Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Monty
Admin
Monty

Female Loveliness : 11

The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 2:24 pm

"Fly?" Ying muttered, looking from Siofra, to Yang, to the castle. "I can try..." Yang stepped back and allowed Ying to have room, but she quickly turned her gaze from her brothe to the castle, as the front door came down. Five men came out, Yern part of them...but the leader not? Yang narrowed her eyes down and took a step forwards to get a better veiw, she was about to take another step when an arrow hit the ground infront of her. Hey ears pricked up and stared at it in shock. "Erm," she began. "You don't think you could get a move on could you Ying?" Indeed, Ying had seen this happen. Frantically, he stood up but growled as he forgot his shoulder was hurt and leant on it falling against the ground again. Flapping his wings, he lifted his two front feat from the ground. Yang turned to Siofra, "get on my back, I on't think Ying will be able to as of now."

Back to top Go down
https://dragonscove.darkbb.com
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 2:44 pm

"Come on, hurryyyy," Siofra was getting nervous. Lately these encounters have been too close calls for her liking. Of course, Yern had to be amongst the guys showing up. She had developed a rather intense disliking for the man and his now scared face. "Woah, since when do they use arrows? This is not good," she muttered. Intently, she watched Ying as if her stare would help to lift off the ground easier. If only there was something she could do, but there was nothing, except to hope that his wings would function enough to get them out of here.

Just as Yang told her to get on her back, Shetan broke out of the forest, galloping towards them. "It's alright Yang, I have a ride." She grinned, happy to see her companion. "I think we better head over the river towards the mountains. They won't follow us into the lion's den, not if they want to live. With a bit of luck, we can easily curve back and get out of the Tribal Battle Blood's territory without bumping into these men again. "Hurry!" she yelled as the men kept decreasing the distance between them. At least their shooting skills were not the best. She quickly drew an arrow, one of the few undamaged ones, and planted it in front of Yern's feet, causing him to hesitate a little, the guy behind him bumping into him. At least, they were stalled a little bit, if only for a few seconds. It might the seconds Ying needed to get enough momentum to lift off completely and to fly away. And now that Yang didn't have to worry about someone on her back, she could help to keep him steady in the air.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 3:14 pm

Yang nodded and smiled at the sight of the horse, it had been a while since she had seen one. Flapping her wings, she took off into the air and hovered above Shetan. Her gaze fixed upon Ying. "C'mon Ying, you can do it!" Another arrow was shot, this time getting dangerously close to Ying's body. The black Yiang dragons flapped his great wings and jumped up into the air. He gave two great big flaps before his feet came back into contact with the ground once more. The long scratch on his wing stopped him from becoming airborne, stopping him from trapping the air beneath his wings with a smooth surface. 'I can't do it.' Ying said to Yang in his mind. Yang looked at Siofra with a worried expression and shook her head, a signal to tell her that it was no good. Landing upon the ground next to Ying, Yang looked at him. "Try again." Doing so, whe Ying jumped into the air, Yang grabbed him and lifted him up, 'keep flapping your wings,' doing so, Ying flapped his two wings and Yang flapped hers, clinging onto her brother with her paws. "You set off, me and Ying will catch you both up later." She called to Siofra as the two Yiang dragons rose slowly into the air.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 4:20 pm

Drawing in her breath rather sharply, Siofra was getting more and more nervous, the closer the men got and Ying still didn't fly higher. Her heart starting racing even faster when the black dragon moved towards the ground again. Why is it not working?? She saw the worried expressions in both the dragons faces. If Ying didn't make it, it might be his death sentence, something none of the three wanted to see happening.

A small sigh of relief escaped the half-elf as Yang managed to support her brother and the two lifted into the air, slowly but steadily and more steadily than before when Ying had tried on his own. "You could always try to get him onto your back so he can hold on and use your wing power to stable his own. If his shoulder can manage," she suggested, firing yet another arrow into the general direction of the men, hitting on of them in his left leg and making him fall over. At least he would not follow them any further.

