ure wasn’t quite sure what he was getting himself into this time but he wanted to push this and see where it would lead him. Her words brought him up short however.

“Simple as that, huh?” The demon mused, knowing for certain that it was anything but as simple as that but he would come back to this later as she had already moved on to accusing him of yet something else again. It did take him a few moments however to realise what exactly it was she was referring to and he kept wondering whose body he had been dragging around. It had definitely been a while since he had last killed someone and Bishop had most certainly not been around for that.

“Oh you mean the deer? I merely wanted to bring that to you because you ran off without it. Nothing more than me trying to be friendly but apparently that is something you do not know how to appreciate. Has anyone ever been nice to you or do you really not even know what the word means if it isn’t meant in a purely practical way? As for instance feeding your so-called slaves so they’re fit enough for you to do whatever you want with them. And you call me a bastard?”
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 1:57 pm

"I meant the skin you're wearing..." she said in exasperation. She knew a thousand and one cuss words, but when it came to Del'ure, they just all failed to surmise his... magnanimous douchebaggery.

She listened to his spiel and rolled her eyes. "You're telling me that no kindness has a practical value? The woman that feeds you wants to fuck you, that is certain practically the entire time for you. The monk that frees you wishes to convert you. The soldier that saves you wishes to police you. The mother that raises you wishes to be taken care of by you. The father that teaches you wishes for you to carry on his name and legacy. The child that gives you a flower wishes for you to praise it and make it feel good about itself. There is no kindness without motive" she said.

That was pretty passionate of her. She'd gotten a look in her eye and almost forgot her fear.

Almost.

"And I'm legitimate" she said, her lips curled into a smirk.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 2:10 pm

Del’ure chuckled at her passionate speech. It was the most he had heard her talk without interruption since he first laid eyes on her the previous day. “I didnt’ say there was no kindness without motive, I just wondered whether you even believed in it actually being meant in a genuine way without someone wanting something in return. There might be a monk wanting to freee you without wanting to convey you. Or the soldier might want to be kind enough to save you without wanting to police you. Of course, it always makes the monk or the soldier feel good about themselves to have done such a thing but it doesn’t necessarily mean they want something in return.”

He was fully aware that he was splitting hairs, and completely in vain for that matter, but he couldn’t help it. She had this air about her that simply seemed to scream for arguments and fighting. So, if she wished, she could have it. He felt like being indulgent today, so why not follow up on such motivation.

“As for the skin I’m wearing. As a matter of fact, he was on the brink of dying and I liked his body, so I picked it up when he gave his last breath. I’m sure you’ve noticed the overly large scar on the back.” It was about all he would say about the topic unless she was really going to push it but something told him that she probably wouldn’t. He had never mentioned this in quite so much detail despite all the flowery stories he had told about how ‘he’ had gotten said scar, but never the reality behind it.

Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 2:15 pm

She ignored his splitting hairs, simply because Bishop could not abide arguments about the little things. She knew very well that he knew very well what she'd meant. He was doing it to get a rise out of her and she was good at that, so she could spot it. Instead, her focus was on the scar. She'd definitely felt it. However, she hadn't thought it was life threatening. There were many men and women who were whipped so often that the scar tissue built ugly ridges across their back. His scar had felt similar to that of the pleasure slaves sold around Dragon's Cove. Their master's often beat them with a special whip made from the tail of a certain dragon. The effect was no latticemark, but a ridge down the back, somewhat ugly but in its own way, unique. Of course, now that she thought about it, this scar was different.

"I thought you were an either freed or escaped pleasure slave, and I had a mind to get your story out of you, to see whether or not you were worth more to me alive than dead".

The truth was coming easy, and she had to wonder if that was just her being her blunt self, or some kind of... aura that the demon projected to get her mouth running.

