Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons

Go down 
+3
Nyx
Eliza
Aero
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 8:03 pm

Hone had stood by to see the other two dragons slog it out over the last vestiges of their strength. But now… well, this place was gross, smelled really quite bad now they had churned up all the mud, and she was getting cold. Time to call it quits and let these two toddle off to somewhere they could get their much more major injuries sorted out. She had a few of her own, but they weren’t nearly as bad as what the others had managed to inflict on one another.
The previous arena had been much more to her liking.

The sword dragon was flailing around like some swamp crocodile in a patch of mud nearby, not that scary at all any more, and the other dragon… well, a valiant effort, but really, he was much better down. Jumping forwards, she swung round with her tail (turning it so she didn’t slice him in half, she wasn’t a cruel dragon), smacking into his side and knocking off his laborious balance. No chance. And in a lucky move, falling right into the downed Zykolos.
Score two for Hone!

((If this is okay with you flumps, Zykolos and Measle have both been knocked out of this round!))
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 25

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 11:38 pm

The Terrain

Our dragon competitors have advanced onto the final round! Ladies and gentlemen, I hope you're ready for final round of this exciting match! For the final face off, our game masters have decided that it shall be a test of pure skill on skill! No tricks, no traps! Welcome, competitors, to the Gladiator Arena! This huge circular sand pit has been the site of many would-be Champion deaths as the best of the best in this Grande Tourney have been pitted against each other for the grand prize! Two dragons go into this arena, but only one is coming out covered in glory! Competitors, ready yourselves for the final defining match! BEGIN!

Championship Round Matchup!

Gerris vs. Hone

See the brackets Here
Back to top Go down
http://seroph.deviantart.com/
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 7:13 pm

The game was on. This was it.
Hone had had a ‘talking to’ out of the arena following her last match, feeling somewhat victorious given the fact she hadn’t done much, just waited out the other two doing themselves over, but mostly just glad to be hosed down after all that mud. Of course, it meant water was involved, but at least she was clean now.
Apparently she was supposed to take this round seriously, even if she hadn’t taken the others particularly so. This was the big one, the final round.

The minute Hone got put into the arena, she gave a loud bugle of excitement however, her face lighting up wide. Sand, glorious sand! No mud, no hills or strange tunnels or ice like she had heard the humans had gotten, but sand! She would be in her element, warm and happy and facing up against her toughest opponent yet, but sand!

Okay, concentrating. Tourney, right. She shuffled her feet, holding out her tail behind her as she stretched her wings out to either side and put her front paws down onto the ground too, ready for a bit of a brawl. Then a roll, a good roll.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 7:54 pm

Gerris didn't enjoy the fact that this would be a face to face brawl, but as soon as his toes dug into sand, he didn't feel quite so left to his own devices. When it came to brass facts, he was not exactly the strongest dragon with the most terrifying teeth and claws, despite the inside of his jaw looking like a horde of needles.

Upon entering the arena, it wasn't hard to spot his colorful opponent. Wonderful, a Lash. If there was anything in this world worse than losing it was losing to a Lash.

They were not only infuriatingly chipper as a whole, but also nigh incomprehensible. They spoke like they were all dropped as eggs.

They probably were all dropped as eggs.

There was no bugle of excitement from him. His eyes narrowed and he snaked closer, then flared his wings and fanned up some sand to either blind his opponent or mask his movements.

Both was good.

He shot forward like an arrow. Lashes couldn't fly, he could and he'd be using that to his advantage.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 5:01 pm

Okay, so this wasn’t shaping up to exactly be ‘fun’. Hone’s opponent looked pretty sulky; a fume, which probably wouldn’t turn out as a fun person to be around either. More easily likened to skunks than sidekicks… hm. She would be chilled out though, even if things weren’t looking up. She had tried fighting sensibly before, and it had gone a lot less well than when she had just relaxed and gone about her normal way of doing things.

