Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

(this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

(this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone)   (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 2:06 pm

Aura nodded, the thought of being alone with Alec registering only in the back of her mind for the moment. She herself, was used to being hungry and tired, so as long as Alec didn't come back any time soon, she was reletively happy.
"That's actually a good idea. It's something better to do than nothing." She shrugged. "But I'm afraid that I won't be much help. I'm no good with cooking." she chuckled. It was true, there were very few periods in her life when she didn't eat what was simply put in front of her, or what she could get her hands on.
Zorina kept her head down and gazed at the two with large, orange eyes. She showed little sign of emotion. "That's fine by me," she replied simply. "Just don't go too far."
She didn't know why she was so protective of the two. Perhaps because they're the only companions she had that she knew wouldn't literally disappear into thin air.
Yeah, that was a good reason.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

(this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone)   (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 2:18 pm

"That's quite alright," Selene replied. "I had to go through the whole learning how to cook process - my mother's attempt to get me into decent enough shape that maybe someone would be interested in me and marry me, if I was renowned for my cooking skills, if not for my mouth." She laughed at the thought. For once, her mother had had a good idea, something that would actually come in handy, even though not quite under the circumstances her mother would have imagined.

"Right, let's go then," she gave Aura a cheerful smile. It would be good for both to get something done, especially since Alec and Zorina had a little task to attend to and it would save the girls from having to sit around all the time twiddling their thumbs. "No worries, Zorina, we won't go to far." Smiling at the dragon as well, Selene started to make her way into the fields, eyes glued to the floor, trying to make out the various plants growing amongst the grass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone)   (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 2:52 pm

Aura smiled in amusement at the remark. "What a surprise," she murmured inwardly. From what she'd heard, that was only one of the many things that her mother and father did to try and make her more... oh, what would the right word be? Attractive?
Idiots. she thought, refusing to think of how much she sounded like Alec.
"Alright," she replied, noticing that Selene seemed a bit cheered up now, which made her feel a bit better. She followed behind the girl obideintly.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone)   (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 6:13 pm

"Hmm... there doesn't seem to be much to be found around here. Maybe nearer to the forest, under the trees and bushes or something." Selene mused. She kept walking, her eyes still glued to the ground but then she thought better of it and looked at Aura. She seemed to feel a little better, though she still was not all too happy.
"I'm a little curious, I just hope you don't think I'm too nosy. How did you get by all these years? On your own?" Selene asked hesitantly, not wanting to intrude on Aura's personal life. Though they got along quite well, she wasn't really sure how Aura would take it if Selene started asking personal questions about a part of the girl's life, which was quite hard at times from what Selene had gathered so far.
"I mean, I'm used to my protected little life where my parents do everything they can to bend me to their wishes and views but still, it was a good life where I didn't have to worry about much."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone)   (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 6:28 pm

Aura simply walked obediently behind Selene, looking at the ground as she did, though she didn't know exactly what to look for.....
She almost didn't notice when she began speaking to her, because she'd been trying to drown out the girl's inward murmuring. But she heard the gist of the question, which she wasn't really surprised to get. She could understand how someone with Selene's appearant life couldn't understand how, as the saying goes, you can't miss what you never had.
Continueing to walk and study the ground, she shrugged. "I hadn't had a home as long as I could remember, literally," she admitted, trying to keep the first day she ever remembered out of her mind as she said this. It wasn't a pleasant experience. "I lived like every other kid on the street, I suppose. Team up when it's to your benifit, otherwise, every kid for themselves. Take what you need, learn from yourself, and don't let the same happen to you. When I got older" she sighed, her eyes slowly adusting so she could be subconciously aware of every blade of grass as she spoke, she was staring so intently. "It's really not as hard as it may seem. You learn to take care of yourself. The orphan school of tough learning, that's what my friend calls it." (xD)
Aura smiled slightly in rememberance.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone)   (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 6:56 pm

"Yeah of course you learn through the course of life, mistakes and what not, but still. Even though you might have never known what it is like to live in a protected environment with a family that cares, have you never felt like there should be more to life than just fighting with other kids over who gets the bigger part of whatever it is that you just managed to steal or whatever?" She knew she didn't sound the most sophisticated and not like the nicest person, but it was simply hard for her to believe that someone could be genuinely happy living on the street like stray dogs. But that was probably just because that was the only impression she had ever got of orphans. Her brother had told her about his experiences and she believed what he told her.
"Ah well, sorry I lost control of myself there for a second," Selene apologised. "I have no idea anyway. What should I know? I lived in this crappy little town all my life and all I know about the world is what my brother told me - well more people than him, but he is the only one I believe."
As they had reached the forest now, Selene simply slumped down against a tree, a sad look spreading across her face. She felt like an idiot. Who was she to tell Aura anything about what she might be feeling, she didn't know the slightest thing about life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone)   (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 7:21 pm

