Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

*~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

*~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen)   *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 2:30 pm

Another lash of its tail and the demon growled as the shadowhunter sidestepped all its attacks, very aware of every movement it did. It was like it had always been, as if Silver was always one step ahead in the fighting and it was getting on the demon's nerves. Not only had the man inflicted numerous wounds on the demon but he had severed off its precious wings and many more things that it did not want to think about, the annoyance of losing its means to fly to this man and it couldn't properly take revenge because there was always something else in the way, not in the least that stupid dragon of his.

As Silver took a step forward however, the demon froze in its movement for a tiny second, surprised and not just a little sceptic about this. It was sure the shadowhunter had something planned but it couldn't figure out what it was. Growling furiously at the human, it traced back a few steps, contemplating its target with a slightly pensive look crossing its otherwise flaming eyes. What was this nuisance up to now? "Don't play tricks on me, shadowhunter," it hissed. "I'll rip out every single peace of your organs and I will enjoy every second of your pain." And with that, it launched itself at Silver with a furious howl.

Abraxas grinned as Ladon's head slowly dipped to the floor and the magpie dragon fell asleep where he was lying. She felt relatively fit considering the days they're recently had and her eyes attentively kept scanning their surroundings. It really was too quiet, just like Ladon had said before drifting off but she couldn't figure out if there was a special reason for it. Not knowing where exactly they were didn't really help figuring out if there was a natural reason for the peace and quiet or whether there was something dangerous around. It didn't feel like there was danger close by but her senses might be completely off by now. Nevertheless, she kept her eyes on their environment, not wanting to let any harm come to them. She wasn't really in the mood for having her skin ripped off by a stray demon.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Short Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Underling of Eldar

Male Loveliness : 7

PostSubject: Re: *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen)   *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 1:46 pm

Instead of moving away from the demon, Silver ran towards it in full speed before taking a swing with his sword. Its black blade shining ominously in the dim forest.

With one loud cry, the Shadowhunter brought his sword down, in hopes of cutting off the demon's horns. But his attack was cut short as the demon side stepped it.

Golden eyes widened slightly, before trying to jump out of the counter attack's way.

-

Ladon's ears kept twitching slightly as he continued to rest his eyes, he just hoped that Silver's alright
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen)   *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 9:48 am

The demon was only a little surprised as Silver jumped into the attack instead of avoiding it. The two-legged had an uncanny knack for getting himself into trouble with the demon and the latter knew it. They both did, their experience from previous fights speaking volumes. As Silver lashed out at its horns with his sword, the demon yelped, red rage lining its vision as it side-stepped the attack.

However, it was not quite quickly enough to avoid the whole blow and a part of its left horn came off. A scream of pain and pure anger erupted from the demon’s throat as it immediately launched itself into yet another counterattack and snapped at Silver before the shadowhunter’s blow had completely finished its swing.

One day, the demon thought, one day I am going to get him and I am going to rip him to shreds! But the demon knew as well that for tonight, there was nothing else it could do. Whatever distraction the shadowhunter had been playing at, the demon had not heard a signal from the lesser demons ordered to flit around the sky to block the dragons’ retreat, thus it was certain that the horse dragon had once more escaped its grasp. It would have to come up with a better plan and somehow split this group up. Roaring an “I will be back!” at Silver, the demon launched itself into the shadows and wrapped its own nightly cloud around itself, disappearing as swiftly as it had appeared, and with it went all the minor demons scattered throughout the general area.

From time to time, the horse dragon looked at the magpie dragon to make sure he was still fine. Even though she was lying next to him, keeping on her guard at all times, she couldn’t help but fear that something could have happened behind her back without her noticing. This thought kept her on edge constantly and it was beginning to be extremely tiring. She grinned lightly at Ladon’s twitching ears but always her attention was caught back by the quiet night air. It still was too quiet but slowly, in the distance, she thought she could hear predators, winged and grounded ones, hunting their prey. Maybe the demon had created a bubble around the general area so nobody else would be attracted by the noise. She wouldn’t know. Abraxas still did not fully comprehend how this had come about and how this demon was functioning. All she knew was that Silver would have a hard time to fully defeat it, not just cut off parts of it.

Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Short Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen)   *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 7:42 am

The Shadowhunter took off his black leather gloves before taking out his stele and scribbling a rune hastily on his right forearm, effectively making the poison in his system harmless. He stepped forward and took the demon's cut horn before dissolving into the night.

-

Ladon's ears twitched before giving a long sigh. He opened his eyes to look at Abraxas, she didn't seem to notice Silver materializing next to him. He wondered if his rider will ever stop disappearing and reappearing like a ghost, it never ceased to creep him out.

You're late, The magpie's voice filtered thought their minds, Have you gotten rid of it this time? He questioned his rider.

Silver gave a small sigh before answering, " No, it decided to run ." He threw the small piece of the demon's horn towards Ladon. "Maybe we can track it down this time."

Last edited by Ghost on Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen)   *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 9:07 am

The horse dragon let her eyes roam the darkness once more but still she could not distinguish anything out of the ordinary. Not too far into the distance, she could detect the outlines of a few scattered tree tops as her eyes had now adjusted to the lack of light but there seemed to be nothing that would mean imminent danger.

When Ladon’s words suddenly drifted into her mind, she jumped up as if struck by lightning. Standing on slightly trembling legs, she glared at Silver. “Don’t ever sneak up on me like that again!” Taking a deep breath, Abraxas tried to calm herself, knowing that it was Silver and no harm had been done. How had Ladon noticed him appearing and she had not?!

As the shadowhunter told them the demon had ran, her heart sank. She had hoped Silver could have defeated it and ended this once and for all. Sadly, however, they would have to come up with something else. “What’s that?” the horse dragon asked as the man threw something at his dragon, her curiosity once again raised. Slowly, she inched her nose towards the thing, a repulsive smell emanating from it. Just as she was about to lightly touch it with the tip of her muzzle, she abruptly looked back up at Silver.

“You want to track it? Are you sure?” The horse dragon was a little skeptic as to how good a plan that was, but then again, it was the best they had, and wasn’t it better to surprise the demon rather than to let it be the other way around? Thus, she gave in after a few moments of reflection: “So.. how would we go about doing that?” Abraxas looked from Ladon to Silver and back, wondering what was going on in their minds, it seemed like Silver already had an inkling of a plan and both of them certainly had done similar things in the past.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Short Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen)   *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 7:34 am

"My powers are too low to track it right now," Sliver shrugged before settling in front of the dragons, "But we can't let it get away, it's too dangerous to be left roaming around."

The magpie nodded before speaking, And once it gets far enough, we won't be able to track it. So, correct me if I'm wrong, but I take it you want to use this to track it? He motioned to the horn before nudging it with a claw. He hissed before jerking his claws away.

" We need to figure out a plan and quick," Said Silver, "It's gonna be tough, but not impossible. I suggest we get to it as soon as possible, seeing it's weakened enough to be slayed easily this time."
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen)   *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:08 am

The horse dragon listened to her companions’ words with growing unease. It seemed like ages that she had felt properly comfortable without impending doom looming in the background. But the idea of actually tracking the demon still felt like nonsense to her and almost like a suicidal mission. Then again, Silver was right, it would be easier to kill the monster when it was weakened, but was it truly as weak as the shadowhunter thought?

“What if it is not alone though? What if it has hundreds of demons around it to protect it?” Abraxas asked, her voice low and almost shaking. “What if there’s more than we could defeat or sidestep?” A shudder crawled over her spine at the thought of this and the horse dragon shook herself, keeping her distance from the horn. When even Ladon couldn’t bear to touch it, she was sure as hell not going to try and thus removed her nose from its immediate proximity. The smell had been disgusting enough, she didn’t want to experience the touch anymore.

It all seemed weird to her but both of them seemed convinced it was the only way to do it and they had far more experience in this than she had, so who was she to question their methods? Uneasy or not, she would not be left behind in this however, so she would just have to swallow her doubts and play along. With a sideways glance at the horn, the horse dragon shuddered lightly. “How are you even going to track it with that thing? Smell it out like a dog would?”
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Short Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen)   *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 10:36 am

Silver flashed them a feral grin, "It would be easy, but we would have to wait until sunrise. Seeing that it cannot travel when the sun's up, it would hide somewhere dark, and that's when I would use the Shadows to locate it." He explained, "Ladon could easily get rid of the lesser demons by himself, while I take care of it."