She held her ground as he wandered closer, sneaking along the ground like a cat creeping up on its prey (only she could see him, all too clearly), relaxing her shoulders and her wings to drag them in again once he did that funny bum-wiggle that always followed a cat stalk.
Or not, no bum-wiggle from this one. She squinted her eyes shut as a wave of sand was wafted her direction from his wings, then took off to one side running, feet pounding the ground. Lashes were much faster than fume dragons, and she couldn’t help but giggle happily to herself as she ran right around Gerris and back to the other side of the arena. She could happily run laps for a while.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 9:32 pm

Of all the infuriating things to battle, it had to be a freak that was faster than him. Luckily, he wasn't aiming to tackle her, merely to test her resolve, and she was just as moronic and cracked as he thought she was. Using the now empty space before him, he bunched his hind feet under him as he ran the last few meters and propelled himself into the air, beating his wings enough to get him off the ground and into the sky.

Flying was a lot of work when there was no updrafts, no wind, but it was a lot less work when there was an arena with hot sand underneath him. Immediately he began to release a toxin as he circled the arena, trying not to be directly above the Lash, less she show off some other talent, like jumping super high or some other such nonsense.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 9:16 am

Whoosh, round and round. It was easy enough for Hone to find herself back the other side of the sand, Gerris left far behind. Why should she not? If they were going to duel this out in speed, she was going to use her full advantage of it.
Unfortunately, the fume dragon didn’t seem to have that sort of humour, stoic-faced in response to her inane giggling. Not even a smile? Well. Hone only wanted a bit of fun, and he was no fun at all.

Especially when he decided to take to the sky. Hone knew full well that lash dragons couldn’t fly, despite trying to over and over and over again- that had rewarded a few interesting hours, and bruises- so she slowed her pace, feet padding more heavily along the sand.
“Well that ain’t no fun! Y’come down ‘ere at once, you!” she called after him, not really knowing which way to turn when he floated round so happily in circles. To jump in front, to chase… or just sit until he got bored?
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 8:48 pm

He made a few passes, making sure that he thoroughly poisoned the air before he landed, tucking his wings tight, body taut. Lashes, although impossible to take seriously, were also insane and unpredictable. All he needed to do was let his guard down and in the act of "playing" this freak would tear him open and win the purse.

Gerris was not going to lose a battle under Kaionarian rules.

There was going to be dirty fighting, cheating and overall doing whatever he needed to win. It was harder when he couldn't get into the mental game of his opponent.

He supposed he should have faked it and started playing around with her, but he also supposed she already knew he was ruthless.

She was faster than him, that was a given, so there would be no running and chasing. He'd also have to be mindful of her claws, but he had teeth to be afraid of and his tail was like a whip when need be. There was also the fact that he'd spit poison right in her face, and swat sand in her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 8:14 pm

The fume dragon seemed awfully full of himself, to just coast around like he did as if he owned the place, and ignore all the ‘rules’ of the fight that had been put down. Well, there was common courtesy, at least- and that did not involve moseying around until a lash dragon died of pure boredom.

The thought of taking a sand bath while she waited popped back into Hone’s head, but thankfully the other dragon landed before not too long had passed, putting her back in the game again. She scraped her feet along the ground like a runner at the starting block, wiggling her tail high up in the air like a cat waiting to pounce, then was off, charging towards him with a bounce in her step and a willingness to do something more than just sit and look at one another. Her mouth was open in a wide grin as she leapt towards him, swishing her claws experimentally to see how fast his reactions were, then darting out a little around him, bouncing on her feet like a jack rabbit in excitement.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 7:29 am

Gerris was in his prime, and paranoid about anything harming his scales. He flinched out of the way of her claws and darted away from her open jaw, swatting sand with his tail. Flying was reserved for when it was necessary, as it took too much effort, and being tired around this Lash was asking to lose.

It was like they didn't know energy could be wasted.

Bounding around like the fool she was, Gerris hated her.

Gerris hated a lot of things, and all of them included some connection to being dirty and in physical combat. He leaked fumes as he kept his eyes on her, throat tense. If she came bounding by with her mouth open again, he'd spit and see how good she thought his poison tasted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Dragons
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6