Aura smiled in dry amusement. She didn't seem offended by the sentiment. She was very much used to it. And for the most part, that was actually a nice way of putting it. Most people just figured that anyone who doesn't have a family, who does things simply to live, was not worth the trouble of keeping alive. Or refraining from killing, for that matter.
One less poor child. One less person to steal their hard-earned goods. That was most people's opinion on things. At least Selene was concerned for her happiness and not her removal. That, and she was sick enough of being constantly mad from having to spend the evening with that dragon slayer.
"It's not like I've never experienced a family," Aura said simply, sitting down across from Selene. "I had a family. But they obviously didn't take too good care of me. The first thing I remember out of my entire life was waking up next to a boulder with a bloody head. Everyone I'd ever met was either concerned with keeping their precious possesions safe, or taking them from someone else. When I made friends, they were taken away from me. And then I was forced into another family, which wasn't exactly a fun experience. I went back to the only life that I could cope with," despite her harsh, rather judging words, her voice and expression was soft. She smiled at Selene, looking her in the eye for the first time since they started the conversation.
"Don't worry for me, Selene. I didn't suffer. I merely learned life's hardest lesson early. People are selfish. There is one in a hundred people who would put their lives on the line for someone else. And even those people, if faced with something like... traveling for a long time with innofficient supplies," she shrugged, "would be concerned with how hungry and tired they were, not the person next to them. It's humanly impossilbe for someone to be completely selfless, so I've learned to rely on the person who cares about you the most, yourself."
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone)   (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 7:57 pm

"I suppose you're right about that. Even if my boring life it already shows, with stupid little villagers thinking the world revolves around them, only caring about themselves and not seeing farther then the end of their own noses." Selene thought about what Aura had just said a little more, looking back into the girl's eyes and returning the smile.
Especially the last part of what Aura had said stuck in Selene's mind. "But think about it. If you were in the situation.. Let's take the example we're in just now. Since we're on the road with Zrina to help her figure out what is happening to the dragon race - what would you do if something were to happen to her and she couldn't protect herself, but you know you would die in the process if you wanted to help her. Would you go for it?"
It was a serious question, because a lot of people would think and try to convince themselves that they would do anything to protect someone they love or cared for, but if it really came to it, most would crawl up in their own little corners, put their heads in the sand and pretend that they don't know what's going on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone)   (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:40 pm

Aura sighed, averting Selene's eyes slightly. "There's a difference between caring about someone and putting them first. No one is completely selfless, true, but there are things the other way around also. What matters is how much. Someone who was completely selfless would be considered stupid, no? Not able to look out for themselves because few are willing to return the favor? But that's beside the point," she looked back at Selene, her face not as kind as before.
"It all really depends. If it was a minute's reaction, it might simply be a reflex to put myself in her place, but it will probably be a reflex not to instead. The truth is, nobody knows. Most people will think of themselves doing that, until the time comes they really do. But what sacrifice is death, anyway? You die, and either you find a place in some Eden," she said the words with a hint of judgement, " or it's over. No chance to regret. I think, if two people truely cared for each other, the one making the true sacrifice is given by the person who has to spend the rest of their life knowing their friend died for them. But I've only known Zorina for a few days, so like I said, I wouldn't know."
Aura was beginning to become irritated. With herself. She knew she shouldn't be this open. Her place of mind was a bit... out there, radical. But it was a perfectly oppertune moment, and she wasn't in the guarded mood. Which bothered her.
"Come on, we should finish whatever it is we're doing before your boyfriend gets back." She was teasing, obviously but her voice was hard as she got up. It made you wonder....
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone)   (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 10:25 am