She scowled at that.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 2:23 pm

“You see, not everything is as easy as it seems to you, or as black and white. There are sometimes nuances that you don’t seem to be particularly interested in. And as far as my life is concerned. I might enjoy my pleasure and I might enjoy sex, a lot, but that doesn’t mean that everything about me is just about that. An overused sex-slave is worth nothing. They’re numb, they’re passionless. What makes you think that I, a demon, would choose such a being to be my body?” There was much more to be said about this, but the demon refused. She was not the one he was going to expose his whole being, his whole way of life to, or even his general line of thinking, even if some of it was fairly obvious even for fools to grasp.

Del’ure snarled at her, misinterpreting her scowl. “You really live in your own little world, do you? Not everything is about sex slaves, rape, pleasure or you being angry at life.” For some reason, he was angry now and it made him even more annoyed to realise that he was starting to build a rage. It could be dangerous, and it was not an area he wanted to enter. “There is more to every story and you shouldn’t do onto others what you obviously don’t want to have done to yourself.” On account of him sounding like a preacher now, yet something else he did not like, he sat up from the furs and grabbed his shirt, angrily throwing it over his shoulders, making to head off any second now.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 2:32 pm

"Wanting and reality are two different things, Del" she said and strode to her furs to lay down. He wouldn't harm her. He'd had every opportunity to. "If I'd gotten just a bit of what I wanted, maybe you'd be chasing me through some kind of common room, and I'd have never realized you were anything but human" she said, her face pillowed in her arms. Her dog was beside her, on the wall side. "My own little world is safer than the big one out there. There are no men but those I bring into my world. No bandits. No soldiers. No pirates. No dead fathers. No kindly monks. No deluded merchants..." she said. "Best of all, there are no women either. Nothing for me to look at and emulate. Nothing for me to look at and envy. No children for me to pity, or care for." she said and patted her dogs head, digging her fingers into his fur and giving him a good massage.

"I shouldn't do unto others what I didn't want done to myself, but what happens when it's been done to me... does that give me license to do to others what has been done to me?" she asked. "Or is there another gem like that one to pick up the slack?".
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 2:56 pm

“Any woman wanted to copy another’s style wouldn’t be worthy of my time. I play with them yes, but that would be the end of it. Wanting can easily be made reality, you just have to have the guts to do something about it,” Del’ure replied, staring at her from where he was standing as he closed up his shirt again. She looked rather lovely as she was lying down on her furs but any desire he had felt for her previously was certainly gone now. “Why would you even want to be like anyone else when you can be so much better than most of them. You have the courage and the brains to actually be yourself, now and here. Why would you not have it when there are other humans around you?”

Del’ure laughed at her question however, especially because he was of the opinion she was mocking him once again. “So you think because it has already done to you it gives you a free pass to be just as much of a jerk as seemingly everyone you have ever met has been to you?” The demon shook his head, not only at her words but at the fact that he, a demon of all beings, was talking morality with a wild woman. “Think again Bishop. You’re not that stupid.”
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 3:03 pm

She glared up at him.

"And you are certainly not the wild night I had anticipated. Liar" she said and turned her back on him. She was done with Del'ure. He could leave now, go about his free business and walk away from the wild woman he'd given such a verbal lashing. It was so easy to tell people to do and be things, but it was not so easy to go about it. How could you repair years of mistrust, abuse and hate? How could she retrain herself to be around others? People were evil in packs, they banded together and ripped you apart and that was the last thing she needed, to ripped apart by good-for-nothings that she would normally gut and pick off were she alone, up a tree or far away with an arrowhead between her and the offending party.

She stroked her dog's side, dutifully ignoring the demon's exit.

She'd have to move now. He knew where she lived and the last man she'd let out alive had betrayed her, despite his oath that he wouldn't. She always moved and had just been watching, to see if he'd been true.

It would take less than a day to clear her things out, it would take far longer to find or steal another suitable home.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 3:12 pm

Laughing out loud once more, Del’ure almost wanted to go sit next to her on the furs and pat her on the shoulder as soon as she turned her back on him after having spoken her last words to him. “Because I’m talking slightly more sense than you? That makes me a liar all of a sudden? I never said much about how I am, how I feel or how I think, I merely gave a few hints and the rest you assumed of your own free will. Not my fault.”

