Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 2:08 pm

When the half-elf heard the dragon calling out her name, she waved it off with a hand movement. I'm fine. Everybody who could see her, knew that she was far from fine and she knew herself, but she didn't want to consider what was going on inside of her and so it was easier to wave it off as nothing. Siofra crawled over to the wall of the cave, next to Yang's head, so that she could rest but could stay in an upright position. Let's just try to sleep. You need your strength as well, it's been a hard day for you. The half-elf stroked Yang's cheek and gave her a smile. You'll be fine. She felt with Yang, she knew how much it cost to lose a brother, especially one that was so close. It would take a long time, but the wounds would heal and the pain would go away. The sorrow wouldn't kill the dragon, it would simply make her stronger, like it had with Siofra.

Soon, her eyes closed and her chest heaved in a relatively regular pace, though it was not the resting and peaceful sleep Siofra had hoped for. She kept waking up because of the pain or because of nightmares and in the morning she looked more like a corpse than ever. Her already white face had turned as pale as humanly possible, only stains of dirt from the day before highlighting the skin. Her head was throbbing and she felt the pulse of her heart in every fibre of her body. Breathing still hurt but at least she didn't have a coughing fit as soon as she woke up. When she finally looked up to see how Yang was doing, Siofra sucked in a sharp breath of air and stared into a pair of eyes that did definitely not belong to the white Yiang dragon.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

Female Loveliness : 11

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 2:31 pm

Yang soon fell fast asleep not long after Siofra storked her cheek in attempt to soothe and calm her down, but she knew that the only thing that would make her happy again would be the sight of her brother, alive and well. But even she kew that would be practically impossible. The next morning came around fast and it only seemed like a few seconds since she lay down next to Siofra that she had woken up again. She groaned as she attempted to move her body slightly but was just filled with pain. Taking a quick glance around the cave to see if anything was knew, Yang froze at the sight of a man...the same man from before that was arguing with Sifora...the same man who was with the king's soldiers. She quickly let a sharp, warning growl errupt from her throat. "Stay back," she hissed, not wanting to trust him at all and trying to prevent him from coming any closer. But even if he did, she was pretty defence-less from the pain, but she still had her fire and she wasn't afraid to use it...

Back to top Go down
https://dragonscove.darkbb.com
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 2:53 pm

Siofra almost immediately regretted the sharp intake of breath as she had to cough again. She held one hand in front of her mouth to conceal that she was bleeding again. She lifted her other hand in an attempt to calm the dragon who was warning Huor not to come any nearer or try anything stupid. What was he doing here? How had he found them so quickly? But then she wasn't so sure anymore of his good intentions. She suddenly sat up rigidly and looked at the man- had he brought anyone else?

Huor, who had watched Siofra with growing concern, immediately lifted both his hands in a defensive manner. "I intend no harm. And I'm alone." Siofra relaxed a little though she was still not quite sure what he wanted. Then she remembered what he had said in the cave, that he would try to keep the soldiers from them, that he had helped them with the egg. However, she still didn't know why he had come in the first place. She knew she could not despise him as much as she had done before yesterday, too much had happened in the cave, where she had almost rediscovered her old trust for him.

Not wanting to talk, now that the coughing had finally stopped again, she simply continued to look at Huor with a questioning look on her face. Yang would speak the questions she had in mind or at least those he left unanswered if she wanted, but he would know himself what Siofra was wondering about. He knew her well enough for it. And he already started off: "I knew you'd come to a place such as this one. Best concealment you can get." Siofra raised an eyebrow, so he continued: "I partially trained you, so I really should know where to look for you. I've found you more than once already." A small smile crossed his face. "Shetan is outside as well, he brought me here. He knew just as well where to find you than I did." At the sound of her horse's name, Siofra got up onto wobbly feet, wanting to rush outside immediately to greet her friend, but Huor hindered her. "Don't! You should rest. You're in bad enough shape as it is." He came towards her and gently, he pushed her down again and without the strength to do much against it, she let him do it.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 3:06 pm

At the wave of Siofra's arms, Yang let her guard drop a little, now listening to their conversation. but as Huor pushed her back down to the ground again, Yang opened her mouth to speak. "Why are you here?" She muttered, and before she gave him chance to reply, she proceeded with the next question, the anger bubbling up inside her. "You were with the soldiers, your one of them, you were in the cave, I thought you were supposed to keep the men out? I got shot at thanks to you." As she said the last bit, she moved her wounded leg closer to her body in a defencive way. "What did you do with my brother?" She finally hissed, she was indeed blaming Huor for eerything that had happened in the cave when she did infact know it wasn't all his fault. But she had no-one else to blame it on at this moment in time and so just wanted to scream out at the world. That wouldn't hepl and she knew it, bu what could she do?