"Of course someone who is absolutely selfless would be considered having a screw loose because they don't even have their own life in the end, because they spend every second caring and worrying for others. But then again a truly selfless person does not exist in my opinion. It would be too much goodness in one person and that simply does not exist." Selene agreed far more with Aura than she was admitting right now, but the look on Aura's face clearly stated that the girl was not too pleased about this and seemed rather irritated, so Selene didn't push the point any further, she simply listened to what the girl had to say and didn't make a fuss about further discussing the various arguments.
Aura had actually made a point of what Selene had been pondering, and that was why she had asked the question. She didn't believe in ultimate sacrifices, people were too selfish for it, no matter what they wanted to believe about themselves. However well she knew it would be best to drop the topic now, she had to add one more thing, she simply couldn't resist. "It's not a sacrifice knowing that the person you love or care for died for you, it's pure torture. Knowing that you could not prevent that the one person you truly care about had to die because of you. Ah anyway," she knew this was getting them nowhere. It had just been a question she had been asking herself, wondering what would happen in the nearer future when they would be confronted with more dangerous things than maybe a wolf or two, who by now, after having thought about what might happen, sounded much less threatening and she didn't understand why she had been so afraid only minutes before.
"Yeah, let's just find some spices and head back." She pretended she didn't hear what Aura had said, but the look on Selene's face darkened. She didn't like the sound of Aura's voice and was slowly starting to get fed up with having to take the blame for him coming along with them, where all of them knew it was not such a bad idea, with all his skills.
Abruptly, she got up and started plucking some plants she had spyed while they had been talking. It was not quite what she had been looking for but it was a start and there was no use venturing deeper into the woods, there probably wouldn't be much else they could find before they had to head back anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone)   (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 10:22 pm

(( Got anything else planned? If not, I'll start to when they come back. ))
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone)   (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 6:41 am

~(No I have nothing else planned, just go ahead ^^)~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone)   (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:10 pm

(( Okay. ))

When Aura and Selene got back, Zorina was long gone. And in her place was Alec tending a fire lazily, looking a bit bored as he poked the surrounding ash with a stick.
He must've heard them approach, or seen them from the corner of his eye, because the moment they approached within 20 feet of him, he said, "Zorina went hunting. She should be back soon." And that was it. No 'where did you go?' 'What have you got there?' anything of the like that Aura would expect from just about any man. But either he figured he'd know in due time, or simply didn't care.
"That was quick," Aura remarked grimly.
"I have experience," he answered with a smirk. With his eyes on the fire, they seemed to glow dangerously.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone)   (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 1:30 pm

Selene already noted from quite some distance away that the huge figure of the dragon was missing from their camping spot. That would mean Alec was back and that the constant bickering would start again. She was not looking forward to it, but then again, maybe she would get a laugh out of it again.
And she was right, they were not even there yet when Aura had to make a comment, but luckily, Alec didn't reply too much to it. Hopefully it would stay at that. But what Selene got to thinking was the way he had greeted them. As snappy as he had been earlier, she would have thought he would ask where they had been, especially since Selene had made a little scene of being insecure and scared about staying here at night. Plus, it was the way she was used to, men having to know everything and wanting to control it all.
"Did you find anything we could use as spit?" She didn't want to think more about it, in case she read too much into. Plus, she hadn't thought of this tiny detail before because they would have to grill the meat, as she was sure Zorina would catch something, somehow and they could not do it with their hands only.
She shot a quick glance at the boy who was bent over the fire, a weird glistening in his eyes. It made a shiver run down her spine. She couldn't wrap her head around what she thought of him. One moment he was annoying like a little boy and the next he was acting like an adult, knowing what to do to keep himself alive and such. There seemed to be so many different sides to him and it was putting her off. She didn't like not knowing what she thought of people.
To distract herself until Zorina got back with the results of her hunt, Selene sat down and stared into the flames, lost in thoughts. She wouldn't know what to talk about with Alec and things had been a little weird between her and Aura since that little discussion. It was nothing that couldn't be brushed away with a move of the hand, but she didn't know what to say there either, all of which on a whole made her feel like a complete idiot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone)   (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 12:12 am

(( xDDDD Awwww! ))