Ladon looked at Silver's rapidly hardening eyes and sighed. Things are bad as it is without his rider using the Shadows, but he didn't say anything knowing that Silver would not listen to him anyways.

He waited for the Shadowhunter to finish speaking before saying, Then I suggest we all get some rest, especially you, Silver. Since you're planning on slaying the damned demon without any help. He glared at the direction where he last felt the demon.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen)   *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 12:50 pm

Abraxas was confused to say the least. "Shadows?!" She could not really imagine what exactly it was that Silver wanted to do in order to locate the exact hiding place of the demon but she guessed it would have something to do with the fact that he was a Shadowhunter, but then again, what did she know? After her initial will to help them find the demon so they could once and all be rid of it, she was now growing more and more reluctant. Lagon fighting a crowd of small demons by himself while Silver took on that big nasty thing by himself? She did not particularly like the sound of that.

Plus... "What would I be doing?" she asked. She did not want to face the demon, in all honesty, but she didn't want to just sit somewhere and wait for them to come back, or not. Who was to say that the demon was not waiting for such an attack? "You are not going to leave me behind!" she added, wanting to make her position clear. No matter how less she was looking forward to this, she did not want to sit around wondering if something was going wrong or not. Especially after that look Ladon had on his face. He was worried about Silver, to say the least, and Abraxas did not want to have the man's blood on her hooves.

The horse dragon nodded in agreement to the magpie dragon's words: "We should really get some rest. After this excitement, we can surely need it, and we need all the strength we can get if we want to go on the hunt so soon already." The short time she and Ladon had had time to rest before Silver had reappeared had definitely not sufficed to refill their energy, and she was not sure she was going to get a lot of sleep over the next few hours knowing what they would be doing in the early morning hours.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Short Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen)   *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 8:52 am

The sun began to appear in the horizon, signalling the start of the hunt. The young Shadowhunter checked his weapons for the third time, before jumping off the branch he was crouched upon.

He approached the dragons, before turning to Ladon. "We should head to where you last felt it. It would be easier to track it. And we won't have to worry about being attacked anytime soon." Said Silver.

The magpie nodded, Although it's daytime, we can never let our guard down, remember that we're against a demon. Anything can happen.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen)   *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 11:45 am

The night passed quicker than the horse dragon wanted to, her sleep far more restless than would have been good. All too soon the sun was beginning to creep up again into the sky to light their path towards their mission. With mixed feelings, the horse dragon mentally prepared herself for what was about to come while remaining on the floor for the time being.

Silver checked and rechecked his weapons what seemed like a million times. Slightly obsessive, Abraxas thought, but then again she preferred him to be obsessive about his weapons and not get himself or them killed, rather than not check and have a nasty surprise. A shiver ran down her spine and the horse dragon shook herself, deciding to finally get up as well, pacing around their resting place to loosen her muscles and in an effort to at least try and calm her nerves.

“I really hope we won’t be attacked. I don’t particularly enjoy eating demon for breakfast,” Abraxas grumbled, attempted a joke even though she did not feel like it, not even in the slightest. Ladon had a point, they should not be careless simply because it was morning but she did not like the undertone when he reminded them all that anything could be possible when fighting a demon. “Gee, you really have a way of reassuring people,” Abraxas once again felt the need to comment but her expression remained as panicky as before. “Alright, shall we just get this over and done with before we’re starting to take roots here?” And with those words, the horse dragon spread her wings and took off into the sky, hovering above the magpie dragon, waiting for him to follow suit and then lead the way.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Short Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen)   *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 1:43 pm

Silver nodded before Ladon took flight. He felt the rush of excitement that always accompanied every hunt, his eyes taking a slightly dangerous glint.

"This should do!" He shouted over the wind as he felt the presence of demons getting stronger. Abraxas was right. It seems that their target is surrounded by lesser demons. He frowned, the presence of lesser demons always made things unpredictable.