But if Yang thought Siofra was going to leave the two dragons behind, she was wrong. She stayed in close proximity, trying to keep an eye out on their progress and the men following them. The distance between them was now growing again as the dragons were moving forward with more speed and the horse was adapting his speed to that of the dragons. Shetan, an intelligent animal, sensed how important this all was to his rider.

Siofra directed the horse towards the river, speeding him up to take the jump over. Forcing him to take the first few steps in the water itself as it was only slowly ebbing into the steeper river bed, he could easily jump across. She turned in the saddle to see whether the dragons were high enough so that they were out of arrows harm. The men following them, now only four, were slowly reducing their speed, their movements stating that they didn't know what to do. They couldn't keep up on foot and they had to turn back to get horses and then they would lose the fugitives out of sight completely. Which would sooner or later be the case anyway if they continued on foot, but it was clearly creating a lot of confusion amongst them. Seemed like for now, they could actually manage to escape and find a place where they could treat Ying's broken shoulder and the huge slit in his wing.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 4:46 pm

Ying shook his head at Siofra's suggestion, trying to fly had irritated it greatly and he couldn't do anything more than hold onto Yang and flap his own wings. However, he didn't have time to explin this to her, maybe she would understand him just by looking at him? He didn't know, but all they had to do was get away. Flying over the river, Ying was tiring fast. His body felt like a lead weight and he didn't know if he could keep much more of this up. But he had too. About fifteen minutes past until their destination was in sight. Taking a quick glance back, Ying saw that the men were out of sight. Only a few more flaps of the two dragons' wings came before they both landed upon the ground. Yang landed almost perfectly, but Ying as guessed came crashing down. He grunted and winced at the never-ending pain. "I'm sorry." Ying apologised to Siofra. "I can't keep it up, the pain, it just keeps growing the more I fly."

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 6:29 pm

Noticing that Ying was motioning something, she squinted her eyes to figure out what it was he was trying to explain. She didn't get it, but could only assume it might have something to do with her suggestion and the way they were flying together. Seemingly, this worked for them, they were moving along quicker than Siofra had hoped for, which spread a small smile across her face. Now, they had to find a decent spot where they all could rest for a while and where they could quietly plan on what to do next. Because obviously they had to work out something because the men might already have sent out search parties to find them.
As Ying came crashing to the floor, Shetan jumped sideways, not having expected the hard landing. "No need to apologise Ying," the half-elf smiled at him. "We're further away then I'd hoped to get anyway and you need rest. Make yourselves comfortable and Yang, if you could try to locate some water in the vicinity, that would be great." Siofra did not dismount the horse but rather directed him back towards where they came from. Before one of the dragons could ask where she was going or what she was planning on doing, she told them that she would hide the tracks leading to where they are, on top of laying false tracks into a different direction. It had to be done. She was tired and would love to sleep all the pain and excitement off, but this was more important.
The tracks were quickly hidden, she knew her craft and the new track was done even quicker. Growing more and more weary, she let Shetan find the way back, but she nevertheless held a large branch in her hand, large enough to be let trailing behind the horse to cover up the new tracks she was creating. From time to time she would jump off to make sure it didn't look too much as if something had been covered up. The closer she got to where the Yiang dragons were, the more she gave in to her feeling of tiredness. Soon she would be able to lie down for a bit and to rest. Shetan would take care of them, he was trained well enough for those sorts of things.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 8:21 pm

Ying nodded as he was given the all clear to be able to sleep. Getting himself in a comfortable position, Ying rested his head down upon the ground. His whole body ached and he was dying for a rest, closin his eyes, he slowly driffted of into a quite, and all-needed sleep. This made Yang smile, it was nice to see peace at last. But she did still have a job to do. Walking around, Yang hunted high and low for a river, until she finally came to around the clearing of a few trees. It wasn't as close as she had hoped for, but it was only a fifteen minute walk away and so in the morning, they could all move nearer to the bank. Coming back to where the other three were, Yang lay down opposite her brother and yawned. "There is a river a quarter of an hours walk away, Siofra." She too, rested her head upon the ground, but didn't get to sleep as quickly as her brother. She actually lay awake for a while watching the sunset, wondering what tomorrow might bring.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 10:51 pm

Siofra dragged herself to their resting place for the night, not even having realised that dusk had come upon them. The search parties would be called back now anyway as they couldn't see in the middle of the night and the risk of running into a Tribal Battle Blood or one of their riders was far too high. It was something the three should think about themselves but none of them were up for it. The only thought on their minds was sleep and it was a well-deserved sleep. They had been through too much for one day already to lay around worrying now.