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 3:21 pm

Huor simply looked at the dragon for a long time before replying. He could feel her anger, and he could imagine that she was not only angry at him because parts of this might be his fault, but simply because she wanted to vent. He had seen how close she and her brother had been, and he knew what it felt like to lose someone very dear to the heart. "I'm sorry you got shot at, but there was nothing I can do to keep them out. They wouldn't listen to me and the King was incapable of giving a clear order what with the state of mind he was in, only mumbling about the egg. So they thought I had done this do him and only wanted to get out safely. They tried to kill me as well, so don't think you're the only ones whose life was in danger. Had Siofra not left Shetan in the woods near the cave, I would be dead now." The last few sentences had come out in a sharper tone than he had intended, but he had been just as scared for his life as anyone else.

"As for your brother.. I'm really sorry, I don't know what happened to him. But I doubt they've done anything to him. The soldiers are afraid to touch dead bodies, especially those fallen in battle. And for all they knew, a fierce battle has taken place inside, two dragons involved, the King going mad.." Huor sighed. The King certainly had not been a pretty sight to his loyal followers and he could not even blame them for thinking it was his fault. They knew just as well as him that Huor was the black sheep amongst the followers of the King, just like Siofra, he was just a little more known than her, since he had managed to stay out of things last time it got ugly, whereas Siofra had ended up in prison for a while.

"To be honest, I don't know why I'm here," he finally replied to the dragon's very first question. "I guess, I wanted to see how you were doing." He looked over at Siofra, who was still panting and trying not to cough. "I knew you would need me the moment you let down your guard in the cave." Siofra wanted to flare up, but he motioned for her to be quiet. She knew he was right. She had let him back into her life, the moment she'd asked for his help with the egg and as if that had not been enough, she had clung to him when she had been at her worst, knowing that he would come for her. It was weird, knowing that after everything that had happened they were still so close.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 3:37 pm

"Hmm..." Yang sighed as Huor apologised about her brother, but here was nothing anyone could do anymore. But she was just glad he would be happy, happy with Niveria. As he spoke the last bit, Yang couldn't help but snap out. "Well we're all just fine and dandy as you can see," she snapped with sarcasm. Did he honestly think that he would just check up on them when they could of died? Yes, Yang was full of anger, but more sadness. Listening to the man again she indeed considered themselves well-hidden inside a cave behind a waterfall. So why did they need his help? Unless he had brought any herbs then they would be fine on their own. "Are the soldiers still in the cave? Or anyone for that matter? I want to go back, go back and get my brother..." The white Yiang dragon must have sounded completely mad at that moment and she knew it. But she was being honest, a part of her wanted to stay where theywere until they were fit enough to move, but the other strong part of her wanted to go back to that dreaded cave and retrieve her brother. Retrive him and bury him someplace safe. The very thought of him just lying there for days upon days made her shudder. However, she began to think to herself whether they woul dbe up to it, going all the way back. But then again, the cave entrance would now be cleared if all of the soldiers were able to get in, making it easier for them. But, if they were to get found and caught then she would have to squeeze herself back out of that small hole again and she didn't like the thought of getting anymore scratches than she already had. And if it took the same amount of time than before, then it would make her another target to get shot out and she didn't like the idea of that at all.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 7:39 am

Huor bent his head, looking at the floor with a defeated look on his face. He knew he had not been an angel in all of this but he had only been doing what he felt was right, but clearly it had not been the right thing to say or do at all. Siofra looked from Huor to Yang and back to Huor. Don't make it any harder than it is, Yang. Please. She knew that it was a weird situation for all of them. Had she been in Huor's stead, she might have acted the same way, and she would not have kept her mouth shut like him. If she were in his stead in this moment, by now she would be screaming her lungs out in anger, but he simply sat there, crestfallen.