He took her hint however and picked up the rest of the things that seemed to have made their way out of his pockets. Somewhere he had a coat as well, now where was that? His eyes soon picked out something on the floor that could be his coat and indeed it was. Removing it off of the floor on his way out, he waved over his back, knowing very well that she wouldn’t see and sang a low “so long” as he made his way out of the cave.

He was sure the dog was glad he was finally gone even though his smell would linger for quite a while, but he wasn’t so sure it had been a good idea to leave Bishop alone with her thoughts now. Alas, it was what she had wanted herself and he did not want to impose after what he had just thrown into her face. He knew better than to overstay his welcome, which had barely been a welcome anyways. Nevertheless, apart from the collar and chains part, he had rather enjoyed his stay with her.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 3:20 pm

Why was she so sorry he was gone now? Surely her cave was better without him. Granted she'd have to move. Reluctantly she got up as soon as he left and began to collect her things. Her dog seemed all the more happy for Del'ure's departure and she had an urge to kick it. However, she'd promised the dog safety for it's accurate impression of Del'ure. She moved swiftly, yet...

She grit her teeth so hard it made her jaw ache.

"Yet nothing. No one but you gives a damn about you, Bishop" she said. "And your stupid dog" she added for good measure as she rolled up the last of her things.

It had been hours since Del'ure left. Surely that was long enough for him to be well on his way. She'd track him a ways, and then go opposite his direction.

The only dilemma was, she wasn't sure where she'd live now. That cave had been perfect. She didn't fancy living in a foxhole, like last season. And the damn cave had been a great spot to affix a ring for a slave.

She cursed.

Her dog ranged ahead of her happily and a telltale shadow spoke for her bird. Feeling... quite unlike herself, she set out to track Del'ure and diverge from his path.

At some point. She was sure she'd gone in circles.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 3:37 pm

The demon walked on for quite a while without a true purpose to his steps. He couldn’t quite remember what it was he had been on his way to do before he had bumped into Bishop. There had been a reason why he had been here in this forest and why he had been walking in that specific direction but the fact that this wild one had been so different had made him forget everything else. He didn’t care about it at the moment either. If someone was waiting for him for whatever reason they might be, then they would just have to keep waiting.

After he finally realised he had actually been walking pointlessly and without direction, Del’ure stopped. Eyeing his surroundings, he found himself a nice comfortable spot next to a tree where he could rest for a few hours with relative ease. He had to sleep for a few hours and sort out his head before he moved on to anywhere. Somehow Bishop was still swirling about in his mind and he felt like he had abandoned her somehow, even though she had clearly wanted him out and practically thrown her out with her various obvious hints. Nevertheless, something was nagging, yet he pushed that thought aside and leaned against the tree, swiftly closing his eyes and pushing any thoughts from his mind.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 3:42 pm

She came upon him sleeping and debated waking him up. What good would it do? She was sure they'd just end up arguing. She squatted, looked at his face and drifted off into her own thoughts as she tried to figure out what she should do. Her dog would not come near Del'ure and her bird was off sleeping somewhere or something. She reached out a hand to touch his shoulder, shake him awake and tell him he had been walking in circles this whole time.

But she snatched her hand back and rose, carefully.

He didn't need her and she certainly did not need him. He would find his own way out. Besides, now that she knew he was walking in circles, she'd simply find a home without the circle, rather than within.

Indecision plagued her as she stood staring down at him.

Leave. Stay.

She scowled.

Sighing softly she pulled out one of her furs and held it in her hands. She would give it to him and leave. That way the demon would see that she respected him and maybe it would help to sway his mind away from tracking her. It was not at all that Bishop thought it was chilly out and the stupid idiot would catch pneumonia or anything.

Could demons even catch pneumonia?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)    Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Height of the Hunt (Eldar & Nen)
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next