Siofra relieved Shetan of the bridle and saddle, giving him the rest he deserved as well. She caressed him, talking to him for a while, glad that she could always count on him. Knowing, he would take care of her, even during the night, she let herself drop to the floor, ignoring the pain that shot through her body and fell into a deep but troubled sleep. She was hunted by frightening images, memories of what had occurred during the day, images of her brother scolding her for losing the sword.

When she woke up in the morning, even before it was completely light, she felt a little refreshed. Despite the nightmares, she had slept without waking up, giving her body the time it needed to fill up its energy and a part of its strength. The broken ribs were still hurting but at least the wound from the purple liquid had definitely disappeared in its entirety from her leg just as it had from Ying twice now. The next thought racing through her mind was that she absolutely needed to fill up her plant pouch just in case and she wanted to find something for Ying's shoulder.

The half-elf froze mid-thought, feeling a weird but not threatening presence. Why had Shetan not warned her? The presence didn't feel harmful, so maybe it was simply some form of night life having found its way into their camp. But then she wouldn't feel it so strongly. Slowly turning her head, she noticed that the two dragons were still sleeping and Shetan was happily grazing not far away from her as usual. A noise behind her. Siofra jumped up, wanting to grab the dagger she usually wore on her belt, but the outline of a rather strongly built person prevented her from doing so. She started shaking, unsure of what to do next. The man in front of her was not threatening her but he would definitely not treat her so nicely should she try to draw a weapon. He took a step forward, out of the shadows and into the dim light that was slowly lighting their camp. As she saw his face, she sucked in her breath: "What are /you/ doing here??"

Last edited by Eldarwen on Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 6:08 am

That sleep seemed to go like a flash, one minute Ying had rested his head down on the floor, the next minute he was hearing voices. Was he still asleep? For that voice was of none he had ever heard before. Moving slightly and forgetting about his shoulder, he shuffled his body round. Stopping dead in his tracks and groaning as a huge amount of pain shot up his shoulder.Yes, he was definatly awake. His body still ached greatly, but he felt as if the rest had done him some good. Not completely back to health, not even half, but still some good.

Opening his eyes, the first thing he saw was Yang, still asleep, then his attention drew to Siofra...then the man. Ying let out a low, warning growl to the new being, "who are you?" He mumbled, actually feeling quite vulnerable to the new being if he were to be attacked. "What do you want?" Maybe it was just a lost traveller, or maybe it wasn't. Maybe it was someone from the castles, maybe a messenger from the Tribal Battle Blood? Ying couldn't help to be over-suspicious as of now, but others would agree. He had a damn good right to.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 9:29 am

"That's what I call a nice greeting. How I've missed it," he replied with an ironic grin on his face. Siofra backed away a step, not trusting his intentions. "Aw, come on, you really think I'm here to bust you? You should know me better then that." That's when a fuse blew in Siofra. It was enough that she had to deal with him but him now bringing up the old stories, was simply too much, especially this early in the morning.

"Know you?! Yes I do know you and that is exactly why I don't trust you!" Anger flushed her cheeks deep red, her eyes were blazing and her voice was higher pitched than usual. Then she heard Ying growl, so she tried to regain her composure, especially since the dragon was almost threatening the man in front of her. But before he could answer, she told Ying: "He's no one and he was just about to leave again." Her voice was now cold, showing her distemper. She sensed that the dragon was not feeling up for a confrontation and she wanted to make sure that Ying didn't try anything stupid - in regard to his bodily status - otherwise he would hurt worse again.