When Yang mentioned that she wanted to go back to the cave to get her brother, both humans looked up in alarm. Was she really serious? Siofra forced herself to try and speak: "Yang.. you can't do that. You don't know how many soldiers will be swarming the surroundings, just waiting for you to come back, even if it looks like they're all gone." She was immediately rewarded by a coughing fit again, but she had had to say this. After all, Huor couldn't read her mind and he was probably thinking the same thing. Siofra understood the dragon so well, but she knew that the soldiers would set a trap, waiting for the exact thing to happen. They would cover the entrance of the cave and wait for the white Yiang dragon to come back for the black one. Huor added: "Plus, you've met Yern. You know what he is like. He is a coward, but he is not as stupid as he looks and he certainly is more evil than his face would let you think."

Meanwhile, Siofra was trying not to choke on the blood she was coughing up, still hiding from Huor that she was actually losing blood. When she could speak again, she whispered: "There is no way we could manage to get him out. Even if we could get into the cave. How do you expect us to get Ying out? None of us have the strength to do it." It tore at her heart to even say this, knowing full well how Yang was holding on to every tiny straw she could get, but it simply was suicide to go back.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:39 am

Hearing Siofra in her mind, she sighed. "I'm sorry..." she just couldn't help herself. Even if she was turning into a harder situation, but the past had happened and she knew there was nothing she could do about it. but her attention was soon brought back to the situation on hand as her friend began to cough. Exchanging a concerned look, Yang slightly expected the outcome of what she had just suggested. "You don't have to go, I'll go on my own, I just want to see my brother again." Slowly, Yang shifted her body and stood up, still putting no weight upon her wounded hind leg and her wings only next to her and not folded up because of the scratches on her side. "If I can't carry him out then that's fine, I'll just bury him there, or if there are soldiers there then I just want to see him again. Say my last goodbye...forever..." Turning her head away from the two, Yang let out a short sob after holding it back for so long.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 10:20 am

It was then that Siofra didn't care anymore about whether she could talk or even breathe without feeling like she was going to suffocate any second, but she simply vented. "Are you nuts? You can't just walk in there on your own like it was a stroll in the park, expecting them to watch by. Do you have any idea what they're going to do to you if they catch you?" Of course she knew the dragon knew what would await her should that be the case. Yang had been captured before and now that the egg was destroyed that would definitely not put an end to what Yern and his fellows would want to do to her. They were not in this for the egg only, they were in it for the fun and their fun consisted in torturing anything and anyone they could lay their hands on. "And what are you going to do once you're in there? How do you suppose you could bury him in the cave with only rocks around you? Throw him into the lake? Yeah well that's a nice burial ground. Yang, have you even thought about this?" Inwardly, she knew she was doing the dragon wrong, but it was like Yang had done before, she simply couldn't stop herself and had to let it all out somehow. But as before, she paid for it and this time she couldn't hide the blood from Huor as it came in streams now, not droplets as it had done so far since she woke up. Again, she had to bend over and hold her ribs, hoping that somehow she could make the pain go away and the coughing stop if she held it fast enough. Huor immediately jumped up, looking at her in shock, unable to speak as of yet, only concern and worry written all over his face.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 10:35 am

Yang's face was full of surprise as Siofra started to splutter again. "They will have no need for me anymore, no need to drink the liquid because the egg is dead." The white Yiang dragon spoke as if it was an actual living thing...but how could it? I had nothing that normal living things have, it was completely insane! Spreading out her wings, she flapped them to get all of the stiff-ness out of them from erh pleasant sleep. "I can cremate him if there s no-where to bury him, then scatter ashes. Siofra I have to go...I won't be long. You just stay here okay? If they want to capture me, then let them try..." With that, Yang slowly began to limp over towards the waterfall, also known as the entrance to the cave. She took one last glance back at Huor and Siofra before attempting a smile. "Don't worry about me," she muttered underneath her breath.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:27 am