Ladon took a deep breath, getting ready for the blast of energy that would signal the start of the Shadowhunter's control over the Shadows. He let the wind distance him from te horse dragon, afraid that the burst of the energy might affect her flight.

--

The magpie dragon swiftly landed in front of a dark cave, making sure to put some distance between him and the rocks. He could smell the demons from where he was standing. This is not good...
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen)   *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 2:17 pm

“Let me lure them out. If the demon still wants to hunt me, it will certainly send its lesser demons after me as soon as I appear on their doorstep and then run away.” Abraxas suggested this not without knowing that she might end up getting seriously hurt but she was willing to try this. During their flight here, her resolve had grown somewhat and she preferred to endanger herself in order to get rid of this thing once and for all instead of having to constantly fear for its reappearance at moments where she might not even expect it.

The stench of demon was horrendous and the horse dragon wrinkled up her nose in disgust. It would be part of her act to lure out the demons and she hoped that they would swallow the bait. “Ladon could help me get them away from the cave, or get rid of them, whichever suits you better,” she continued, “while you take care of the big one.”

Without waiting for a reply for too long, Abraxas made for the entrance of the small cave and step by step edged closer. She tried to breathe as less as possible so she would not suffocate with the disgusting smell. “Why on earth do these bastards have to smell so incredibly bad?!” At her voice, a stirring could be heard inside and a pair of eyes suddenly opened and glared at her. A small yelp followed, and then a growl, and suddenly there were more voices echoing these sounds. More and more pairs of eyes started blinking out of the darkness of the cave.

With a loud screech, one of them launched itself out of the cave and into the sunlight, screaming even louder when the sunlight hit it, but it did the trick. All hell broke loose in the cave and Abraxas shrieked herself and took off into the air, slightly panicking at her incredibly stupid idea.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Short Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen)   *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 2:40 pm

Ladon watched as Abraxas neared the entrance of the dark cave. Never before have they included innocents in their plans, even if said innocents were the key to end all this chaos.

As Abraxas took flight, he had to admit that their plan worked. He got closer to the cave and let out a jet of flames, clearing the path for his rider, before going after the horse dragon.

--

The Shadowhunter stood frozen to the ground at the sight of the lesser demons, they were large in numbers, he'd never seen anything like it. He'd have to finish slaying the greater demon before helping the two dragons.

He waited until the path was clear before entering the dark cave.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen)   *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 4:26 pm

Having a huge horde of demons following her, Abraxas suddenly felt more like prey than bait. It was an extremely unsettling feeling, even though she could be sure that Silver and Ladon would have her back. Funny though how quickly she entrusted her life to those two. Then again, they had already saved her life, so she might just as well trust them to do this right.

Behind her, she could hear Ladon do his things, the smell of burnt flesh soon following. His flames ripped into the swarm of lesser demons as if they were made of paper and soon their numbers were already cut in half and the way was free for Silver to go into the cave. It worked!! A small moment of joy grabbed the horse dragon before she realised that one of the demons had gotten too close in her moment of inattention and had snapped at her right wing. Only barely escaping a vicious wound, she could nevertheless feel the demon's teeth tear at the membrane and she howled in pain and frustration. He was definitely going to pay for that!

As the lesser demons suddenly began growling and fluttering around, the demon awoke from its sleep. Displeased was an understatement of its current wave of emotions. It did not like being disturbed in its sleep, even less so if it was trying to recuperate some of its strength and energy, even more so since it had lost one of its precious horns. Oh that shadowhunter and that bloody horse dragon would have to pay for this.

Roaring through the cave, the demon tried to order its minions back to silence and sleep but it was not to be had. On the contrary, the little ones began fluttering about like a horde of annoying insects. Furious, the demon lashed out and smashed at least one of its own minions and its claws, growling in utter frustration. And then they all disappeared out of the cave. Immediately alarmed, any thought of sleep vanished from the demon's mind. Who had just dared to disturb its peace?
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Short Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen)   *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 4:38 pm

Golden eyes glowed in the darkness, before a chuckle cut through the silence of the cave. A second later there was a dull thud as three arrows buried themselves in the wall behind the demon, two barely missing its head while the third hit its shoulder.