"Alright, alright," the man held up his hands in defense, then pulling something out of his cloak, holding it towards Siofra. "Here, to show that I come with good intentions." The half-elf gasped: "Where did you get this?" She quickly snatched her sword from him, and while she was still forming the thought of how he got it, it clicked. He had to be in league with Yern and the others, how else could he have gotten the sword? Because the castle was where she was when she lost it. She raised her eyes to him, a look of disbelief and shock in her face. Slowly backing away from him, she whispered: "Get out of here."
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 7:11 pm

Listening intently to the conversation happening, Ying turned to Siofra. "Do you know him?" A bit of a stupid question, but he hoped that she would expand and say who he was and how she knew him. He tried to read her mind, but there were too mny thoughts running through her head for him to understand this early in the morning. However, he say that the elf was purpously avoiding eye-contact. What had this man done to her to make her so un-easy? He just gave her her brother's sword, and she wanted him gone? Something wasn't right...not at all. Was this man part of Yern's little group? Looking for the two Yiang dragons and force them to drink that awful liquid? There were two many questions, and not enough answers.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 7:52 pm

"Yes I know him," she spat, hoping Ying didn't take it for himself. Well she wasn't looking at the dragon, so he should understand that she was not being like this because of him. "We used to be partners," her anger growing again, "that is, until the bastard betrayed me and sold me out!" It took a lot of self-control not to throw herself at him to punch him into the ground.

"You're doing me wrong, Siofra. You know it wasn't like that," he tried to defend himself. "Oh really? Who was it then that sat rotting in the dungeon for days before the king realised that he could not afford to lose my services. Who was it that had to suffer? It certainly wasn't you, you bastard! You were sitting in your over-pompous room in the castle, being served by everybody and nearly having your feet kissed by the court for your apparently well-done job, where you knew it had been ME who saved your ass! No matter what you do Huor, I will never forgive you!"

She was panting wildly, her heartbeat throbbing in her head. The pain had started to come back and she bent down, letting out a small cry of pain, but immediately straightening up again, not wanting to show it. It was of no use though, tears were forming in her eyes and she could barely breathe anymore. Huor was reaching out, wanting to steady her but she just slapped his hand away. He shrugged in resignation. "You've never heard my.." She didn't even let him finish the sentence before she yelled again: "I don't want to hear your side of the story! Just tell me what you're doing here and then I don't want to see you again - ever!"

The hurt in his eyes was obvious. They had always worked well together, no quest ever failed and usually getting out unharmed. It hurt him to see her in pain, knowing full well that it might not have happened had they started off together as usual. "Siofra..," he started off, but realising it was of no use to plead with her, he decided to stick to the truth: "I think we all know you've already gathered where I found the sword. You also know that there is no going in and getting out without being affiliated with them." Siofra's eyes were widening in shock and she was about to shout out 'I knew it!' when he waved about with his hand, signaling for her to listen, which surprisingly she did. "Know this. They are still looking for you and they want to get back at you, all of you. They especially want back the dragons, you know why. They're also planning on handing you over to the king as a traitor, and you know what that means. You've already cut through their plans more than once with your actions. Now I cannot help you, you'll have to figure out what to do yourself, but there is another way to get the egg than what they're planning to do, but that is all I know."
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 8:09 pm

Getting spat at, Ying sighed. He thought it best not to ask her anymore qustions while she was in this state of mind. But there was no question about it, he was confused. Siofra looses her sword, a man comes out of know-where and he brings it to her, then they start rowing like an old married couple. Trying to get things straight in his head, Ying thought hard and blanked out their shouting for a while. So, Siofra and this 'Huor' used to be partners, then something must have happened and he gets the credit while Siofra gets in prison? It was one of those: you either get it completely soon, or never. Trailing away from his thoughts, Ying looked at the horizon, the sun was rising fast and search parties would be ocming out again if they weren't already. Hopefully the two would save their little argument until later...but they both seemed too deap into it to ever turn back.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 10:20 pm

The last sentence pulled Siofra's attention back to what was at stake her. Suddenly, she was not so angry at Huor again. He might actually be sincere and might have risked his own life by trailing her to tell her this. He must have been trailing her for a while otherwise he would not have been able to find them.