"You have no idea..." Huor spoke what was haunting Siofra's mind. It had not only been about making the dragons drink the liquid to find the egg. After all, that had never been necessary, as the King knew exactly where the egg had been. No, they would not let her go when they caught her again and they would do everything in their power to get her if they saw her, no matter how many people had to die in the process. Both Siofra and Huor were certain of this and they would try to prevent Yang from going back. "I give you credit for the cremating idea," Siofra coughed, "but there is no.." "Would you stop talking?" Huor suddenly yelled without letting the half-elf finish. "Would you look at what you're doing to yourself?" He was beside himself with anger and worry, knowing full well that if she really suffered from a rib having pierced her lung, then she would not live much longer and any effort she made would make the pain worse. Huor turned to Yang: "Do what you have to do, but know that it will not be as easy as you imagine it to be. You will have to suffer the consequences if you're going through with this." His concern for the dragon was as genuine as the his concern for Siofra, despite him not knowing the dragon and despite the fact that the dragon did not trust him further than she could throw him.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 12:18 pm

Yang only nodded, before taking off through the waterfall and out into the open sunlight. There was no-one around of which she was glad, and she soon swiftly flew up the mountain side. There was a sudden gust of wind as Yang landed on the mountain side, hiding behind a large tree. Slowly looking around the corner, she saw where the cave entrance had been burried by rocks and furthermore the big gap in them as to where the soldiers must have gotten in. Looking around, the white Yiang dragon saw that there was no-body as such around. Quickly limping forwards, she peared her head around the cave entrance and entered seeing that there was nobody about. She saw the red rock from before and turned her head in the opposite direction quickly, hoping not to tear up at the thought of Ying using it to save their lives. She soon turned a corner and saw the main part of the cave that was now so familiar to her. The pool of purple liquid still there and no sign of the many splattered particles of the egg. But then again, they had been destroyed by her brother. Her brother! She had to stop messing about and go to where she had left him.

Yang walked forwards as she looked around, very hard to make out where everything was in this darkness. But then she found the place as to where Ying had been. "What?" She whispered to herself, "where is he?" Yang stood at the very spot as to where her brothe had been lying, and her head filled with confusement as she realised he wasn't anywhere in the cave. Panick started to arrouse her and she soon put the blame on the king on his soldiers. "They must have taken him...when I next see the king, I'm going to kill him." She simply bubbled with anger, first her brother had died and now she couldn't even find his body.

Suddenly, she heard someone talking by the entrance of the cave. "I don't see why we have to guard this cave for the king. That other dragon isn't stupid enough to come back anyway..." Yang froze as she heard the voices and turned around to face the direction of they were coming from. Having no idea what to do, she just found a rock and ran voer to hide behind it. But as she did, she stumbled on the un-eaven ground and came crashing to the ground. "Did you hear that? " She heard another man say, then the sound of running footsteps coiuld be heard getting louder and louder. 'Crap!' Yang thoguht to herself as she began to get up. But it was too late, for three men stood at the beginning of the main part of the cave holdinag a bow and arrow and a sword each. Yang simply stood there, staring at them as they did to her. But it didn't take long for them to come back to planet earth and realise that there was a white Yiang dragon standing opposite them. Swiftly, two of them drew their bows and arrows and the third one drew his sword.

"Where's my brother?" Yang snapped, before they could do anything. "What have you done to him? Tell me now." "We don't know where your brother is, we haven't touched your precious dead body. We don't know anything about him. But what we do know is that your comng with us." With that, an arrow was shot directly at Yang, missing as she leapt side-ways. nce again, this wasn't a good situation t be in.

Looking up towards the hole of which she had clambered out before, she realised that was her only hope again of getting out. Why had she been so stupid to come back? Turning around, she spread her wings and ran in the opposite directions reading to take off. But she didn't realise that the man with the sword was running behind her. As her feet left the ground, that particular man jumped with her and grabbed hold of her tail, soon to clamber up onto her back. Yang snorted as he did so and so soon began to do flips in the air asif to make him fal off. But he was having none of it. As she threatened to turn in the air at high-speed, he brought his sword down hard upon her back just behind where he was sitting. The white Yiang dragon couldn't help but cry out in pain as it struck her.

Now she understould that she couldn't fit through that hole again in enouh time without getting fired at again by the men with the arrows. Finally deciding to go out the main entrance. Swooping over the other two men, she avoided the arrows that were shot at her. As she approached the hole in the entrance again, she wanted t just scream out again as more pain shot up her back as the man hacked at her again.