"A good day for slaying, is it not,demon?" He all but growled. "This had dragged on for longer than expected. I tire of chasing you around, this ends now." He hissed before readying himself for the coming attack.

--

Ladon let out an enraged roar before crushing the demons near Abraxas. This might be a bit harder than expected... He thought to himself before maneuvering behind some demons and slashing their little wings with his sharp claws.

You alright?! His thoughts drifted to the horse dragon.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen)   *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 10:10 am

As two arrows suddenly zoomed past the demon and the third bit into its shoulder, it roared in fury. “Shadowhunter!” it growled. “You have come to die then?” The demon slashed its tail left and right in agitation and fury, its eyes blazing in the darkness of the cave, searching for those golden eyes it had seen appear just half a heartbeat before the arrow had hit its target.

Growling, the beast began moving its mass forwards, inwardly cursing that the cave was a bit too small too manoeuvre comfortably but it would make it work nevertheless. The place where its horn had been cut was stinging more and more the angrier the demon got. Without further ado, it launched itself at Silver, spewing flames into the man’s general direction as it went. Its energy was still at a relative lowpoint and it was having trouble to aim the fire into the right direction, but rage pushed it onwards. That shadowhunter was not going to get out of this anymore.

Trying desperately to shake off the demon which had bit into her wing and seemingly didn’t want to let go, Abraxas gave a quick sigh of relief when Ladon rammed the demon into the side and away from her. Unfortunately, it ripped a hole into her wing, if only a relatively small one and the others were already streaming towards them in masses.

“I think you might be right with that assumption,” she growled in response as a few more demons jumped on the dragons’ backs and tried to bite them as much as they could. It was their luck that the flame-thrower demons were a little heavier and thus flying slower but they were coming closer nevertheless. “This is not going to be a piece of cake,” she grunted, as she let her teeth rip through the wing of one of the demons on her back, choosing not to reply to Ladon's question. Hurtling it off her back and into one of the demons soaring towards the magpie dragon, the small spark of satisfaction when the two demons collided and began tumbling towards the ground was shortlived when suddenly the first few flames singed her tail. Screaming in pain and frustration, the horse dragon turned around mid-air and attacked the demon head-on.

Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Short Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen)   *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 5:09 pm

There was a moment which in everything was still before Silver bended the shadows around him, making him invisible, before he found himself behind the demon.

The sound of metal hacking through scales and bones could be heard in the dark cave. Chuckling, The Shadowhunter spoke, "How does it feel to lose one's tail?"

"It must be humiliating, for a creature of darkness not to be able to see me in the dark. I think this confirms my theory, once I cut a part of your body, your abilities drop drastically. I wonder what would happen now, that I've got rid of your tail." He smirked knowingly.

--

Ladon's mind was quickly coming up with tactics to either defeat the lesser demons, or to let them escape. With a few strong beats of his wings, he was flying over the swarm of demons.

Looking for Abraxas, he quickly sent an order to her, Fly low, now!.

Once he was sure she got his instructions, he took a large breath before preparing for his next attack, he hoped it would work, otherwise , his powers would be critically low.

He unleashed balls of flames that quickly turned the demons to ash.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen)   *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 9:23 am

The demon felt an almost unknown emotion to it when the shadowhunter suddenly disappeared from view and the shadows were seemingly growing thicker around it. Stopping dead in its slowly advancing steps, the demon listened intently. Its eyes could not penetrate the darkness and the beast was uselessly throwing its head from side to side, trying to detect those hated golden eyes, or anything really that would tell it where the human was. Alas, it was completely dark now.

All of a sudden, being sightless was not the biggest problem anymore as a searing pain rushed through its body. Frantically thrashing its tail, the demon suddenly realised that there was nothing to thrash with anymore! The tail had been chopped off and the demon was oozing dark, sticky blood all over the cave floor! “You will pay for this you wretched excuse for a living being!” It was crystal clear however that the emotion the demon was feeling was fear. It was scared of this being its last moments and there was nothing much it could do about it. With a few parts of its body gone now there was barely any power it could call upon, all it could do was try and use its instincts and remaining senses to try and get rid of the shadowhunter.