"Shit," biting her lip, she turned her back on Huor and moved over to Ying to check on the dragon's wounds. "Sorry about that. It was unnecessary. I will explain at some later stage if you still have questions. But now we have to get a move on again." The shoulder had swollen up over night, not necessarily a bad thing, though it did mean a lot of pain, but at least it meant that the shoulder was trying to find its own way to heal. Yang was still soundly asleep, which was good for her. Hopefully, she would be rested than after a good night's sleep, because it was obvious that Ying was not fit either, just like Siofra.

"Siofra, you only need to ask," Huor suggested gently. "I don't need your help," she defied him immediately, even though it would come in handy to have a helping hand around, but how could she trust him? How could she ever trust him again after what he'd done? She hated how all these old memories were now swelling up inside of her, it was not important now. What mattered was to get the two dragons out of here, in one piece, right now. She didn't even care about her assignment anymore.

"How is your wing?" she asked Ying, hoping against hope that it might have miraculously cured over night. She was already up and moving towards her saddle bags a few paces away to get the water flask she was carrying in them. The water might be stale but it was better than walking to the river, which would make them lose too much precious time. She dissolved some of the same root again in the water and gave it to Ying to ease his pain a little again. More plants were needed and she'd also have to create a bandage for Ying's shoulder. "Do you think you could torture yourself again for a while to get out of here?" She hated to make him suffer even more but sadly, it was necessary.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 7:35 am

The black Yiang dragons simply nodded as Siofra apologised, he was more worried about what she was about to do to his shoulder and wondering whether that if she put any ointment on, would it hurt or not. Getting a good luck for himself, he also saw that his shoulder had swolen, perhaps it was for the best and easy to treat? Perhaps more pain? He didn't know, but he didn't fancy testing whether he could walk or not yet. Ying was about to speak but was cut off before he even said anything as the two started at each other again. Forgetting about what he was about to say, Siofra spoke to hm again. His wing? He didn't know...stretching it out so they could both get a better look, it was the first time he had actually seen it properly himself since there wasn't time before.

Running from almost the tip of his wing and stopping just a few centimetres before his back, there bore a huge and deap cut. No wonder he couldn't have flown, for if dragons wished to fly, their wings must be large enough, have a large large surface area and must be smooth. Ying had all of that, apart from the smooth part. Where the cut broke his skin was the porblem, therefore not allowing him to fly and needing his sister's accistance. But perhaps showing Siofra clearly like this was good and he may be able to find something to heal it with...if anything did heal cuts and scratches like this.

Taking the roots and eating them, Ying froze at the next question. Fly? Again? Last time he had flown here was probably whathad irritated his shoulder and caused it to swell. But then reason came into Ying's mind, for he guessed he was just nervous from all the pain he had had and didn't want anymore, but he knew that would be an unlikely miracle if there was no-more to come."Well," he began. "I can try," knowing that he may be able to get further than last time since he had rest, Ying still didn't like the idea of all that pain from landing again. But if he didn't try, then they would probably get caught by the search parties.

'Hey Yang, wake up.' Ying said to his sister through her mind, causing her to stir a little. It only took a few calls before she finally opened her eyes. "Morning already? That came f-" Stoping mid-sentence, Yang stared at the human infront of them. She growled, not knowing whether he was from the castle or not. "Who are you?" "Yang, leave it, it will be explained later..." Sighing, the white Yiang dragon nodded and sat up, noticing the huge cut on her brother's wing which he was showing Siofra. "How are you feeling?" She asked him. "Could be worse," he mumbled, before slwoly sitting up too and making sure he didn't put any weight on his sore shoulder.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 10:29 am

The cut on the wing looked, quite frankly, bad. She knew full well that the wing was nearly useless with this kind of cut breaking its surface. "Hm, there's not much I can do about this other than cleaning off the edges and putting some herb paste on it to make it heal quicker, but the healing will have to come on its own." She looked at Ying, not wanting to think of how much more pain that might cause him. But she immediately started working on cleaning the cut. The herb paste was done just as quickly, and she did it all without granting Huor another look. But he did not leave either, which was slightly irritating her.