The entrance was now practically infront of her and she raised herself higher into the air so tht when she flew through it, the top of the hole would knock her rider off. Thankfully it did, and she was soon out of that dreaded place again. But what she saw out in the open was't a pretty, sight, for around the outside of the cave, soldiers surrounded it. Just her look. Falpping her wings, she flew higher into the air as another ray of arrows were shot at her. Only to let out a roar of pain as she was hit on her tail. How many times she didn't know, but she didn't have time to count. All she had to do was get out of the mountains anc back to the waterfall cave.

It ha only been about twenty minutes since Yang had last left, before there was a splash of water as she fell through the waterfall only to come crashing to the floor and making a loud 'thudding' noise. The quietness of the cave now shattered as Yang rolled over onto her side while groaning, two large sword marks on her back and her body bore some arrows. Three in her tail and another one on her sore leg again. Yang's head rested against the floor and her face full of pain. "Y..Ying..." She stuttered, but finding it hard through the pain. "He...He's gone...n...not there."

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 12:30 pm

Siofra and Huor watched Yang walk out of the cave. Ordering Siofra to stay where she was, Huor slipped out of the cave as well to see whether there was any trouble on Yang's way up to the cave. If anyone would observe the surroundings and thus see where the dragon was coming from. In that case, they would certainly send someone down to check out the area, if there were not already soldiers on the way. He didn't feel quite comfortable about this. The dragon would attract unnecessary attention, not only to itself but to Siofra and him as well. And the half-elf was in no condition to be moving around.

Siofra was cowering in her corner, finally having stopped coughing. Images of Ying and Yang were flying through her head and every once in a while a picture of her brother flashed between the others. Her head felt like she was whirling through a tornado without having anything to hold on to to steady herself. Then finally the dizziness gained control completely, making the half-elf crash to the ground and fall into a fitful sleep. She was floating in complete darkness that was only highlighted by the horrible images and memories of the past few days. And then the flashbacks of her brother came back. The many nightmares she had had for weeks after she had found out that he had died.

When Huor came back into the cave, still worried about what the day, he gasped for air when he saw Siofra sprawled across the floor. Immediately, he hurried over, putting her into a more comfortable position but it was of no use. Everytime he tried to raise her up into a sitting position, she started moving around and mumbling gibberish in her sleep. Pearls of perspiration were forming on her forehead and she was soon out of breath but still she kept kicking and the mumbling had turned into screaming. Huor tried to calm her down but there whatever he did, didn't have any effect.

Huor jumped up in shock when the white Yiang dragon suddenly broke through the waterfall and came crashing into the cave. He held his sword at the ready, having drawn it while jumping up, and when he saw it was Yang, he lowered it, not putting it away though. The man looked the dragon over, and even before she could say that her brother was gone, Huor saw the deep sadness on her face stating that something had not quite gone as hoped. Then his eyes fell on the arrows. Immediately, he stiffened again and tightened the grip on his sword. "What happened? Did anyone follow you?"

"Ailill!! Noo!!" Siofra suddenly woke up screaming for her brother. Panting, she just sat there, staring at the wall, tears in her eyes. "I have to find my brother." Huor just stared at her, open-mouthed. "Siofra... Your brother has been dead for a few years now." He didn't understand, but she didn't react to the sound of his voice, nor to Yang's stirring. And then she started coughing up blood again. More blood than ever before.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 1:10 pm

Yang's eyes' rolled as she groaned, pain shooting up her back, tail and leg as she moved. "No, no-one followed me, and put your sword down, I've had enough of swords to last me for the rest of the day." Her sentence was soon cut short by Siofra's screaming, what was she going on about? Wasn't her brother dead? Well atleast that's what she had told her anyway. "S...Siofra, he's dead." The white Yiang dragon was forced to cut her sentence short as the half-elf began to cough up blood again. Knowing that Yang was in no-shape to help her friend out, she turned and looked at Huor. Raising her eyebrows, she snorted as if to encourage him to go and help her. "Or are you just going to stand there?" She muttered, as she swung her tail around infront of her so she could take a better look at the arrows. She could only sigh as she knew she didn't have the nerve to pull them out by herself. Yang then slid her tail back out of her veiw so she could perhaps forget about the pain for the time being, now the focus was upon Siofra.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 3:10 pm