Alec didn't say anything. It was actually sort of amusing to see how the two interacted. Aura Glen was fun to toy with, being so easily angered. Though she had ticked him off a few times, he figured that he had a leveler head than her. Not that being strong-willed was a bad thing, but it was irritating when all that 'will' was thrust toward you. She didn't even know him, only what he did, and she already assumed that he must be some horrible person.
The girl is thoughtless, he mused, and probably one that refuses to apologize even it she knew she'd done wrong.
But the other girl was a completely different story. She was more refined, and seemed a bit more sheltered and attatched to her life, but she still had a mind. He admired that, as much harder as they were to get to cooperate than some simple-minded housewife.
They seemed to cling to each other, like they'd been friends for a long time, only they didn't act all that familiar. He wouldn't be surprised if they met this morning. (xD) They were like living proof that opposites attract.
Aura was pretty much staring at Alec, sizing him up, as if considering whether she should comment, or enjoy both the peace and her sanity while it lasted. But after a moment, she grew irritated. And naturally, she had little self restraint.
"Well? Are you going to answer or not?"
Alec's eyes shifted from the fire, looking up just as Aura came to sit by Selene. "Yes, actually, I did." his voice seemed thick, as if they'd interrupted a train of thought that he was now trying to escape from. "Which reminds me..."
He picked up a long, almost straight branch from a stack of three beside him. Putting it in his lap, he paused, looking up again. His eyes scanned both Selene and Aura, finding an object of interest at Aura's hip. "You have a knife." It wasn't a question.
Aura looked down at her hip, where her knife hung in its case, looking a bit confused, but finally got it and rolled her eyes. It didn't sit well with her for him to be borrowing her stuff, but she didn't want to get into another fight or lecture. "Here," she stated a bit irritably, taking the knife and tossing it carelessly in his direction.
Alec's hand struck out, catching the knife carefully by the blade. Tossing it again so he caught the handle, he nodded in Aura's direction. "Thank you."
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone)   (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 6:46 pm

Lost in thoughts, she had almost forgotten about her own question again, until Aura challenged Alec to answer it. She only lifted her eyes shortly to see what Alec had brought with him, but seeing that he was not about to hand her the piece of wood yet, she stared back into the fire.
He sure was a lot different from how he had been earlier. It was weird, but she felt much more comfortable now that she knew that he could live without having to mock everything and everyone all the time. Made him seem much nicer again.
Without her realising, a warm smile spread across her face when she heard the simple thank you without a muttering, neither on Aura's nor on Alec's part. Maybe this wasn't going to be so bad after all. Maybe they would have a nice quiet evening together and maybe get to know one another a little better without having to argue. It definitely would make things easier on everyone anyway.
Just to break the silence, she wanted to say something, but didn't know what. She thought of asking Alec what he had done in his life except for slaying dragons, which was obvious, but she was afraid that it would start more mockery between Aura and him. Ah what the heck, she thought and went right ahead: "So how come you are a dragon slayer?" she asked, at first not raising her eyes, but then looking at him, friendly look on her face.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone)   (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 9:35 pm

Aura rolled her eyes. Why did Selene have to go there? Most likely, the story would simply upset her. But she was beginning to enjoy the fact that she wasn't bickering with Alec like usual as well, and resisted the temptation to comment.
Alec raised his eyes to the questioning girl and smirked, as if he were enjoying an inside joke. "Believe it or not, on sheer determination to defy my parents."
He deliberated for an excruciatingly long moment on Aura's part, then continued, satasfied with the tension.
"My parents were trying to fix me up for some life I didn't even want, already had my job set, and were at the moment, setting me up with a girl I'd never met before. It ticked me off, I told them if they didn't let me lead my own life, I'd run away. They didn't believe me, but I did."
He shrugged, as if it were nothing.
"After awhile, they figured I was never coming back and turned to torture onto my little sister, Maylin. But I had to live, right? So I became a pickpocket, like every other person on the streets, which I found myself good at. That turned into being a theif for hire, then this." He looked at Selene, his sharp eyes taking on an alien softness. "It's not exactly a life I can brag about, and one I don't expect you to understand. But everyone has to choose a path, and some are difficult to turn back on."
Aura crossed her arms stubbornly and averted his gaze, loathing him even more for her being able to sympathize everything he was saying. Why did he have to even bring up that point? Why did Selene have to bring it up, period? She wasn't like him. She'd never kill a dragon for money. But everything else.....
"So you ran away from a family that cared about you, and never bothered to see them again?" she asked for her own compensation.
Alec, instead of being insulted, let his smile widen. "No, I had to solid life before I saw them again, and the only person who cared about me was my sister Maylin."
"And? What about her? You said your parents were trying to put her through the same thing that made you run away."
"Maylin? Oh, she's not that much into hunting, as much as I tried to get her into it. She's, as of now, traveling the world at her own pace. She may have found a lover, but I wouldn't know."
To him, the conversation was summed up, and his concentration returned to sharpening the ends of the stick.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone)   (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 7:31 am