"Morning Yang," she smiled at the white Yiang dragon, ignoring her question as from the look on her face, Siofra realised that Ying had already told her not to ask further questions. "We'll have to be on our way again, they're probably already out looking for us. Did you get enough rest?" The half-elf then started rummaging through her pouch again trying to find a bit of mineral for Ying to suck on for the shoulder. "It won't taste very nice but it helps."

Shetan sensed that Siofra was starting to get ready to move, he knew her routine, so he came trotting over and Siofra immediately started saddling him up. Then she turned to Huor. "Was there anything else?" He looked as though he wanted to say something, but only gave her a pained look. "Stop looking at me like that," she whined, not wanting to crack. "You said what you've come here to say, so please, just leave us in peace now. I thank you for what you did, but please.." He simply nodded, turned around and disappeared into the forest without a sound.

"Right, shall we move out? Get away from here and then we can rest somewhere and finally get some food. We just have to get out of easy riding vicinity of the castle," she added with a worried look on her face. The other thing was that she wanted to get out of Tribal Battle Blood Territory before their situation got any worse. It was enough to be hunted by a group of insane lab assistants, they didn't need bloodthirsty dragons after them on top of that. And she desperately needed to find out how to get the egg.. Huor had said something that wanted to make her think but she couldn't afford to indulge in thoughts right now.

Last edited by Eldarwen on Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 4:37 pm

Ying nodded, realising that nature itself would habe to heal his wound like Siofra had said, but he didn't like the idea of the paste. As it was rubbed onto his sore wing, he could only look away, hoping it would help with the pain, but it really didn't. The herbs caused it to sting greatly, but he refrained himself from showing this and so he simply looked at the ground, avoiding eye-contact from either Siofra nor Yang. The pain from the paste would probably stop him from flying as accuratly as he could, but alas, he would just have to grit his teeth and deal with it. There was nothing more he could do, and he knew it.

Yang attempted a smile towards the elf-girl as if to say; okay, but her mind was soon drawn to her brother, Ying. She didn't mind 'aiding' him with his flying, but she knew he wouldn't like flying again, not after the landing last time. She watched as Siofra gave Ying something to suck on, whom accepted it without looking at her, "thanks," he muttered. Ying hoped that Siofra didn't take his actions personally, for he couldn't say much else and he transfixed on one spot on the ground in attempt to forget about the pain more easily.

A few minutes later, Ying turned to Yang as if to ask for her assistance in flying once more. Coming sharply over, the two Yiang dragons enterred the air and both beat their wings at the same time. Yang beingn quite fine about this, but Ying not quite liking the idea of having to move his wounded wing. He looked at Siofra but never made eye-contact, just seeing as to where she would lead them both for a better place to stop off at and already the black dragon was thinking about the dreaded landing he would have to do soon enough.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 6:27 am

"No worries Ying," Siofra knew the pain this would cause him, even having to grin slightly when he avoided eye contact. She wondered whether he wanted to rip her head off for the pain she was causing him. But she knew it would help him in the long run, and he probably knew as well, or at least would learn in time.

'Now for where to go,' she thought . It might be best to move into a direction the castle people would least expect, though something that did not bring them into danger again. The obvious thing would be to double back but at the moment the danger was too great to bump into a search party. The other thing would be to actually venture into the dragons' realm, trying to stay low profile. Neither really appealed to the half-elf. Moving out into a completely direction would be an option as well but they would have to come back at some point. Well, at least, she had to. maybe it really was better to take the dragons as far away as possible, especially since Ying had to heal.