Roaring in pain as yet another shudder went through the non-existant tail anymore, the demon did not understand what was going on, even less why it was feeling pain in a body part which was no longer attached to its body. Launching itself full force into the direction of the shadowhunter, it was clawing madly through the air, hoping that something could be done about this annoying opponent of his! “You will pay! You will pay!” it kept yelling but even its voice began diminishing with the loss of body and blood.

Mid-fight with the lesser demon, Abraxas did not pay attention to what Ladon was doing but when his voice all of a sudden sounded, she immediately reacted. Ramming her legs into the demon’s body, she used the momentum to push herself away from it, twisting in the air and dashing towards the ground as quickly as possible. She was not sure what his plan was but she was sure he knew what he was doing and she did not want to be in the middle of whatever it was he was planning on doing with the lesser demons.

Once she thought she was low enough to be out of harm’s way and still close enough to jump into a fight if necessary, the horse dragon turned around and ventured a look back up into the swarm of demons, some of which were already coming after her. When she saw what exactly it was Ladon was doing, she was hoping that it would be enough, otherwise they would doom themselves because, obviously, as soon as she realised what exactly it was that Ladon was doing, she joined in the massacre and began bombarding them with fire jets as well from her side. The demons could now only escape if they dashed away to the sides or they would be burnt, a lot of them already dropping to the ground as merely more than a floating pile of ash.

It wasn’t long before Abraxas could feel the energy being drained completely out of her and the flames were nothing more but little puffs of smoke not floating further than her breath. “Ladon, I can’t go on anymore,” she told the magpie dragon, hoping that there was not another swarm close by. She had not even paid attention whether the demons were dying or not, she had only concentrated on blasting the few in her proximity, but her energy was always running low and now, she had completely exhausted it.

Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Short Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen)   *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 1:29 pm

Silver hissed as the demons claws dug in his shoulder, he reached for the dagger that was strapped to his belt, and stabbed the demon's arm. He'd have to end this quick.

Slowly, but surely, the Shadowhunter started to take backward steps towards the entrance of the cave.
-

With a few strong beats of his wings, Ladon was beside Abraxas, That's the last of them. he replied.
We can rest for a while before returning back to the cave He offered, his wings felt heavy that he barely had the energy to move them.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen)   *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 12:46 pm

The demon screamed in satisfaction when it somehow made its claws connect with Silver’s shoulders but as soon as they had touched his flesh, they were ripped out again as the shadowhunter took a few steps backwards. Believing itself victorious in its delirious state of blood and energy loss, it followed the shadowhunter’s movement towards the mouth of the cave, unaware of whatever plan it was Silver had in store for it.

Gasping in the air around it, the demon began to feel stronger and stronger by the second as it’s head began filling itself with visions of torn apart flesh, and it did not even pay attention to the fact that it was losing more blood, the more it moved. The demon’s mind was filled with thoughts of shredding apart the shadowhunter’s body and then it would go hunt for those two dragons and take them both if it had to. But it would be victorious. Its breath came more raggedly now as it crept in Silver’s footsteps but it did not pay this fact any heed. The shadowhunter was within its reach, it was all that mattered.

Abraxas merely nodded in response to Ladon’s words, glad the magpie dragon was by her side. Even though he seemed tired as well, it made her feel a little more secure to know that he was there. What made this feel all the better was the fact that the demons were gone, they had annihilated all of them and she could almost not believe their luck to have escape with nothing more than a few scratches – on her part at least. “Are you hurt?” she finally managed to ask, partially because she cared and partially because she did not have the strength to keep him up in the air until they could land somewhere safe, which luckily wasn’t long anymore.

“Let’s land as soon as we can,” she whispered. At that moment, she didn’t even care if the cave was nearby or not. She simply wanted to rest her wings, the pain of the strained membranes pumping through her whole body with every beat she made to keep herself from simply dropping flightless towards the ground. Another thought suddenly popped up in her head however and she gathered the energy to send a message to Ladon, which sounded just as sleepy as she felt: “Do you think Silver has defeated it?” There was no need for her to mention what exactly it was she meant by ‘it’, it was the thought that was probably on Ladon’s mind as well, whether his rider was safe or not.

Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Short Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen)   *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 11:29 am

Silver stopped near the entrance of the cave, waiting for the demon to get close enough. A few seconds later, the Shadowhunter had the demon in the position he wanted it in, grabbing its shoulders. Quickly jumping behind the demon to avoid its claws, he aimed a strong kick to its back before landing, causing the demon to get out of the cave and into the sunlight. A harsh cry was all the warning Silver got before the demon turned to ash and scattered in the wind.

--

Ladon nodded, I am fine, we can land and walk to the cave it isn't far behind. Let's just hope that the demon is no more by the time we get there. He quickly closed his wings tightly against his body, aiming for the ground below .
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen)   *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 11:46 am

It was an understatement to say that Abraxas wished the demon back to the depths of hell from whence it came to suffer a horrible death over and over again. She was a little surprised at the violent outburst of her thoughts but she couldn't really blame herself for even thinking them. The demon had caused her a lot of pain over the last few days and not only to her but to her new friends as well. It simply wasn't right. "You don't say," she replied to the magpie dragon, who was equally looking forward to the annihilation of the demon.

She was glad however that Ladon wasn't hurt and she was hoping that the same could be said for Silver. As she followed Ladon into a dive towards the ground, she was so glad that she could finally see ground beneath her feet again that she completely forgot to go into a decent landing and simply crashed to the floor. It was not a very delightful experience, the ground she had "landed" on being rather rocky, but she didn't care for the time being. She could whine about bruises and scratches later on when she had caught her breath and a bit of strength again.

Briefly after they had landed, she could hear a loud cry and immediately, she jumped back onto her feet. "What was that? Was that Silver? Or the demon?" She was desperately hoping for the latter one because the screech really had sounded painful and she quickly nudged Ladon to hurry towards the sound, even if they might be running into yet another battle. They had to check and prevent the worst from happening in case it was the magpie's rider who had screamed. A few steps ahead, a cloud of ash greeted them and sent Abraxas into a coughing fit.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Short Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen)   *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 8:42 am

Silver took a deep breath of the ash-filled air before exhaling it slowly, he loved the smell of ash that accompanied the slaying of demons. Re-sheathing his heavy sword, his arms burned from using the black weapon to block the demon's attacks. He started slightly when he heard a coughing noise from his right, hand automatically gripping the hilt of the sword.

The Shadowhunter blinked bright golden eyes at the sight before nodding to the two dragons. "It's good to know that no harm befell you." He spoke before leaning against a near boulder and tending to his shoulder wound.

Ladon asked curiously, Well, is the demon gone once and for all? After all, he was tired of stalking it. It always slipped their grasp when they thought they'd finally put an end to its existence.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen)   *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 9:10 am

Still coughing to clear her throat of the irritating sensation of the ashes, Abraxas frantically blinked through the cloud in order to distinguish something or other. It took a few more moments before the cloud fully lifted and the horse dragon could see a happy-faced shadow hunter inhaling the ash cloud like it was the scent of a delicious meal.

When she saw him grab his sword again at the noise she was making, she quickly called out, in a rather hoarse voice: “Don’t!” She could imagine a better death for herself than at the hand of a jumpy shadow hunter. She might have thought about maybe getting a bit of rest but that was not the kind of rest she had imagined it to be. Not the eternal one.

“Oh please tell me it is,” Abraxas murmured to enforce Ladon’s questions. She might not have known about the existence of this creature for quite as long as they have, but she had had just as much enough of it as they had. Though there was one more question nagging at the back of her mind. “But… it wanted me…,” she said, speaking more to herself rather than to them as she was lost in a tumble of thoughts all of a sudden, “what if yet another demon shows up to finish the work? What did it even want with me?” The more the thoughts were whirling through her mind, the shriller her voice became and she soon fell prey to yet another coughing fit as the remaining ash residue in her throat mixed with the high pitch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen)   *~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*~Demon Hunt~* (Ghost X Eldarwen)
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next