Selene listened intently to every word he said. He more and more turned out to be really similar to herself and she wondered if it was a path she would end up choosing as well. It had crossed her mind more than once but so far she had not been able to bring herself to act upon it. Plus, at least her parents were trying to understand and accept her the way she was, though it turned out to be more difficult each day, the older she got basically. The sad part about this was, she understood him as in every word he said she could almost identify her exact self with.
She looked back into Alec's uncharacteristically soft eyes, her own eyes showing nothing but desperation, knowing that it was the path she would have to choose, should she ever want to escape the fangs of a pre-destined life that she did not want for herself. She was about to reply, but then Aura interrupted her train of thoughts.
Adding to what Alec had said, she muttered: "It's not that easy, Aura. It's not about loving your family or caring for your younger siblings. It's not a choice you make to hurt everyone around you. It simply is the best way to go if you don't want to kill yourself out of sheer unhappiness and misery. You have no idea how hard it is to have to live up to someone's expectations when you know full well that you will never be able to fulfill them, no matter how hard you try. That you will always be the black sheep of the family. That you will always be the one that failed your family. As for Maylin, she will find her path, even without her brother protecting her. She simply has to figure out what she wants in life and then try to do it to her best."
It was quite obvious that she was not only speaking about Maylin in this last part, she was basically summing up what she herself would have to finally do. She would have to decide what she was going to do with her life, as she could not live like this for much longer. Tears were welling up in her eyes at these thoughts. She thought back to the day her brother left. She had hated him so much for leaving her, despite knowing that it was for the best for everyone. With a thick voice, she added: "It probably even was for the best if the older brother leaves and you lose your protection. It finally gives you the ability to stand up for yourself." She trailed off, not being able to speak anymore. She had to get a grip again, she was not going to start crying in front of them, especially not Alec, no matter how similar parts of their lives might be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone)   (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 4:08 pm

Aura's anger toward Alec ebbed as she heard Selene begin to speak. Her eyes softened as she turned from glaring at him to looking at her. "Selene..." she said carefully once she was done. Her eyebrows furrowed sympathetically. Why did she have a feeling that none of this was new to her?
"Selene, is something wrong?" she finally asked, quieter than needed, putting a comforting hand on her friend's back.
Alec, on the other hand, paid little attention. He glanced up once, seeing Selene in her, frankly, devistated state, then looked back down with a smirk.
"Don't worry about her, depression is normal for overly-sheltered kids getting their first taste of real life. She's either regretting her decision to develope a mind of her own, or is reminscing in the few moments she remembers when her parents actually expressed concern for her opinions. She'll come to her senses soon enough."
(( xDDD Had to remind you how much of a jerk he is. xDDDD ))
Aura glowered up at him. "Shut up!" she spat indignantly.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone)   (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 5:44 pm

~(hehehe, I should have known something like that was about to come Wink ))~

Selene gave Aura a small smile to thank her for the concern the girl had shown her, but didn't reply to her question. There was no need to, the answer was written in her eyes. Though she didn't even care about Alec's opinion as too much was flowing about in her mind, she then slowly got up, a disdainful look now piercing through the desperation that was still splattered all across her face.
"You should know, now, shouldn't you? The only way you can cope with your pathetic excuse of a life is to be a sarcastic idiot making other people even more miserable when you are no better than the person you are mocking. Maybe it's about time you start growing up and get your act together instead of playing the hero and throwing around your little theories on life that nobody wants to hear anyway."
And with that she walked off. She just wanted to be alone for a bit, collecting her thoughts and trying to figure out what to do next. She would see Zorina come back anyway and then she would return to the camp as well to prepare the food, like she had promised.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone)   (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 11:40 pm

Alec apparently found her reaction amusing, because he laughed. He finished sharpening the end of what they'd be using for a spit, and set it in front of him. He began to move the other sticks too. "I never said that she wanted hear it. Doesn't mean it's not true. Doesn't mean I was saying I'm better than her, either."
Aura wasn't sure whether he was talking to her, or himself. She didn't care much either. "You idiot!" she accused, standing up. "That was COMPLETELY uncalled for! Could you not tell that she was upset, you insensitive..."
She didn't completele the thought.
Alec's face hardened, and he looked up at Aura. "Idiot? Insensitive?" he spat each word. "Is that what I am? Because I don't try to sugarcoat things? Or support someone who needs to fall on their back for once before they learn to stand on their own? In case you haven't noticed, I'm not exactly in a position where I have to guess what's going on. I know. And as little as it might help her security, Selene needed to hear that. Trust me."
"That's not the point!" Aura said, not knowing exactly how to argue. She knew very well that people couldn't always hear what they wanted. But... "Did you have to say it so harshly?"
Alec's expression made no change. "Why? She was already upset, so it's not like I was ruining a good mood. And as for me," he looked over his shoulder the way Selene had gone. "I'm sure with some self-assurance, and some time to think, she'll forgive me. And then she can go back to just hating me."
Aura rolled her eyes in exasperation. He really had no idea, did he?
Alec seemed to almost sense her sarcastic look, because his sharp green eyes turned on her and he said, "The problem with you two is that you think everything I say is an insult."
Aura opened her mouth to reply, but just then, the carcass of a deer landed beside the two.
They both looked at it in reflex, then their minds caught up, Alec's a bit more quickly, and they looked up to see Zorina swooping down to land.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone)   (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:03 pm