Coming to a decision, Siofra lead the dragons, who had managed to lift themselves into their into a relatively comfortable flying position for Ying, away from all they had just escaped from. Staying within the lines of the forest, she tried to figure out the best way to quickly get as much distance between themselves and their last resting place. A little lake came into her mind, not all too far, so that Ying would hopefully be able to keep going until then. It would have to be a short rest only anyway, they would have to move away further after resting for a while. "Do you think landing in water would be less painful?" Less hard than the ground definitely, though better... that was a different question.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 7:57 am

Following the direction of Siofra, the two Ying dragons didn't speak outloud, but in their head. 'You seem mad Ying...' the white Yiang dragon said, glad of their power since she hated talking about other people. Ying didn't answer her, but just continued to look ahead and flap his wings. 'Ying?' 'What?' He growled, 'whats wrong.' There was another gap of silence, 'nothing.' He mumbled through his head. 'C'mon,' Yang sighed, not giving up. 'Well what do you think, Yang?' He said, slightly annoyed. 'I've just been shot with the purple liquid, before tumbling down a roof-top and then fallen fifty feet. Now I'm practically running for my life, and I can't even run.' Yang looked at her brother, whom didn't return the stare. She could tell he was angry, 'oh, I thought you were mad at Siofra?' Ying grunted outloud, to be honest, he didn't know if he was. Why would he be? She was only trying to help, and she was. She had helped him with his cuts and scratches, helped him gotten out of the castle and helped him find his sister, even helped him with the purple liquid, So why was he being like this? He had to talk to her in private, but he didn't know what he would tell her.

The river came into sight pretty fast, listening to Siofra's question, he nodded. As soon as the two Yiang dragons were above the river, Yang let go over her brother and he spread out his wings. Normally, he would have glided across and landed as of normal, but because of his wing he didn't. As he glided, he felt as if his balance was uneaven, which it was. Stretching his two back feet infront of him to skid across the water, hwe took a deap breath, knowing this wasn't going to go as planned. Suddenly, the wind hit him dead on and caused his hurt wing to get knocked bacwards and so unbalancing him. He fell into the water on his back, his whole body submerged. Yang landed next to the river bank and looked at where her brother had just dissappeared, knowing that he would put his head up soon, which he didn't. After a few minutes, Ying through his head out of the water and painfully swam over to the side of the river and clambered back onto the dry ground. Once he re-gained his balance, he shook his black coat which now glistened in the sunlight because of the water. He began panting, but looked at Siofra and Yang as if to say; I'm alright.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 5:29 pm

Siofra watched Ying's landing and it pained her to see how much pain he had from all of this. She knew she was starting to push it with him using his wings, but he could neither walk for long, let alone stand and he could not fly for long either, but they had to get out of here, no matter what, otherwise they'd be right back where they started before they tried to get out. When Ying did not immediately reappear from the water, the half-elf jumped out of the saddle and ran over to the border of the water, ready to jump in any second, should the black Yiang dragon not reappear within the next few seconds. Looking over at Yang, she saw that the white dragon was even more worried than she was.

Luckily, Ying's head soon broke the water and he came out panting, giving them both reassurance that nothing had happened. Even though she was not too sure about it, Siofra did not push it. She knew that Ying was already in a relatively bad mood. So, she simply made her way around the river and the trees to see whether she could find some decent wood to build a little bandage that would at the same time hold the shoulder in place and straighten it for Ying. Something seemed to be going hellishly wrong, though she could not figure out what it was she has supposedly done this time. Shetan felt the sorrow welling up inside her and thus followed her around like a puppy to show that he was there for her. She loosened his bridle and hugged him, before she sat down and quietly started working on the bandage while the dragons were settling themselves.

~(crappy reply, I'm sorry =/ )~
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 5:56 pm

After he had dried off, Ying glanced over as Siofra started to make the bandage out of materials from the forest. He then looked back at Yang, who returned the gaze sternly. 'Don't you dare tell her your angry.' 'I'm not going to,' Ying replied through his mind before limping over behind Siofra. "Hey," he muttered, trying not to scare her since he had crept up behind her. "What you doing?" He asked, eventhough he already knew. Hesitating, Ying lowered his body to the ground next to her slowly and gave a silent sigh of relief from the pain in his shoulder. It felt good to rest, but what would he tell Siofra? Why had he even come over here? Deap down, he just wanted to thank her for all the help she was doing, but he also wanted to talk to someone about how he was feeling. Maybe it was best for him to just turn himself in, drink the liquid and allow his sister and her to go free, free from arms way and they wold hopefully never bother them again? But even if he did turn himself in, would they stop there? Shaking his head, Ying came to a sudden realisation. No, they had come this far and he wasn't about to give up now.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 9:31 pm

Siofra heard Ying shuffle towards her, even before he made himself noticed by talking. The good sense of hearing made itself paid for, it was hard to surprise her when she was not completely out of it. She kept working on the bandage, only quickly glancing up to look into the dragon's face, a whole lot of different emotions playing on it. Most of all confusion and sorrow, even more clearly than the pain.