"What do you expect me to do?" Huor snapped at Yang. "Don't you think I would have done it by now if there was anything that could help her?" With that, he did not lower but raise his sword, shot an angry look at the dragon and then went out of the cave to check for possible intruders without even granting the dragon's wounds another glance. He would have taken the arrows out but he felt insulted and so he preferred to walk out of the cave than ignoring the arrows quite prominently sticking out of Yang's tail. Siofra, on the other hand, still did not react to anything. The coughing had stopped again, but a small trickle of blood kept flowing from the corner of her mouth. She tried to brush a few strands of hair out of her face, but failed miserably at the two attempts she made and then she passed out again, crashing back to the ground.

In the meantime, Huor was stalking around the waterfall and its surroundings, trying to make out whether there was anyone that had followed Yang, despite the dragon's statement that nobody had followed her. He doubted that in the state of mind she was in she would have paid too much attention to that. And it would be easy to spot her flying down the hill if the King had placed soldiers all around the cave, both entrances. When finally he decided that he couldn't see anyone, he made a quick stop where he had left Shetan to see whether the stallion was still alright. But the horse had gone. That was the next thing Huor felt guilty for. It was already bad enough that he had left the dragon and Siofra, both in pain, one where he couldn't do anything, the other whom he had left without helping because of his wounded pride. And now the horse was gone. How would he explain to Siofra that her most treasured friend was now missing? Maybe he shouldn't say anything as of yet, it would only upset her more and then she would never have a chance to recover, if that chance were even there.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 4:31 pm

Deciding not to give a snide comment back at Huor, Yang simply ignored him as he walked out of the cave to take another look around. She didn't trust him at all, but she knew she had to get over that if they were to survive. Swinging her wounded leg round, she grasped the arrow with her teeth and sharply pulled it out. Closing her eyes as if she were screaming inside her own mind at the pain. Coming to the desission to leave Siofra alone and to have the rest, Yang grunted quickly as she stood up and slowly wandered outside infront of the waterfall. She couldn't actually see the man, but could smell that he was nearby. Maybe close enough to...Yang soon shut her eyes and ventured inside Huor's head who was indead still close. Reading his mind, she sighed and flared her nostrils as she attempted to follow his sent to wherever he may be.

It only took her ten minutes considering the state she was in to find him. Slowly coming up behind him, she muttered his name and lay her body upon the ground a few metres away from him. "Hey," she began, not knowing what to say to him. "Lost Shetan then?" Not a good place to start off with, but she soon stopped mid-sentence as she said it. Forgetting that she hadn't told him that she could read minds yet. "I thought I should leave Siofra alone for a bit to get some peace and quiet..."

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 7:28 pm

Huor startled at the sudden sound of the voice. He had heard some movement, but as it had not sounded like a human, he had dismissed it as being a deer. The dragon, he had not expected, especially not considering the state she had been in when he had left the cave. At first he wanted to deny it, but something about the way the dragon had said it, made clear that it was of no use denying it. He shrugged. "Don't know what happened. He usually never buggers off, especially when he knows Siofra is nearby." Shaking his head, he tried to not think about the possible reasons for the horse's disappearance and concentrate on the other question that was roaming about in his head. "Why did you seek me out?" Huor decided to come out and ask the blunt question. "You don't like me, you don't trust me." He looked at Yang, noticing that she had removed the arrow that had been sticking out of her leg but the ones in her tail were still there. He didn't understand why Yang had come to him. He also knew that the reason Yang gave him for leaving the cave was not the only one. Something about the way she was talking and behaving did not quite fit with it. "What is it you want to know?" He asked, sighing. If it was what would get her to finally believe that he was not trying to trap them, then fine, he would tell her everything she wanted to know.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 7:54 pm

Staying quiet for a while, Yang's ears' twitched at the sound of the wind. "No, I don't trust you, I never said I don't like you. I'm sorry I snapped before in the cave, I just...I was just worked up." She trailed off, "and I'm not seeking you out, I just wanted to talk." Yang sighed as she said he last sentence, she didn't mean to snap. She had just lost her brother and knew it would take time to get over it. "Huor, it looks like it's just us three in this whole situation now together, and I need to know I can trust you. When I first met you, you and Siofra were arguing so I figured she didn't trust you so I decided not to either. Ying told me to ignore the situation because there were more important things and at that time there were. But now, I just need to know what the hell is happening. Huor, please..." This wa indeed an awkward situation for them both, but the white Yiang dragon knew that she had to learn to trust the man if they were to finish this adventure off.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 10:35 am