It's not like I didn't want to hear what he had just said or needed to hear it to get my life moving, she kept telling herself. It was just that she knew so well that he was right, and that fact was what she didn't want to accept. Especially after the way he had put it. He hadn't done much about his situation now either, so he shouldn't treat her like a baby, like she didn't know what was bound to happen anyway. She just quite simply was not ready to give up her family yet. As much as it was all getting on her nerves and not quite going the way she hoped for things, that didn't mean she wanted to give up on them yet, they were family after all. Plus, there was the tiny spark of hope that her brother would come back, though she knew she was hoping in vain. It would be years before he would come back and she was sure it would only be for a drop-in-visit anyway. So what am I really hoping and waiting for?

Selene noticed a shadow flying over her head and when she looked up she saw Zorina swooping in and casually dropping something between Aura and Alec who seemed to be, yet again, having a heated discussion. Great, she thought, now I've gone and made things worse again between the two, now that they had finally seemed at a stage where they could bear to be around each other without fighting. Her head dropped back towards the floor. Somehow today didn't seem to be her day.

Slowly, she made her way back. Without looking at anyone, she said: "Thanks for diner Zorina. Would anyone mind doing the honours of skinning the deer so I can cook it properly?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone)   (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 9:11 pm

Aura sat down as soon as she saw Selene returning, not sure what exactly to say.
Alec smiled slightly at her, it didn't look mocking or sardonic, but it wasn't really sympathetic either. He was smiling of amusement, but only because he knew all too well what was going on internally with Selene, even if she seemed to be sufficient enough at masking her emotions when the situation called for it.
"I'll do it," he offered coolly, sitting next to the deer and beggining to peel the skin off with Aura's knife.
Aura gave Selene a concerned glance, trying to tell if she was alright.
Zorina landed a bit farther off than she'd dropped her catch, walking over to them a bit hesitantly as she sensed a bit of tension between the three. Not enough to inquire about, but enough to make her wary.
(( xP Short post. ))
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone)   (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:46 am

A small smile played around the corners of Selene's lips when Alec agreed to do the skinning. It would safe her from embarrassing herself trying to do it without having a clue.
Noticing Aura's look, she gave the girl a reassuring look, her pokerface back in place, despite the fact that thoughts and emotions were still bubbling under the surface. But she still had to get on with it all just now, pretending that everything was fine. She would have enough time to think when they were going to sleep or travelling the next day.
Fidgeting on the spot, playing with her fingers, Selene's attitude gave away that she was not as alright as she pretended to be but the look in her eyes clearly stated that she did not want to talk about it any further.
"Bumped into any wolves?" she addressed Zorina, attempting a grin. She then sat down by the fire and started to prepare the spices for the meat. She layed them out, separately, so that she could easily use them once they needed to be put on. "Oh and did you see any water nearby?" It was only now that she'd thought of water that she realised how thirsty she had become during the last few hours.

~(Don't worry about it ^^)~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone)   (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 9:16 pm

Aura smiled back, reassured, even if she wasn't completely certain that Selene was still conveying her emotions to them completely. She didn't blame her, and left her alone. Instead, she watched the fire, tracing the flames as they licked the air, seeming alive. It was something she'd seen several times, but continued to fascinate her.
Zorina chuckled, disguising her releif as amusement. "One or two," she answered. "But they didn't last too long after that."
"Um.... I actually wasn't paying much attention to water..." she said, wracking her brain. Why hadn't she thought of that? Of course they needed water. "But I think there was a stream not too far off....."
(( xD Another one. ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone)   (this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone) - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(this is NOT plajarism) The Last Dragon..... dun dun dun (Eldar + Star onexone)
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next