"Well, it's supposed to help you keep your shoulder straight, so that the bones can heal better and most importantly, in the correct spot, so that the shoulder is how it should be afterwards and does not curve or whatever," she explained, growing nervous half-way through. Something about the dragons behaviour made her a little nervous and she was wondering what was going on. After he had eased himself into a more comfortable position but still without saying anything further, she grew uncomfortable but tried to hide it. After nothing else followed the question, she had realised it had only been a pretense to break the silence.

What was going through his mind? Ying seemed unsure and confused about something. And the fact that Yang deliberately left them space and did not join them signaled the half-elf that he must be mulling over something important. "Why don't you tell me what is on your mind?" she asked encouragingly.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 8:00 am

"Siofra," Ying began, looking her in the eye. "I'm not sure where to start, but I just want to thank you for all your doing." Ying paused, he didn't know where to go on from there. "I'm just confused." He knew Sifora would ask why he was confused, and so he carried on before she said anything. "I just don't know what to do, I just won't know where to go on from here. I feel bad for dragging yourself into this, maybe I should jsut turn myself in and hope they leave you two alone?" This felt awkwardfor Ying, for he had never told a human how he feels. "And out of all of this, if I get hurt, I just keep getting more hurt from everything that happens afterwards. I know its not your fault and your trying to help and all, but I just don't think I can take anymore." The black Yiang dragon looked at the ground at the last sentence, loosing eye-contact and he sighed. "I'm sorry, I've probably scared you coming over here like this, I'll leave you to what you have to do.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 10:58 am

The half-elf gave the dragon a warm smile, happy and appreciating the fact that her help was welcome. Giving him the time that he needed to find a way where to start himself, without her pushing him to continue, though she had the urge to tickle it all out of him. She didn't like this kind of suspense, especially when she felt that the succeeding would have something to do with her. But she had not prepared herself for what was about to come.

Her eyes opened wide and the words were stuck in her throat. Had Ying really just suggested what she thought she'd heard him suggest? "You can not be serious about this," she finally got the words out. "First off, you did not drag me into this and I would not be here if I did not want to be here." How could he even think that he had forced her into this? It was her after all that suggested to even go to the castle. It was her employer that wanted the egg and even started this whole affair, dragging the dragons into it. She added the next part with an even more sensitive voice. "You know Ying, you wouldn't do your sister, or anyone else for that matter, a favour by turning yourself in. Especially not yourself, if you want to take that kind of pain upon yourself."

She could understand how confused he was, they were thoughts she would probably have herself were she to be in his place. On the other hand however, she knew it wouldn't get anyone farther if anyone would make that kind of sacrifice. "Ying," she put her hand lightly on his healthy shoulder, "you don't have to go through this alone, you know."
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 5:20 pm

Siofra's words helped Ying find his feet a little, but the thought was still in his mind. "I would do her a favor, because then they wouldn't be after her or you anymore, theybould have me and that would be that. I wouldn't care about the pain, as long as you two were alright." This was a lie, he did care about the pain, and he could barely stand what he was going through now and didn't like to think how drinking the liquid would feel. But, if it preventing them from getting hurt them he would do almost anything. As Siofra put her hand on his shoulder, she looked her in the eye again. Maybe she was right. His whole life, he had only known his sister and she had only known him, maybe now was the time to be a part of something else. To realise what true friendship was. "I..." Ying stuttered, " I just don't think I can take much more of this." This was completely changing the subject, but he just had to say it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next