Huor's eyes flamed for a second, annoyed at the dragon's persistence to comment on every single word wanting to put it 'right', although she in the end said the same thing as him. And he had the uncomfortable feeling that she did more than just look at him. Did she read his thoughts? Then it was his turn to sigh, listening to what else Yang had to say. "Siofra never stopped trusting me as such. There was a time when she couldn't and didn't want to anymore, but the plain and simple fact is that she never did. We both know this." He thought back to the moment in the cave when she had held on to him. It had meant so much to both of them, showing that the trust and friendship they had felt for each other was still there, burried under all that had happened. "I cannot decide for you whether you can trust me or not, it is not my decision to make. But I can assure you that I would never do anything on purpose to harm Siofra. And she knows that too. She was just at a stage in her life where she didn't want to accept anything other than what she thought was the truth.. It.. I.. There's no possible way to explain this in a decent manner," he sighed again, tears almost welling up in his eyes. "I've grown to love her, you know? I love her like the daughter I've lost so many years ago. She's family. The only family I have left in my life, at least the only family I can depend on." He turned away from the dragon, not wanting her to see his weakness. He had to get a grip on himself again if he wanted to help them in any kind of way. Slowly, he turned back to Yang again. "I don't know what is happening. As I've said, they wanted to kill me the minute I came out of the cave, which also means that I have no idea what their further plan of action is. Somehow, word seems to have gotten through that Siofra and me have not always been working completely according to the King's desires, doing things our way. But his plan all along had only been to retrieve the egg, and gain world domination, which ultimately he would never have gotten, but anyway. I don't think there is anything to follow, except if he wants to get revenge now and then he is unpredictable." He trailed off, not sure what to add to this. If the King really was out for revenge, it would mean bloodshed for at least one side to stop him.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 11:11 am

Yang didn't know how to respond to that, and she knew it would be best if she didn't seeing that state that Huor was in. She was just about to open her mouth to say something else eventhough she thought it best not to, she heard a rustling of a bush nearby. Her eyes pricked up and she turned her head sharply around, narrowing her eyes to see if she could see anything. Then it came again, turning bcak to look at Huor, she let out a low growl. "Can you hear that?" But it was only a matter of time before their luck turned again as a familiar face jumped out from behing the bush. All the anger in Yang's face sweled up and she swore she could kill the man that stood infront of her with his boaw and arrow and sword in its pouch. "Hello, again." The man said as his lip curled up into an evil-looking smile. "See you in a bit of a state now Yang? And Huor, tut tut..." Ignoring the searing pain, Yang leapt forwards and snatched the bow he held and ripped it in half with her teeth. "No more bloody arrows!" She cursed as she bared her teeth directly at his face, "give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you here and now."

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 12:11 pm

Huor had heard the noise as well and turned back to Yang, but before he could reply, Yern was already standing in front of him. By now there was no emotion left in his face, his eyes dry as ever and his face a mask of coldness. "Ah. Yern." Huor clearly was not happy to see the man springing out from behind the bush. They had never gotten along and it was no secret. When Yern tutted him, he simply replied with just as much sarcasm in his voice, knowing that Yern would not be able to hold his upper hand much longer once he was challenged. "Only you? Facing an angry dragon and me? On your own?" Huor allowed a small grin to play around the corner of his mouth when he watched Yang snatch Yern's pathetic arrow in two with only one bite. He looked at Yern, disgust now the only expression showing on his face. "Have you finally dragged your sorry butt to me to take me up on that one on one you've been running away from for years now?"
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 12:23 pm

"Oh, you wouldn't want to kill me, I know you don't have it in you anyway." Simply peering around the white Yiang dragon to take a quick look at Huor, he smiled and reached for something in his pouch. Expecting it to be his sword, she was shocked to see him pull out another small flask of the purple liquid. He examined the flask quickly with his hands and chuckled. "Don't be silly, I don't need anyone else, they would just get in my way." Yern ignored the last part of Huor's sentence and shot an evil glance at him before turning back to the dragon. He now breathed in and took a step forwards, knowing that he could know threaten the dragon in anyway he wanted to. As he continued to mess about with the flask, he carried on walking slowly forwards towards the dragon. And as he did, Yang took the same amount of steps back. Her ears' flat back against her head, wanting to lash out at him, but knowing that if she did, it would only end in pain for her. Now, her tail was beginning to feel strange, the end of it where the arrows were still sticking out were coming into effect. She had to pull them out soon before anymore damage was done, but now wasn't the time.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 1:21 pm

It wouldn't have been Yern if he hadn't had a wicked back up plan, one where he could play but where he didn't have to get his fingers dirty. It's why Yern and Huor had fallen out in the first place, despite them being supposed to work on a job together. That had still been at the very start of Huor's career, years ago. Seeing that Yern only had eyes for the dragon - for what reason ever he thought it was a good idea to threaten a dragon who could, despite the liquid kill him in the blink of an eye, Huor did not understand - Huor slowly moved with the two, but placing himself behind Yern, out of his sight. The man did not even seem to notice, he was focused on enjoying his so-called victory of having the dragon cornered so much that he did not notice that he was actually the one that was being cornered. Even if the dragon was wounded, Yang could still do Yern a lot of harm he would not be able to recover from. Huor drew his sword with a slow, quiet movement and held it at the ready, wanting to see what Yern would do next. With the bottle in his hand, he would not be able to do much anyway since he certainly would not want anything to spill on himself. It should be easy enough for Yang and Huor to rid Yern of the bottle. In the meantime, Huor was sure Yang could read his mind, so he kept his thoughts wide open so she would know what he was about to do, should the need to react arise.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 2:31 pm

Yang noticed out of the corner of her eye as Huor crept behind Yern, she wanted to ask what he was doing but her attention was focused too much on Yern and the flask which he held in his hand. Deciding to see if Huor was doing anything on purose, she read his mind and realised that he had a plan. Still backing up, she listened as Yern began to speak again. "Don't worry Yang, you can join your brother soon enough..." With that, he launched the flask at Yang with the lid open. The white Yiang dragon reacted fast and lunged sideways out of the way of the flying liquid and shouted out as she did. "Now Huor!" Yern quickly looked around in shock as he didn't see Huor anywhere, but then he heard something behind him. Spinning around, Yern fell upon the floor in shock as he saw Huor behind him with his sword. "You!" He called as he fell backwards.

While this was going on between the two men, Yang quickly scanned herself to see if she had avoided being hit by the purple liquid. She was just about to class herself as okay when something purlpe cought her eye where the arrows were. Swinging her tail around, she noticed that the liquid had indeed hit her, but hit the arows and was now eating away at them. She knew she had to act fast before it progressed onto her scales. Placing her alons underneath the purple liquid, she quickly pulled all three of them out of her tail and let out a roar of pain as she did so. She through the arrows onto the ground and began to breath deaply before turning to look back at Yern, anger filling every particle of her body.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 3:15 pm

Glad that Yang seemed to have understood what Huor had in mind, he got himself ready to attack. It would be nasty as the attack would be coming from behind, but that would have been exactly the same thing as Yern would do and actually had done to mostly everybody he knew, namely stabbing them in the back. Huor didn't say anything or move until his moment had come, and that was sooner than expected. Apparently, Yern had ran out of patience and relatively early he threw the liquid towards the white dragon who quickly dodged it. Just as quickly, Huor lifted his sword and in one swift motion, he wanted to cut into Yern's leg, but the man fell to the floor before Huor's sword could touch him. Very well, Huor thought, while placing the tip of his sword on Yern's throat, careful to place his own body in an angle where Yern could not kick him or do anything else for that matter without killing himself within the same instant.

Huor watched how the dragon ripped the arrows out of her tail, watching how the pain was written all over her face and let out in one very loud angry roar. He could only imagine the amount of pain she was going through at that very moment, but knew that it could not be pretty. The anger was obvious in every single movement of her face and whole body. It would be great fun to scare Yern now. Huor cleared his throat. "Yang, would like to do the honours?" he asked in a mock pleasant voice, looking from the dragon to Yern, who's eyes widened in shock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next